• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*~ HG/SS Speculation / Idea Thread 2.0 ~*~ [READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew517

DigitalDerpGaming
sadly went silver and gold came out i was so young and my parents never let me play it
so im happy about the remake(but i have a copy now )

ok since the egg is togepi in platinum
what could the egg in heartgold and soulsilver be

the ice rock and moose rock could be in the johto part of the game
it dosent matter if you know what they are or not because in D/P if you had an eevee befor the nat. dex it was fine
the same for the Mt. correnet effect

GOONER1991

Pokemon Master...
As the egg is a Togepi in Platinum, the egg in HGSS could be NE Pichu?

Looking forward to these games, will get SS.

R_N

I maintain that should add the original 4 stones as regular, buyable items in either Goldenrod or, shoot, even Celadon.
Regulating them to people you have on your phone list that may randomly give you one if the planets line up juuuuust right and some guy alllllll the way in Kanto in the post game (pre-post-post game?) is just mean.
The former was only in Crystal (though it's a nice idea, and should be kept in general), for Pete's sake, and the later was random and I think limited to only a few times.Hope you never want to raise an Oddish or Weepinbell or something.
Oh and mystery gift but I doubt that kind of mystery gift will make a come back.

EDIT: wait wait wait wait, why wouldn't the egg have Togepi just because you got one in Platinum.
It's not like there's just one egg in the world, you know.

Last edited:

Poliwagged

I think the mystery egg at the start of the game will -still- be a Togepi, but if they add the Odd Egg, it will be the Notched Ear Pichu.

Good way to introduce the speculated "new" breeding system with an "odd" egg, eh!

Grei

not the color
I think the mystery egg at the start of the game will -still- be a Togepi, but if they add the Odd Egg, it will be the Notched Ear Pichu.

Good way to introduce the speculated "new" breeding system with an "odd" egg, eh!

Ooh, I want this! I still want to be able to have Togepi as a part of my team.

Does anyone think that Togekiss will be available prior to getting the National Dex? I mean, it was possible to get a Pokemon that wasn't in the Regional Dex in Diamond and Pearl; the entry just wasn't there in the Regional Dex, and was automatically there in the National one.

Also, does anyone want/hope that a Riolu egg will be--
*shot*

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I hope the egg is something different. Hopefully something better than Togepi. All that thing did was take up space in my party. All I did was give it haircuts. Don't you also get an egg from the daycare people in Crystal? If so, I hope this stays

Grei

not the color
I hope the egg is something different. Hopefully something better than Togepi. All that thing did was take up space in my party. All I did was give it haircuts. Don't you also get an egg from the daycare people in Crystal? If so, I hope this stays

^That could be where you could get the Notched-Ear Pichu! I would love it.

Also--

Anybody think the Sevii Islands (at least one of them) will be present, or mentioned, in Heart Gold or Soul Silver?

Poliwagged

That's the Odd Egg. I'm also thinking that if the Odd Egg has the notched ear 'chu, you can take it back to show Elm and he'll go ballistic about it, lol.

Jigglypuff5000

No "notched ear Pichu." Its lame and it wouldn't add anything to the game.

One could say that about Shiny Pokemon too, but they're not going anywhere just cos a few think they're pointless.

^That could be where you could get the Notched-Ear Pichu! I would love it.

Also--

Anybody think the Sevii Islands (at least one of them) will be present, or mentioned, in Heart Gold or Soul Silver?

I think they'll be referenced along with Hoenn and Sinnoh, but I don't think they'll be in the game in any shape or form past that.

Johto will get some new islands around the Cianwood and bottom-right hand areas of the map, methinks.

Also on the Egg, I hope Togepi stays the first one you get but that NE Pichu is given to you at the Daycare or via a sidequest.

Last edited:
A few things.

One, I hope they shift the locations of several pokemon. Houndour needs to get their butts back over to Johto someplace (I could see them being found after Ecruteak, or maybe just before arriving there for the first time). The Growlithe and Vulpix (versions exclusives still, probably) can stay in the same places. What I'd really like to see are the Mareep earlier (especially if someone has the bright idea of giving Falkner a Skarmory).

Natu should also be easier to get to, I mean, there aren't that many Johto birds that are that great. At least this one does something different compared to Hoothoot, Skarmory, and Pidgey.

Togepi? Yeah, having one of those from that mystery egg would be a good idea to keep around. Those things are finally useful nowadays, after all.

Odd Egg: I think a random pokemon would be best, not just the baby forms of what you could find then and these days. This thing could set you up for a while if it's the right pokemon. But have the game mechanic figure it out as soon as you step foot outside of New Bark Town- that should either piss people off to the point that they won't start over, or someone's gonna have a lot of patience.

I think that the elemental stones would continue to be sold in Celadon City. However, I could see there being some form of 'home shopping channel' that could have various goods available to be purchased via PokeGear phone, which would take two or three days to arrive (in real time, of course). This would give you an intermediate stage between depending on random trainer generosity and after the E4. Could also be another way to get access to Revives earlier than you normally would, too. Just a thought, there.

halloweenghost

Yeah for all we know Notch Eared Pichu could be a a new gender difference. You know..since they but so much emphasis that it is a female pichu. Wouldn't add anything to the game?.. besides..well you know... flavor? and I'm all up for flavor,.. notch eared pichu and possibly more gender differences?.. make it so...

