• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*~ HG/SS Speculation / Idea Thread 2.0 ~*~ [READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

m190049

Local psychopath
Originally you started with a Dex of all 251, there was nothing you needed to do. It was reversed though. All the Johto Pokemon came first and then it moved on to Kanto if I remember correctly.
You remember incorrectly. The order was stylizied, mostly determined by when you see them. See here.

We receive updates for the wii (pokemon ranch for example) with the DS' wifi capabilities, is it possible that we could receive an update for DPP after the HGSS games come out?
That way we could keep up to date with any new updates?

When they first introduced the breeding in GSC I thought it'd be cool if we could breed specific traits? Perhaps in this game we could breed pokemon with specific features?
Or mix pokemon? It'd be really cool if we could breed two different species and get a new species! That's where an online update for DPP would come in handy..

Um.. yeah. I guess that's very unlikely, huh? But it's fun to speculate. :D
Not outside of Japan. =/
And even than, DS games aren't capable of getting new data and such like that, like Wii Games are.

New Pokemon? Not in a remake. -.-
Do you guys think that you'll be able to immediately trade with Diamond or Platinum? I'm trying to decide on a team, and this is the only thing stopping me from finalizing.
More likely not than yes.

On a recent blog by gamefreak while they stated its a remake its actually going to be a bit more then a remake. Its actually being compared to a new game all together. While yes it is indeed a new game for the handheld this doesn't mean a new game as it has never existed in a game but a new game in the sense that this is the same Johto but this time we upped the ante.
This is just figurative marketing hype.

Of course we do OwO. We'll get the platinum update for pokemon ranch, so isn't it plausible that we could get some kind of update on our Ds' for Platinum? We can receive wondercards afterall.

This is a speculation thread, so nobody knows what'll happen just yet. Nintendo have surprised us before. You shouldn't 'shoot down' other people's ideas like they're children who need to be taught a lesson; everybody deserves to voice their ideas.
Wondercards aren't DLC. Really, they are "customizable cards".
You take a Wondercard, attach an Item/Pokemon/Etc. on it as a "gift".
You add whatever text you want to to them. And viola. A wondercard.
They're not brand new content inserted into the game.

Everybody should be able to voice their ideas. Americans should be able to burn the American flag as a sign of repent. People should be able to claim death threats on public officials. These are all ways of people speaking their minds. But many forms of this are illegal, and others are just generally wrong things to do.

There are limits on there things. If someone hypothetically posts a downright idiotic idea, they need to be told so. If we just let these pass by eventually we just get more and more of this and before we know it, there's just tons of comments saying "MAYBE THEY WILL INCLUDE A NEW REGION AND HAVE 24 BADGES IN THE GAME LOLOLOL" and such to that effect.

is anyone else excited about exploring a revamped Johto? I can't wait to see things like the radio tower and the sprout tower. =D.
No. Nobody else is excited to see the new Johto. Just you. Nobody else really cares, honestly.

Duh.

Yes.

sorry double post.
....Why don't you delete the post then. -__-

Hey you know, with the announcement that it's been in development since D/P, who knows. Maybe they might pull an epic and have a simultaneous world release as they could very well be doing localization/translation right now.
The games weren't LITERALLY being worked on since D/P. That's kind of exaggerating a little. Really, what it is is that the games were around the concept and idea stage when D/P was finished and ready to be sold, yet not yet released. It's kind of exaggerated detailing- It's done all the time.

Last edited:

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
I'm hoping for a Spring release. The time were I get spring break away from exams and can tottaly relax without stress.

Do you think they will do anything new with the Pokedex? In Fr/Lg they had that whole field,urban type thing which wasn't carried onto any other Pokedex. So do you think GSDS will get anything like that?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
You remember incorrectly. The order was stylizied, mostly determined by when you see them. See here.

At the very least I was half right xD

I'm hoping for a Spring release. The time were I get spring break away from exams and can tottaly relax without stress.

Do you think they will do anything new with the Pokedex? In Fr/Lg they had that whole field,urban type thing which wasn't carried onto any other Pokedex. So do you think GSDS will get anything like that?

Chances are very good that it will be a Spring release.

