• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

He's Born! The Alolan League Winner! (1082)

UnovaMaster

E_VgdweXoAgB_nR

E_VgdqxWQAInWoF

E_Vgdq2XEAMLs8P

E_VgdqyWEA8-mJu

E_Vgy6OXMAQhFz9

E_Vgy6LWEAEMlpu

Awe-Inspiring in Alola! and then Ash wins.

Gifted in Galar! and then Ash wins.

@Panky and you thought I hated Ash

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Welp my #WorldAshKetchumDay thread contents were moved here but without the original post so....the conversation here doesn't really make sense anymore lol
Anyway seeing the above comment and just the general attitude of the forums I've given up, sh.it on it all you want that's all y'all will ever do
Would just like to point out I'm happy #WorldAshKetchumDay trended on Twitter, celebrating Ash's two year league victory and Sarah, the current VA of Ash also tweeted about it too <3

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
More like Autistic in Alola and Gay in Galar :>
bro bro bro please try to c h i l l

would you like me to supply you with some relaxing ambient music because the edge is strong with this post

Jers745

I dont know :p
If anything Goku and Naruto have been through worse. Pokemon battles are really just sports competitions like the olympics. There’s not much at stake here.
Not sure if anything that guy enjoys dying and fighting for his life, he made his life that way, meanwhile i dont think ash made it that way

Morax

King of heroes
Not sure if anything that guy enjoys dying and fighting for his life, he made his life that way, meanwhile i dont think ash made it that way
wth? Goku doesn’t “enjoy” dying. He has been put into situations that require him to risk his life( like teleporting cell to king kai’s planet ), and he does it without hesitation which is a pretty noble quality and makes him endearing. Ash hasn’t experienced a dime of what goku went through.

Jers745

wth? Goku doesn’t “enjoy” dying. He has been put into situations that require him to risk his life( like teleporting cell to king kai’s planet ), and he does it without hesitation which is a pretty noble quality and makes him endearing. Ash hasn’t experienced a dime of what goku went through.
That same guy goes to the afterlife just to train, yeah i know he sacrificed himself to save earth but what's his excuse now he literally dissapears for months if not years, he almost put earth on danger when freezer came back just because he was training. And most of the time goku doesn't fight because there's danger to earth he fights because its exciting for him the same toriyama has said that he's no hero and even vegeta by the end of db says that his power doesn't come from wanting to protect and that he's a guy that just wants to get stronger and enjoys fighting

Morax

King of heroes
That same guy goes to the afterlife just to train, yeah i know he sacrificed himself to save earth but what's his excuse now he literally dissapears for months if not years, he almost put earth on danger when freezer came back just because he was training. And most of the time goku doesn't fight because there's danger to earth he fights because its exciting for him the same toriyama has said that he's no hero and even vegeta by the end of db says that his power doesn't come from wanting to protect and that he's a guy that just wants to get stronger and enjoys fighting
I’m surprised you don’t like that quality of his. It’s a different take on the selfess/altruistic hero archetype that Ash or Naruto fall into. Yeah Goku is selfish, we have known this since the saiyan saga but that doesn’t mean his action don’t save lives. He literally said he was departing for earth after he sensed freezer’s ki but trunks arrived first. He’s not a family man, but neither is ash.

Anyways why are we talking about Goku’s personality? Wasn’t this argument about who has been through worse and still persevere? It’s obviously him. If you can’t provide any evidence on ash then i’m done here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jers745

I’m surprised you don’t like that quality of his. It’s a different take on the selfess/altruistic hero archetype that Ash or Naruto fall into. Yeah Goku is selfish, we have known this since the saiyan saga but that doesn’t mean his action don’t save lives. He literally said he was departing for earth after he sensed freezer’s ki but trunks arrived first. He’s not a family man, but neither is ash.

Anyways why are we talking about Goku’s personality? Wasn’t this argument about who has been through worse and still persevere? It’s obviously him. If you can’t provide any evidence on ash then i’m done here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
How so i love goku he's literally my childhood in one character but that doesn't mean i can't see his faults and his original personality, eitherway, i dont know i feel both had it rough y'know while goku has died its not like its irreversible and the only real lose he's had was his granpa, and archivement wise its not like he hasnt come out of his battles mostly victorius on the other side while ash has not lossed anyone important to him (dead) he has lost most of his battles regarding his dream, **** didn't he have not so long ago the "Never win a league" joke that for someone that at the begining nobody believed in him, not even his first friends ffs even the proffesor doubt he would do something important, thats not something goku had to pass through he always had friends that believed in him, he almost never has been overpowered and left dissapointing anyone (and even when he's been he always obtains a power up) but anyway i'm already bored of disscusing about if there's a necessity of a day for a fictional character

Morax

King of heroes
while ash has not lossed anyone important to him (dead) he has lost most of his battles regarding his dream
See the thing is, Ash’s battles are only just sports. It’s a friendly game with nothing at stake. While Goku is constantly fighting bad guys who threaten to destroy Earth. Ash’s struggles are honestly blown out of proportion by it’s fanbase which is why i can’t take this character seriously.

>for someone that at the begining nobody believed in him, not even his first friends ffs even the proffesor doubt he would do something important
Pretty sure that never happened. Ash’s friends have always believed in him lol. He was never an underdog like naruto.

Last edited:

Jers745

See the thing is, Ash’s battles are only just sports. It’s a friendly game with nothing at stake. While Goku is constantly fighting bad guys who threaten to destroy Earth. Ash’s struggles are honestly blown out of proportion by it’s fanbase which is why i can’t take this character seriously.

>for someone that at the begining nobody believed in him, not even his first friends ffs even the proffesor doubt he would do something important
Pretty sure that never happened. Ash’s friends have always believed in him lol. He was never an underdog like naruto.
Nah men most of goku's problems arent even serious, they can always change things with the help of gods, zenkais, db, etc. And aren't you underestimating sports that basically include fighting against gods that created earth, time, space and the universe.
And most of the time in kanto misty nor brock believed in him it was only after the end of the league that people changed their views about him, obiously not at the point of naruto because well he didnt have a moster inside that could destroy everything if it got out

Morax

King of heroes
Nah men most of goku's problems arent even serious, they can always change things with the help of gods, zenkais, db, etc
>threatens to destroy earth
>not serious
I hope you’re joking. The fact that goku manages to stop them doesn’t mean the threat never existed. Buu destroying entire galaxies for example. And it’s not like goku manages to come out unscathed. The battle against vegeta left him hospitalized for a while.

And aren't you underestimating sports that basically include fighting against gods that created earth, time, space and the universe
none of those pokemon have ever been used in a league? I can’t believe we are having this conversation. Pokemon battles have never killed anybody nor do they cause any destruction of property. It’s as safe as playing chess.

And most of the time in kanto misty nor brock believed in him it was only after the end of the league that people changed their views about him
They always believed in him. Where are you pulling this from?