• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

He's Born! The Alolan League Winner! (1082)

Finally, after long 22 years of wait, Ash can done it, he was won! Dusk doggo you absolute beauty!!!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyy...
So good that Ash has won a league that technicaly was created for him.
But do you know what could be much better?
If it could be a league that Ash COULD DESERVE and not just simply getting.

Sincerely, I can't happy for this league victory. It is like the Orange League, if not worse.
The opponents and majority of the battles were lame, no full battles, Ash technicaly lost against Hau by count out, no real or at least well developed rivals, too much gag battles....
And this Ash is supposed to be stronger than any of the previous ones? This league is supposed to be on the same level as the previous ones? The "rivals" and other contestants are supposed to be more powerfull than the previous ones?

I don't mind he is winning this "child league", but I hope people won't take this league as serious as the previous ones, because face it: even Cameron could win this league.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Comparing this thread to Kalos League victory is thread is really crazy. I remember that thread being like 10 pages long before episode even started.
Episode was good: Zoroark vs Pikachu > Lycanroc battle. Lycanroc battle was OK, I dislike how DL didn't faint after all those Counter but I remember this is anime after all and it was such Ash way to finish it: counter the counter LMAO. This final battle(for Ash) is only better than Ash vs Ritchie and probably Ash vs Cameron. Ash vs Alain still stays as the best Finale battle in Pokemon.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I have to admit, I was heart pounding whenever I saw Dusk Lycanroc get beaten down again and again. Even though I know he'll win, the fact they keep taunting and trolling us with possible chokes, like Midnight Lycanroc using Counter or breaking out of Confusion.

And thus it was sastifying that Dusk Lycanroc Counter with Counter.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
This final battle(for Ash) is only better than Ash vs Ritchie and probably Ash vs Cameron. Ash vs Alain still stays as the best Finale battle in Pokemon.

The talk about the writer of this episode before airing: "Junichi Fujisaku usually has Ash winning, but in absurd ways."

Dusk tanking all those hits only to reflect back a Counter played right to the scouting report.

VoltTacklingPika

When the dust settles, we can discuss how the moment wasn't quite as epic as it could have been. For the time being, though, I'm surprised they actually let Ash win. I was expecting some twist or troll to ensure he lost.

Counter the Counter. I mean, like, you can't do that but at the same time it's the most Ash thing ever, so it's weirdly the most appropriate finale? Better than a Z-Move, I think. That would have been too cheesy.

The final fight itself was about as good as it could have been with two of the same Pokemon with similar move-sets facing each other. Narrative-wise, it made sense to end with that clash. Rockruff started its journey against Gladion's Lycanroc and ended it against Gladion's Lycanroc. Seems appropriate.

Ash's disbelief that he actually won was funny.

It's a weird feeling, though, because clearly this wasn't meant to be the finale and there's more to come. Hopefully the Kukui fight is a true crowning moment for Ash.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
I was salty Ash didn't win in Kalos, but I'm glad he got his well-deserved victory here.

This was a good final battle. Wished it was a little flashier, but I'm glad with the result either way. Ash had the stunned 'Did I just do it?' reaction I expected and ended up loving. Now we'll have to wait and see what he'll do with the others about the two Guzzlords that just showed up.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyy...
So good that Ash has won a league that technicaly was created for him.
But do you know what could be much better?
If it could be a league that Ash COULD DESERVE and not just simply getting.

Sincerely, I can't happy for this league victory. It is like the Orange League, if not worse.
The opponents and majority of the battles were lame, no full battles, Ash technicaly lost against Hau by count out, no real or at least well developed rivals, too much gag battles....
And this Ash is supposed to be stronger than any of the previous ones? This league is supposed to be on the same level as the previous ones? The "rivals" and other contestants are supposed to be more powerfull than the previous ones?

I don't mind he is winning this "child league", but I hope people won't take this league as serious as the previous ones, because face it: even Cameron could win this league.
I understand about this league not being as prestigious, but even though there were a few plot devices Ash is still strong enough to win this league
He reached the semi finas and finals of way more difficult leagues, I think he losing there would be pretty frustrating anyway

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
When the dust settles, we can discuss how the moment wasn't quite as epic as it could have been. For the time being, though, I'm surprised they actually let Ash win. I was expecting some twist or troll to ensure he lost.

Counter the Counter. I mean, like, you can't do that but at the same time it's the most Ash thing ever, so it's weirdly the most appropriate finale? Better than a Z-Move, I think. That would have been too cheesy.

The final fight itself was about as good as it could have been with two of the same Pokemon with similar move-sets facing each other. Narrative-wise, it made sense to end with that clash. Rockruff started its journey against Gladion's Lycanroc and ended it against Gladion's Lycanroc. Seems appropriate.

Ash's disbelief that he actually won was funny.

It's a weird feeling, though, because clearly this wasn't meant to be the finale and there's more to come. Hopefully the Kukui fight is a true crowning moment for Ash.

It was looking like Midnight would KO itself in confusion, which would have been hilariously trollish on the level of that Rowlet fakeout.

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
I remember being heartbroken as a kid seeing Ash lose the Indigo League in a way that felt so unfair.

Getting back into this show as an adult with Sun and Moon, I never would have imagined they'd actually let him win after all this time. It may not have been quite the league win that everyone wanted, but it was filled with characters and pokemon we knew and loved, and seeing Ash finally get the win at the end of a region means a lot.

Good work, Ash.