• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HG/SS Slots/Game Corner in ALL English games changed

PokéGamer

Only Honour Will Win
I Don't See No Reason To Argue... The Slot Games Were Rubbish & I Didn't See The Whole Point Of Them...

drake13

Ryukishi
lolz...i just buy coins from the counter so i really don't worry much...the only thins why i play the slot machine is for the explosion....i hate it....

Alloute

Not Banned
Ok, what is the big deal? Are you going to protest over such a little thing? Please don't :S

I think you'll find that the games will be just as nice without them.

drake13

Ryukishi
Ok, what is the big deal? Are you going to protest over such a little thing? Please don't :S

I think you'll find that the games will be just as nice without them.

right...i don't get why they have to remove it...

AncientMew

Training since 1998
I really don't care, much worse things have and will yet happen.

CrossTheRoad

Incoming 8th Grader
I don't see why this sucks. The only reason we EVER wanted to play those stupid slots is for TMs. Besides, they'll brobably add something different, oh let's say pikachu races xD

SHINY CATCHER

Epic Snake is Epic!
I'm sad because I liked the slot games and now its going to be very hard to get the prizes. But I can't believe it's took 10 years to do this

If people really want the slots, they should import the games.
The reason why they are doing this is because apparently Europeans get addicted to gambling easily. Which I think is a load of bull.

But lets hope that they add an arcade, with mini games, who knows, they could add the swalot, mime jr. and wobbufet games into the arcade, with some other games based around Pokemon.

Slots isn't a major feature in Pokemon, the Pokemon are.

Escape Reality

Daydreamer
to be honest, i don't really mind if they take away the slot machines as i never use them anyway, but i do think they should still keep them in the game because there are a lot of other people who like them... and you can always just import the game from another region to get a copy with the slot machines...

djbrayster

Coral Eye Trainer
Well this is good to know, I have always supported my local economy. I have always waited the ridiculous ammounts of time for a game to be released over her as I believed in keeping the market good in the region.

I have all the UK pokemon games released to my knowledge minus the pokemon mini units and games. I have seen us get things slightly different to other areas and I was upset we missed the e-reader battles etc in Ruby/Sapphire, and miffed that our games were essentially the same as the us version.

However with the news that we are now not going to get a part of the game that has been in there since the beggining I have lost all faith in europe/UK and games.

Saying this Nintendo have got better at event pokemon recently, though we are still missing celebi. I have been to the last 3 pokemon events, Mew, Darkrai and Shaymin and had a good time.

But if we are going to be kicked in the gonads like this and have wait months to pay more for less of a game every time I am not going to support nintendo like this with those games.

Yes I know you can buy the coins, but I enjoy having the CHOICE to play the games or buy the coins, I like the Clefable bonus round music and spent hours on Diamond with those games. I sometimes play the slots to kill time and just have a change of pace from leveling or training. But now I will not get this option.

I am going to need to check but I think events for EU do work on US/Aus games, as long as they are english. if this is the case I am going to import HG/SS, as these games were my favourite and I still wear my pocket pickachu as it is a really fun pedometer!

I know the secret key currently avalible on WFC-Eu works with a USA version of platinum.

I am still waiting for Kirby SuperStar DS but no news on that. And we got the Ace Attourney games in the order of 1,2,4,3 instead of 1,2,3,4 due to european issues.
So unless I *have* to use a UK version to "catch them all" I am going to be going elsewhere for my pokemon games.

Thanks nintendo for the good times, the great times spent through school, 6th form and uni while relaxing with Pokemon and studying. But this is the last straw.

Last edited:

Tomic2505

Expert Trainer
I don't get this. They're removing the gambling stuff, but not all the breeding nor all the animal battles? That's even worse for kids, in my opinion. :/

If u think about it, if they took out animal battling and breeding then they would pretty much destroy the gaming industry. If they took these two fundamentals of pokemon out then what would pokemon be? Nothing and then they would have a reason to remove all the guns and warfare out of FPS' on the Xbox and PS3. So there is your reason, I guess the people who removed the gambling feel that it is more "real" because u are actually gambling in a pokemon game when you go over to the game corner and fork over a few coins and try to win. Unlike in FPS where u are killing but u cant actually physically do it. I personally think they should take the gambling out of the pokemon games.

Jster786

Ace Trainer
Jster786

I have to say that this is one of the saddest things I have every heard of. Kids are not wasting their money in the game...

Roknar

But it's better than drinking alone
Welll luckily I'm in the US anywayz. This is going to hurt pricing though, as some people would import simply for this reason if they enjoy it that much.

Slot machines are alright, it wouldn't be the end of the world if they changed it though. But it would be different from the original.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Welll luckily I'm in the US anywayz. This is going to hurt pricing though, as some people would import simply for this reason if they enjoy it that much.

Slot machines are alright, it wouldn't be the end of the world if they changed it though. But it would be different from the original.

In that case, they'll probably eventually remove it from all versions.