• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

He's Born! The Alolan League Winner! (1082)

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I can’t help but feel a little bit bad that Gladion lost the league however considering he’s the first truly developed rival to actually make it to the finals (Hau can go somewhere, never was a fan) but the fact Ash barely beat him was foreshadowing this. Glad they didn’t decide to pull a Dawn-Zoey.

Red and Blue

One thing I like is that, while Lycanroc got the honour of giving Ash his victory, it is kept kinda fleeting. Lycanroc was not hyped and boosted over everyone else this series. The league did actually try to have all of Ash's team pull their weight. Torracat is the only one who didn't outright win a round, though he still was the MVP and game changer for the Guzma battle.
The fact that his entire team pulled their weight is all the more reason they deserve a shot at Kukui in the exhibition match

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
The fact that people born the year Ash started his journey would now be 20 years old (which means they finished elementary school, middle school, high school and possibly college with a well off job and he’s just NOW winning a league is mind boggling.
Not even just people who were born the year Ash started, I was born in late 1999(almost in G/S) and I'm really in college

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Not even just people who were born the year Ash started, I was born in late 1999(almost in G/S) and I'm really in college
Oh yeah I meant anyone born within that time frame. Crazy to think he won a league when that generation reached ADULTHOOD xD

"Ash didn't deserve to win the league because his team is weak"
"This league is weak"
One or the another. I respect but can't understand both together.

That said, I liked the episode and how Ash finally won a league, even if it is less prestigious than the past ones. Still better than the sleep fest of the Ritchie battle and the absolute disrespect that Ash vs Cameron was.
I think the salt from most people is because he didn't win in Kalos where he was in his peak(and he really was). And I REALLY agree he should've won in XYZ before Alola, and not only because of Ash's peak, but with all the hype thrown at us that turned out to be pure bait.
This time, the foreshadowing and the hype(even if significantly lower) delivered. And well, at least it gives Alola some special moment to the ones who didn't liked the style of the region's anime.

And I'm happy Ash finally won after all! Woke up early to see it even.

And Ash managed to win both...

What if I said Ash didn’t deserve to win this “ league” because it was weak?

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Personally, I like the Alola League better than the Unova & Kalos leagues since we actually got to see the tournament all the way through (or at least mostly anyway). I’ll admit that Kalos had the most intense & action-packed battle’s (with Hoenn & Sinnoh coming in a close second), but the one thing about league/tournament arcs is watching all of the matches that lead up to the big finale. Even if the battles are lackluster, I find it more fun to see the various matchups and seeing how much the characters have developed up to that point.

The biggest problem with Unova & Kalos (aside from Cameron) is how much they rushed through most of the battles, with Kalos only really showing one preliminary battle before Ash’s matches with Sawyer & Alain this is personally why I liked the Battle
Club & Clubsplosion tournaments in BW more than the Unova League since they actually had better build up.

Similarly, the Alola League felt more like a Pokémon League tournament since we saw all of the matches. Even if it had it’s crappy moments, each match showed off the best of all the competitors & felt like a swan song for most of the losers.
For me Unova league edges is out because Unova didn't have any meh or bad battles because Alola league had almost all Top 16 battles and some Top 8( Ash vs Hau, James vs Gladion)were/are all meh and bad. Kalos league Ash vs Alain and Ash vs Sawyer which were great are easily above entire Alola league, plus add Sawyer vs Tierno(which was good) and MCX vs MCY(which was Ok)

For me Unova leagues edges is out because Unova didn't have any meh or bad battles because Alola league Top 16 battles and some Top 8( Ash vs Hau, James vs Gladion were all meh and bad). Kalos league Ash vs Alain and Ash vs Sawyer which were great are easily above entire Alola league, plus add Sawyer vs Tierno(which was good) and MCX vs MCY(which was Ok)

Ash vs Stephan was really good from what I can remember

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
What if I said Ash didn’t deserve to win this “ league” because it was weak?
That's both together, so that's what I don't understand
Ash's team wasn't strong but saying he didn't deserve to win because of that feels like the league is in a higher level(and it wasn't)
If people mean Alola didn't deserve to be Ash's first league win, I understand and maybe even agree

That's both together, so that's what I don't understand
Ash's team wasn't strong but saying he didn't deserve to win because of that feels like the league is in a higher level(and it wasn't)
If people mean Alola didn't deserve to be Ash's first league win, I understand and maybe even agree

Ash’s team wasn’t strong, but comparatively, many of the participants’ teams were worse, much worse

The last part of your post is the crux of it

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
How appropriated.... Today the closest shopping mall hosted the City council's day of donating dogs

(cats too but they don't matter)

But no, I didn't get one. I kind of didn't get really over my dobberman's death despite it happening years ago....

I swear, every time Dusk was down, I'd start panicking that the leak was a troll move.

Same here. That's what kept me on the edge of my seat.

Well...he did it . Who'd guess? Pikachu vs zoroark was nice and was actually a good thought use a normal z-move against a ghost one, when you think about that. I don't know if Ash was playing smart and avoiding use counter until the best chance comes, but if he was, good move. Just wished the finisher was better animated.

Congratulations, Ash. Let's hope guzzlord or melmetal doesn't eat that trophy.

Completly forgot Gladion used a ghost-type Z-move. Thought it was dark-type. The poses are kind of similar specially with the anime trying to hide those awkward poses by changing the focus of the camera.

2e568185edf8ccee0a76965abcfe7e77.png

EEga9JXWwAAt6kN

Hire me anime writers, we're clearly on the same wavelength, already! :V

Good prediction, man.

Now, tell me the numbers of the lotto!

I like that Masuda congratulates Ash on Twitter

Did someone remind him Ash doesn't really exist? :p

The fact that people born the year Ash started his journey would now be 20 years old (which means they finished elementary school, middle school, high school and possibly college with a well off job and he’s just NOW winning a league is mind boggling.

I'm one of those who finished college (and a MBA).

saki888

One thing about lycanroc is it is a tank. It took Midnight's attacks like it nothing. a lot of potential later on

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Well, the mad lad has finally done it, after 22 years, Vera won the title. Though I will say that I liked that Veronica Taylor and Junichi Masuda took to Twitter to congratulate him.

Onto the episode itself. I for one am interested in seeing what trashy insert song the dub will use for the flashback. Props to Gladion for debuting the Ghost Z move though, but it was initially baffling for Ash to counter it with Breakneck Blitz. The Lycanroc brawl was tense and could've gone either way.
Meanwhile, I suppose Bewear finally got sick of being stalled by a mech and does its unrealistic shtick

But hey, if it's any consolation to Ash, whilst he has finally won a league, we mustn't forget Luffy has yet to find One Piece, and both series began in 1997.
No that's The One Piece
Which has yet to be found.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Now, I'm impressed how the battle was tense and wasn't at the same time
Ash and Gladion literally laughed during the battle, but the battle between Lycanrocs was brutal
The strong two blows Dusk took near the end and how he fell to the floor made me believe the trophy scene was a troll, something I didn't consider even once before the episode. If I wasn't spoiled, I would think Ash would lose there.