• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HG/SS Slots/Game Corner in ALL English games changed

Blazios

Well, it's better than "It's a Game Machine. Oh, look! You found some Coins from the Not A Slot Machine! How Fortunate!"

Ultimate Glalie

Voltorb Flip sounds very interesting. I have a feeling that I will prefer it to the normal slots.

D

Deleted member 133172

Oh, my, Arceus, what are these guys thinking, even though it is being replaced, slot machines are a classic aspect of any none spin off pokemon game! It may have TINY gambling referances, but honestly, a seven year old playing pokemon isn't gonna become a gambling addict in 10 years.

Edit:What next!? They will make ironix, copperix, metalix, a canix, as well as steelix so they aren't racist to other metals or something

Last edited by a moderator:

BCVM22

Oh, my, Arceus, what are these guys thinking, even though it is being replaced, slot machines are a classic aspect of any none spin off pokemon game! It may have TINY gambling referances, but honestly, a seven year old playing pokemon isn't gonna become a gambling addict in 10 years.

Do we need the Kamehameha wave of text explaining the rationale behind this again?

Edit:What next!? They will make ironix, copperix, metalix, a canix, as well as steelix so they aren't racist to other metals or something

3.5/10

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
Do we need the Kamehameha wave of text explaining the rationale behind this again?

3.5/10
yes I would like to read it, as I feel there was no reason to remove them.

what's next removing remoraid cuz it reference guns?

oh wait!

mantine.png

Last edited:

BCVM22

yes I would like to read it as I feel there was no reason to remove them]

Newsflash, kids: if you were a business that operates on the level that Nintendo and its cluster of second-party developers do, and you had a chance to remove any and all possible squawking about one of your tentpole releases by the special-interest groups, just by removing a slot machine minigame that no one ever uses anyway, guess what? You'd do the exact same damn thing, because the absolute last pain-in-the-keister you want to deal with is the chief high priestess of the soccer moms from Peoria clucking to her fellow hens and to anyone who will listen about how Pokémon inspires gambling. It doesn't matter if it's not true, it doesn't matter if the slot games are harmless, all it takes is one newspaper or television station to try and run with the story on a slow news day and then you've got a PR fire on your hands to try to put out.

If you're the people responsible for a franchise that makes this much money and ends up in the hands of this many kids and you have the opportunity to completely eradicate any and all chance of the aforementioned happening just by removing a useless minigame that no one's going to care about (and don't kid yourself, that's all they've done), you do it yesterday with no questions asked and get on with the rest of your business.

So quit your whining, stop crying about censorship and especially you people who freely admit you've never once bothered with the slots, give it a rest. Find the next big thing to complain about.

Again, you'd do the same thing if you had the view from the top and it were your decision to make and you'd do it without a second thought.

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
In my heart I would stand by my product and explain the harmless of it .

but you are right (for money)

(I miss black jynz...)

ForeverFlame

Sometimes I feel that Pokemon fans complain just for the sake of complaining.

Remoraid-less Mantine and Purple Jynx have literally no effect on the actual gameplay, and neither do the slots. You can still buy coins or earn them by playing minesweeper, so I do believe you owe Nintendo a big thank you for taking the time to replace the slots instead of simply removing them.

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
Sometimes I feel that Pokemon fans complain just for the sake of complaining.

Remoraid-less Mantine and Purple Jynx have literally no effect on the actual gameplay, and neither do the slots. You can still buy coins or earn them by playing minesweeper, so I do believe you owe Nintendo a big thank you for taking the time to replace the slots instead of simply removing them.
I
You are right... we should be happy that the made a remake at all the hard work they do and...ah...screw it....

only complain from and artist point of view(purple made jinx looks gaudy ) I believe that mantine will get an change in the future games

Last edited:

Godric

Petrew Petrew
yes I would like to read it, as I feel there was no reason to remove them.

what's next removing remoraid cuz it reference guns?

oh wait!

mantine.png

I was actually wondering what happened to Remoraid in DPt.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Oh how I love how you destroy people, BCVM22.

In all honestly it's not that big of a deal, if anything it's a new change of pace we should look forward too.

ssilva872

That is pretty messed up, but it doesn't affect me since I never play the slots, just buy coins.

pikalax

Back in the OLDEN days...
I actually like the slots. It's the cornerstone of the Pokemon Game Corner. But I guess Minesweeper is okay. It requires skill and concentration, whereas slots depend on luck alone. My only concern is that the win rate might be too high for some people (75% for me).

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Courtesy of Hiroshi Sotomura of PC forums (who thanks someone who wishes to be anonymous in turn for these), there's screenshots of the new game, as well as a video. (When they said games outside Japan they meant it - same for the Korean version that came out just recently). Follow the link (goes to the forum in question).

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5524746&postcount=61

Rentaline99

who ya gonna call?
Lol watt?

At least the music remains ( but now it doesn't fit the atmosphere ).
I dropped my fork for that one. I had no clue the interior would change, too.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
At least the music remains ( but now it doesn't fit the atmosphere ).
I dropped my fork for that one. I had no clue the interior would change, too.
Well it would make sense. Slots replaced with a flip game, they're not going to leave the slots in

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Wow! The interior looks like a fan club. It would've been better if there were a lot more tables and more people inside. Oh well, there's no use whining over it. Also, it appears that the player in the video doesn't know how to play minesweeper. XD

Anyway, great find! Thanks for the link!

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
Again, you'd do the same thing if you had the view from the top and it were your decision to make and you'd do it without a second thought.
I just had a thought

what if they did that for everything I said to "change things to avoid bad PR"

what if everyone did that?

there would be alot less shows, movies, and games around if they "give in to the media watchdogs" so maybe I would or maybe I would stick to the original as that's not giving in to peer pressure.

EDIT: now that I have seen it it upsets me more. they could have easily made it into an arcade or something that resembles a game-room.

Last edited: