• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

He's Born! The Alolan League Winner! (1082)

Guzzlord represents the XY fans who were salty that Ash won Alola and not Kalos.

I'm happy that Ash won but this victory feels similar to the Orange League, especially because Ash was given a Mythical and anyone could compete. I will give credit to Gladion, who honestly battled better than Ash overall in that match. The thing that I hate most was that major news outlets were saying that Ash became a Pokémon Master even though he wasn't. Heck, this Alola has no Elite 4.

RafaSceptile

Guzzlord represents the XY fans who were salty that Ash won Alola and not Kalos.

I'm happy that Ash won but this victory feels similar to the Orange League, especially because Ash was given a Mythical and anyone could compete. I will give credit to Gladion, who honestly battled better than Ash overall in that match. The thing that I hate most was that major news outlets were saying that Ash became a Pokémon Master even though he wasn't. Heck, this Alola has no Elite 4.

Melmetal wasn't so relevant to Ash's victory and the fact that anyone could compete doesn't matter, in the end only the strongest trainers advanced to the final rounds, with only 16 or 151 or with 10,000,000 trainers in Alola, very likely Ash, Kiawe, Guzma and Gladion could be still in the semifinals.

Red and Blue

Melmetal wasn't so relevant to Ash's victory and the fact that anyone could compete doesn't matter, in the end only the strongest trainers advanced to the final rounds, with only 16 or 151 or with 10,000,000 trainers in Alola, very likely Ash, Kiawe, Guzma and Gladion could be still in the semifinals.
Yeah all Melmetal did was more or less make sure Silvally didn't pose a problem for the rest of the match. And it went down first

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer

Idk why being salty Ash didn't win in Kalos is relevant here
Again , how is ash having melmetal a negative? He didn't win coz of it, and ash clearly outmanoeuvred gladion in the battle, esp with his last command.

RafaSceptile

Yeah all Melmetal did was more or less make sure Silvally didn't pose a problem for the rest of the match. And it went down first

I think Pikachu could have taken care of Silvally himself, especially considering his previous battles against other Legendary Pokémon where Pikachu is the GOAT.

Idk why being salty Ash didn't win in Kalos is relevant here
Again , how is ash having melmetal a negative? He didn't win coz of it, and ash clearly outmanoeuvred gladion in the battle, esp with his last command.

Agreed, can we stop to complain about XY131 now? More than 4 years ago and we can't accept what happened? We don't know if that had any repercussion about the result of this episode (and very likely not) or writers just tried to adapt the SM games where the Kantonian main character became the first champion of Alola

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Lillie beating Ash and winning the Alola League would have been a much more satisfying outcome imo.
She was thoroughly doomed to fail when all she brought was a freaking Alolan Vulpix that barely had a battle presence. Had she used her Ice Stone (which I believe melted in her pocket by now) and actually got Magearna working before the league started (though judging the movie she would have been screwed with a "stay in the kitchen" role), maybe she might have stood a chance.

RafaSceptile

She was thoroughly doomed to fail when all she brought was a freaking Alolan Vulpix that barely had a battle presence. Had she used her Ice Stone (which I believe melted in her pocket by now) and actually got Magearna working before, maybe she might have stood a chance.

I'm still sad that writers allow Mallow to use Shaymin (at least during the Battle Royale) but Lillie wasn't allow to use Magearna, especially because it was the first Magearna outside of movies :(

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
She was thoroughly doomed to fail when all she brought was a freaking Alolan Vulpix that barely had a battle presence. Had she used her Ice Stone (which I believe melted in her pocket by now) and actually got Magearna working before the league started (though judging the movie she would have been screwed with a "stay in the kitchen" role), maybe she might have stood a chance.
Don't underestimate her op Alolan Vulpix :D

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Ash was given a Mythical and anyone could compete
Mallow also used a mythical in this league. Also, Melmetal's only impact in this battle was to weaken Silvally (A LEGENDARY) so that Pikachu could take it out. If Gladion is using a legendary (which you have to accept unless you also think Tobias was bs) then why shouldn't Ash be allowed to use a mythical to counter it? FWIW, I liked this battle a lot because it subverted two possible expectations:

Possible expectation #1: if a mythical vs. a legendary happens in a league battle, it will be the final battle of the match.
This did not happen. Clever subversion

Possible expectation #2: If 2 Pokémon are going to use Z moves against each other at the same time, it will be the final two moves of the entire match.
This did not happen. Clever subversion

The fact that they did not choose either of these two obvious endings to the match and just make it come down to an all-out brawl Lycanroc v Lycanroc was epic imo
The thing that I hate most was that major news outlets were saying that Ash became a Pokémon Master even though he wasn't.
Only one major news outlet said this
(though judging the movie she would have been screwed with a "stay in the kitchen" role
What movie?

RafaSceptile

Reviewing the Pokémon Anime in 10 words or less:
"Ash deserves this after 22 years losing all leagues*"

*The Orange League counts but was not considered for my comment
Episode: 10/10

Also, because of today is the last day of April, aka Alola month for the 25th anniversary celebration, the Pokémon YouTube channel uploaded the final part of Ash vs Gladio

JOURNEYS, DON'T FORGET THAT ASH WINS A POKEMON LEAGUE, PLEASE START TREATING BETTER THIS GUY WHO TRAVELED IN MORE THAN 7 REGIONS
Yeah lmao I’m glad they didn’t mention it