• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

He's Born! The Alolan League Winner! (1082)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
So I’m not allowed to hate something. Jesus Christ.
Yeah what you are doing is next levels of toxicity, being angry something is liked so much you constantly try to rain down its parade and spam it everywhere because no one else should be allowed to like it. Who the hell comes to a fandom's special day event to just hate on what the fandom likes, youre toxic. Get out
Don’t mind that bully
She is always spreading hate and doesn’t like hearing other ppl’s opinions

For this topic, I would rate this episode 1/10
It got a point for making me fall asleep
Why dont you actually grow the balls to confront me once though lmao, its funny how you're like a 5 year old who likes to get a 'gotcha' moment by misgendering someone as a girl to try and insult them, you are such a joke

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This episode was a great capstone to a good league. It was about time for Ash to win, and they picked the perfect region to do it.

My biggest complaint with this league arc was that they didn’t bring back any of Ash’s previous companions to watch his victory. That’s the only thing I would fix. (And did…fanfic link in signature)
I'd fix it with Lillie becoming the dream crusher in this series, but that's just me I guess :cool:

Alolan Glaceon

Glaceon master
Probably a lot of people hate me for what I write, but I love Alola and her league. I know it has a lot of disadvantages, however, it was the first pokemon league in the entire history of the region. It is not known how it was from Kanto to Kalos in the beginning, maybe they were fighting 1v1 or otherwise. Remember that in Kanto, when Charizard went to sleep he dropped out of the slot machine, although I know that it was also the first league in the anime itself. What did I like? Climate and atmosphere again, I love how Battle Royale showed, you know you're strong, you win, it was nice to see side characters that were only background or appeared in just a few episodes. Yes, 16 was not very strong, but almost the strongest in Alola itself. The "champion of the region" himself was waiting for the winner of the final, which was good then. They showed the whole elimination and fights which I thought were fun. Also, the relationships between pokemons and bravery have not been forgotten. Guzma showed that he is not afraid of either Mega Evolution or Z Attack, which was good. Like the fights themselves, maybe they weren't as spectacular as in Kalos, nor very exciting as in Sinnoh or Johto, but they had their charm. When there was a fight between Ash and Gladion, I honestly did not believe that he would win. I even thought he would lose as usual. The Kalos finale disappointed me so much then that I thought I would quit this series, I even criticized Alola heavily when she came out, but with time I changed my mind and it became my favorite region right after Kanto and Kalos. I understand that you may not like Alola and criticize it constantly when you get the opportunity, and I often see posts that offend Alola and girls with MS as if they were meaningless characters, a bit sad but well, I do not go into the opinions of others. My only regret is that we didn't get to know Selene, I would love to see her.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Probably a lot of people hate me for what I write, but I love Alola and her league. I know it has a lot of disadvantages, however, it was the first pokemon league in the entire history of the region. It is not known how it was from Kanto to Kalos in the beginning, maybe they were fighting 1v1 or otherwise. Remember that in Kanto, when Charizard went to sleep he dropped out of the slot machine, although I know that it was also the first league in the anime itself. What did I like? Climate and atmosphere again, I love how Battle Royale showed, you know you're strong, you win, it was nice to see side characters that were only background or appeared in just a few episodes. Yes, 16 was not very strong, but almost the strongest in Alola itself. The "champion of the region" himself was waiting for the winner of the final, which was good then. They showed the whole elimination and fights which I thought were fun. Also, the relationships between pokemons and bravery have not been forgotten. Guzma showed that he is not afraid of either Mega Evolution or Z Attack, which was good. Like the fights themselves, maybe they weren't as spectacular as in Kalos, nor very exciting as in Sinnoh or Johto, but they had their charm. When there was a fight between Ash and Gladion, I honestly did not believe that he would win. I even thought he would lose as usual. The Kalos finale disappointed me so much then that I thought I would quit this series, I even criticized Alola heavily when she came out, but with time I changed my mind and it became my favorite region right after Kanto and Kalos. I understand that you may not like Alola and criticize it constantly when you get the opportunity, and I often see posts that offend Alola and girls with MS as if they were meaningless characters, a bit sad but well, I do not go into the opinions of others. My only regret is that we didn't get to know Selene, I would love to see her.
Dont worry about it, there are pretty much only 2 trolls here when it comes to SM, it is much more loved than it used to be hated and even if people disagree with you, you wont be hated. Just ignore those 2 trolls and feel free to share your opinions and love for this series<3

