• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hey Mush, Are You Going to Sleep in the Morelull Forest Too? (972)

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
It's good to be back to interesting episodes again. I think this is the first time the SM saga dabbled in something resembling horror. And it worked out great. It helps that, for once, the over-the-top JoJo-wannabe faces were justified. The scene toward the end with the herd of Morelull and their Shiinotic friend/possible caretaker looked amazing. I hope that in the years to come, this generation will look back on that part--no, this episode--as fondly as old-schoolers like me look back on some of the Kanto classics like Bye-Bye Butterfree.

This had a particularly nice dub soundtrack, one of the best since episode 21. It was suspenseful and atmospheric when it needed to be and whimsical and mysterious when it needed to be. And that theme for Morelull was fantastic. Plus, silence was used very effectively, much better than any Japanese episode ever did, that's for sure. Pity the final track got kept... I'd have preferred more of that mysterious music that was playing in all other Morelull/Shiinotic-related scenes. Oh well. The rest worked out, so I'm not mad.

I wonder if that "lotion" error came about due to a misreading of the Japanese words "キズぐすり" (kizugusuri; the official Japanese term for "potion") and "つけぐすり" (tsukegusuri; Japanese for "lotion"/"ointment"), or at least the root. Something similar did occur in the English version of The Thousand Year Door, in which an instance of "パイポ" (paipo; the Japanese term for Spiny Egg) was misread as "パイプ" (paipu; the English word "pipe" rendered in Katakana). Regardless, it was a big mistake, and I'd rather it didn't happen. I'd love it if it got corrected for reruns and home video.
Now, the Clefairy Doll thing is the result of yet another overly literal translation, as that's the JP term for a Poke Doll.

But anyway, good to see the saga's back to being good, as this was the first time since SM021 that I got invested in a SM episode.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Lana: Did you know... This forest...is H[LOUD DUB MUSIC]!!!

Why is it that it's so damn important to make the music louder than the voices? You don't get to hear this from other popular anime. You can actually hear people talk, but here?

I don't really think life force is connected with hunger, but oh well. You learn something wrong every week, kids.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
What the ****, dub?! Lotion.... seriously?

Very boring filler, no action happened at all. No TRio, and full of silly/goofy faces...
Rotom Dex had the only memorable moment of the episode with his detective thing.

2.5/10

Vipsoccermaster

It's a fine filler, but a good way to show off Morelull and Shiinotic. There isn't really much to say about this filler, but I enjoyed a few scenes here. Especially Lillie/Litten/Snowy starting the fire and then cooling it off and then there's Lana/Popplio/Togedemaru playing in the river, with the Pokémon splashing Lana. A bit odd for Togedemaru to be with Lana and Lillie instead of Sophocles, who was checking on his mobile device elsewhere. I also liked the scene where the group were going to the large tree with the Morelull herd.

Ash would have gotten sick if he had six servings of rice and curry, but Morelull was sapping Ash's energy away so he never felt full. That was Morelull's way of thanking the group by putting them to sleep at the end and then giving them full energy to finish their camping trip and head back to school.

...The faces in this episode were still a bit creepy, though. I think this episode would have been more fitting if it aired in October 2017 instead of early September 2017, but we don't want to go out of order.

I think the Lotion/Potion error was overlooked in the end and forgot to change it later, probably because it was too late to do so.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Potion was changed to lotion in the dub? I'm guessing mistranslation error here.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
This episode was meh, way better than previous one( which was one of the worst Pokemon episodes). 2 things I found good here:Ash is willing to help Morelull and that scene when they were all skinny creeped me out a little bit.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm actually surprised they didn't localize the curry in the dub. I thought for sure this was going to be like the "jelly-filled donuts" all over again :p

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
anime != games

What logical reason would a trainer who's never battled have to bring Potions? Lotion is likely something a lot of girls bring camping.

And what's wrong if it's called Clefairy Doll instead of Poké Doll?? I don't look at my sister's Piplup doll and say nice Doll or nice Poké Doll I say nice Piplup Doll......

Man, some of y'all are obsessed with consistency with the games for no apparent reason other than consistency sake, even when it would make no sense

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
anime != games

What logical reason would a trainer who's never battled have to bring Potions? Lotion is likely something a lot of girls bring camping.

And what's wrong if it's called Clefairy Doll instead of Poké Doll?? I don't look at my sister's Piplup doll and say nice Doll or nice Poké Doll I say nice Piplup Doll......

Man, some of y'all are obsessed with consistency with the games for no apparent reason other than consistency sake, even when it would make no sense

Lotion is definitely a mistake, as the words used for them in Japanese are similar. Lillie also brought Max Repels, and the items that pop up in the bubbles are definitely a regular Potion and a Max Repel

And Clefairy Doll is literally what the item is called in Japan, but the translators didn't realize it's only a Poké Doll in English.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I'm not talking about what's a mistake vs not a mistake. I'm talking about not understanding why it bothers people at all!!

They're both so harmless as "mistakes" that I wonder why people mention them?

What's a girl more likely to bring on a camping trip? Potion or lotion? Lotion. So why then are people freaking out at this "mistake"? It's not as though she said something bizarre like devotion or promotion.

And what's more likely that you would call your friend's Clefairy doll if you saw it? Clefairy doll or Poké Doll?? Clefairy doll. So who cares what it's called in the game?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Then they should have reanimated the scene as well (obviously I know they don't do such things lol, but they should have). It makes no sense for Lillie, who's never battled before, To bring Potion

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Then they should have reanimated the scene as well (obviously I know they don't do such things lol, but they should have). It makes no sense for Lillie, who's never battled before, To bring Potion

Except it makes sense for her, seeing as she's handled wild Pokemon food for the ones that visit her playground in her home. Yes, she doesn't touch Pokemon, but I highly doubt she doesn't have Potions in hand for someone else to use.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

It makes perfect sense since she can't do hands on healing due to her fear and Potion is a spray medicine. She loves Pokémon, she just can't touch them

Leonhart

Imagineer
I think this was the first episode of the SM saga that felt rather unnecessary to me. I personally didn't think that much happened throughout the twenty minutes, although the scene when the Nemush lit up the tree was aesthetically pleasing to say the least. The debut of Mushade was an added bonus, too.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
Morelull isn't exactly the most interesting Grass type ever, but I still wanted Mallow to catch one because her team really needed a new addition at this point in the SuMo saga. I'm surprised that she didn't get one when all was said and done.