• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*~ HG/SS Speculation / Idea Thread 2.0 ~*~ [READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

BenMorrissey

No. The Japanese release hasn't been announced yet. So no one can know. The only thing we have is Fall. Everything else is just guesses.

A guy on these forums did a translation of a page from Nintendo, and it said that the release in Japan is Autumn 2009, so that's Anywhere between August and december (yes I know December is Winter, but I'm basing it on the two opposites, the earliest release date and latest release date).

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
A guy on these forums did a translation of a page from Nintendo, and it said that the release in Japan is Autumn 2009, so that's Anywhere between August and december (yes I know December is Winter, but I'm basing it on the two opposites, the earliest release date and latest release date).

Release dates can obviously be pushed back, so I think December is reasonable as a fallback. But that would be the absolute latest...
I'm strongly presuming, if the localization follows the previously set trends for Pokemon games, that the US release date will be sometime in April or May. So about... an entire year from now :(
Unless you import and ruin the fun from the game

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
On a recent blog by gamefreak while they stated its a remake its actually going to be a bit more then a remake. Its actually being compared to a new game all together. While yes it is indeed a new game for the handheld this doesn't mean a new game as it has never existed in a game but a new game in the sense that this is the same Johto but this time we upped the ante. And I believe this statement true thanks to them revealing this has been around since DP.

What you just said made little sense... but I might have gotten the gist of it. And FR/LG was also not just a straight remake, they added some things to that as well. And as far as I'm concerned the same will remain true with HG/SS.

On Nintendo's page it says Fall, there is no need for translation. It says it in English O_O

September sounds likely, since that is the ten year anniversary, but there is no proof of it. That's all I was getting at.

Rhinne

No we don't receive updates from the Wii... o_O

And no we wont receive an update for D/P/P.

Of course we do OwO. We'll get the platinum update for pokemon ranch, so isn't it plausible that we could get some kind of update on our Ds' for Platinum? We can receive wondercards afterall.

There are differences between good ideas and bad ideas. Bad ideas need to be shot down. People will never learn if they aren't.

This is a speculation thread, so nobody knows what'll happen just yet. Nintendo have surprised us before. You shouldn't 'shoot down' other people's ideas like they're children who need to be taught a lesson; everybody deserves to voice their ideas.

I like the idea of trainer customisation; although I don't think it'll be available any time soon.. if ever. But it would be nice. I expect we'll still be able to change the way our trainer appears to other players over the wifi. (eg; we can appear as an ace trainer, beauty, etc in DPP)

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
On Nintendo's page it says Fall, there is no need for translation. It says it in English O_O

September sounds likely, since that is the ten year anniversary, but there is no proof of it. That's all I was getting at.
November is the anniversary November. It worked a little different then.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
November is the anniversary November. It worked a little different then.

Sorry, thought it was September. In any event, the montht hat it turns ten on is the month that I think is the most likely candidate for the release. Sound good? xD

That still doesn't change the fact we have no concrete release date, or even month, right now.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
I would assume that it would released on these dates
Japan November 21st
America March 2010
Europe May 2010

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Sorry, thought it was September. In any event, the montht hat it turns ten on is the month that I think is the most likely candidate for the release. Sound good? xD

That still doesn't change the fact we have no concrete release date, or even month, right now.
Actually contrary to popular belief Serebii has brought up a good point. September 19th marks the release of the Johto starter figurines. Now then in 2004 as with the Johto starters the kanto starters popped up as figurines for no reason whatsoever on a random date. This brings me to believe release date=september 19th=release of Johto figurines.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Actually contrary to popular belief Serebii has brought up a good point. September 19th marks the release of the Johto starter figurines. Now then in 2004 as with the Johto starters the kanto starters popped up as figurines for no reason whatsoever on a random date. This brings me to believe release date=september 19th=release of Johto figurines.

The games don't have to be released on the same day as the figurines. The figurines could be used as advertising tools to let those people that may not follow game magazines (such as people who were fans of Pokemon until R/S/E) or something that these games are going to come out.

Mawile412

Problem
is anyone else excited about exploring a revamped Johto? I can't wait to see things like the radio tower and the sprout tower. =D.

Poliwagged

Hey you know, with the announcement that it's been in development since D/P, who knows. Maybe they might pull an epic and have a simultaneous world release as they could very well be doing localization/translation right now.

Mawile412

Problem
Hey you know, with the announcement that it's been in development since D/P, who knows. Maybe they might pull an epic and have a simultaneous world release as they could very well be doing localization/translation right now.

This sounds cool but i think it's highly unlikley. But im not saying it's not possible =D

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit

It would be great if they did but I doubt it

Sailor Saturn

Master of Silence

If only. I would love to only have to wait until fall to get it here in the States (other than importing). I'm kind of excited hearing the news that it will be "more than a remake". Don't get me wrong, I do want the games to be like the originals. But some new features, expansions, etc. will be great.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

Practically all Pokemon games are in development for that long, there is nothing exceptional about this one. There wont be a world wide release. Japan will always be first.

I'm kind of excited hearing the news that it will be "more than a remake".

FR/LG were 'more than a remake' as well.

Mawile412

Problem
^^ FR/LG were the same as R/B until you got the seventh badge. then you went to the sevii islands. They didn't add much besides that. I hope for johto they will add more than what they did with kanto. but if not , ill still have a fun time playing in my favorite region in pokemon ;)

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
^^ FR/LG were the same as R/B until you got the seventh badge. then you went to the sevii islands. They didn't add much besides that. I hope for johto they will add more than what they did with kanto. but if not , ill still have a fun time playing in my favorite region in pokemon ;)

They wont add more stuff to Johto. What they mean by more than a remake is just that things will be added. Most likely these things will be post game. There will obviously be other minor differences, but other than that everything will be similar.

Mawile412

Problem
oh well. i didnt really want johto to change much anyway. :p But i guess that means they will update kanto in the remakes? I'll be happy with that. Kanto never really seemed like a whole region in the original g/s games. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.