• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

He's Born! The Alolan League Winner! (1082)

Juaquin

The Chosen One
I rather pikachu win the match for Ash maybe put both lycanroc as the first match or middle but pikachu should've delivered the win for him hes still the mvp like always

Souleraser

Casual Trainer
I was 10 when the anime premiered, throughout the years i kept checking the league arks to see whether it would be that league that ash finally achieves his goal. 20 years later, it happened. Thank you Pokemon anime, for finally giving Ash. as well as myself, closure.

A disappointing end to a disappointing tournament . I was hoping for at least one battle on the level of XY’s in the league and of course, I don’t get it.

Congrats to Ash. He finally won a “ league “ after 20+ years. Sad to say it was done in an utterly mediocre fashion, but hey, people will take whatever they can get after being trolled for 20 years I guess.

Gladion and Ash laughing at the thought of having a battle chock full of tension and hype just goes to show you the priorities of the league.

It was a nice reaction from Ash after he won

I rank the Alola “ League “ to be above BW. In terms of significance, below BF

Last edited:

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
A disappointing end to a disappointing tournament . I was hoping for at least one battle on the level of XY’s in the league and of course, I don’t get it.

Congrats to Ash. He finally won a “ league “ after 20+ years. Sad to say it was done in an utterly mediocre fashion, but hey, people will take whatever they can get after being trolled for 20 years I guess.

Gladion and Ash laughing at the thought of having a battle chock full of tension and hype just goes to show you the priorities of the league.

I rank the Alola League to be above BW

For me it's above Kanto and really close to BW, If Kukui vs Ash counts as league battle, and if Ah vs Kukui is good I'd give it above Unova league. Kanto remains the worst league for me( not counting OI).

For me it's above Kanto and really close to BW, If Kukui vs Ash counts as league battle, and if Ah vs Kukui is good I'd give it above Unova league. Kanto remains the worst league for me( not counting OI).

I’d have to rewatch BW’s league, but I’m inclined to believe you. This league was really mediocre

ballinamon

ASH, YOU F*CKING DID IT!!! YOU F*CKING WIN!!!

We did bros, we waited and waited for literal years, how many of us have died in the way? I don't know, but here we are.

Oh man, I just woke 6:00 am only for this. The battle really have me in the edge of my seat in all times. I'm the only one that felt those Counter in the guts? holy sh*t!! the stress this time took me off years of life.

Oh man, the conclusion definitively felt orgasmic, I can say that. Today I'm going to celebrate with donuts in honor to Champion Ash.

I think what really struck me was Ash and Gladion laughing at the mere thought of a serious battle. Yes I know, I know, that’s Alola to the T, and if I liked Alola’s narrative, maybe it would have been better. But like I said before, this “ league “ has had different priorities since its inception.

thor94

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!
Ash finally won a league, even if it looked more like a local tournament with better funds and sponsors than a real official league and at best, on the level of a quarter final/qualification round (3vs3) of any previous official leagues.
Next step, ash winning a true official league involving several hundreds contestants instead of only a dozen.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Congrats Ash for becoming the first ever alola champion in anime universe, in the region where you constantly said you love live in here and love people of alola on some episode , you deserve it

10/10

catzeye

Writer's Block
I shed a few tears watching this.

I've been a fan of Pokemon for 20 years and I had almost given up on Ash winning, but waking up to see Ash finally win a regional league was absolutely astounding. I liked the battle a lot. It didn't need to be as tense as the Kalos League. 10/10 Episode for me.

I texted my mom after Ash won and she's super happy about it (she's a huge fan of POkemon herself after watching the show with me when I was five).

Congratulations Ash Ketchum!

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Those fools at Satoshipedia will have an aneurism over Ash getting a league victory in anywhere but their pet region.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!
Ash finally won a league, even if it looked more like a local tournament with better funds and sponsors than a real official league and at best, on the level of a quarter final/qualification round (3vs3) of any previous official leagues.
Next step, ash winning a true official league involving several hundreds contestants instead of only a dozen.

Totally sounds like Galar to me:)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

I rank the Alola “ League “ to be above BW. In terms of significance, below BF

Personally, I like the Alola League better than the Unova & Kalos leagues since we actually got to see the tournament all the way through (or at least mostly anyway). I’ll admit that Kalos had the most intense & action-packed battle’s (with Hoenn & Sinnoh coming in a close second), but the one thing about league/tournament arcs is watching all of the matches that lead up to the big finale. Even if the battles are lackluster, I find it more fun to see the various matchups and seeing how much the characters have developed up to that point.

The biggest problem with Unova & Kalos (aside from Cameron) is how much they rushed through most of the battles, with Kalos only really showing one preliminary battle before Ash’s matches with Sawyer & Alain this is personally why I liked the Battle
Club & Clubsplosion tournaments in BW more than the Unova League since they actually had better build up.

Similarly, the Alola League felt more like a Pokémon League tournament since we saw all of the matches. Even if it had it’s crappy moments, each match showed off the best of all the competitors & felt like a swan song for most of the losers.

Personally, I like the Alola League better than the Unova & Kalos leagues since we actually got to see the tournament all the way through (or at least mostly anyway). I’ll admit that Kalos had the most intense & action-packed battle’s (with Hoenn & Sinnoh coming in a close second), but the one thing about league/tournament arcs is watching all of the matches that lead up to the big finale. Even if the battles are lackluster, I find it more fun to see the various matchups and seeing how much the characters have developed up to that point.

The biggest problem with Unova & Kalos (aside from Cameron) is how much they rushed through most of the battles, with Kalos only really showing one preliminary battle before Ash’s matches with Sawyer & Alain this is personally why I liked the Battle
Club & Clubsplosion tournaments in BW more than the Unova League since they actually had better build up.

Similarly, the Alola League felt more like a Pokémon League tournament since we saw all of the matches. Even if it had it’s crappy moments, each match showed off the best of all the competitors & felt like a swan song for most of the losers.

Yeah you saw a lot of 1v1s and people who don’t deserve to be there participating. It’s great to see various matchups, but what isn’t great is if those matches aren’t done well and if the competitors aren’t legitimately serious trainers. The battles and the people participating in them being lackluster is a significant detriment.

For me, the Alola’s tournament never at any moment felt like an actual league. From its inception through its end. Seeing all those matches only continually cemented my opinion of the matter. More of a bad thing doesn’t equal to it suddenly turning good

You’re free to think differently of course

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Those fools at Satoshipedia will have an aneurism over Ash getting a league victory in anywhere but their pet region.

They probably won't care - their 'Real Ash' progression (as they view it) is OS - ADV - DP - XY and everything else is a parallel Ash.