• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Heroes Thread

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
Oh, anyone other then me notice how man unlocked a new part of his power? I think we will get to see this again.

...Man?

Daphne is still alive man, although Matt and co aren't aware of it yet, but the description for episode 18 of Season 3, 'Exposed', confirms she didn't die.

"THE HUNT CONTINUES AS MATT AND PETER GET CLOSER TO EXPOSING THE TRUTH -- EMMY AWARD-WINNER ZELJKO IVANEK, JUSTIN BALDONI AND DAN BYRD GUEST STAR -- After receiving a tip from “Rebel,” Matt (Greg Grunberg) and Peter (Milo Ventimiglia) race to “Building 26” to rescue Daphne and recover files that will expose the government’s plans for those with abilities. Claire (Hayden Panettiere) finds help from an unlikely source in smuggling Alex (guest star Justin Baldoni) out of the city. As Sylar (Zachary Quinto) and Luke (guest star Dan Byrd) continue their road trip, Sylar begins to have memories of his father that lead him to the truth about his mother. Meanwhile, “The Hunter” (guest star Zeljko Ivanek) puts his own agenda into action with an explosive surprise for one of our heroes. Jack Coleman, Adrian Pasdar and Cristine Rose also star. Randall Bentley, Ashley Crow and David Lawrence XVII also guest star.

Show Cast: Hayden Panettiere, Greg Grunberg, Masi Oka, Adrian Pasdar, Jack Coleman, James Kyson Lee, Zachary Quinto, Cristine Rose, Ali Larter, Dania Ramirez, Milo Ventimiglia, Sendhil Ramamurthy"

Gaah, spoilers >_<;

EmberStar the Blaziken

Kung-Pow Chicken
Sorry, I meant Matt.

Also, I was thinking, would it be impossible for "Super Charging" to be used with Peter's power? Peter would get super charging, but then try to super charge someone else and copy their power instead.

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
Sorry, I meant Matt.

Ah, well in that case... the writers have come up with a pretty interesting explanation for that.

It seems that strict precogs (Isaac, Usutu, etc) access a "higher plane of consciousness" when using their ability. Matt hasn't developed another individual ability to see the future, but rather, has developed his telepathy to be able to access the aspects of that ability.

Also, I was thinking, would it be impossible for "Super Charging" to be used with Peter's power? Peter would get super charging, but then try to super charge someone else and copy their power instead.

I think that would only be if Ando touched Peter to supercharge him. Remember Ando was able to focus his ability into a blast in the future... if Ando were to ever supercharge Peter, he could theoretically do that blast instead.

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
Well does Sylar like Luke or did he save him to get his powers?

I'm betting my life it's the former. Sylar said it himself, he's not really into the whole power thing anymore. It's mostly about finding his father. Plus, he's definitely developed some sort of emotional bond with Luke already.

EmberStar the Blaziken

Kung-Pow Chicken
I agree. I like how the Luke character is turning Sylar into a dynamic character and not the static "OMG Kill 4 Powa" we've been seeing. I'm so glad they didn't rehash his season 1 story line.

superjesus1

On a completely unrelated note, well kind of, Heroes is back on our screens in the UK on Monday night :D Though i forgot the time and channel XS Glad it's not a couple months as i first predicted X3

Sorry if this has been mentioned already!

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
Has anyone noticed that Bennet's storyline seems to repeat every season?

"I'm doing it for you, Claire. You don't understand the circumstances."

Honestly, when will the writers change this up?

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
Has anyone noticed that Bennet's storyline seems to repeat every season?

"I'm doing it for you, Claire. You don't understand the circumstances."

Honestly, when will the writers change this up?

Hmm, let's see.

Volume One: Claire is given to Noah as an assignment. Noah must fight to hide her ability from the Company as well as protect her from Sylar. Overall, Noah must keep her safe.

Volume Two: Living a new life in Costa Verde, Noah urges Claire not to stick out, as the Company could find her based on even the most insignificant indicator. This equates to Claire not being allowed to have a life outside of school.

Volume Three: Noah is forced to work with Sylar under Angela's orders. During this partnership, Noah forces Stephen Canfield to kill himself, since Canfield would not "be a monster" and kill Sylar for Claire. He also abandons a dying Claire in her time of need in order to go after Sylar and Elle in an ironic attempt to guarantee Claire's safety.

Volume Four: Noah must work with the government and hunt down evolved humans, or else Claire's immunity will be rendered null and void.

...Yeah, it's definitely repeating every single season.

Just watched all 3 Fugitive eps. The concept of Sylar having a sidekick is greatly amusing. Also, love the deja vu scene with Peter and Mohinder in the cab. XD

My only disappointment is that there was no return or at least no mention of previously shown people with powers that are still alive. Surely they're being chased too.

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
Just watched all 3 Fugitive eps. The concept of Sylar having a sidekick is greatly amusing. Also, love the deja vu scene with Peter and Mohinder in the cab. XD

Don't forget HRG passing out at the bar, as Matt steps out into view. Did it remind you of Matt passing out after seeing the Haitian at the bar? xD

My only disappointment is that there was no return or at least no mention of previously shown people with powers that are still alive. Surely they're being chased too.

I know. West? Monica? etc.

I think a possible explanation is that, as far as I'm concerned, Nathan never met West or Monica or any of those other people. Thus, he doesn't know that they're posthumans or not. I could be mistaken though. But I don't remember them ever meeting.

EmberStar the Blaziken

Kung-Pow Chicken
Anyone want some kind of closure on Kaitlin, despite hating her?

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
Anyone want some kind of closure on Kaitlin, despite hating her?

Me. But I doubt we're ever getting one.
The writers said that they were originally going to explain what happened to her in the old Volume Three, Exodus, but thanks to the Writers' strike, that never happened. And by the time season three came around, it was "too late" to go back to that storyline.
But damn, they could at least mention it...

I'd forgotten there was another bar scene, heh.

I think a possible explanation is that, as far as I'm concerned, Nathan never met West or Monica or any of those other people. Thus, he doesn't know that they're posthumans or not. I could be mistaken though. But I don't remember them ever meeting.
I'd agree with you but he'd never met the water breather before either.

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
I'd agree with you but he'd never met the water breather before either.

Good point. There was a graphic novel too with a lot of random evolved humans that Nathan had never met before, but they were being hunted as well.

Maybe he's using Chandra's list? Omitting his own name, of course.

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
It's probably because they can't use the actors because they're unavailable. Really, Micah was pretty cool, but we haven't heard from him since the end of Season 2.

But back at the preview for Volume 4, wasn't his picture in the file Nathan gave to the president? I can't remember.