1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

He's Born! The Alolan League Winner! (1082)

Discussion in 'Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon - Ultra Legends' started by Serebii, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Apslup

Apslup Feelin' Fine.

good job i guess

2. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

I kinda wonder if that's what they're going for and to show even with Ash making all these breakthroughs, the show isn't revolved around that grandeur. The league has been as much about setting up the companions' development (and even some supporting characters) as much as it has Ash.

I don't buy we've seen the last of Ash but SM and the hints we have about Galar so far would imply maybe the writers are thinking of giving the supporting cast more limelight and maybe making things more of an ensemble setup. To show the series isn't reaching its end just because Ash is making big steps. He's a key cog in the machine, but he's still only one of many.

3. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger Superancient Member

The writing hints that the SM cast will continue on to Galar. If not everyone goes, then at least a few, with the rest going their own way into the other regions. But they won't be far away, if the "all regions" disclosure is really going to be a major idea and not a cameo vehicle.

4. TTNH03

TTNH03 Pokemon Researcher

Even though I still have some gripes with how this League turned out, congrats to Ash for finally winning one.

5. XanderCage

XanderCage Loose Cannon Cop

I feel the anime team missed a perfect opportunity to fake everyone out during Midnight's last counter. That moment would have been so much better if when Dusk took the hit it's eyes turned back to green only for them to switch back to red when Ash orders it to use Counter to retaliate. I think that would have made the finale even more momentous.

saradanaruto likes this.
  6. AznKei

AznKei Rabi-Ribi's Cocoa is cute! ^_^

I just wanted to say I don't blindly hate Ash. My interests towards JRPGs are going towards the bottom among all the genres I played, because I just couldn't afford to play them anymore and that the mainstream games were the last JRPGs I played in which the show is inspired from. And yes, I'm tired about the whole competing towards the league aspect, so my anti-Ash rant is also symbolic, I want to see something different from that franchise. But I'm aware of the show reality, so I went to the fan project path instead of begging and ranting towards the writers again. I'm still watching the show as a passtime, but I'm not afraid to express my position towards it. Anyways, whether people believes that this league is legit or not isn't really my concern, but congrats for Ash for winning one I guess.

Trey pokes and KenzeyEevee like this.
  7. You should all read the art of not giving a f**k. It is amazing. Ash wins, does it change anything? No, so don't give a f**k
    Ash wins in a region where battles aren't the priority, does it matter? Is it life threatening? No don't give a f**k about how and where he wins. Don't give a f**k about gen 8 anime. Just enjoy and do not worry.

DuquÊ? likes this.
  8. Power Up

Power Up ...

IMO, it’s easy for me to not give a f*ck, it’s harder for me to care

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  9. Blastmaster

Blastmaster Well-Known Member

Your 20+ posts in this thread alone beg to differ

maartjeverhoef and Sham like this.
  10. Power Up

Power Up ...

Imagine missing the underlying subtext...

It’s why this matters for me. Because I do care.

Xuxuba and mehmeh1 like this.
  11. Blastmaster

Then you need to lighten up, dude. It's a cartoon. Not saying you can't take cartoons seriously, but there's that and then there's what you're doing. You let the television show ruin your day and getting upset at everyone who enjoyed theirs.

It's either that or be salty. I've chosen to get loads of entertainment from both sides.

edit @ below: salty it is then lol

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    Sham, Dragalge, AznKei and 1 other person like this.
  12. Power Up

Power Up ...

Yeah, I’ve been watching this show and Ash for a long time now. The event’s a big deal. Thanks for the suggestion, but I’m not going to be following it. Pretty terrible criticism to be honest, the “ just a cartoon “ line.

I’m doing what I’ve been doing for the past 3 or so years.

Edit: @ above Yup, I’ll stay “ salty, “ thanks for your concern. Next time anyone offers criticism for anything, I’ll make sure to say they’re salty. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    RLC, Xuxuba, Akkipeddi and 1 other person like this.
  13. AznKei

AznKei Rabi-Ribi's Cocoa is cute! ^_^

What if the fans are going to boycott/riot near any Pokemon centres around the world because of this outcome? I thought sport hooligans were doing these for ridiculous reasons win or lose.

14. Blastmaster

I doubt that's gonna happen (it'd honestly be more likely if he lost since outrage is typically sparked by "negative" outcomes), but either way I'm mostly talking about internet reactions here. Anyone with common sense knows not to go as far as riots, not everyone online knows how to just relax sometimes.

15. Torterraaaa

Torterraaaa Well-Known Member

I am so happy Ash won. As someone who's 27 and watched the original series as a kid, it's like some of my dreams were with Ash, if that makes sense. If he aged like a normal person he'd be about my age.

Still a bit salty he didn't win in XYZ though. There was so much more hype that season.

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  16. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Neutral force of Meh

That's for Gen 8 with Team Yell ;)

Also, lol, poor Gladion is being destroyed by memes now

Trey pokes and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  17. U.N. Owen

U.N. Owen In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

While I do dislike this league, I cannot deny Ash won the league. Raise a glass to Ash Ketchum.

18. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

It's a very bitter cup of stale drink that's been sitting on the counter for two decades

Spider-Phoenix and mehmeh1 like this.
  19. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "What are yeh looking at. Gimme my booty back."

Needs to be wine to taste better with time.

mehmeh1 likes this.
  20. U.N. Owen

U.N. Owen In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

Who said the glass had any substance?