• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*~ HG/SS Speculation / Idea Thread 2.0 ~*~ [READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

TeeBot111

Yeah... the air vents are very obvious.

And I think what people mean is, will the underground actually be able to be done over wifi, as in, you can interact with people down there over the internet. It was kind of annoying to not be able to unlock Spiritomb because I didn't have anyone to do the stupid underground thing with.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
And I think what people mean is, will the underground actually be able to be done over wifi, as in, you can interact with people down there over the internet. It was kind of annoying to not be able to unlock Spiritomb because I didn't have anyone to do the stupid underground thing with.

I also could never get Spiritomb because I have no one to link up with.

The Underground was already laggy enough as it is. Adding Wi-Fi compatibility would only worsen it. Although, maybe there'll be separate rooms like the Wi-Fi Plaza. That would be the only solution to adding Wi-Fi to Underground.

swalot=yes

<-Get in ma bella!
I think that there will be some new forms of pokemon that were not anticipated. Nobody thought that Rotom was going to be given a new form until the silhouettes apperared because the rotom alternate forms were not in the pokemon diamond and pearl data. But it still happened. There are probably going to be some new forms that nobody thought would happen. New burmy's anybody?

andrew517

DigitalDerpGaming
hey remember the rules 3 sentences. i wont report you because im sure you just forgot

that would be cool if you could go wi-fi with the underground but it would get flooded with gamers
maybe things like chat rooms only with the game
I think that there will be some new forms of pokemon that were not anticipated. Nobody thought that Rotom was going to be given a new form until the silhouettes apperared because the rotom alternate forms were not in the pokemon diamond and pearl data. But it still happened. There are probably going to be some new forms that nobody thought would happen. New burmy's anybody?
i dont think their wilol be new forms
i still would like to see a shaymin Sea form some point in the future
with the Burmy, i would like to see a plain one with no dirt/leaves/trash.

but i still doubtnew forms for now

Last edited:

Uh, I think this belongs in the New Forms thread.^^; Anyway, I don't believe in Rotom with any more new forms. It's already got 5 new ones as it is. I kinda like your idea about new Burmys, though.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I think the idea of having different servers for a wi-fi underground would work very well. I have never done underground, and probably won't since i cant link up to anyone. I hope they do add wifi underground.

Also, i think the way to get Spiritomb was very dumb.

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
In my opinion, Rotom has too many forms already, but this really should be discussed in the Forms thread... just saying.

And IF Underground is wifi (which I presume has a 1 in 6,000,005 chance) they will make it only with people you have in your Pal Pad. That would be laggy enough. We don't need tens of random people slowing down the already-awkward Underground experience. The movement in the Underground bothers me to no end, even though I understand that its necessary...

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Why would they give Burmy new forms when this game is about Johto? Remember that this is a remake. not an entirely new game. Just clarifying, he wasn't talking about giving Rotom new forms, just using it as an example.

I think the battle with the Rocket Executives in Mahogany is going to turn into a double battle. Lance did battle right next to you

andrew517

DigitalDerpGaming
i have an idea but it might be alittle farfetched
ok maybe alittle befor the 8th gym silver finds his father is geovanne
and when you battle geovanne its a double battle agenst both of them
i like this because why dose only hoenn get to have a double battleing gym

Spriter2

Pikreeko!
the stair case out side the lab could lead to ELMS bed room (they never have a place to sleep)
ow i just noticed this next to the staircase is thje same pipes that gave air to the underground in D/P/Pt
just look at it

Wouldnt he sleep at his house? lol And if you look closely, those are fences, not pipes. The underground pipes are much wider... and please work on your grammer ^-^'

In my opinion, Rotom has too many forms already, but this really should be discussed in the Forms thread... just saying.

And IF Underground is wifi (which I presume has a 1 in 6,000,005 chance) they will make it only with people you have in your Pal Pad. That would be laggy enough. We don't need tens of random people slowing down the already-awkward Underground experience. The movement in the Underground bothers me to no end, even though I understand that its necessary...
Yea, plus the perverts and spammers who would take complete advantage of that feature. lol Pokemon e-dating! meet your next love underground lmao sorry just thought of that.

TeeBot111

The Underground felt sort of tacked on in DPPt as it was. I wasn't a big fan of it-I always dreaded doing the crap the Underground dude wanted you to do. I know it wasn't mandatory but, say I did end up encountering someone I could interact underground with. I wouldn't be able to because I wouldn't have all the stuff he gives you to complete the Spiritomb thing.

I hope they don't include Secret Bases. I kinda liked the bedroom being your secret base of sorts. It was nice decorating your room and all. But as someone said before, perhaps they could do like they did in Platinum and give you a house. I don't think it should be that construction plot in Vermillion though. It ruins the running joke. =P

raichu666

Venus adept
I think the battle with the Rocket Executives in Mahogany is going to turn into a double battle. Lance did battle right next to you

Oh my god, I forgot about that. That will be so cool. I always thougt that it was weird that there were twin trainers in the game and a "double" battle with Lance. Maybe double battles were supposed to be in g/s, but there is no evedence in the beta hacks as I recall.

Oh, hg/ss neads moar skateboard eventhough it won't happen.

pokenoob

I also could never get Spiritomb because I have no one to link up with.

that makes three of us :lol:

if not underground lets bring back secret bases.

there will most probably be dubble bettles in hs/ss (3 sentences "whew")

Wouldnt he sleep at his house? lol And if you look closely, those are fences, not pipes. The underground pipes are much wider... and please work on your grammer ^-^'
Oh, the irony.

