• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*~ HG/SS Speculation / Idea Thread 2.0 ~*~ [READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 11515

Welcome to the Ideas for the Heart Gold/Soul Silver Thread.

I'm restarting this because well, the rules weren't enforced much in the last thread. However, in this thread, the rules will be enforced heavily!
We want you to put thought in your ideas, not make some retarded one liner just for postcount+ :\​

Rules.

1. Don't spam!
  2. No "Oh that's a good idea" posts.
  3. All posts must be at least three sentences long. Elaborate on your idea, please.
  4. Also, make sure ideas are reasonable. - Posting unreasonable ideas, especially the last two, may get you an infraction (
    redcard.gif
    )!
    • None of this "Calling out attacks" crap
    • There likely won't be trainer customization
    • No, this game won't be completely in 3D
    • No, this game will not have all four regions, or more than 3. It's a remake, not a new game.
    • NO THERE WILL NOT BE ORANGE ISLANDS IN THIS GAME.
  5. Use the SEARCH feature to see if your idea has already been posted! We don't need the same idea posted OVER and OVER and OVER again.
  6. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.
  7. No 5th Gen Speculation. It doesn't go here. :|
  8. No further remake discussion, either.
  9. Don't post fake crap.
    English guy on gamefaqs summarise for me,
    my language very bad! sorry -

- New images for Kanto/Johto Pokemon, DPP images for Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokemon.
    - New PokeGear with phone, radio and new apps. DSi-exclusive camera app you save image to dsi memorys. Gold-Silver versions, you can change at Silph Co. It's backwards compatible with Poketch apps (!).
    0248.png

0252.png

- New DSi app: Pokebox. It's a mini-Pokemon Ranch.
    - Little changes on the story and some gameplay differences. Bug catching, fishing. Sweet honey replaces headbutt.
    - Ho-Oh, Lugia, and the three dogs, just like in the original games.
    - Kanto is available, you can obtain Kanto starters, Mewtwo and the birds. Safari Zone and Cinnabar Island are present.
    - Secret islands and locations for event pokemons: Mew, Deoxys. GS Celebi event is back, though maybe it'll be removed from non-japanese versions...
    - Underground, secret bases, fossils, gems. You can obtain the fossil pokemons at Cinnabar Island.
    - Battle Frontier. After you finish it, you can obtain a Hoenn starter.
    Worth to note there no new pokemon but all pokemon so far available
    and you see but not catch red gyarados this one!
  10. IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.
  11. If you see a post that doesn't follow the rules, use the report button (
    report.gif
    )!
Failure to comply with the rules will result in you receive a warning ([img139]http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/buttons/yellowcard.gif[/img139]) ~

Pokemon Sunday Media

Gameplay from Heart Gold / Soul Silver
All the current screenshots
Chikorita Artwork
Cyndaquil Artwork
Totodile Artwork​

If you have any questions, PM a moderator of the section.
Credit to Cady Heron of PokeCommunity for touching up the Artwork

Last edited by a moderator:

Dabottle

AKA Ados.
What about the balls that aren't in D/P like the moon ball?
What'll Tms be like. I speculate they'll have the D/P Tm's and it will be like this:
Falkner: Pluck
Bugsy: X-Scissor/U-Turn
Whitney:Any normal move I guess
Morty: Shadow Claw
Chuck: Drain Punch
Jasmine:Flash Cannon
Pryce:Avalanche
Claire: Dragon Pulse

Edit: I forgot about pluck and Drain Punch you're right

Will Sinnoh Evos be AVAILABLE?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 11515

All posts must be at least three sentences long. Elaborate on your idea, please.
You will now receive infractions for this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thriller

Its almost time
Roost is too useful of a move to be the first TM you get. Falkner's TM will (hopefully) probably be Pluck.

Bugsy's one should be U-Turn, imo, that move would make a gym battle difficult.

King Wulfharth

Divine Wonder...
I'd like to see the bug catching contest tweaked a bit with more avaliable bug types also have the prizes upgraded but if they choose to do the old items from GSC I wouldn't be to mad if they do add the apricorn balls I'd like to see additions to them but that doesn't seem likely anywho I'd love to see the moon ball and heavy ball make a return.

berober04

I'm not sure exactly to what extent this could work. But what about the Time Capsule?

