• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HG/SS Slots/Game Corner in ALL English games changed

Marzillius

Okay...

Remember that China has the 'Great Firewall of China' and censors most forms of media. They banned it probably because China might be viewed in a negative way in the game.

Dead Space was not banned, or even censored. Left 4 Dead is not banned, but the sequel is. I'll agree that it is a poor decision, mainly because of our R rating for movies, but not for Video Games, and there is worst stuff on TV. But it's not our say.

Besides, Video Game censorship here in Australia is not as bad as it is made out to be. It is probably 2 out of 10 games that get rated by the OFLC that are banned. Mostly due to excessive violence and sexual themes, but those 2/10 games are games that are pretty bad anyways.

Not out-right banned, just censored to get rid of the swastikas. Understandable, that they want to try and move on from the past. Also, because many of those games portray Germans in a negative way. You wouldn't really want to release a game that insults an entire nation.

Such as...?

Sorry, I just wanted to expand on or correct some of the statements you made.
----------------------------------
On topic: I can kind of agree with them. If you think about the target demographic, it makes sense. The battling and breeding are not worse at all. The 'violence' in Pokemon is essentially the same as Loony Toons violence. Breeding, I doubt young children would grasp the entire concept of breeding anyways.

No, China was actually in a positive light in the game.

Yeah, but some horror games go get banned (just not the ones I mentioned).

Incorrect, games with nazis sometimes gets banned (such as Wolfenstein 3D).

Such as a whole bunch of banned movies, books, TV shows, etc. You get it, don't go around correcting people once you see them write something, it makes you look like an *** (sorry, I'm just being honest).

Honsy

Screaming Narwhal
I was agreeing with you for the first one, I'm just saying; China does get a bit ban-happy.

Not many. Like I said, the censorship here is not as bad as everyone thinks. It's mainly the ones with excessive violence and the 'sick' sexual stuff, Postal, to pull an example out of the air. What horror games are you talking about? I can't think of any horror games that have been banned, except for Silent Hill: Homecoming.

I was speaking for the majority. Some get banned, but they are mostly just censored to get rid of the swastikas.

When I asked 'Such as..." I was genuinely curious, I want some specific examples, because I haven't heard much about banned books and TV shows.

ShinySandshrew

†God Follower†
Say what??

All the Pokémon games has even been banned, in Saudi Arabia because, well, of the gambling and apparently because of promoting Zionism and because it includes evolution.
WHAT??? Pokemon games?? How do they promote Zionism? I have no problem with Jewish people being in Israel, but Jewish people and Israel are not metioned in any Pokemon game that I know of. (There are only a couple that I have not played.)

Last edited:

Marzillius

All the Pokémon games has even been banned, in Saudi Arabia because, well, of the gambling and apparently because of promoting Zionism and because it includes evolution.
QUOTE]

WHAT??? Pokemon games?? How do they promote Zionism? I have no problem with Jewish people being in Israel, but Jewish people and Israel are not metioned in any Pokemon game that I know of. (There are only a couple that I have not played.)

Well, I was just as o_O as you are now, but that's apparently how the King of Saudi Arabia views it...

Savior Star Dragon

Call me Star.
..............................................................................................well, i never played them anyway.

i wonder wat will happen to crystal?

==========================
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
==========================

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
no gambling machines in the european 2th gen remakes...?
oh well, at least we still have the breedingcentre where we can force pokemon to have incest with eachother.

Last edited:

Lucas666

Dragon Trainer
Really... I wish they were doin the same here in canada... because every time that I get there I will want to quit but i get a clefairy and so i think ok after this and then i get like 50-60 in a row and it gets really boring

pichu96

That's so dumb, there just slot machines

Porygon_Rulz

Paciferous Porygon
I don't think Australia would care much, I mean I was around 8 when I bought Gold and nobody could care less about Slot Machines back then...

Doesn't anybody else view it a little hypocritical that Europe is attempting to ban the Game Corner? I know that Italy is not necessarily the model for all nations of the EU, but in Stazione Terminale (their Central Station), the only ads that appeared there where either the Christmas Witch and Santa Claus hugging each other and then going crazy with shopping (twas Christmas time) or non-stop lottery ads. I'm just a bit confused now.

On the other hand, EU has decided to ignore the forced Breeding Programs in the 'Day-Care Centre' as well as the fact that we're capturing animals to make them fight and earn money.

Strangely enough the King of Saudi Arabia goes for 'Zionism' as an excuse for banning Pokemon games. So the Pokemon games are actually subtle propaganda for little kids to convince them into becoming Jewish zealots clamoring for an independent Jewish state. Who knew?

Last edited:

Jirachi-999

Shiny Hunter
I was playing FireRed a couple of days ago, when I realized they changed the "Gambler" trainers to "Gamer". There's one in specific that says "I'm a rambling, gaming dude!"... It doesn't even rhyme anymore.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
oh well, at least we still have the breedingcentre where we can force pokemon to have incest with eachother.

That is so funny, yet so true.

I personally do not think there is anything wrong with Slot Machines. Children aren't going to go out and gamble just because they can do so in an RPG.

MetaPheonixPal

Perhaps Nintendo thinks this will make people become future gamblers?
The other bad things you guys mention you can't really do or will do in real life =P
But this small little game obviously turns you into a future gambler and junk =O