• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*~ HG/SS Speculation / Idea Thread 2.0 ~*~ [READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

dannydstk

so i was playing platinum last night and i realized the shrine in illex forest is the same as in celestic town(pardon my possible spelling errors) im not really sure that it would be anything specific probably just reused data but it was still interesting to me that a shrine to a very legendary pokemon like celebi would have a duplicate to a completly different pokemon

so i was playing platinum last night and i realized the shrine in illex forest is the same as in celestic town(pardon my possible spelling errors) im not really sure that it would be anything specific probably just reused data but it was still interesting to me that a shrine to a very legendary pokemon like celebi would have a duplicate to a completly different pokemon

It's just your average Japanese shrine, there's not special about it.

HERLS

LOLOLOL

It's much smaller, but you're right, the shrine uses the same poly model as the one from Celestic Town. The reason? Laziness. Same reason why most of the trees are identical to DPPt ones. I do hope they're just placeholders though, because I want to see lots of Japanese-themed trees (like in the Ecruteak picture) and a good old-fashioned brown wooden shrine.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
It's much smaller, but you're right, the shrine uses the same poly model as the one from Celestic Town. The reason? Laziness. Same reason why most of the trees are identical to DPPt ones. I do hope they're just placeholders though, because I want to see lots of Japanese-themed trees (like in the Ecruteak picture) and a good old-fashioned brown wooden shrine.
The trees while very same to the conifer trees in Pt(I have no idea where people find them in DP) are very different as they have a less serious and realistic coloring. And anyway 3 years in close to completion and they are going to give a damn if people think they are the same to the Pt ones?

Mawile412

Problem
I had a quick question. Was there a battle Tower in FR/LG? i dont really remember it :/ Anyway the trees might be the same because this is still generation IV. So i guess that makes sense.

HERLS

LOLOLOL
I had a quick question. Was there a battle Tower in FR/LG? i dont really remember it :/ Anyway the trees might be the same because this is still generation IV. So i guess that makes sense.

Seven Island. There was a battle tower there.

Saph

Rapscallion
It wasn't actually a Battle Tower. It was called the Trainer Tower, and the trainers were set, not random.

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
It was the same over and over. If I remember correctly, the Battle Tower that first implemented random Pokemon was the Frontier of Emerald.
Trainer Tower < Battle Tower

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Back on REAL track:
I wonder if they're going to add the Wi-Fi room like they did in platinum with maybe new minigames to go play. That would be fun. :)

Yeah, they'll probably keep things like that. I'd like them too, they can be pretty fun if you're bored.

The song of lugia from pokemon movie 2000 should be played as Legendary Pokemon Encounter Theme for lugia only and the rest as normal.

That wont happen. It just wont.

I direct you to this:

It's just your average Japanese shrine, there's not special about it.

It was the same over and over. If I remember correctly, the Battle Tower that first implemented random Pokemon was the Frontier of Emerald.
Trainer Tower < Battle Tower

You do not remember correctly. Crystal had the first random Battle Tower. Right next to Olivine. And even if it wasn't Crystal it was R/S.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Crystal was the first to have a battle tower and everything was rechanged including the Dragon's Den.

No, everything was not changed. there really wasn't much that changed at all. From what I remember I think they changed the first Ice Path puzzle, and they altered Dragon's Den slightly. Other that that it is all pretty much the same.

m190049

Local psychopath
And now, I bring you... Me replying to everything that I feel hasn't been properly commented on!
*Flashing lights*
Staring, me! With co-host, this sock puppet!

You utilized the incorrect term for then.
BLARG.

No, it wouldn't, really. All the regions would be incredibly small and gimped.
Not necesarily. The DS has the space to probably fit about 4 full sized regions in it (with the same 3D as Sinnoh & Johto do).

Hmm..Is it safe to assume that the Unown dex will be making a return? I wasn't all that happy with it then, and I kinda like the way that DPt uses the "See other Forms" feature.
Possibly, actually. Unlike D/P/Pt, there were messages on the Unknown Dex.
More Info.

I'm also guessing that the upstairs to Elm's lab is some sort of lookout area? If these people can figure out how to trap creatures in spheres, why can't they find a better delivery route than sending a ten year old child into the woods to get a egg?
A lookout...? It doesn't exactly look quite high enough for that...

Now, I question what's gonna be the fate of a lot of items that were in GS? Namely, the Slowpoketail, Gold/Silver Leaves (anyone remember them? XP..), and my favorite item The Berserk Gene. Obviously, they aren't important to the gameplay or anything, but they couldn't be tradeable..right?
I can easilly see a removal of them. They weren't really that memorable.

m190049 you need to STFU.
No thanks.
is your life that pathetetic that you bone off on everybody, holy ****.....ANYWAY
...bone off? ...Excuse me, but... What?

