• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hey, I'm not dead!

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
So I just got back after a couple month break from competitive battling. I had some other **** going on, and I didn't have enough time or focus for much competitive play, and after giving some terrible advice I just called it quits altogether. But I'm back now, for a while at least.

Anyways, here's a team. Thanks for reading, blah, blah, blah.

645-therian.gif

Landorus-Therian @ Expert Belt
Nature: Jolly (+Speed, -Sp. Atk)
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-U-Turn

Landorus-T opens my team as a very flexible lead. Usually I scout my opponent's lead and bluff a Scarf with him, but if I find it necessary I'll throw rocks down right away. U-Turn is the crux of the set, letting him bluff a Scarf/Band set while scouting my opponent's team. Earthquake goes great with the Scarf bluff, often leading opponents into switching into something like Thundurus-T and trying to set up as I "switch out". Or use Stone Edge. SE gets great coverage with Earthquake, although its accuracy hates me. Yeah, nothing's changed there since I left. Stealth Rock is... Um. Stealth Rock. Not a hell of a lot more to say here, so I'll move on.

579.gif

Reuniclus @ Flame Orb
Nature: Bold (+Defence, -Sp. Atk)
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defence, 4 Sp. Atk
-Calm Mind
-Recover
-Focus Blast
-Psyshock

Reuniclus is here because I needed a sturdy Special sweeper. Heatran is amazing, but his inability to boost his Sp. Atk hinders his outright sweeping capabilities, and Thundurus-T is Scarfed. I didn't feel like using Azelf again, so here's your friendly neighborhood possessed fetus thing. I went with a physically bulky Calm Mind set here. It takes a while to set up, but once it does it kicks so much ***. Plus, after a Calm Mind or two, it's so stupidly bulky it becomes nearly impossible to take down. Recover is there to make sure he lasts forever, and Focus Blast + Psyshock give him decent coverage. He misses out on other Psychic types, but what other Psychic type can reasonably hope to stand up against him? Don't say Alakazam. Or Azelf. Or Jirachi, Metagross, and Latios. In fact, just shut up.

485.gif

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Nature: Timid (+Speed, -Attack)
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Flame Charge

Heatran finds himself on every single one of my teams. This is because Heatran is a perfect being. We're all moving towards perfect peace and harmony, towards Heatran-ness. Soon all will become Heatran. Everyone, everywhere will be Heatran. Heatran's got so much Elvis in him he was banned from daytime television in 1966. Seriously, the only way this beast could get better is if he got Nasty Plot and Recover. Anyways, this is Flame Charge Heatran. Many of you might not be particularly familiar with it. Well, you should be, because it's amazing. Heatran forces so many switches that it's easy for him to set up a Flame Charge. What's scarier than a Heatran, you might ask? A Heatran that now outspeeds the Infernape or Mamoswine you were hoping to counter him with. GF noob. Fire Blast is a devastating weapon that hits like a truck, easily demolishing almost anything that doesn't resist it. It's also a nightmare for Sun teams to switch in and out of. Earth Power hits some stuff like opposing Heatran and Infernape hard. I'm actually looking into (LOL) Ancientpower, solely for Volcarona. I don't know if it has the power to KO Volcy though, and it's pretty much useless for anything other than Volcarona. Hidden Power (Ice) OHKO's Landy, Gliscor, and dragons.

106.gif

Hitmonlee @ Normal Gem
Nature: Adamant (+Attack, -Sp. Atk)
Ability: Unburden
-Fake Out
-Hi Jump Kick
-Stone Edge
-Blaze Kick

Hitmonlee does one thing and one thing only; kick ***. Literally. This set is such an obscure, low tier threat that nobody ever expects it, which is just what I love. I break this thing out late-game, after any Ghosts and things like Scizor have been removed from play. Fake Out grants him instant double Speed, and after that he just spams an absurdly powerful Hi Jump Kick and kills ****. Lots and lots of ****. Stone Edge is in there so I have something to throw at Volcarona to stop it from 6-0'ing me. Blaze Kick is because I didn't know what else to put in there, and I figured why the hell not? This guy is mostly non-negotiable. I know things like Conkeldurr and Breloom are probably generally regarded as "better", but the sheer surprise value he packs is enough reason for me to use him anytime. He's saved my behind more times than I care to remember, because nobody quite knows how to deal with him. If it wasn't for that pathetic Defence, he'd have no problem being in OU...

