• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HG/SS In-Game team

Thunderhead

The Worst Nightmare
Hey there, I know its a bit early to plan ahead teams for the game. Although I could care less (That, and I may get the Japanese version shipped :p )

Anyways, I would like any of you raters to rate the team.
I'm going to use the Platinum level up guide. (Please do not include tutors here, this is not for D/P/Pt)
Also, sense this will be the team I'm making as I go on, I don't really want to worry on EVs.
Anyways heres my team ^-^

Also, I don't tend to pick out the supportive moves for in game teams. JTLUK
I'm not good with natures, so a hand in those would be handy :p
I will try to do Egg moves, but I hate messing with those :(
Feraligator
Nature -
Ice Fang - Ice Beam if it can be found easily (no coins)
Surf /Aqua Tail - Aqua Tail comes a bit later, so Surf is here for a powerful water move that is obtained easier.
Crunch -
Earthquake/Stone Edge - One of these. (People like to debate over these two for some reason)

Ampharos
Nature -
Thunderpunch/Thuderbolt - Same with Ice Fang/Ice Beam, it depends if TB is obtained easier.
Brick Break -
Signal Beam -
Power Gem/ Fire Punch -

Bellossom (I would pick Jumpluff, but Hoppips are annoying to train, and Sunfloras stats suck IMO.)
Nature -
Leaf Blade -
Moonlight -
Sludge Bomb -
??? either Drain Punch or one of the powders.

Houndoom
Nature -
ThunderFang
Flamethrower
Crunch/Dark Pulse - Either I level up Houndoom to LV54 quick, or Dark Pulse is an earlier TM. Doubt it though :(
Shadow Ball
Double Team - Lower the level of Nasty Plot down please :)

Crobat (I want to see if training an annoying Zubat pays off)
Nature -
Cross Posion
Air Slash
Mean Look ( your mine Dogs :D)
Steel Wing/Giga Drain

Sudowoodo
Nature -
Wood Hammer
Stone Edge
Hammer Arm
Sucker Punch

Thanks

-Matthew K.

Hey there, I know its a bit early to plan ahead teams for the game. Although I could care less (That, and I may get the Japanese version shipped :p )

Anyways, I would like any of you raters to rate the team.
I'm going to use the Platinum level up guide. (Please do not include tutors here, this is not for D/P/Pt)
Also, sense this will be the team I'm making as I go on, I don't really want to worry on EVs.
Anyways heres my team ^-^

Also, I don't tend to pick out the supportive moves for in game teams. JTLUK
I'm not good with natures, so a hand in those would be handy :p
I will try to do Egg moves, but I hate messing with those :(
Feraligator
Nature - Jolly/Adamant
Ice Punch
Waterfall
Dragon Dance
Earthquake/Stone Edge - One of these. (People like to debate over these two for some reason)

Ampharos
Nature -Timid/Modest
Thuderbolt
HP {Fighting}/Focus Blast
Signal Beam
Power Gem

Bellossom (I would pick Jumpluff, but Hoppips are annoying to train, and Sunfloras stats suck IMO.)
Nature -
Leaf Blade -
Moonlight -
Sludge Bomb -
??? either Drain Punch or one of the powders.

Houndoom
Nature - Timid/Modest
Flamethrower
Dark Pulse
Shadow Ball
Double Team - Lower the level of Nasty Plot down please :)
Why? Doubling your Sp.A is great IMO.

Crobat (I want to see if training an annoying Zubat pays off)
Nature - Jolly/Adamant
Cross Posion
Aerial Ace/Brave Bird(egg)
U-Turn/X-Scissor
Confuse Ray

Sudowoodo
Nature -
Wood Hammer
Stone Edge
Hammer Arm
Sucker Punch

Thanks

-Matthew K.

Only rated pokemon I use myself.
One suggestion though, make sure a move fits with its stats.
e.g.:
Air Slash(Special) on Crobat(Attack is higher than Sp.A).
Hope this helps.

Thunderhead

The Worst Nightmare
@Feraligator
I would love to have Dragon Dance, but sadly its an egg move, and I'm positive that the only Pokemon (I'm thinking of), would be around Lv44. Also I'm wondering why people like waterfall over surf. Guess its for double battles :p

@Ampharos
Lets just hope you can find Thunderbolt early in the game! I would pick HP(Fight), but I have NO idea how Hidden Power even works. I know it has something to do with IVs though.

@Houndoom
Well I would love for it to learn Nasty Plot like at lv.40 so I could use it, ya know :p

@Crobat
I'll be keeping Mean Look for a bit, then I'll find the move relearner and get confuse ray.

Well that helps :D

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
You don't need both Shadow Ball & Dark Pulse on Houndoom, since both Ghost & Dark has exactly the same coverage (apart from Dark can hits Normal)

Houndoom
Timid Nature
~Flamethrower
~Dark Pulse
~Will-o-Wisp
~Nasty Plot

Or you can use Hasty/Naive Nature and has Thunder Fang instead of W-o-W.

Also, Waterfall is physical, and Feraligatr is a Physical-based Pokemon, so Waterfall/Aqua Tail >>> Surf on Feraligatr.

Thunderhead

The Worst Nightmare
^Wait a sec.

I thought Water is based from its Special Stat?
Let me guess, in D/P they gave every move a ATK/SP.ATK typing
Great . . . . . . :(

Last edited: