• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*~ HG/SS Speculation / Idea Thread 2.0 ~*~ [READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

i like pokemno

I searched and don't think this has been mentioned...

Maybe the trick master from RSE will return? People say RSE and FRLG/RBY take place at the same time (can someone tell me how they know this, please?) and we know GSC/HGSS is 3 years later. The trick master goes on a journey after his rooms in RSE, so maybe he will have a new trick house in Johto?

Oh, and seriously Clair with a lvl65 dragonite? so Lance will most likely have 70's? No, maybe clair could have lvl50's, but not 60's.

they wont give lance level 70s. thats way too much stronger than it used to be. jotoh isnt that big to train that much b4 that part and if they made it bigger it wouldnt be a remake anymore it would be a stupid do-over.

and the trick mastr idea is cool

EDIT
Just an FYI, though, to everyone who keeps shooting down every idea because "that's not how it was in G/S" and "these will be pure remakes":

Fire Red and Leaf Green were remakes, and not only did they include a bunch of things added in G/S and R/S/E, but they also had lots of exclusive stuff (Teachy TV comes to mind, although that was terrible), and stuff that originated from them - FR/LG introduced Deoxys, for example, an entirely new pokemon AND the first pokemon to have multiple forms.

Yes, Deoxys was in R/S/E, but until FR/LG there was no way to obtain one. Were it not that every game is immediately dumped and rifled through these days, we would not have even known he existed until they came out.

those are ADDITIONS not major changes. theres a big diffrnce. additions are like the seveii islands in FRLG and the battle frontier in places. teachy tv = minor minor minor change that shouldnt even count, but they wont change big parts or else its just stupid.

Last edited:

ArchsageX

Man, I can't stand all the purists in this thread. I'd rather not have something I played 10 years ago with better graphics. I want new things.

I hope they add the prevos and evos of the Jhoto pokemon. They should be treated like Jhoto pokemon because they are related to them. I hope they take out some of the Kanto pokemon and put more emphasis on Jhoto pokemon and their prevos and evos that were added in later generations. Not allowing Piloswine or Yanma to evolve just because you haven't beaten the E4 yet doesn't make sense. That was something I hated about FRLG, all the damn limitations that were placed on you. You were basically locked to how Red/Blue was played. I hope for a new Regional Dex, not a National Dex off the bat.

I hope that Game Freak gets very liberal with this remake. I want a "stupid do-over" not a 10 year old game rehashed for sales. Heck, I wouldn't mind if they took out Kanto and made Jhoto its own standalone region. Kanto was pretty much a waste of time anyways, add more to the game's own region please.

Levels need to be raised, Gold and Silver were way too easy. Or perhaps Game Freak could add a difficulty level at the start of the game? Easy would be the good old Jhoto levels and Hard would be boosted levels. That way the series noobs are happy and the veterans that want a challenge are happy (although I doubt they would do this).

Just some of my thoughts on the remakes. Silver was the first game I ever bought, I love it but I don't want to just replay Silver. I could do that with the GBC on my desk. Now I wait to be torn apart by the purists. Have at me boys.

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
Man, I can't stand all the purists in this thread. I'd rather not have something I played 10 years ago with better graphics. I want new things.

I hope they add the prevos and evos of the Jhoto pokemon. They should be treated like Jhoto pokemon because they are related to them. I hope they take out some of the Kanto pokemon and put more emphasis on Jhoto pokemon and their prevos and evos that were added in later generations. Not allowing Piloswine or Yanma to evolve just because you haven't beaten the E4 yet doesn't make sense. That was something I hated about FRLG, all the damn limitations that were placed on you. You were basically locked to how Red/Blue was played. I hope for a new Regional Dex, not a National Dex off the bat.

I hope that Game Freak gets very liberal with this remake. I want a "stupid do-over" not a 10 year old game rehashed for sales. Heck, I wouldn't mind if they took out Kanto and made Jhoto its own standalone region. Kanto was pretty much a waste of time anyways, add more to the game's own region please.

