• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

He's Born! The Alolan League Winner! (1082)

ballinamon

I mean look at that
aAqDY5D.png

You can even imagine Dusk with swirly eyes right after this frame
Damn, the tension was such that I felt that punch in my face.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I’m not sure to be honest. I have no idea if Amour is ever going to be brought up again in life but I assume she’d blush and congratulate him and probably inspire to be better in Contests or becoming the next Kalos Queen (I’m honestly still confused on what her overall objective it) but I’d imagine it would be those scenarios if not more with an Amour scene.

Iris is the voice of the fans.
I imagine Serena being moved of seeing Ash in a monitor while she's training in Hoenn with her new companion, a fighting girl, while the latter without knowing Ash at all said "Ohh...so that's how this Ash looked like, just like my twin brother, battle obsessed.".

Last edited:

Xuxuba

Now, for the battle, it started out good with Pikachu vs Zoroark, the Z-move Gladion used was really interesting. But then it went downhill fast when both Lycanroc started fighting. That cringy laugh, the Stone Edge spam, that moment when Gladion's Lycanroc bites it's paw and everyone looks so serious meanwhile i am just standing here laughing at how ridiculous and overexaggerated their reactions were lmao

Overall, i would rate it 6.5/10.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Besides, we all know Ash is going to lose to the Masked Royal if they continue the league after stopping Guzzlord anyway.

The twist is we don't.

This entire series, from the moment the art style was revealed, has been about breaking the traditions and formula of the Pokemon anime. Pokemon has been a slave to that formula and those traditions were why the series had stagnated and become predictable.

Now that the most notorious of those traditions have been broken, I can confidently say the future is a blank slate for the first time since the OS. The writers can finally take us to parts unknown and let stories resolve naturally and not because of "executives".

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
The twist is we don't.

This entire series, from the moment the art style was revealed, has been about breaking the traditions and formula of the Pokemon anime. Pokemon has been a slave to that formula and those traditions were why the series had stagnated and become predictable.

Now that the most notorious of those traditions have been broken, I can confidently say the future is a blank slate for the first time since the OS. The writers can finally take us to parts unknown and let stories resolve naturally and not because of "executives".
That could definitely be good or bad as it depends executives

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
My main criticism is mostly about how he stole the spotlights compared to the companions/classmates while they only have one series to shine, than how he's an "eternal loser", in which isn't true because he did win the Orange League & Battle Frontier ones. So I would most likely disappointed if he appears again in the next series, still hogging the spotlights by a huge margin, even though we don't know much about the new series until a few weeks later at this time of writing.

Ash is the main character and our guide to the world of Pokemon. Of course he'd get most of the screen time...but that actually isn't 100% true, since he had a team of new Pokemon who also share appearances with him. Even though Ash and Pikachu are always there, the two get less focus than a conventional anime duo, as they're always part of a larger team within the cast.

This is especially apparent in Sun & Moon which had built up an entire cast and their Pokemon. The "third wheel" male lead, Sophocles, had as much development as Iris. And unlike Iris, he's tangibly closer to his goal. Ash has been the catalyst for a lot of SM's movement, but he's arguably been in the background more than ever before.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Ooof these SM vs XY fan fights are so damn obnoxious on both sides. Do we really gotta go through this every saga people :/

Anyway SO HAPPY my boy Ash won. Yes I wish the circumstances and atmosphere were different and the battles were a little more intense and tightly written but it represented what SM does best rather than trying to cater to the overall grandure of Ash winning his first League. I enjoyed Doggo fight a fair 6/10 match. But yeah I still can't believe I lived to have seen this myself, thank you SM for giving us this, it makes me unbelievably happy.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Okay having watched the episode my thoughts are.... Sun and Moon did a lot of things wrong but what they have done is once again made Ash interesting. I don’t like how the series shafted everyone not named Lillie, Gladion or Ash but I can’t ignore the characterization they gave him. Seeing the shocked looked on his face from winning really did it for me; to the point where I was almost jumping up and down at work from the parts I saw. It really shows that dreams do come true. Granted it took almost my entire life to see Ash win a league, seeing him grind region after region and becoming champion finally is kinda inspiring in a weird way. I also liked how Sun and Moon gave happy endings to the original trio and tied their stories. Misty went from dreading to being a Gym leader to re-designing the Gym and mastering Mega’s, Brock is becoming a better doctor and now Ash won a league. They really deserve their happy endings.

Side note: I wouldn’t of been mad if Gladion won considering his drive and motivations and he would of been an actual fully developed dream crusher from the start but color me surprised when I found out Ash is the dream crusher this time. The anime actually followed the games.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Overall, I thought that the battle between Satoshi and Gladio was handled well. I had no major gripes about the battle other than the fact that I wasn't enthralled with Midnight Lugarugan versus Dusk Lugarugan being the final battle of the match, but that was a small complaint in the long run. I thought that Satoshi's victory was a surreal moment since I'm still a little surprised that it happened, but there was also a strange hollow feeling to his victory since seeing him get the winner's trophy prior to Akuziking's arrival didn't feel as special as I thought it would.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I'm surprised they didn't show any scenes on how Ash's other friends and his pokemon took the news (you doesn't need all their voice actors, just show scenes is enough). Looks like a thing it deserves some more recognition.

They should've showed Ash's past companions reacting to him winning on television or something like that...

Since Delia had Mimey record the entire battle I think she'll upload it to whatever is the Pokémon universe equivalent of Youtube where all his past companions we see or send to them all personally.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I’m not sure to be honest. I have no idea if Amour is ever going to be brought up again in life but I assume she’d blush and congratulate him and probably inspire to be better in Contests or becoming the next Kalos Queen (I’m honestly still confused on what her overall objective it) but I’d imagine it would be those scenarios if not more with an Amour scene.

It's what she's said in the last XYZ episode. Her main objective is Ash.

DatsRight

Ash is the main character and our guide to the world of Pokemon. Of course he'd get most of the screen time...but that actually isn't 100% true, since he had a team of new Pokemon who also share appearances with him. Even though Ash and Pikachu are always there, the two get less focus than a conventional anime duo, as they're always part of a larger team within the cast.

This is especially apparent in Sun & Moon which had built up an entire cast and their Pokemon. The "third wheel" male lead, Sophocles, had as much development as Iris. And unlike Iris, he's tangibly closer to his goal. Ash has been the catalyst for a lot of SM's movement, but he's arguably been in the background more than ever before.

I kinda wonder if that's what they're going for and to show even with Ash making all these breakthroughs, the show isn't revolved around that grandeur. The league has been as much about setting up the companions' development (and even some supporting characters) as much as it has Ash.

I don't buy we've seen the last of Ash but SM and the hints we have about Galar so far would imply maybe the writers are thinking of giving the supporting cast more limelight and maybe making things more of an ensemble setup. To show the series isn't reaching its end just because Ash is making big steps. He's a key cog in the machine, but he's still only one of many.