091.gif

Cloyster @ White Herb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 HP
-Shell Smash
-Icicle Spear
-Rock Blast
-Razor Shell

And here's a set everyone's used and been destroyed by. Cloyster's main job is to clean up teams after the rest of my team has punched as many holes in it as possible. With a stupid base 180 Defence and an initially low Speed that actually works to his advantage, he finds a lot of opportunities to set up a Shell Smash. After that, kiss your *** goodbye. Icicle Spear is his main weapon, a base 125 power STAB move that breaks Substitutes, Focus Sashes, Sturdy, and Multiscale. Rock Blast nabs a lot of things that Icicle Spear doesn't, namely Fire and Ice types. Razor Shell rounds out the coverage, hurting things like Heatran badly. I ran White Herb over Focus Sash because, with a bit of intelligent play, I never have any problems setting him up on a physical attacker that can't OHKO him anyways, and White Herb helps him not be slaughtered by Mach Punch and Bullet Punch. That crazy 396 Defence is nothing to shake a stick at.

642-therian.gif

Thundurus-T @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
-Volt Switch
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Focus Blast

One of the first things I learned as a competitive battler is that a good offensive team needs a revenge-killer. This is my favourite revenge-killer besides Azelf, who I already made a pact not to use. While Hitmonlee makes a great revenge-killer, he's not all that reliable. Plus, he's often dead when I need to revenge-kill something. So, I turned to Thundurus-T. Thundy does a few things for my team. One, he's a fantastic anti-Weather lead. He hammers Politoed, takes at least 80% off Tyranitar (if FB hits... Which is a pretty damn big if...), OHKO's Abomasnow, and severely hurts Ninetales. He's my solution to my rather large Toed problem (literally nothing on my team can switch in on a Choice Specs Hydro Pump, so if I'm up against a Rain team, I lead with him instead of Landy). He also forms a nice Volt-Turn combo with Landy, stealing momentum from my opponent easily. Thunderbolt is a nice STAB that I can use to clean up weakened teams if I feel is necessary. I might replace it with Thunder, because I never seem to actually use it, and Thunder OHKO's all Politoed, even the Sp. Def ones. Hidden Power (Ice) is for coverage and revenging Dragons. Focus Blast is the best filler option he's got, and helps deter Tyranitar and Terrakion and whatnot.

So basically this is just another offensive team I came up with. I started with Hitmonlee and Cloyster, and a pact not to use Azelf. I decided to try something new for a lead, and I always hated facing Scarf-bluffing Landorus-T's, so that's how he ended up on my team. Reuniclus filled my need for a Special set-up sweeper. Heatran is Heatran, and then Thundurus-T just kinda glues everything together.

The basic strategy is to use everything but Cloyster to punch holes in my opponent's team. All of my Pokemon are designed to put immediate offensive pressure on my opponents, forcing lots of switches and scoring lots of surprise KOs, and making it very hard to maintain defensive momentum. Setting up hazards could cost you the entire game if I decide to start Calm Mind'ing with Reuniclus or get a free Flame Charge boost on Heatran. After I decide that key threats are eliminated, or weakened enough, I make an opportunity to send Cloyster out. Normally this requires me to sacrifice something as bait to get a physical attacker on the other side field. I find Hitmonlee's pathetic defense lets him excel at that. After that, I Shell Smash and sweep. A lot of times, I don't even need to resort to Cloyster. Everything on my team is designed to get multiple KOs (except maybe Thundurus), so often Cloyster never sees the light of day.

Of course, this leaves me with a major problem; I literally have no defensive core. I need to rely on prediction to work around my opponents. While most of my team packs some decent bulk and/or important resistances, Hitmonlee can't switch in on just about anything, and Cloyster prefers to come in after something just got sac'ed. Also, I'm deterred by my lack of reliable priority. Maybe Scizor > Thundurus-T could be something I might consider.

Other than that, Rain teams are a bit of a problem, but with a bit of smart playing I can easily defeat them. So, thanks for reading and stuff, I'm tired so I'm just gonna post this the way it is, I'll clean it up tomorrow.

Oh, here's an importable for anyone who cares.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Hitmonlee (M) @ Normal Gem
Trait: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Hi Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Stone Edge
- Blaze Kick

Cloyster @ White Herb
Trait: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash
- Razor Shell

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flame Charge

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Last edited:

Jorge565

Magikarp
Is not a must but you should consider some priority move(other than fake out) for revenge kills maybe you could try ice shard on cloyster

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
So I just got back after a couple month break from competitive battling. I had some other **** going on, and I didn't have enough time or focus for much competitive play, and after giving some terrible advice I just called it quits altogether. But I'm back now, for a while at least.

Anyways, here's a team. Thanks for reading, blah, blah, blah.