Levels need to be raised, Gold and Silver were way too easy. Or perhaps Game Freak could add a difficulty level at the start of the game? Easy would be the good old Jhoto levels and Hard would be boosted levels. That way the series noobs are happy and the veterans that want a challenge are happy (although I doubt they would do this).

Just some of my thoughts on the remakes. Silver was the first game I ever bought, I love it but I don't want to just replay Silver. I could do that with the GBC on my desk. Now I wait to be torn apart by the purists. Have at me boys.

You're essentially asking for a new game, though... You have to admit, if you're adding and changing that much stuff, it isn't a remake anymore. Its a re-DO. Level changes, yeah, I can understand, but many of the kids who have become attached to Pokemon weren't around (or mentally able) to play G/S/C when it came out. Since it's regarded as the best generation of games by many many many people, wouldn't Game Freak want to keep everything the way it currently is, but only ADD things, not CHANGE them?

Why not just wait for a new game to come out and let the "purists" have their way?

Spriter2

Pikreeko!

I pretty much agree with you. But instead of taking Kanto out- give it more of a purpose. Add something to it to give it a point.

And with the levels- Raising levels doesn't make it a stupid do-over, it makes it more challenging, and honestly to match the times. Levels were lower back then because expectations were low- I'm sure the creators didn't expect a person to want to train forever. Most still don't, but it adds a challenge to the game to have higher levels.

But as for new Pokemon, I don't think we'll see any this time around. new forms maybe. most likely shellos. But it gets annoying reading about how "shellos isn't native to Johto" Well, Dunsparce were never native to Kanto in FRLG? Most likely there will be new places, Like the sevii Islands from FRLG, so that the Pokemon from sinnoh and hoenn can have a place.

Again, i completely agree- If we wanted to play an exact remake, just replay GSC and imagine good graphics.

EDIT:
You're essentially asking for a new game, though... You have to admit, if you're adding and changing that much stuff, it isn't a remake anymore. Its a re-DO. Level changes, yeah, I can understand, but many of the kids who have become attached to Pokemon weren't around (or mentally able) to play G/S/C when it came out. Since it's regarded as the best generation of games by many many many people, wouldn't Game Freak want to keep everything the way it currently is, but only ADD things, not CHANGE them?

Why not just wait for a new game to come out and let the "purists" have their way?

I see where your coming from, Harkett, and you raise a good point about the children that haven't played GSC. But still, these "purists" don't want anything added either- If you read some of the stuff they post- a lot flip out about the idea of putting DPP Pokemon into GSC. But in reality, i guarantee that there will be- along with new places. And it is regarded as the best region, but why not improve it? Changing only the things that made it a poor region (not saying it was, i loved it, just saying things that didn't make much sense, or don't anymore due to new features.)

Wow, Nintendo really needs a suggestion box lol

Last edited:

m190049

Local psychopath
If we take it your way, then I guess the question becomes: will Red be male or female, or will it change depending on some sort of conditions? I mean, surely, with the option to choose male or female put into FRLG, they would also allow that character, in HGSS, to be either male or female?
In case you didn't know...
The male character is FireRed and LeafGreen is known as Red
The female character's official name is Leaf.

Also for the gym leaders, give them different Pokemon for the game. For Silver they can give a Bedrill and Metapod for Bugsy and ing Gold they can give her Butterfree and Kakuna!
Bugsy is a male... =/

FR/LG introduced Deoxys, for example, an entirely new pokemon AND the first pokemon to have multiple forms.

Yes, Deoxys was in R/S/E, but until FR/LG there was no way to obtain one.
...What? Deoxys came for Ruby and Sapphire first. Techinchally, one could hack a Deoxys the first day the game came out. And official availability for Deoxys in Fr/Lg and in R/S was at the same time, which was whenever they gave out the Aurora Ticket. Fr/Lg did not introduce Deoxys. =/

ap13095

Noobslayer
The only reason levels were so easy originally was because Yellow was so difficult, so they wanted to amp it down for all the crybaby noobs out there.

I agree, I don't want an exact remake, but I don't want a redo either. Something in between.