Last edited:

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven

Whether you like it or not, it is coming to the games. It DOES add something to the games, and that (as I said before) is a level of customization and personalization that has never before been present in a Pokemon game.
And remember- Rules of this thread dictate that you must have at least 3 constructive sentences. You had zero.

@ The idea of a Togepi egg: We just had one in Platinum! I believe that they will keep it in anyway as the Mystery Egg because that's one of the things some people are passionate about from the 2nd Generation. Once, again: Changing too much = bad.

Last edited:

IceEgg

PKMN Breeder
I think it'd be really cool to see the battle frontier in these. but i doubt it will come until a crystal remake. (if there is one) I think the contest thingy that may goes to in the anime should be in this. also, it should have DSi exclusive features, such as listening to your own music while playing. highly unlikely, but its possible. either way, i CANT wait for these two games!

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
A few things.
What I'd really like to see are the Mareep earlier (especially if someone has the bright idea of giving Falkner a Skarmory).

How in the good world is that a bright idea? The only thing that could cause any noticeable damage to it (at that point in the game) would be a Cyndaquil, because Fire and Electric are Skarmory's only weaknesses. Give me one example where the first Gym Leader has had a Pokemon with such type diversity and a powerful possible moveset. I hope this does not happen.

Natu should also be easier to get to, I mean, there aren't that many Johto birds that are that great. At least this one does something different compared to Hoothoot, Skarmory, and Pidgey.

I guess so... Natu is alright... A Psychic/Flying type would diversify the team, so I guess it would help. And FYI Skarmory isn't early on anyway.

Odd Egg: I think a random pokemon would be best, not just the baby forms of what you could find then and these days. This thing could set you up for a while if it's the right pokemon. But have the game mechanic figure it out as soon as you step foot outside of New Bark Town- that should either piss people off to the point that they won't start over, or someone's gonna have a lot of patience.

A completely random Pokemon? That will never happen in a million billion years. I loved how you could get any random BABY Pokemon in Crystal. They were a divesified group (Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, Tyrogue...) and had great potential if raised right. You could end up with a Magikarp for all you know, and Game Freak would not do that.

Comments are in bold.

m190049

Local psychopath
Why is everyone thinking Notch-Ear Pichu will be in the game? If Notch-Ear Was in, they would have done something like given out a regular Pichu that appears as Notch-Ear Pichu on Hg/Ss. Not given out Pikachu-Colored Pichu. There's been plenty of Pokemon in the Anime that have had strange abnormalities, and NONE of them have ever appeared in the game.

Notch-Ear Pichu is an Anime character. Not a game character. =/
And there's really no reason to include it.

Thriller

Its almost time
What's wrong with it being a Magikarp? Red & Blue (and maybe Fr/Lg did it too) gave you a Magikarp early on with the salesman at Mt. Moon. And didn't the contents of the egg have a good chance of being Shiny? Gold Magikarps ftw! Especially if they disable capturing the Red Gyarados (which I think they should imo).

I think they should remove the Togepi egg. That was simply put in to introduce the egg (not breeding) system just implemented. By now, any Pokemon player old or new should be familiar with the eggs.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
The only DSi feature I can see them including is something to take advantage of the camera.

In GSC there was that camera guy who took advantage of the GB Printer (which sucked, lol) in Cianwood, so I'm guessing they' might do something with that.

EDIT: Can't you get Mareep south of Violet, even before you beat the Gym?

m190049

Local psychopath
What's wrong with it being a Magikarp? Red & Blue (and maybe Fr/Lg did it too) gave you a Magikarp early on with the salesman at Mt. Moon.
Yes, but what if you got a Magikarp, and your friend got a Larvitar? That's be quite unfair. =/
And the whole point of the salesman was that it was a guy supposedly gypping you off. (Little does he know you could evolve it into a Gyrados)

And getting a Magikarp when you also have a chance of getting something like a Heracross, Skarmory, Lapras, Aerodactyl, or Snorlax would be incredibly irritating. I mean, who would genuinely want that? And seriously... What do you think are the chances of GameGreak actually doing that anyway?

Especially if they disable capturing the Red Gyarados (which I think they should imo).
Why would Nintendo do that? The fact that they are plain and simply giving you a shiny is no different now that it was before. The fact shiny Pokemon are more coveted now than they used to be doesn't matter crap to GameFreak. Plus; the Red Gyrados is a major plot point. It was forced to evolve under strange circumstances, and therefor didn't change color upon evolution.

I think they should remove the Togepi egg. That was simply put in to introduce the egg (not breeding) system just implemented. By now, any Pokemon player old or new should be familiar with the eggs.
In case you didn't know... That egg received in the beginning of the game is the only way to get a Togepi.
...They're not going to remove it. =/
Than Togepi will be missing from the game.
Also, they've given out eggs in R/S/E, Fr/Lg, AND D/P/Pt as well.
I guess people are still getting inroduced to eggs?
And also: Not everyone played all the first games.
Hg/Ss might be someone's first game.

Edit:
EDIT: Can't you get Mareep south of Violet, even before you beat the Gym?
Nope. This guy doesn't let you pass him until you get the badge. The grass is located beyond him.
This same guy gives you the Miracle Seed if you talk to him after winning.
Remember him?

Last edited:

But they still gave out Wynaut in RSE, Happiny in D/P and Togepi in Platinum.

Status
Not open for further replies.