• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

He's Born! The Alolan League Winner! (1082)

Ultra Beast Lover

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
As I said only this fanbase would be salty at Ash actually winning.

It happens with sports teams all the time, whenever a team wins something big some people always come out and said the previous teams were much better and the opposition was much stronger and try to malign the current generation.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
you say that like it's unreasonable that some persons are salty, surely you can see why people can be upset about this especially with the "ash last season thing" going around these days i bet if this were sinnoh or kalos nearly nobody would be "salty"

There may have been some salt in Sinnoh.

Ash wasn't the strongest trainer in Sinnoh so it wouldn't have felt right for him to win. He was beaten by Palmer, Flint, and Bertha. Even if he cleared the Pokemon League, he'd instantly lose to the Elite Four, and people would still be salty.

I still, to this day, don't understand why people are angry about Tobias, when if you watched Sinnoh and saw those losses you knew Ash wasn't ready. At least with Tobias, Ash's Pokemon got cool moments to KO legendaries instead of seeing Pikachu/Infernape flail against Flint again.

For Kalos, since Alain had beaten Malva, it's reasonable to think Ash had a shot at clearing the Kalos Elite Four. So Alain beating Ash rather soundly showed that he wasn't any better than in Sinnoh. People would have been upset if Ash beat Alain but lost to Malva, when Alain had beaten Malva.

Alola Ash isn't the strongest trainer in the region, nor does he have the strongest Pokemon. But he proved he's the best in his peer group and depending on how well he does against Masked Royal, we'll get a real look into how strong he really is.

DatsRight

ASH WON! ASH WON! ASH WON!

On one hand I do kind of agree with others that, while it was a good battle, and shows Fujisaku can do an intense match, it wasn't quite intense and drawn out enough to pass as Ash's big win (would have liked to see Ash's full team in use at least), on the other hand, it's great to see him finally win and I feel that, while SM maybe isn't the best choice for it battle wise, it is the best character wise, this is the series I could really support all the characters involved.

The Stone Edge by Midnight came off as spammy but makes sense when it shows it wasn't the primary attack, just a blockade to always catch Dusk off guard. Counter the Counter however, I'm not sure if that's Ash's usual eccentricity or mere plot armour.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
On a second thought, spare some praise/plaudits for this Pokemon who did his job and stood up in the most crucial fight of the battle, the Pokemon who delivered the joyful moment of amazing historical, landmark & massive significance of Ash winning a Pokemon League:

ce26513923d3135f9a911037ba8362a7.jpg

Doggo only got one battle in the League, had to face the pressure of fighting the most crucial battle of the League and he delivered, making history.

All hail Dusk Lycanroc!!! Very few would've expected you to be the Pokemon to deliver the moment of Ash winning a League even a month ago.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Dusk (and Pikachu) are underrated. So many people, myself included, were fearful Dusk would fail like Charizard and Greninja did before him. It's great that he came through in the clutch.

And we forget that Pikachu hasn't won a Pokemon League either, despite participating in every single one and getting KO'd in almost every match. He's as much a Champion as Ash, and he deserves all the accolades.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
There may have been some salt in Sinnoh.

Ash wasn't the strongest trainer in Sinnoh so it wouldn't have felt right for him to win. He was beaten by Palmer, Flint, and Bertha. Even if he cleared the Pokemon League, he'd instantly lose to the Elite Four, and people would still be salty.

I still, to this day, don't understand why people are angry about Tobias, when if you watched Sinnoh and saw those losses you knew Ash wasn't ready. At least with Tobias, Ash's Pokemon got cool moments to KO legendaries instead of seeing Pikachu/Infernape flail against Flint again.

For Kalos, since Alain had beaten Malva, it's reasonable to think Ash had a shot at clearing the Kalos Elite Four. So Alain beating Ash rather soundly showed that he wasn't any better than in Sinnoh. People would have been upset if Ash beat Alain but lost to Malva, when Alain had beaten Malva.

Alola Ash isn't the strongest trainer in the region, nor does he have the strongest Pokemon. But he proved he's the best in his peer group and depending on how well he does against Masked Royal, we'll get a real look into how strong he really is.
IF he battles against The Masked Royal. Trust me, I’m sure this would be the match Ash loses, but it all depends on whether or not they continue the league after taking down Guzzlord. Based on the preview & title descriptions, it seems like the league will end with Ash’s victory.

p96822

Evolve me please
Lycanroc in fact seems quite fitting given Matsumoto's love for dogs.

I find myself rooting for Dusk way more than Greninja and many other aces as well since Dusk always kept a personality, even if its character development wasn't traced as epically as those (though that also meant it wasn't an insufferable spotlight stealer).

Would you please stop saying that Greninja not having any personalities! At least Greninja had to struggle to get where he was,

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Lycanroc in fact seems quite fitting given Matsumoto's love for dogs.

I find myself rooting for Dusk way more than Greninja and many other aces as well since Dusk always kept a personality, even if its character development wasn't traced as epically as those (though that also meant it wasn't an insufferable spotlight stealer).
Well, being a serious battler was Greninja’s personality, even as a Froakie it wanted to get stronger. But yeah, Lycanroc did have more character & personality than most of Ash’s fully evolved Pokémon, who mostly become blank powerhouses with little-to-no character.

DatsRight

Well, being a serious battler was Greninja’s personality, even as a Froakie it wanted to get stronger. But yeah, Lycanroc did have more character & personality than most of Ash’s fully evolved Pokémon, who mostly become blank powerhouses with little-to-no character.

I think its more that after evolving Greninja and the other aces are usually demoted to satellite characters, so that serious battle enthusiastic element of their personality is usually ALL they get to show anymore. Lycanroc meanwhile, due to SM's animation short cuts, was able to be put in many scenes and interact with every one, remaining 'one of the guys' and keeping a more rounded personality I guess. Even then, even with animation segregation on their side, I don't really see the likes of Greninja, Sceptile and Infernape doing antics with Pikachu like Lycanroc did. That dog just has no mystique. :p

p96822

Evolve me please

Ash’s Greninja has just as much personality like Lycanroc. Greninja is selfless, he is caring for other, he’s serious, he can feel disappointed when loses a battle. Lycanroc is more expressive then Greninja and not because of it’s personality

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I'd have preferred Pikachu to win, but that was an amazing final blow. Revealing he had Counter of his own the whole time and turning Gladion's main strategy against him. And at least Pikachu did a lot of work.

Ultra Beast Lover

It's kind of a code of the aces I guess, you must be super stoic all the time you can show heartbreak and the like but you have to be stoic, since Lycanroc wasn't on a journey he didn't need to be serious. Since he got Ash his league victory I'd imagine Bulbasaur will put him on Bayleef duty.

DatsRight

I'd have preferred Pikachu to win, but that was an amazing final blow. Revealing he had Counter of his own the whole time and turning Gladion's main strategy against him. And at least Pikachu did a lot of work.

I admit to feeling bad for Pikachu with that shot of him slumped and miserable as Ash sent out Lycanroc. He looked like he really wanted to win this one.

Still him sniffing the trophy for authenticity at the end was cute.