My Idea is that since the Time Capsule would be redundant in terms of it's original purpose, why not make it an in-game thing. For example, Johto and Kanto aren't that far apart, so why not make the Time Capsule take us back 3 years and see what Johto was like back in the time of FR/LG, maybe even let us do it in Kanto and see the Champion's rise as he went about it from another perspective?

I'm probably way over my head in this idea, but still... that's what I'd do

Adam 1475

Entei > You
Well, they better beef up the gyms, I remember beating Falkner with a sentret using quick attack.
Also, about new forms:
Well, this is, frankly, a bad idea. Notch eared Pichu is NOT a new form. It'll be a gender difference.

Well, that's what came to my mind.
And Bugsy shares the same name as my rabbit..

steven gambee

Johto Master
I would like to see a wifi event where they give out the GS ball. meaning celebi can be obtainable. as for the time capsule. i noticed some people in another thread posting about how the time capsule could be used to transfer unobtainables Ie. new forms to platinum and dp. but why would there be a time capsule? there is evidance tht supports the fact that the second generation games happened in around the same time the forth generation games did. so no need of a time capsule.

Java-wolf

Supports Buizel&Ash
In regards to the possibility of an underground in these remakes. I will only be slightly surprised if it happens. The underground was met with a lot of success. However if there is one it will be a very large underground in comparison to Sinnoh. I have a feeling if it is included it will only be in one region, or not take up all the space of land as it did in sinnoh.

I do, however think there will be an equivalent to the GTS. Now that they have introduced this way of wifi trading it would be foolish to take it away just for the benefit of keeping this remake true as possible to the original. I think there are very few who would complain on the inclusion of a GTS-like building.

The apricorns will remain. I am very confident they would not take out such a major piece of these games. Apricorns were one of the main elements of GS just as much as the unown caves were. They will not be removed. The most logical fix would be that pokemon traded over in these balls to the DPP games will suffer a ball swap for either the normal poke ball or the Pal Park gold and silver balls.

As to this new breeding thing. was this confirmed or just speculation? I'm confused as to which it was. If it is confirmed I doubt it will be for every breedable pokemon. perhaps just those of the 'baby pokemon' category will sport these defects or whatever they are. That would explain the notched ear pichu, if it is not merely the new female pichu sprite for the HGSS games. If it is speculation, as much as I would love it I don't see it happening. It would be rather sad to have such unique pokemon lose their special attributes because of incompatibility with DPP sprites. but ah well. we shall see.

Jigglypuff5000

On the subject of Apricorns, I think they'll either be revamped to make the similar later Pokeballs the result instead or the Apricorns will only work within these two games [as stuff like the Oak's Letter and stuff are already on the cart but locked, and aren't downloaded from a server somewhere, IIRC?]

Now, if these games had DSi exclusive content [like that camera titbit from the fake info, which personally I think will be true in some similar fashion], or were the first DSi games proper, then I'm sure they could be patched. Possibly.

I'm sure someone with a DSi and / or who knows its innards well could hypothese a more stronger case towards or against that possibility, though.

I personally would like to see the Apricorn balls back as they were, with the newer Pokeballs sold there or elsewhere. They were one of the first new gameplay and visual flavours that Johto brought, after all. xD

BCVM22

As to this new breeding thing. was this confirmed or just speculation?

It's nothing more than speculation for now. The source is the same message board poster from elsewhere who claimed to have "inside information" that, of course, he didn't reveal until after the actual announcement. The best advice is to ignore it for now and if it is proven to be factual, you'll see it and hear it from far more reliable sources.

DryBones

Event Collector
Probably just me but the Night/Dark in the original G/S/C seemed 'better' than the current scheme used in D/P/Pt.

It's hard to explain but I prefferred it in GSC for some reason, just seemed nicer. The nightime seemed darker and what not rather than having this Dawn/Daytime/Dusk/Evening/Nightime rubbish.

Brandon96

Dark Trainer
I'd like to see the bug catching contest tweaked a bit with more avaliable bug types also have the prizes upgraded but if they choose to do the old items from GSC I wouldn't be to mad if they do add the apricorn balls I'd like to see additions to them but that doesn't seem likely anywho I'd love to see the moon ball and heavy ball make a return.