2. Correct me if I'm wrong (m1904900, you ugly sack) but arent you allowed to bring in fulled evolved starters in the Amity Square? So yea the sprites are BUILT in heck yesh
Yes, you can bring the fully evolved Sinnoh starters You were correct. ^^
Amitytorterra.png
Amityinfernape.png
Amityempoleon.png

Oh, and reported for flaming, btw.
I think the rule at the beginning of this thread (where it says youll be get banned for even mentioning visited Hoenn) is a retarded *** rule. This is a SPECULATION thread, where ANYTHING can happen. Cmon moderators, give me a break that you know for sure we ARENT going to hoenn, its possible.
Because it's HearGold ans SoulSilver.
Not RubyGold ans SapphireSilver.
Why would they include a future generation's region appear in a past game? It's not like they charge more for it. They'd just be giving away the potential ability of making R/S remakes in a few years. And face it, Game Freak is a company. Their goal is to make money.

Gamefreak knows people have wanted this game for 10 years so whats stopping them from including as much as they can?
...The games haven't even been out for 10 years until a few months from now. And even than... We wanted remakes of the game since it was released? We haven't really wanted remakes until a few years ago, when Fr/Lg came out.

It's apparent and incredibly obvious that I care.
It is these kinds of things that really frustrates me.
I always always see then and than interchangeably utilized.
They're not the same! It's making the next generation fall into
the dark abyss of oblivion making them dumber than they already are.
Just another habbit... Due to my semi-accent. I usually say "than" rather than- er... I mean then "then"...
...Wait, I confused myself.

Oh you don't have to agree with me.
I know it's cool and you don't have to
agree with me. It's called an opinion.

And, one last thing, I think the trees
around that "mysterious" building everyone is
arguing about are trees that recently started to bloom
after a fire. Kinda like fireweeds in Alaska, but yellow and are on trees.
That actually makes quite a bit of sence.
If it weren't for people like m190049 this thread would have probably flown straight off course and become a giant fanfic by now.
Thanks, actually.
@ BVCWhatever
- .-

but who are you to sort between whats "common sense" and crap...
...Who ISN'T he? Do you know what Common Sence IS? Really, any person in the world (although possibly including those with mental illnesses) has the right to deem what is common sense. Because, that's really what it IS. A standard, as defined by civilization. Which includes BCVM22.

Close your face. This is discussion about a childs video game, on a childs video platform system. No adult issues here. (maturity yes, a different subject)
If the DS is for small little kids, why is there a Grand Theft Auto game on it? =/
The DS is directed at all ages. And actually, Pokemon was intended to be as well.
It's actually directed at those from about ages 3 to about 20/30/40.
It's just that, when making the anime, they had to keep the standards low to keep the younger audience. This unfortunately ended up alienating the older audience. Although it's surely still seen.

And @MegaNumNum
...MegaNumNum? o_O

and if you haven't known the Sevii Islands are technically a region. Just the translation lost that part. So if you had Sevii Kanto and Johto there you go 3 regions.
Actually, the Japanese game signs it off as an archipelago. It's an area of it's own, but it's not quite a region. Like the Orange Islands from the anime.

So please drop the whole 3 region thing and stop trying to break through the logical minds of meganium BVCM22 and M14009(or whatever) because you won't.
...Just to be sure, that wasn't sarcasm, right?
And btw, to all people in this thread... You can call me m19 for short.
(Hm... I should probably put that in my sig, or as my title...)
Also, I know it's a remake and not redo, but I hope they put in contests. Contests are a nice time waster in between training. And I hope they put in a battle tower. It was originally introduced in gs afterall! So I'll be pretty disappointed if they don't. (even though that won't stop me from buying the game anyway XD)
Ignoring the skateboard bit...

I can see a contest hall being added in somewhere in the new area, or fitted in a bigger town such as Celedon or Goldenrod.

They probably will keep the Battle Tower just for the sake of it. Either, where it was when it debuted in Crystal, or, again, in a new area.

i would like to see this version go to all regions and harder battles
...No comment.

Its just a simple hill.
Aww. No sarcastically humerous statement?

It would make sense to add Hoenn. Yes, it is across the sea, but it would add longetivity to the game, and the longer people play the game, the more time Game Freak and Nintendo have to make a new one. However, Johto and Kanto are obviously going to be the only regions in these games.
It would "give them more time to make a new one"? It's not like Game Freak and Nintendo are obligated to make a new game every time someone finishes the old one...