645-therian.gif

Landorus-Therian @ Expert Belt
Ability: Intimidate
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-U-Turn

Landorus-T opens my team as a very flexible lead. Usually I scout my opponent's lead and bluff a Scarf with him, but if I find it necessary I'll throw rocks down right away. U-Turn is the crux of the set, letting him bluff a Scarf/Band set while scouting my opponent's team. Earthquake goes great with the Scarf bluff, often leading opponents into switching into something like Thundurus-T and trying to set up as I "switch out". Or use Stone Edge. SE gets great coverage with Earthquake, although its accuracy hates me. Yeah, nothing's changed there since I left. Stealth Rock is... Um. Stealth Rock. Not a hell of a lot more to say here, so I'll move on.

579.gif

Reuniclus @ Flame Orb
Nature: Bold (+Defence, -Sp. Atk)
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defence, 4 Sp. Atk
-Calm Mind
-Recover
-Focus Blast
-Psyshock

Reuniclus is here because I needed a sturdy Special sweeper. Heatran is amazing, but his inability to boost his Sp. Atk hinders his outright sweeping capabilities, and Thundurus-T is Scarfed. I didn't feel like using Azelf again, so here's your friendly neighborhood possessed fetus thing. I went with a physically bulky Calm Mind set here. It takes a while to set up, but once it does it kicks so much ***. Plus, after a Calm Mind or two, it's so stupidly bulky it becomes nearly impossible to take down. Recover is there to make sure he lasts forever, and Focus Blast + Psyshock give him decent coverage. He misses out on other Psychic types, but what other Psychic type can reasonably hope to stand up against him? Don't say Alakazam. Or Azelf. Or Jirachi, Metagross, and Latios. In fact, just shut up.

485.gif

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Flame Charge

Heatran finds himself on every single one of my teams. This is because Heatran is a perfect being. We're all moving towards perfect peace and harmony, towards Heatran-ness. Soon all will become Heatran. Everyone, everywhere will be Heatran. Heatran's got so much Elvis in him he was banned from daytime television in 1966. Seriously, the only way this beast could get better is if he got Nasty Plot and Recover. Anyways, this is Flame Charge Heatran. Many of you might not be particularly familiar with it. Well, you should be, because it's amazing. Heatran forces so many switches that it's easy for him to set up a Flame Charge. What's scarier than a Heatran, you might ask? A Heatran that now outspeeds the Infernape or Mamoswine you were hoping to counter him with. GF noob. Fire Blast is a devastating weapon that hits like a truck, easily demolishing almost anything that doesn't resist it. It's also a nightmare for Sun teams to switch in and out of. Earth Power hits some stuff like opposing Heatran and Infernape hard. I'm actually looking into (LOL) Ancientpower, solely for Volcarona. I don't know if it has the power to KO Volcy though, and it's pretty much useless for anything other than Volcarona. Hidden Power (Ice) OHKO's Landy, Gliscor, and dragons.

106.gif

Hitmonlee @ Normal Gem
Nature: Adamant (+Attack, -Sp. Atk)
Ability: Unburden
-Fake Out
-Hi Jump Kick
-Stone Edge
-Blaze Kick

Hitmonlee does one thing and one thing only; kick ***. Literally. This set is such an obscure, low tier threat that nobody ever expects it, which is just what I love. I break this thing out late-game, after any Ghosts and things like Scizor have been removed from play. Fake Out grants him instant double Speed, and after that he just spams an absurdly powerful Hi Jump Kick and kills ****. Lots and lots of ****. Stone Edge is in there so I have something to throw at Volcarona to stop it from 6-0'ing me. Blaze Kick is because I didn't know what else to put in there, and I figured why the hell not? This guy is mostly non-negotiable. I know things like Conkeldurr and Breloom are probably generally regarded as "better", but the sheer surprise value he packs is enough reason for me to use him anytime. He's saved my behind more times than I care to remember, because nobody quite knows how to deal with him. If it wasn't for that pathetic Defence, he'd have no problem being in OU...

091.gif

Cloyster @ White Herb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 HP
-Shell Smash
-Icicle Spear
-Rock Blast
-Razor Shell

And here's a set everyone's used and been destroyed by. Cloyster's main job is to clean up teams after the rest of my team has punched as many holes in it as possible. With a stupid base 180 Defence and an initially low Speed that actually works to his advantage, he finds a lot of opportunities to set up a Shell Smash. After that, kiss your *** goodbye. Icicle Spear is his main weapon, a base 125 power STAB move that breaks Substitutes, Focus Sashes, Sturdy, and Multiscale. Rock Blast nabs a lot of things that Icicle Spear doesn't, namely Fire and Ice types. Razor Shell rounds out the coverage, hurting things like Heatran badly. I ran White Herb over Focus Sash because, with a bit of intelligent play, I never have any problems setting him up on a physical attacker that can't OHKO him anyways, and White Herb helps him not be slaughtered by Mach Punch and Bullet Punch. That crazy 396 Defence is nothing to shake a stick at.