I really don't know if they'll do something new to the PokeDex such as FR/LG did. What FR/LG had was pretty cool, if not generally useless. It was a nice touch but didn't really help you in any way. Having the types next to Pokemon names was helpful... kinda o_O

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
i am aware of that

NEGATIVE MAN

let me have my outlet.
Sometimes life requires negativity. Most times anything can be made positive, i.e. Half-full Half-empty. Anywho... :)

Judging that they go on the same schedule they have for Gens 3 and 4 it will be during the springtime (11 or 12 months) until it will arrive on US soil. Seems long, but don't worry :D

Secondly, I think that that stupid Pokedex addition deserved to be scrapped.

Mawile412

Problem

Well they brought back the thing where you enter a place and a picture of the place is showed(You noe what i mean). So maybe they'll bring this back. I didn't really care about it.

BCVM22

Judging that they go on the same schedule they have for Gens 3 and 4 it will be during the springtime (11 or 12 months) until it will arrive on US soil.

September-November to March-May isn't 11-12 months. 11-12 months wasn't the turnaround time for the 3rd gen and previous 4th gen games. Fall to spring isn't a full year.

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
September-November to March-May isn't 11-12 months. 11-12 months wasn't the turnaround time for the 3rd gen and previous 4th gen games. Fall to spring isn't a full year.
I do apologize if I wasn't clear. I meant that it will be 11 to 12 months from this moment in time.

m190049

Local psychopath
i am aware of that

NEGATIVE MAN

let me have my outlet.
...Me?

Seeing how D/P & Pt both had fall releases, and than spring releases in the US... It seems like that will happen.

*Shrugs*.
They might... It's not too necessary a feature, although the last remake had it. They might do it again, for the fact that, as said by some Game Freak programmer, "the fans may be curious about the habitats of Pokemon from the 4th generation". They may do it or something similar for fun...

It's not really a debatable feature. Just... "If they feel like it."

At the very least I was half right xD
Uh... I guess...?

I really don't know if they'll do something new to the PokeDex such as FR/LG did. What FR/LG had was pretty cool, if not generally useless. It was a nice touch but didn't really help you in any way. Having the types next to Pokemon names was helpful... kinda o_O
Well... The Johto Pokedex was pretty strange in itself, with a few cool features. So they may give it something...

I can easily see a copy+paste of D/P/Pt's Pokedex (Just in a different palette. Just like how Platinum changed colors...), so... eh.

I assume they mean from now.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
They might... It's not too necessary a feature, although the last remake had it. They might do it again, for the fact that, as said by some Game Freak programmer, "the fans may be curious about the habitats of Pokemon from the 4th generation". They may do it or something similar for fun...

It's not really a debatable feature. Just... "If they feel like it."

Very true. It doesn't add anything helpful, so in that regard you could debate that it's too useless to be put back in. But again, they added in FR/LG, and them removed it. For a reason maybe?

Although, the evolution chart was cool, but only because of everything they screwed up. I seem to recall Dodrio evolving into Gyarados or something along those lines.

hevver

Heart of Darkness
There are limits on there things. If someone hypothetically posts a downright idiotic idea, they need to be told so. If we just let these pass by eventually we just get more and more of this and before we know it, there's just tons of comments saying "MAYBE THEY WILL INCLUDE A NEW REGION AND HAVE 24 BADGES IN THE GAME LOLOLOL" and such to that effect.

No. Nobody else is excited to see the new Johto. Just you. Nobody else really cares, honestly.

Duh.

Yes.

....Why don't you delete the post than. -__-

You utilized the incorrect term for then.
And I laughed out loud when you said "24 BADGES LOLOLOL."
That would be kinda cool though.

spyroflame0487

Kind of a big deal
Hmm..Is it safe to assume that the Unown dex will be making a return? I wasn't all that happy with it then, and I kinda like the way that DPt uses the "See other Forms" feature.

I'm also guessing that the upstairs to Elm's lab is some sort of lookout area? If these people can figure out how to trap creatures in spheres, why can't they find a better delivery route than sending a ten year old child into the woods to get a egg?

I *PRAY* we won't have to go through a whole storyline to get something in order to trade with DPt. I can just see them doing the same thing where a friend of Bill's just *happens* to show up a be all "ZOMG! I maek awesome thing to trade with other region! Needs moar power, though. Get Diamond and Pearls to finish, not electrical Pokemon that could charge it...". I'd really like to have a nice team well thought ahead. That's what annoyed me about FRLG....and it didn't help that Gary MotherF-in' Oak was there...Now we're gonna deal with a Ginger? (Oh...I'm a ginger kid..wait..)