Yea, the bug contest can be improved. I think they should make it a wireless connection activity to play with your friends somehow. I guess they could make it wi-fi, but I think that is a bit too much. And about the apricorn balls, I don't know how they could keep the old pokeballs, because I don't think they are programed into DPPt. They just might have to make them into the newer ones.

I was wondering if they will make two extra Komori (or whatever they're called) girls who have Glaceon and Leafeon. Maybe not where the original 5 were, but maybe training somewhere together after you get the National dex.

TheSpleen

New forms (forms not formes, where did that come from anyway? That's not even like the UK spelling or anything as far as I know) aren't likely, and especially not of Lugia or Ho-oh, and I'm sick of seeing it suggested. Shellos / Gastrodon shapes would make sense but that's not really new forms, just new sprites. And even then, that would assume that they would include wild ones, which seems unlikely to me. I've never bred Shellos but I assume that the egg inherits form from the parent rather than based on where it is hatched. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, I see a lot of people saying that they think and/or hope that newer pokemon won't be included - does this seriously make sense to anyone? All existing pokemon will be there. Catchable in the wild? Probably not. Unable to be evolved to or traded to until after the Elite 4? Stupid but possible, seeing as how they did it in FR/LG.

Pokegear will undoubtedly be on the bottom screen, and more than likely have apps like the Poketch did. A lot of people didn't like the "useless" apps like the timer or the coin flip, but I personally would welcome the return of every app with the exception of that weird scramble-the-picture thing.

Something I've not seen anyone bring up yet - the bike. Would we get the newer style of bike from D/P/Pt, with the speed settings, or the classic, slower bike? Or (and I'm not saying this is likely), the dual-style bikes from R/S/E?

Alakazammed

WiFi Possibility?

Ok... My first post ever; dont scream when i mess up.

I think there should be someway to chat with your friends using wifi *While* you're Playing the game. For example: You start the game and you are prompted: "Play with Wi-fi Connection?" You hit yes, and on one of the PokeGear/Poketech apps, you have a list of friends connected to wifi, and a mini-keyboard to chat with them. Does anyone else like this idea, or is it completely implausible?

BCVM22

New forms (forms not formes, where did that come from anyway? That's not even like the UK spelling or anything as far as I know)

Idiosyncratic as it may seem, "forme" is the official style for the word per Nintendo's publicity materials. I'm not quite sure why either. Regardless, "forme" is correct.

Last edited:

marbig

Maybe you will be able to go into the Pokemon menu, select a Pokemon, and then select an option like "Send-out", whenever you're walking about freely. You could then have a Pokemon (within reason) following you, like in the teaser shown. Maybe not, maybe having a Pokemon follow you only happens at the beginning of the game, but if you could choose to take out a Pokemon and have it follow you, a handy feature could be that if it knew an HM move, and you walked into the situation where you would want to use it; eg. trying to walk into the sea with a Pokemon that knew Surf, then it would automatically use that move, ultimately saving you about half a second. Pointless? What about those times when you have to smash a lot of rocks, and you're getting annoyed of pressing 'A' a bunch of times.
Plus, it would look cool. =)

The bug-catching contest? Oh it would be fun for wireless com.

The Kurt balls will obviously be making a return. This is a remake btw. All poke balls will be programmed in HGSS because of the traded Pokemon that were caught in DPPt. Eg. a Bidoof in a Dusk Ball being traded over to HGSS. The Ball's sprite will be programmed into the game. It wouldn't make sense to leave it all out.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

What about the balls that aren't in D/P like the moon ball?[/size][/B]

Wow a V.2 thread ALREADY? 0.0.
Anyway, on the subject of Apricorns, here is my idea:
Red Apricorn: Repeat Ball
Blue Apricorn: Net Ball
Yellow Apricorn: Quick Ball
Green Apricorn: Nest Ball
Pink Apricorn: Heal Ball
White Apricorn: Timer Ball
Black Apricorn: Luxury Ball

Sure, some of the effects such as the Heavy Ball and Moon Ball are missing, however, unless all the new balls showed up on DPt as either Pokeballs or Park Balls, it wouldn't be likely that they would be in the new games, due to the lack of them being in DPt's code (even though there IS Johto location data, why didn't they put the ball data in too?). I decided here to match up the balls with the colour of the apricorn instead of effect, as getting a Quick Ball (Blue and Yellow) out of a White Apricorn, would be a bit weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.