• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HG/SS Slots/Game Corner in ALL English games changed

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

why would they do this? they know poeple who want the slots will just import the games from the US anyway...

It was already stated, due to European Legislation that must have obviously come in some time between DP and Pt's release, so there is nothing Nintendo can do about it, seeing as the games are targeted for children.

Blazios

It was already stated, due to European Legislation that must have obviously come in some time between DP and Pt's release, so there is nothing Nintendo can do about it, seeing as the games are targeted for children.

They could just do what Australia did and raise the rating slightly. As I said before, I know little to no under 7s who play Pokémon, or can even read well enough to play.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
They could just do what Australia did and raise the rating slightly. As I said before, I know little to no under 7s who play Pokémon, or can even read well enough to play.

Few to no under 7s. honestly you wont never get nowhere without good grammar

I'm pretty sure there were people in my class at primary school who played Red and Blue in Year 1.
Besides, if they raised the rating, any children under the age of 7 who want to play Pokémon can just get their parents to buy it for them. It works with GTA and other such games.

As other people said, it's pretty useless to take out slot machines if you still have scratchcards along with the fact slots have been there before.

I'm sure the reasons they made the law is of course (as said) because it's "gambling targeted to children" and the fact that they can cover themselves for anyone who wants to sue them for the same reason, although why a parent would sue over the slots and not the whole ultra-powerful-mutant-animal battles beats me.xD

poke_girl

The Amazing
meh, at least that was a better answer than what I got (you can still get coins from the machines). I'm not too annoyed tbh, but I somehow knew it had to do with European legislation.
In fact, I've found you can find quite a lot of coins in the machines, about 50 each day for me.

You find 50 a lot? :/ Seriously?

Edit: Do they still sell new copys of Diamond and Pearl? Think they'll go back and edit them? :p

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Wow.

The europeans are going nuts.

Sooner or later they come to the realization that capturing wild animals and making them fight for money is wrong.

Chaos Shadow

Eh, not surprising. Although I think it sounds a bit... unnecessary.

COKTAL

<-Newest Shiny!!!
I really don't think that they should. But I do remeber somewhere that once before Nintendo was sued by some 8 year olds that had gambling problems due to the slots. But at that age, the kids probably never even go in there. I don't even remeber going in there when I was 6-7 in R/B/Y. Oh well, sooner or later people will start importing, and the "problem" will come back.

marbig

I believe the reason that the scratch cards were kept in even though the slots were taken out could be because the slots are easy, and make it very difficult for you to lose all of your coins after you learn how to play. This could make children think that real slot machines are similar, when in fact they are not in this sense. The scratch cards on the other hand, show that you're not always going to be a winner.
Just an idea. Either way, it's still stupid.

_Calm|Mind_

Follow the Path
Australia got the slots in Platinum, so we should get them in HG/SS. It's rated PG (equivalent to E10+) over here, for some reason.
lol, back in my days as a young bloke, the games were rated G then G8+. I guess society really is getting softer, not that PG is significant.

xXPorygonXx

Sort of active
Kinda funny actually, that they decided to remove it for Europe. :D But hey, at least it wasn't a super pivotal part of the game that got yanked. And honestly, how many of you actually play the game just for the slots?

AceTrainerTim

Don't really mind. The slots, to me where a bit annoying, I never played them and I had to spend a heap of ingame money to buy enough coins for a simple TM...

tehcip

Don't really mind. The slots, to me where a bit annoying, I never played them and I had to spend a heap of ingame money to buy enough coins for a simple TM...

totally agree!

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
If this is true about Slot Machines won't appear in the remakes that means that Proygon is not obtainable with 9999 GC.
Maybe not - in Platinum you can still get Coins - you just can't play the game. You either find some coins every day in a few slot machines, or you go and buy them. It's likely this will be the case with HG/SS.

Would be one expensive Porygon though - and there's no guarantee that it would stay in as a prize for that price anyway in these remakes.

Phioneranchman

Brock was pushover!
Actually I started playing when I was 4, and Pokemon taught me to read, which is why it holds a special place in my heart.

But really, the slot machines? I don't care, but I do think it's stupid to remove them.

Chaos Shadow

Would be one expensive Porygon though - and there's no guarantee that it would stay in as a prize for that price anyway in these remakes.

In Red/Blue, I played the slots only a couple of times, and wound up purchasing Porygon out of pocket. Granted, I played the Blue version, so Porygon was significantly cheaper (6000 coins instead of 9999), but I still did it that way. If I had any interest in what was being sold in the game corner, I'd probably do the same thing; the slots just aren't that much fun to me.

But, I understand that some people are willing to make a payoff and play the slots to get the coins (instead of dumping loads of money into it), and it seems foolish that they would eliminate the slots. I guess it's because it's an imitatable behavior, but it's still ridiculous.