Now, I question what's gonna be the fate of a lot of items that were in GS? Namely, the Slowpoketail, Gold/Silver Leaves (anyone remember them? XP..), and my favorite item The Berserk Gene. Obviously, they aren't important to the gameplay or anything, but they couldn't be tradeable..right?

Ekypsekim

m190049 you need to STFU. your stupid NAGGING posts at EVERY DAYMN POST in this thread is pissing me the **** off, is your life that pathetetic that you bone off on everybody, holy ****.....ANYWAY

on to my post
and speculacion.'

1. I believe....that we can walk around with fully evolved starter.

2. Correct me if I'm wrong (m1904900, you ugly sack) but arent you allowed to bring in fulled evolved starters in the Amity Square? So yea the sprites are BUILT in heck yesh

3. This is a remake, but I think its gonna be like Fr/LG, where we get new areas for things such as Poffin New Pokemon, Trading...etc.

So yea, I think We'll Get kanto, Johto, and some sort of new islands. (NOT THE ORANGE ISLAND, dont even get me started on that, because that is in THE ANIME)

So yes. I think the rule at the beginning of this thread (where it says youll be get banned for even mentioning visited Hoenn) is a retarded *** rule. This is a SPECULATION thread, where ANYTHING can happen. Cmon moderators, give me a break that you know for sure we ARENT going to hoenn, its possible.

Gamefreak knows people have wanted this game for 10 years so whats stopping them from including as much as they can?

Also, can someone fill me in on the size of the DS kart? I heard somewhere it was 12 MB? But that seems SO SMALL, so I justed wanted a lil clarifacacion yaddidimean

hevver

Heart of Darkness
It's just a typo, who cares?

It's apparent and incredibly obvious that I care.
It is these kinds of things that really frustrates me.
I always always see then and than interchangeably utilized.
They're not the same! It's making the next generation fall into
the dark abyss of oblivion making them dumber than they already are.

No, it wouldn't, really. All the regions would be incredibly small and gimped.

Oh you don't have to agree with me.
I know it's cool and you don't have to
agree with me. It's called an opinion.

And, one last thing, I think the trees
around that "mysterious" building everyone is
arguing about are trees that recently started to bloom
after a fire. Kinda like fireweeds in Alaska, but yellow and are on trees.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Why Splash? And what would you trade in return for this? There probably won't be an underground.. so no shards. Tinymushrooms? Battle Points?
Splash has an effect in contest, plus it would just be funny. Imagine if every Pokemon except Weedle was compatible with a Splash move tutor (no Weedle because it holds the distinct and dubious honor of being unable to learn any Normal moves, and being the only Pokemon like this)....

HO-OH used Splash!
GARCHOMP used Splash!
MEWTWO used Splash!
SALAMENCE used Splash!
ARCEUS used Splash!
GROUDON used Splash!
EXEGGUTOR used Splash!

...Tell me none of that made you laugh.

As for what to trade for them.... I'm thinking free the first time, and maybe actually pay money for any subsequent teachings. Either that or berries.

BCVM22

m190049 you need to STFU. your stupid NAGGING posts at EVERY DAYMN POST in this thread is pissing me the **** off, is your life that pathetetic that you bone off on everybody, holy ****.....ANYWAY

Maybe if people would just use some goddamn common sense it wouldn't be necessary. This isn't a speculation thread - it's a throw random crap at the wall thread and then whine like a stuck pig when, heaven forbid, somebody points that out continually. That your response is to try and female dog somebody out when they do is quite indicative of the problem.

So yes. I think the rule at the beginning of this thread (where it says youll be get banned for even mentioning visited Hoenn) is a retarded *** rule. This is a SPECULATION thread, where ANYTHING can happen. Cmon moderators, give me a break that you know for sure we ARENT going to hoenn, its possible.

Again, heaven forbid there's some ruling in favor of common sense. People should just be able to crap out every random idea they want, regardless of how impossible or stupid it might seem. Again, that's not a speculation thread - it's a glunky miasma of pointlessness.

Keep pushing the STOP KILLING OUR BUZZ and crying like a small child if you like.

mew-the original

Binchsquatch
So, we all know that Whirlpool probably wont be an HM move here, unlike G/S/C who used it to get to the Whrilpool Islands. My idea is to treat Whirlpool just like Teleport, Softboil, dig, ect. Where you can use it outside of battle despite it not being an HM. That's the best solution I can think of...

Status
Not open for further replies.