642-therian.gif

Thundurus-T @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
-Volt Switch
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Focus Blast

One of the first things I learned as a competitive battler is that a good offensive team needs a revenge-killer. This is my favourite revenge-killer besides Azelf, who I already made a pact not to use. While Hitmonlee makes a great revenge-killer, he's not all that reliable. Plus, he's often dead when I need to revenge-kill something. So, I turned to Thundurus-T. Thundy does a few things for my team. One, he's a fantastic anti-Weather lead. He hammers Politoed, takes at least 80% off Tyranitar (if FB hits... Which is a pretty damn big if...), OHKO's Abomasnow, and severely hurts Ninetales. He's my solution to my rather large Toed problem (literally nothing on my team can switch in on a Choice Specs Hydro Pump, so if I'm up against a Rain team, I lead with him instead of Landy). He also forms a nice Volt-Turn combo with Landy, stealing momentum from my opponent easily. Thunderbolt is a nice STAB that I can use to clean up weakened teams if I feel is necessary. I might replace it with Thunder, because I never seem to actually use it, and Thunder OHKO's all Politoed, even the Sp. Def ones. Hidden Power (Ice) is for coverage and revenging Dragons. Focus Blast is the best filler option he's got, and helps deter Tyranitar and Terrakion and whatnot.

So basically this is just another offensive team I came up with. I started with Hitmonlee and Cloyster, and a pact not to use Azelf. I decided to try something new for a lead, and I always hated facing Scarf-bluffing Landorus-T's, so that's how he ended up on my team. Reuniclus filled my need for a Special set-up sweeper. Heatran is Heatran, and then Thundurus-T just kinda glues everything together.

The basic strategy is to use everything but Cloyster to punch holes in my opponent's team. All of my Pokemon are designed to put immediate offensive pressure on my opponents, forcing lots of switches and scoring lots of surprise KOs, and making it very hard to maintain defensive momentum. Setting up hazards could cost you the entire game if I decide to start Calm Mind'ing with Reuniclus or get a free Flame Charge boost on Heatran. After I decide that key threats are eliminated, or weakened enough, I make an opportunity to send Cloyster out. Normally this requires me to sacrifice something as bait to get a physical attacker on the other side field. I find Hitmonlee's pathetic defense lets him excel at that. After that, I Shell Smash and sweep. A lot of times, I don't even need to resort to Cloyster. Everything on my team is designed to get multiple KOs (except maybe Thundurus), so often Cloyster never sees the light of day.

Of course, this leaves me with a major problem; I literally have no defensive core. I need to rely on prediction to work around my opponents. While most of my team packs some decent bulk and/or important resistances, Hitmonlee can't switch in on just about anything, and Cloyster prefers to come in after something just got sac'ed. Also, I'm deterred by my lack of reliable priority. Maybe Scizor > Thundurus-T could be something I might consider.

Other than that, Rain teams are a bit of a problem, but with a bit of smart playing I can easily defeat them. So, thanks for reading and stuff, I'm tired so I'm just gonna post this the way it is, I'll clean it up tomorrow.

Oh, here's an importable for anyone who cares.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Hitmonlee (M) @ Normal Gem
Trait: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Hi Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Stone Edge
- Blaze Kick

Cloyster @ White Herb
Trait: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash
- Razor Shell

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flame Charge

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Ok interesting team, first why do you have flame orb on ren? seen ppl with it b4 but never known the point to it, now your statement about no other psychic types can beat it, when in fact all jirachi has to do is trick it (giving it choice scarf) and your poke is ruined, then jirachi can iron head it to death, also you have made an error ... Nature: Bold (+Defence, -Sp. Atk) it lowers attack not sp atk.

also if lando sets up rock polish your team is pretty much done for if sr is up, rotom w can cause a few problems.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Ok interesting team, first why do you have flame orb on ren? seen ppl with it b4 but never known the point to it, now your statement about no other psychic types can beat it, when in fact all jirachi has to do is trick it (giving it choice scarf) and your poke is ruined, then jirachi can iron head it to death, also you have made an error ... Nature: Bold (+Defence, -Sp. Atk) it lowers attack not sp atk.

also if lando sets up rock polish your team is pretty much done for if sr is up, rotom w can cause a few problems.

Flame Orb lets him act as a status absorber, and also screws with stuff that tries to Trick him. Yes, Jirachi Tricking him a scarf would suck and probably put him out for the rest of the match, but in turn Jirachi now gets a Flame Orb, making it useless as well.

Bold is +Defence, -Attack... Yeah, that's just a typo on my part, that is actually the nature I want.

And yeah... Landorus and Rotom-W are a bit of a problem... If Rotom carries Trick and Pain Split it can potentially 6-0 me.