I dunno if it will be called an Unown Dex, but it could be that we're just ableto view all it's forms.... Or wasn't that what the Unown Dex was?
That, and a couple other things.
Check out the link I posted above...

The Berserk Gene is in FR/LG I think. So that's not a problem, I don't think you can ever actually get SlowpokeTails, can you? Basically, anything that isn't needed probably just wont be included.
The Berserk Gene was exclusive to G/S/C.

And yes, you could buy Slowpoke Tails. Though they were useless (like Stardust & Nuggets). You could get them in that shop where TR's generator was located (although only before Lance attacks them. After that, you'll never be able to get them again).

Can't handle some criticising your ideas? People are entitled to tell someone they are wrong, especially when they post stupid ideas. If you can't accept that, then leave.
That's a bit mean, no? =/

Yes, they're built in to D/P/P, for one area. But that doesn't mean that in this game, one entirely different with DIFFERENT sprites, that we'll be able to do the same thing.
But why would they downgrade from a past installment?

And then, like SecretPower, you could just go get it again. But regardless they can't do that, because it would mean adding another TM. It makes more sense to make it an HM again.
He's saying, say you cleared the whirlpool, than went inside and leveled up (and gained a new move, which you replaced Whirlpool with). Now that, if you didn't have a flier on hand, how would yo get out? You'd be stuck in there.[/QUOTE]

i agree the skateboard idea shouldn't be allowed on any pokemon game if i want to play a skateboard game i would simply play Tony hawk games.
Nice to see Post #1337 not wasted on a stupid idea. =)

I think that feature will stay. Pokémon Centers will likely feature a Wi-Fi Club upstairs and Wi-Fi Plaza downstairs similar to Platinum.
We... You mean Wireless Club upstairs and Wi-Fi plaza downstairs... Right?
an ideas has popped in my head about pokemon movie 2000.

The song of lugia from pokemon movie 2000 should be played as Legendary Pokemon Encounter Theme for lugia only and the rest as normal.
Lugia's Song? It's a good song, but isn't it kind of soft? Besides, it's a Anime music... They don't take anime tunes and put them in the game...
The trees while very same to the conifer trees in Pt(I have no idea where people find them in DP) are very different as they have a less serious and realistic coloring. And anyway 3 years in close to completion and they are going to give a damn if people think they are the same to the Pt ones?
treechanges.png

At very lest, it's a LOT less of a change than R/S/E to Fr/Lg.
No, everything was not changed. there really wasn't much that changed at all. From what I remember I think they changed the first Ice Path puzzle, and they altered Dragon's Den slightly. Other that that it is all pretty much the same.
And than there's the whole plot changes, and such...

Puppet: And that's the show! See you alll next time!
m19: You did nothing the whole time :<
Puppet: ...SHUSH. *Knocks out m19 with a hammer*
Puppet: Byeee!~

Last edited:

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
...Just to be sure, that wasn't sarcasm, right?
treechanges.png

At very lest, it's a LOT less of a change than R/S/E to Fr/Lg.
Nope no sarcasm. Seriously you guys have the most logic on these forums. If anyone were to penetrate your minds the universe would explode. Now then about the trees! While yes they do seem very similar at least they have their own unique touch to them. Similar but with a unique touch. And thats what counts no?

m190049

Local psychopath
Nope no sarcasm. Seriously you guys have the most logic on these forums. If anyone were to penetrate your minds the universe would explode. Now then about the trees! While yes they do seem very similar at least they have their own unique touch to them. Similar but with a unique touch. And thats what counts no?
Er, thanks, I guess. =)

I'm in no way saying they are EXACTLY the same. Like many of the sprites that are supposed to dictate the same thing in both R/S and Fr/Lg, they have their own spin to them. I was just noting they are quite more similar than the R/S --> Fr/Lg transition.

It's not a "new look on things", as much as it is "slightly updated". At least, from the small amount of things we've seen so far.
We've only had a few scenes and I can barely judge the whole game on this. I just hope the rest of the game is slightly more neat looking.

We just gotta wait and see, I guess. =P

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
That's a bit mean, no? =/

Meh, he deserved it. Treat others as you would like to be treated, right? And no I don't care if someone flames me xD

But why would they downgrade from a past installment?

Merely contradicting. Although that screen with the Cyndaquil in it is a but suspicious. Regardless of where it is it should have evolved by that point, so either the person who was playing purposely left it un-evolved because it wont follow you afterwards or it's just better advertising if it's not evolved...

He's saying, say you cleared the whirlpool, than went inside and leveled up (and gained a new move, which you replaced Whirlpool with). Now that, if you didn't have a flier on hand, how would yo get out? You'd be stuck in there.