And the purists are annoying - just like all those Riolu for Ash people back in the animé spoilers thread a few months ago.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
The only reason levels were so easy originally was because Yellow was so difficult, so they wanted to amp it down for all the crybaby noobs out there.

I agree, I don't want an exact remake, but I don't want a redo either. Something in between.

And the purists are annoying - just like all those Riolu for Ash people back in the animé spoilers thread a few months ago.

Yellow was as easy as R/B/G were. I agree with you though. I want a remake as in the same storyline, same regions, same places. I just want new things added that didn't make it into the orginal story line as well as somthing to occupy me after I beat the game. Somthing fun to do. Cause really after you beat Red what else is there? Catch all 252 Pokemon? Then restart it?

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven

Hey now, you might disagree with their opinions, but I wouldn't say that they're "annoying"...
Exact remake = Boring.
Adding too much = Defamation.

I don't know how else to put it. Point is, I'm sure Game Freak will implement the perfect formula of old and new, I have faith in that.

And a slight side note... For the select few who don't want D/P/P Pokemon in HG/SS... It brings Amish people to mind... Don't want new, cleaner, and better. Just want old-fashioned :)

pokenoob

Take advantage of the DSi!
First of all, the DSi is SD compatible. For a Radio station on the Poke Gear, you can possibly listen to you songs on the card. Different genres of music could increase the likelihood of encountering different types of pokemon in the area.
EX:
Rock= Rock/ ground/ fire type
Blues= Water/ ice types
Metal= Steel/ electric type
Rap= Dark/ ghost types
Pop= Normal/ flying
Ect.

DLC would be cool such as expansion packs and other maps. Those could be loaded from the SD card.

gosh i hope not i for one hate HATE the dsi, getting rid of backwards compatability for a stupid camera epic fail!!

Spriter2

Pikreeko!
Hey now, you might disagree with their opinions, but I wouldn't say that they're "annoying"...
Exact remake = Boring.
Adding too much = Defamation.

I don't know how else to put it. Point is, I'm sure Game Freak will implement the perfect formula of old and new, I have faith in that.

And a slight side note... For the select few who don't want D/P/P Pokemon in HG/SS... It brings Amish people to mind... Don't want new, cleaner, and better. Just want old-fashioned :)

i didn't mean it like that, i just meant that...well yes, i guess i did, and i know everyone has there own opinion. But, i just don't agree with people that hark on people for posting ideas- something that may actually make it better.

lol, Amish ha ha

EDIT: Another point I've been thinking of, a lot of things have changed since GSC. Not just graphics, i mean information. Like that Bruno trained with brawly, information about Pokemon, etc. So, in order for the "new kids" to make sense of it, Nintendo should put it in. Most of us don't think that way because we are semi-veterans. However, a person who grew up with FRLG, RSE and DPP, wouldn't know the difference. Along with that, Contests have become a new thing since GSC, so imputing them would be nice.

Last edited:

pokenoob

That's the Odd Egg. I'm also thinking that if the Odd Egg has the notched ear 'chu, you can take it back to show Elm and he'll go ballistic about it, lol.

i thought the odd egg was a glitch in the game ? kind of like missingno.

Spriter2

Pikreeko!

You got the Odd Egg from the Daycare, I believe. Then it hatched into Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, etc.

TeeBot111

Changing major parts of the game, like removing the red Gyrados, nixing members of the E4, and removing areas altogether make the game more of a redo or a whole new game. Improving or make slight changes in things would be acceptable. Since the time capsule was used as a means to trade Pokemon between RBY and GSC, it could easily be like a Pal Park option, except without having to walk around and catch the Pokemon, you can just import from the GBA games and deposit them in your PC.

Anyhow, as for the egg you get at the beginning from Mr. Pokemon, I think it WILL remain a Togepi, but if they do introduce irregularities in baby, like the notch-eared Pichu or whatever, then perhaps they could do something with that, since these games are going to 3 years after FR/LG and in the same timeline as DPPt, and eggs would already be known about to a degree. So perhaps the physical irregularities could replace the discovery of eggs. But I'm 90% certain it'll remain a Togepi egg.

