• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hey Disney, Overrated much?

Pokewiz

Good bye :)
Title explains it all.

Want to rant about Disney? :D

RANT AWAY PLZ

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
I dont think it is. films like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Pinocchio, Dumbo, Bambi, Peter Pan, One Hundred and One Dalmatians, The Sword in the Stone, The Jungle Book, Robin Hood, Robin Hood, Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King are Classics.

But im not so fond of the newer films

Pokewiz

lol fine then, let's move to Disney channel, where most of their crap films are coming from :p

Freya

Noam Chompsky
I dont think it is. films like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Pinocchio, Dumbo, Bambi, Peter Pan, One Hundred and One Dalmatians, The Sword in the Stone, The Jungle Book, Robin Hood, Robin Hood, Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King are Classics.

They are classics, but then again they are all retelling of tales, or based of other tales. Most of the original stuff is crap, i.e. recent releases.

shadowkami

Internet Hustla'
I don't think disney is overrated. I think that some of their franchises are. i.e. Hannah Montana and High School Musical.

Pixar is still great btw.

Pokemonwarrior

I Am Your Nightmare
All kid focused shows/movies/music are overrated, These days they aren't like they used to be all Disney,Cartoon Network, Nick are all overrated sadly. Even the Pokemon Anime is a bit overrated :( IMO Hannah Montana,Sponge Bob,Flapjack,Jonas Brothers all are among the top overrated franchises out right now.

Last edited:

Pokewiz

All kid focused shows/movies/music are overrated, These days they aren't like they used to be all Disney,Cartoon Network, Nick are all overrated sadly. Even the Pokemon Anime is a bit overrated :( IMO

But the pokemon anime is overrated D:

And yeah, boi, when I was a kid, there were so many good shows on @___@;;

ChloboShoka

Writer
I love Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Little Mermaid, Pinnochio, Sleeping beauty and their animated movies. The recent ones, I've not been quite a huge fan off, but I do like the movie, Bolt was quite nice.

HSm and Hanna Montanna and other of that stuff, I'm not quite a big fan off but I do agree that it's quite over-rated, well most of it anyway. I can't deny that there are some awesome songs produced by Disney.

Last edited:

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
Anything that comes from the Disney Channel. But Disney is awesome in other ways. The have their good and bad movies. Just like every single movie company out there. And they have Disney World. And there's no way I could hate Disney World (except I can't afford it by myself).

Zazie

So 1991
Well it depned on disney what.
The old Disney cartoons with Donald and Goofy, underrated. They seem to have been forgotten.
There late 80's early 90's cartoons, excellent and a little underrated. Traditional animated films overated, if you're not Disney or Dreamworks and made an animated movie no one cared.
Pixar films overrated.
Disney channel original series mostly boring and overrated.
Studio Ghibli films (they are distributed by disney in the us.) just the right amount of rated.
Disney live action films mostly regularly rated. (HSM counts as a disney channel original series.)
There is more but I am going to stop now for brevity's sake.

Averyy

Ima firin' muh lazer
I like some of Disney's creations (when I was younger my favorite movie would be Oliver & Company, I loved it) but the newer generation of Disney definitely annoys me. It seems now they're just overrated shows with people like Hannah Montana and The Jonas Bros. And to those who complain about High School Musical, Hannah Montana, etc. I'd just like to say that soon enough they'll just be an old trend and something else will replace them :)

Dattebayo

Banned
I don't think Disney is overrated (in fact, that's not how you use the word for at all), I just think they must've lost their touch during the middle of the 21st century. Hopefully, that'll change once they finish making "The Frog Princess" (I think that's the name of the film).

NPC

sleep researcher
Dattebayo said:
I just think they must've lost their touch during the middle of the 21st century.

Warning: Dattebayo is a time-traveler.

I think older, hand-animated Disney movies are mostly good to great, while most of their more recent ones show a decline in quality. No comments regarding the Disney Channel, it's what kids want and they're giving it to them for their parents' money.

cbiesra

Pedophillia? Naww.>>
Ehhh...

We may all think that this stuff sucks or is overrated (Most of it is) but that's never going to change the fact that the 4-12 year old kids like it. Or that they're going to keep racking up the profit.
As much as people rant ... Disney, their movies, and the suckiness is here to stay.

Umbreon_13

complaining about disney i think that is the newest thing to happent to serebii
to tell the truth disney is okay could be better if there were more violence but that would make the whole thing become a disaster and no children would be watching it but some disney movies and shows swear but it is hard to catch

Sapphiredragon929

A r t i f i c e.
To be delightfully honest, yes.

The early disney was great, now whenever channel 55 is displayed I want to pour myself in kerosene light myself ablaze, jump out the window, get hit by a car, and land in a jellyfish tank.

Oh the joys of high school musical. -.-