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Why would I hate you?
Yes I disagree and I really don’t like sm anime
But I don’t have any problem with other ppl having different opinions lol
Everyone is entitled to have their own opinions

Alolan Glaceon

Glaceon master
Dont worry about it, there are pretty much only 2 trolls here when it comes to SM, it is much more loved than it used to be hated and even if people disagree with you, you wont be hated. Just ignore those 2 trolls and feel free to share your opinions and love for this series<3
Thank you for the kind words. I usually like to share opinions with others, but I don't often come across aggressive opinions. I don't like the current series, nor the BW series, but when it comes to manga it's a completely different pair of wellies
Why would I hate you?
Yes I disagree and I really don’t like sm anime
But I don’t have any problem with other ppl having different opinions lol
Everyone is entitled to have their own opinions
Of course, but I know what people are like and can't respect someone else's opinion. I know you can hate Sun x Moon and I understand that, I don't like some genres or anime series myself. However, if you come across a fanatic of a given generation, it's not an exchange, unfortunately

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Thank you for the kind words. I usually like to share opinions with others, but I don't often come across aggressive opinions. I don't like the current series, nor the BW series, but when it comes to manga it's a completely different pair of wellies

Of course, but I know what people are like and can't respect someone else's opinion. I know you can hate Sun x Moon and I understand that, I don't like some genres or anime series myself. However, if you come across a fanatic of a given generation, it's not an exchange, unfortunately
I respect your opinion and u can always express your Pokemon opinions
Every is entitled to have their own opinions:)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Rewatched this battle in the morning and I absolutely love how vibrant it feels!! I miss that SM touch
Ash and Gladion laughing in between the match will always pull at my heart strings, they wrote this perfectly!!

Sham

The Guardian of War
Wow this battle was amazing. I forgot how much I liked Gladion as a rival.

• The Silvally vs Melmetal part was a bit meh considering Ash was just spamming Double Iron Brash but Gladion tactically finding out that Melmetal does a lot of movements between actually using the move made it worth it I suppose.
  • I love Rowlet waking up to Melmetal's evolution and just being like "wtf did I just miss" and then cutely squeezing into his new spot.
  • I freaking forgot they actually composed Gladion's theme wtf, man I wish they did that more often but at least Gladion got his game theme and it sounded amazing might I add. All the music here boped. I love how BW's OTS can't escape these leagues.
  • The bit of them laughing and just having fun as children during an important was kino as heck. It's kinda an on going joke in the games that Gladion is a grouch so having Ash make him laughing and even shocking Lusamine was great
  • Nice suspense about Zoroark's entrance and ability. Ash was most likely expecting Counter or Stone Edge and instead he use that opportunity to sneak in a Dark Pulse.
  • Even making Lycanroc pretend like it was going to use Counter and sucker punch a Stone Edge was pretty dang good. It really sucks because outside of the Mohn stuff he really could've been in the PWC but of course he might gotten eaten by Leon so.
  • I've never been a big freak on art style so Sun and Moons never disturbed me to the extent of others but I do see where the fluidity goes with battles. Z-Moves look extremely ridiculous in the games but Ash preforming the Normal Type one and so quick and sharply tells me all I need to know. His movements with Pikachu was so crisp.
  • The little montage of the Lycanroc's rivalry and Type Wild playing was sweet. I love that they pointed out that when he was Rockruff he stood no chance but now they're on even playing ground on the same stage.
  • I also forgot how visually SM was with things, when Lycanroc bit himself to stop the confusion from Outrage they went all in.
Overall it was a good battles and SM delivered with this. I forgot how great Gladion was and he really is low-key underrated in the rival discussions. Good for Ash too.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I've seen some takes on another site that JN animation is pretty much similar to SM and I cannot facepalm much harder
There's like SUCH a stark difference between them it's hilarious. SM is SO MUCH more dynamic, fluid and expressive
JN on the other hand is so much more static and monotonous. Literally the only thing SM battles were missing to constantly be the best battles of the anime throughout was the 3D camera. The artwork choices don't really matter coz the fluidity was so nice to watch
It gets you invested in the battle
Meanwhile in JN you're just kind of out of it and let down. Making the one hit knockouts even more noticeable and annoying

It's such a shame too coz I'd argue JN had much smarter battle writing than both XY and SM, but it was severely let down by the visuals, animation and choreography

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Tbh....idk if I'd use this battle specifically for the visuals. Pika vs Zoroark (after illusion came off) was great (Maenami's awesome) and some parts of Melmetal vs Silvally too, but the rest was pretty stiff, especially Pikachu vs Silvally