As for new additions/addons, instead of making Team Rocket disband completely, expand the story a bit and have the Kanto branch of TR continue their operations. It'd give a little something extra to do there, and perhaps involve the rival (either have him help you, since he turns over a new leaf after beating him on Victory Road more or less), or have something more about Giovanni. That way it could continue the storyline much like it did in FR/LG's Sevii Islands.

m190049

Local psychopath
Catch all 252 Pokemon?
Treeko is 252. Treeko is in G/S/C?
It only went up to 251...

No... That's a Bad Egg I think your talking about.

You got the Odd Egg from the Daycare, I believe. Then it hatched into Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, etc.
IIRC that was the Mystery Egg. The Odd Egg was the Togepi you got for elm; and later received after you beat the 1st Gym.
...Or it was the other way around. I forget.

Last edited:

Spriter2

Pikreeko!
Changing major parts of the game, like removing the red Gyrados, nixing members of the E4, and removing areas altogether make the game more of a redo or a whole new game. Improving or make slight changes in things would be acceptable. Since the time capsule was used as a means to trade Pokemon between RBY and GSC, it could easily be like a Pal Park option, except without having to walk around and catch the Pokemon, you can just import from the GBA games and deposit them in your PC.

Anyhow, as for the egg you get at the beginning from Mr. Pokemon, I think it WILL remain a Togepi, but if they do introduce irregularities in baby, like the notch-eared Pichu or whatever, then perhaps they could do something with that, since these games are going to 3 years after FR/LG and in the same timeline as DPPt, and eggs would already be known about to a degree. So perhaps the physical irregularities could replace the discovery of eggs. But I'm 90% certain it'll remain a Togepi egg.

As for new additions/addons, instead of making Team Rocket disband completely, expand the story a bit and have the Kanto branch of TR continue their operations. It'd give a little something extra to do there, and perhaps involve the rival (either have him help you, since he turns over a new leaf after beating him on Victory Road more or less), or have something more about Giovanni. That way it could continue the storyline much like it did in FR/LG's Sevii Islands.

Yes, I agree. I actually just posted an idea similar to that on the TR speculations thread before coming back here lol.

IIRC that was the Mystery Egg. The Odd Egg was the Togepi you got for elm; and later received after you beat the 1st Gym.
Idk, i think your right. I haven't played them in a while, so i forgot. lol

Does anyone have any speculations about the upstairs of Elm's Lab? (as seen in the screen shots.) It could be nothing, but i think there will be something up there- even just an additional entrance to the lab.

vtommy1

Lulz. Do you guys wonder whether this underground system will have Wi-Fi capabilities? XD

I think the upstairs of Elm's lab will have some "Time Machine/Pal Park" variant. But that's just me. XD

Anyways...I still don't get if whether the PokeGear will be expanded...

Last edited:

m190049

Local psychopath
Idk, i think your right. I haven't played them in a while, so i forgot. lol
No wait, nevermind.
The Odd Egg was form the Day-Care Couple.
The Mystery Egg was Togepi.

Does anyone have any speculations about the upstairs of Elm's Lab? (as seen in the screen shots.) It could be nothing, but i think there will be something up there- even just an additional entrance to the lab.
Probably just another floor of Scientists and bookcases that are filled with Pokemon books. Probably just to give the place a little more "personality".
It's not just some boring place.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
The upstairs in Elm's lab will probably be useless imo.

andrew517

DigitalDerpGaming
Lulz. Do you guys wonder whether this underground system will have Wi-Fi capabilities? XD

I think the upstairs of Elm's lab will have some "Time Machine/Pal Park" variant. But that's just me. XD
the underground should be their as it was one of the funnest parts of the game
it should still use Wi-Fi

the stair case out side the lab could lead to ELMS bed room (they never have a place to sleep)
ow i just noticed this next to the staircase is thje same pipes that gave air to the underground in D/P/Pt
just look at it

Status
Not open for further replies.