And yes, a double battle with Lance sounds like a very good idea! It seems to me a lot of people are expecting this to be an exact remake. :/ Uh, no, there's going to be obvious upgrades and changes, some of them big, some of them not so big. They probably are going to add in Sinnoh quite a bit to this. I mean, Oak does say there is a similiar white rock that is associated with Shaymin in Kanto, so I only expect Shaymin to appear in Kanto somehow.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
It's always been red. Different shades of red, yes, but never orange or pink, unless you are color blind or something.

No, those are definitely orangey or pinky. Still shades of red yes, but not pure red.

Uh, no you can't! Trust me, I've tried, and it doesn't work. Unless you're thinking of that stupid "Spin the Poke Ball with your stylus" feature.

I think we're talking about different things. Pressing L/R switches what menu you're on. When you said scrolling through the menus I thought that's what you meant o_O

And with the levels- Raising levels doesn't make it a stupid do-over, it makes it more challenging, and honestly to match the times. Levels were lower back then because expectations were low- I'm sure the creators didn't expect a person to want to train forever. Most still don't, but it adds a challenge to the game to have higher levels.

Level swere low becaus eof Kanto. The levels were lower than what they were in R/G/B/Y.

Again, i completely agree- If we wanted to play an exact remake, just replay GSC and imagine good graphics.

Except the batteries are dead in a great number of the cartridges =/

a lot flip out about the idea of putting DPP Pokemon into GSC. But in reality, i guarantee that there will be- along with new places.

I'd like to know why you so strongly think that they will have Third and Fourth Gen Pokemon in the remake, when the did no such thing in FR/LG. It makes sense for them to do the same thing over again, and Johto did not get enough focus the first time around. This is the time for those Pokemon to finally shine, take the focus off Kanto, use more Johto Pokemon. And do not add there pre-evolution or evolutions until after the National Dex.

gosh i hope not i for one hate HATE the dsi, getting rid of backwards compatability for a stupid camera epic fail!!

Do you play GBA games anymore, on your DS? Do you not have a GBA to play said games on? The GBA is dead. There does not need to be a GBA slot on a DS anymore.

i thought the odd egg was a glitch in the game ? kind of like missingno.

No. It was in there, just as it's supposed to be.

Well if you had two DSes and two games you could easily do it yourself. And I'd like to see it Wi-Fi as well, but after thinking about it it probably wont happen.

What they should/should have done is allow you to go Underground without launching Wireless. What if I just want to dig up my fossils or something? I'm feeling anti-social today, leave me be. That kind of thing, why must we ALWAYS deal with the lag, even if we're nowhere near anyone else.

That would be cool, Lance is pretty awesome. I've always wanted ot see his Dragonites battle on my side.

Because double battles suck.

Also, not to be a ****, but I have a three year old sister who can write better than you type. Do people just not care what anyone thinks of them anymore?

Hey now, Double Battles are a nice change of pace. That's why I still like to play Colo/XD every now and then, and then I remember Shadow Pokemon and turn the game off.

It's not that people don't care, it's that they no longer can speak English. Even if that is their country's main language >.>

TeeBot111

I kinda liked the double battle alongside Steven in Emerald. Double Battling alongside Lance would be neat. And as I mentioned earlier, doubling up with Silver (when he turns "good") to defeat some Rockets would be nice as well.

Spriter2

Pikreeko!
Oh, the irony.

And yes, a double battle with Lance sounds like a very good idea! It seems to me a lot of people are expecting this to be an exact remake. :/ Uh, no, there's going to be obvious upgrades and changes, some of them big, some of them not so big. They probably are going to add in Sinnoh quite a bit to this. I mean, Oak does say there is a similiar white rock that is associated with Shaymin in Kanto, so I only expect Shaymin to appear in Kanto somehow.

lol yea yea. At least its not every other word.

And yea, i wanna know where they are putting the white rock...and how he came up with the fact that there is one at all. Unless that was another hint at a remake with kanto in it (hence, HGSS will probably get kanto. I doubt they will take it out.) most likely they'll put it in viridian forest or something.

that makes three of us :lol:

if not underground lets bring back secret bases.

there will most probably be dubble bettles in hs/ss (3 sentences "whew")

They should have had several NPCs running around in the underground that you could meet, for people who didn't have wifi. Although, im guessing almost all of japan has wifi lol

Hydrohs: the sevii islands had several Hoenn pokemon, so chances are, they are going to add new places for hoenn and sinnoh pokemon, as well as johto pokemon. (it being a remake, johto were never in that original either.)

Last edited:

andrew517

DigitalDerpGaming
Oak never said the rock had anything to do with Shaymin. Just that their is a white rock in Kanto. Also their was a white rock in Hoenn near the space station. I wonder if that has to do with anything.

Torpoleon

I think that the starter you get would often walk around with you because I saw it on serebii.net. Also, I hope the Pokemon level up quicker because in G/S/C it takes a long time, especially in the 90's. Like in G/S/C there will most likely be Kanto because this is just a remake. I also hope there is more differences because I don't want to be playing HeartGold(I am getting that one) and just have it like Gold but with better graphics. It will be good with some differences...but not too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.