• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

hey guys :P rate my OU team ( if you like waffles )

Lucario 1

seeking shinies
Hi serebii its been a while. This is my first RMT in ages, and to be honest, my first real rmt. I have been using this team for a while now on shoddy, and have been doing ok with it, but i know that a lot can be improved

so here is the team. the origional working and evolution for the team went something like this

The idea was to base the team around mixape, which i really liked the concept of, and so used as the core of my team.

The evolution of the team
the team started with this

infernape_sprite.png

mixape was the core of the team, and obviously i started with him. Next i needed a lead

swampert.png
infernape_sprite.png

My chosen lead was swampert, seeing as it could provde stealth rock support for mixape, and was also a solid bulk for which ape could rely on to take water , rock, ground, fire, and ice type attacks without too much worry.

from here, i concluded ( wrongly ) that the rest of the team would also want to be deffensively orrientated.

The final team of the first development was this

swampert.png
infernape_sprite.png
togekiss.png
212.png
bronzong.png
snorlax.png

there were obviously massive flaws with this team when i tested it on shoddy

my first major change was this

swampert.png
infernape_sprite.png
vaporeon.png
212.png
bronzong.png
snorlax.png

Vaporeon was a welcome addition. he could absorb water hits thrown at ape, and use them to recover himself. He also provided wish support for the rest of the team, which although bulky in its own right, could not heal itself

swampert.png
infernape_sprite.png
vaporeon.png
212.png
tyranitar.png
snorlax.png

Tyranitar bought something new to the party. Aswell as helping swampert to deal with leads, by breaking focus sash's, and packing pursuit and eq, tyranitar was a threat to be rekoned with. With a scarf attatched, this thing was actually pretty quick, and still packed more than enough power to take down anything in its path, however it was easily walled, and so thats where ape would come in. Tyranitar replaced bronzong, who at the time was only providing dual screens, and really didnt have any synergy with the rest of the team

swampert.png
infernape_sprite.png
vaporeon.png
212.png
tyranitar.png
celebi.png

Celebi. oh how i love it. This is the subseed variation, and it works so well. Celebi, and his usefull ability, can take any status, and then just switch out, and be healthy and new.

First Glance
swampert.png
infernape_sprite.png
vaporeon.png
212.png
tyranitar.png
celebi.png

So there is the final team line up. Now i can explain the roles in more detail
swampert.png

Swampert@leftovers
Relaxed Nature
Torrent
252hp/252def/4atk
Stealth rock
Roar
Ice Beam
Earth Quake

Swampert is a really usefull lead. I set up rocks, and then depending on what happens next, i either roar, attack, or switch. for example, with an azelf lead, taunt usually comes first, so i switch straight to t-tar. Wheras, if i face a smeargle, i switch to celebi to take the spore. Ninjask is another example, where i hapily set up rocks, and then roar away his stat changes.

infernape.png

Infernape@life Orb
Naive Nature
Blaze
64atk/252Spa/192Spe
Flamethrower
Hp Ice
Grass Knot
Close Combat

The origional centre of this team. Ape functions immensly well as a wall breaker. Things like blissy and snorlax, and bronzong all go down. Hp Ice is also incredibly usefull for dragonite, mence, and flygon switches. Grass knot can be usefull for gyra, after stealth rocks damage

vaporeon.png

Vaporeon@leftovers
Calm Nature
Water Absorb
128Hp/252Def/128spe
Wish
Toxic
Protect
Surf

Vaporeon takes water attacks, and then poisons the opponent. Wish heals itself and team mates, and protect ensures the wish on itself, and also stalls for the opponents toxic to take effect. vaporeon works particularly well with celebi, when the opponent is poisoned, and is seeded.

scizor.png

Scizor@choiceband
Adamant Nature
Technician
248hp/252atk/8hp
Bullet Punch
U Turn
Super Power
Pursuit

Standard Scizor set really. Excellent revenge killer, and really helps just to thin out the enemy team when things get going, and pokemon are low on ho due to sandstorm/vaporeon/celebi breaking them down.

tyranitar.png

Tyranitar@choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
Sand Stream
4hp/242atk/252Spe
Stone edge
Earthquake
Crunch
Pursuit

Tyranitar can initally help out with sashed pokemon, and also taking psycic hits for ape. Stone edge ruins skarmory and zaptos, and earthquake takes heatran. T-Tar outspeeds most things, and so can often take out 2 or 3 pokemon in a row, although this is often down to the opponents error. T-tar really helps to mop up the floor late game.

celebi.png

Celebi@leftovers
Bold Nature
Natural Cure
252hp/220def/36Spe
Leech Sead
Recover
Substitute
Psycic

Ah celibi, how useful you are. Celebi just cripples bulky pokemon that ape cant touch, and is so handy for that last pokemon that the opponent has left. Celebi has great survivability, and often sticks around for the end game. The stratagy is simple. Set up seeds, set up sub. If my sub isnt broken, recover. If i dont need to recover, psycic. This thing has suprising speed, and can often be used to OHKO things like machamp and some variations of gengar ( dont know which ones, but it has happened many a time)

Final Glance
swampert.png
infernape_sprite.png
vaporeon.png
212.png
tyranitar.png
celebi.png

So there you have it, thats my team. Please rate it, and give your criticisms, but please suggest improvements, as everything will be considered and most probably experimented with.

Last edited:

Lucario 1

seeking shinies
further testing has lead me to discover that sub punch breloom is a massive threat to this team, how can I change this?

pweese rate ^^

Quadros

The Janitor
You have a gaping grass weakness here. You also lack a dedicated special wall. However, this team is similar enough to mine for me to easily provide the answer;

BRING BACK BRONZONG!

Lead Bronzong will do everything swampert can do except roar, and instead he provides hypnosis. Here's a decent Zong:

Bronzong@Macho Brace

Relaxed
252HP/ 84 Attack/ 80 Defence/ 92 Special Defence

Gyro Ball
Earthquake
Hypnosis
Stealth Rocks

I replaced earthquake with Psychic and split the attack EVs between defences on mine, thus producing a total breloom killer.

Of course then you'd need to loose one of your fire weaknesses, preferably for a special wall. Might I suggest Togekiss for Scizor? You have two physical attackers, do you really need a third? Togekiss replaces it with special offence and brilliant special defence durability. And once again, it nails breloom.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
On your Mix Ape, I suggest changing Flamethrower for Fire Blast (it's worth the accuracy drop). And, if your just using Grass Knot for Gyarados, why not just change it to Thunder Punch? But, Grass Knot if probably the better option against Water types overall, so leave it be.

Also, your Celebi would be a lot more effective with Thunder Wave over Psychic. Sure, it will have no attacks, but it will cripple your opponent unmercifully. You can also have a lot more defensive investment by getting rid of your now unneeded Speed. Besides, with no Special Attack investment, Psychic will not do much.

Slavko

Swampert FTW
Perfect team, 10/10. Don't listen to teh suggestions above. Trust me. Your team works. Besised Breloom is not that used anymore, so CHILL.

Lucario 1

seeking shinies
only thing with psycic on celebi, is that it makes it a really good counter for machamp, as it absorbs dynamic punch, often thrown at t tar and scizor, and more often than not, swampert as the lead

~Ace~

definately do not replace swampert with bronzong as a lead. it turns out to be a punching bag ang gets shut down by almost any lead most of the time. not that swampert is the perfect lead in todays metagame, but can back you up against dragons later, especially DD mence. also on celebi change recover to HP fire to get a surprise kill on scizor and forry that may come with confidence, and psychic to grass knot to take out water types in order clear the way for infernape. hope that helps ^^