• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

hey BCVM22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the post about the kid saying you can trade from pokemon gen 1 and 2 to gen 3. I agree with you only a little. I can't really understand the incapability of some people swearing up and down and even getting mad that when someone says they can trade between pokemon crystal, silver and gold to ruby and sapphire.

The truth of the matter is this. You can trade Gen 2 to Gen 3. But it is very difficult. Yes you read me right and I am pretty sure you are going to deny it. But I have done this several times.

Lets see What you need is Pokemon Crystal, Silver or Gold. Doesn't matter. This does not work with Pokemon Yellow, Blue or Red. Next you need a Nintendo GameCube. Next you need a Nintendo GameBoy Advanced and finally a Nintendo GameBoy Advanced to Nintendo GameCube connection device. Put your Gen 2 Pokemon game that has been beat (no requirement of how many pokemon, just beat through the elete four 2 times so you have everything unlocked (1st time is after you get the 8 badges of johto, 2nd time is after you collect all of Kanto badges)). This isn't a secret. It just so you don't have to possibly has hassles (I never tried this before beating the elete four 2 times as stated above always had the game finished). is this a requirement? maybe not maybe so. Anyway plug your game into (I did this with pokemon crystal) the GameBoy Advanced. and than plug it into the Nintendo GameCube with the GameBoy Advanced cable uplink. Turn on the game (both the gameboy advanced and gamecube have to be on)and go to the area where you take pokemon on and off and store them into your game Pokemon Colosseum. The Pokemon game you have in the gameboy advanced is listed and you take take from your party. However this does not cross back to the game. It is permanent.

Here is an explanation of why this works. When Nintendo GameBoy Color games and further back are put into the Nintendo GameBoy Advanced sure it can read the coding. But what people don't know or understand is that the game actually translates the code of the older stuff into a playable version that is displayed on the GameBoy Advanced. Sure it still looks horribly 2 d. But in fact the code it is generating to display is the same code that Generation 3 games are displaying on the game. So when you connect this to Pokemon Colosseum it has already converted the file coding into something it can read.

Hence when you put a game into the Nintendo DS, DS lite, DSi, DS2 etc it doesn't read it even though the bottom where you put the nintendo gameboy advanced games is the same. It doesn't read the Gen 1 and 2 games because the code for the Nintendo DS, DS lite, DSi, DS2 etc wasn't coded to read it to decode it and display it on the screen.

The code is converted for Gen 1 & 2 on GBA and that's why it can communicate with Gen 2 on Pokemon Colosseum. This works because I have my pikachu from Yellow (transfered over to crystal when I had it than transfered to the box in pokemon colosseum, than transfered to ruby than transfered to pokemon leafgreen, than transfered to pokemon pearl than transfered to pokemon soulsilver, than transfered to pokemon white and than to pokemon white 2). I have the proof if you want to see it and videos show it (camcorder)

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I hate to say it, I've got to side with BVCM for this one.

First, several of us here actual have all the games. I'm willing to bet that Serebii has the ability or had the ability to test this out. If what you said was true, he would be more inclined to place a page here: http://serebii.net/colosseum/

If you really want to know. I've tried this method out years ago. It doesn't work, the GSC game pack will just play as normal, and Pokémon Colosseum will still asking for a GBA game to be put in the Gameboy Advance and turned on.

It's very easy for someone to make it appear that they've taken their Pikachu from Yellow to most White, but in reality they've created a "copy" of it.

EDIT: There is a "Older Generations" section which this topic would be very nicely placed there.

Abstinence Pistols

Hence when you put a game into the Nintendo DS, DS lite, DSi, DS2 etc it doesn't read it even though the bottom where you put the nintendo gameboy advanced games is the same. It doesn't read the Gen 1 and 2 games because the code for the Nintendo DS, DS lite, DSi, DS2 etc wasn't coded to read it to decode it and display it on the screen.

What are you talking about? I used to own a copy of Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for the Game Boy Color, among other Game Boy games, and a Nintendo DS. They didn't play on the DS because they just didn't fit right. It had nothing to do with the coding.

I have video evidence of step by step NON Emulator proof that you can do it this way. I knew someone at least one person would deny it. LOL This is not to be an argument it is THE fact what I said stands and you can not prove it wrong. Maybe you miss understood me, I am not asking I am telling you it is possible.

To the second poster, Un0va I didn't say you could use them on DS or anything higher. Read carefully.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
If you claim you have the Proof, then Show us the proof.
I'll save you the trouble and just close this. Please don't spout rubbish on the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.