Of course. I just figured most people wouldn't be stupid enough to do that, so I never even considered it xD

And than there's the whole plot changes, and such...

Well that's a little different. I was focusing on the aesthetic side.

I just hope the rest of the game is slightly more neat looking.

What exactly do you consider more neat looking? I think the rest of the trees will look the same O_O

spyroflame0487

Kind of a big deal
Er, thanks, I guess. =)
It's not a "new look on things", as much as it is "slightly updated". At least, from the small amount of things we've seen so far.
We've only had a few scenes and I can barely judge the whole game on this. I just hope the rest of the game is slightly more neat looking.

Hmm..Looks like basically like they squished the trees closer, and tinted the sprite more..

On all the other stuff-
-Possibly, actually. Unlike D/P/Pt, there were messages on the Unknown Dex.
More Info.
-A lookout...? It doesn't exactly look quite high enough for that...
-I can easily see a removal of them. They weren't really that memorable.

Xp...I see what ya mean...but I think those were created for the TCG..not the games. Although..it'd be nice to get some of them in the game. I wonder if we'll get any new forms of Unown?

Yeah..I guess Elm's lab isn't that tall. I wonder what is up there? "It where he does his *research*..."

I guess they really weren't, huh? I was originally gonna bring up the fact of the Tuscany (of the Week Siblings) giving you a Pink Bow, but that's pretty much replaced with the Silk Scarf. I think I overlooked the Rage Candy Bar. It was mentioned in DPt, but obviously there's no sprite or anything for it...It seems like a big part of the game to me, but..I dunno. The could just stick a Rare Candy in there.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I wonder if we'll get any new forms of Unown?

I really hope not. There's really nothing else that they can do. Unown Period, Comma, Parentheses? They've already done the alphabet, that was cool, then they went and used question and exclamation marks. Those were okay, but as far as I'm concerned there isn't anything else worth turning into and Unown.

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
Lugia's Song? It's a good song, but isn't it kind of soft? Besides, it's a Anime music... They don't take anime tunes and put them in the game...
Yeah, they wont put anime music in games. Once again (and this remains all-inclusive) anime =/= games.
m190049 said:
Puppet: And that's the show! See you alll next time!
m19: You did nothing the whole time :<
Puppet: ...SHUSH. *Knocks out m19 with a hammer*
Puppet: Byeee!~
Glad that I wasn't anywhere in there, I take that as I explained everything well enough :|

Nope no sarcasm. Seriously you guys have the most logic on these forums. If anyone were to penetrate your minds the universe would explode.
:'(
[/jealousy]

Meh, he deserved it. Treat others as you would like to be treated, right? And no I don't care if someone flames me xD
That guy made no sense either, and he thought he was winning the argument :/

Hydrohs said:
Merely contradicting. Although that screen with the Cyndaquil in it is a but suspicious. Regardless of where it is it should have evolved by that point, so either the person who was playing purposely left it un-evolved because it wont follow you afterwards or it's just better advertising if it's not evolved...
Most likely better advertising; much like how Pikachu is the star of the anime, and when a non-informed-about-Pokemon person hears "Raichu" he'd probably have no bearings on what you are speaking of. However, if you say "Pikachu" they instantly know you're talking about pogeymans.
Same applies with Cyndaquil and Quilava. Leaving us speculators in the dark about the subject has the side effect of great hype, too.

Hmm..Looks like basically like they squished the trees closer, and tinted the sprite more..
And (in my opinion) messed up the layering by having the Cut tree over he regular foliage in the Ilex Forest picture. I agree on the vibrancy of the tinting, though.

I guess they really weren't, huh? I was originally gonna bring up the fact of the Tuscany (of the Week Siblings) giving you a Pink Bow, but that's pretty much replaced with the Silk Scarf. I think I overlooked the Rage Candy Bar. It was mentioned in DPt, but obviously there's no sprite or anything for it...It seems like a big part of the game to me, but..I dunno. The could just stick a Rare Candy in there.[/QUOTE]
Yup, in Platinum, Veilstone Department Store B1F there was a reference to RageCandyBars, but they were "sold out". I disagree with you, however, when you say that the RageCandyBar was an important aspect of the game. They weren't a big part, and other items were more cost-efficient (such as the vending beverages).

I really hope not. There's really nothing else that they can do. Unown Period, Comma, Parentheses? They've already done the alphabet, that was cool, then they went and used question and exclamation marks. Those were okay, but as far as I'm concerned there isn't anything else worth turning into and Unown.
Unown Asterisk, Unown Backslash, Unown (0-9), Unown Brackets, Unown USD/Euro, Unown Fraction, Unown Lesser-Than-Or-Equal-To, ...
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.