• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

He's Born! The Alolan League Winner! (1082)

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
September 15 is the date of both SM trailer being revealed (Ash being ruined) and Ash winning the Alola League. What an awful day. Safe to say I won’t be celebrating World Ash Ketchum Day.
You r a person of culture

Pokemonfan5

I agree. SM ruined Ash beyond repair. The real Ash is dead and the TV Tokyo vultures are here to dismember the corpse.
Yeah man why SM make Ash much stronger trainer than he was in any other series, why SM make Ash even better and more independent person, why SM give Ash a home, a family and happiest life he ever had, why SM give Ash his first league win and regional champion title which lead to challenge the world, Why SM focus on Ash and his bond with his partner pikachu 1000x times better than any other series.

How can SM did so many amazing things to Ash to ruin his character.

Last edited:

Pokemonfan5

The most hilarious thing is that the people that hate SM the most are the first ones to remember the Celebration day.
True, those who only care about Ash's art style say Ash was ruined in SM when Ash character was FACTUALLY improved but haters are either didn't watch whole SM or maybe scared to accept this because Ash's face is bad means Ash is bad character for them.

Pokemonfan5

Can't believe 2 years already passed since Ash win league and become champion first time.

Really amazing day for Ash Ketchum fans who seen Ash for years struggling to reach this far, face many losses while getting stronger and stronger in every series (not BW) to finally become a champion, Ash himself can't believe that he finally won a league.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Ah yes, Ash's achievements......
EITO0xMX0AASrgH

EITO0xSX0AAgwYU

EITO0xjW4AAwBaU

EITO0xnW4AATNk9

EITO79bWkAAW6PY

EITO79mWwAA4YB_
Coming 16th, 8th, 8th, 4th, 8th and 2nd consecutively in a region wide tournament before finally winning and taking on higher champion level trainers is the definition of consistency :v
Not to mention the Battle Frontier and Orange league and countless other tournaments he won, bonds he reached with his mons and disasters he stopped
Say whatever you will of Ash but in terms of achievements he's amazing

Leonhart

Imagineer
The idea of a fictional character's achievements being celebrated is strange to me, in particular because I didn't care about his Alola League win whatsoever. If there's one accomplishment - or rather, personality trait - of his that I do find somewhat respectable, it's the fact that he's managed to persevere despite many setbacks that he's faced throughout his journey, but the same applies to all shonen protagonist characters I suppose.

Last edited:

Jers745

I dont know :p
The idea of a fictional character's achievements being celebrated is strange to me, in particular because I didn't care about his Alola League win whatsoever. If there's one accomplishment of his that I do find somewhat respectable, it's the fact that he's managed to persevere despite many setbacks that he's faced throughout his journey, but the same applies to all shonen protagonist characters I suppose.
Its not quite the same, take for example goku while he does have a journey to become the strongest there's not real goal, there's not a wall to beat and while with ash is kinda the same he does have walls to beat. Becoming the strongest in his world beat the champions after that his arc is basically finished even if that in itself doesnt make him a pokemon master. Another example would be naruto who did have a goal with a determined way that's becoming hokage the problem here its that the guy already did it and to the public he always seemed on his way to complete his goal while ash not to most people he seemed to regress (this said by someone who only just started to watch more the anime after the alola league) so its not really strange for people to want to conmemorate a part of his childhood preogressing (kinda)

Morax

King of heroes
Its not quite the same, take for example goku while he does have a journey to become the strongest there's not real goal, there's not a wall to beat and while with ash is kinda the same he does have walls to beat. Becoming the strongest in his world beat the champions after that his arc is basically finished even if that in itself doesnt make him a pokemon master. Another example would be naruto who did have a goal with a determined way that's becoming hokage the problem here its that the guy already did it and to the public he always seemed on his way to complete his goal while ash not to most people he seemed to regress (this said by someone who only just started to watch more the anime after the alola league) so its not really strange for people to want to conmemorate a part of his childhood preogressing (kinda)
If anything Goku and Naruto have been through worse. Pokemon battles are really just sports competitions like the olympics. There’s not much at stake here.