• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*~ HG/SS Speculation / Idea Thread 2.0 ~*~ [READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe starter Pokemon are the only Pokemon that are able to follow you around. Eg. Chikorita->evos., Totodile->evos., Cynda->evos. like in DPPt's Amity Square. Also, when entering a city you are asked "would you like to let out your _____ to walk with you?" if you say yes, well, it's obvious. When ever you walk into a building, though, your Pokemon would be put back in it's Pokeball for safety reasons and in caves, too. Restricting the areas to where a Pokemon is safe to be brought out would help, too.

chikoritalover16

Okay, I know the Ruins of Alph are most definitely going to be in HG/SS, but what I'd like to see is the puzzles on the touch screen. I personally think they would work great. You could slide the pieces around with your stylus. Or, if you're too lazy to slip you hand over to the side and get your stylus out, you could always do it with just the buttons.

Defy gravity!
;152;

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Looking forward to seeing the Tin and Brass Towers in DPPt graphics. The Brass (I think) should have some smoke coming out of it. That would be cool. The Whirl Islands should look pretty good, hope finding Lugia will be more of a challenge. Anyone else think Goldenrod is going to look sweet?

Spriter2

Pikreeko!
Okay, I know the Ruins of Alph are most definitely going to be in HG/SS, but what I'd like to see is the puzzles on the touch screen. I personally think they would work great. You could slide the pieces around with your stylus. Or, if you're too lazy to slip you hand over to the side and get your stylus out, you could always do it with just the buttons.

Defy gravity!
;152;

That's a good idea. I'd like to see more rooms as well, along with more of a background behind them. Maybe another chamber behind the ones in Crystal.
Looking forward to seeing the Tin and Brass Towers in DPPt graphics. The Brass (I think) should have some smoke coming out of it. That would be cool. The Whirl Islands should look pretty good, hope finding Lugia will be more of a challenge. Anyone else think Goldenrod is going to look sweet?
Im looking forward to seeing goldenrod. I bet their going to make improvements on the Train. I hope they don't make the city bland like in sinnoh...Adding banners and balloons everywhere would be sweet! and make it look all cyber-y and futuristic.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Hydrohs: the sevii islands had several Hoenn pokemon, so chances are, they are going to add new places for hoenn and sinnoh pokemon, as well as johto pokemon. (it being a remake, johto were never in that original either.)

Yeah, but that's after the National Dex. That's to be expected, and I'm fine with it. It's just during the Johto part that I want it to focus on Johto Pokemon. After that I'm all for Pokemon form every other region.

andrew517

DigitalDerpGaming
I want to be able to go into my party select a pokemon to come out and ya.
But not just the starters any pokemon.
but if the height is to high it has to stay in the ball.(pokemon like onix and steelix)
When surf the pokemon should be seen right.
The Mew event in Emerald had you give chase to Mew, i hope somthing like this is in HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Spriter2

Pikreeko!
yea, that's probably how they'll do it. I'm hoping too, because Johto was the best, with the best designed Pokemon (imo) so yea i agree.

AyameHikaru

Alt-Reality User
Thing I'd like to be in the game and probably WILL be in it:
A list of pokemon that follow you (like Amity Square, maybe size restrictions so that Hoppip could follow you but Tyranitar couldn't)
A better rematch system than the phone... VS Seeker or something similar
??? (Rival) having some more story
GSC pokemon evolutions available before E4 (Glaceon vs Lance's team.... :) )
Celebi being available, either through an event or actually in gameplay.
More Weekly things. D/P only had Drifloon. Pt was better, but most of them were battles.
Radio

Things I'd like to be in the game and probably WON'T be in it:
Items as big as your head again
Shiny values being able to be bred (Not linked to stats like GSC, but a seperate number like an IV with a chance of being passed)
Safari Zone AND Nat'l Park
Mewtwo in Kanto
8 Direction movement (Seriously, we've gone all the way to the DS and we're still 4 direction???)
MULTIPLE SAVE FILES!!!!!!!!!
Difficulty settings
Item storage back. T_T I know they think the bottomless bag is nice, but I have such a hard time keeping it organized. Give it a big limit like 40-50 per pocket, but let us store items again!
Ability after beating E4 to switch to old school GSC graphics.
Elemental punches as TMs
GTS changes. Being able to put up more than one Pokemon (Like a whole team), Seeing more than three or five trade partners, putting up a pokemon without specifying only ONE trade option, and a rating/value system that stopped those stupid "I've got a Caterpie and I'll trade it for your Celebi" trades. Seriously, those bloody pointless offers clog up your results.

- ;037;

Okay everyone, I've been wondering ever since the announcement of HG/SS...Do you think they'll be a second floor of the Silph. Co building in the Kanto region? Check this youtube video out and you'll understand completely what I mean.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ujAy-GbMB4
Maybe. If the writers actually have a reason for the player to actually go up there. Whatever is up there, it's not important to the player's knowledge. Maybe in HGSS there will be an item that's only available in DPPt...

Spriter2

Pikreeko!
I'd like to see cinnabar look more like a volcano- and maybe some ruins of the old town too. Also, i hope they make the viridian battle house better, so that you can battle more trainers- maybe rebattle gym leaders or prof oak.

BCVM22

8 Direction movement (Seriously, we've gone all the way to the DS and we're still 4 direction???)

How do you propose that 8-direction movement be implemented when the DS is only capable of accepting 4-direction digital input via the D-pad as far as basic controls are concerned? You might as well complain that the Wii doesn't do virtual reality yet. I mean, we're all the way to the Wii and we still have to input commands via a controller????

MULTIPLE SAVE FILES!!!!!!!!!
Difficulty settings
Ability after beating E4 to switch to old school GSC graphics.

"Probably WON'T be in it" is still giving these way too much credit.

AyameHikaru

Alt-Reality User
This is a bloody speculation thread. I didn't say the ideas were in any way GOING to be there, I just said I'd LIKE them. ^^ It's an opinion.

Spriter2

Pikreeko!
Maybe. If the writers actually have a reason for the player to actually go up there. Whatever is up there, it's not important to the player's knowledge. Maybe in HGSS there will be an item that's only available in DPPt...

maybe the dubious disk? I hope a lot of places are better- Like the Kanto radio tower, and a full mt moon (maybe with an additional exit leading to the clefairy)

How do you propose that 8-direction movement be implemented when the DS is only capable of accepting 4-direction digital input via the D-pad as far as basic controls are concerned? You might as well complain that the Wii doesn't do virtual reality yet. I mean, we're all the way to the Wii and we still have to input commands via a controller????
I tihnk your forgetting Pokemon ranger. they move via stylus and D-pad. Just press the up and left at the same time to go diagonal.

Last edited:

Casimir

Good boy.
Okay everyone, I've been wondering ever since the announcement of HG/SS...Do you think they'll be a second floor of the Silph. Co building in the Kanto region? Check this youtube video out and you'll understand completely what I mean.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ujAy-GbMB4

I highly doubt it.
The game creators often do this as a way to make a building look bigger than what was actually made.

If they do though, no doubt that it would be cool to run around in a more up-to-date silph co. :)

tehcip

I really like the pokemon follow you around idea i loved that in pokemon yellow its one of the main reasons i liked playing it so much and also it gives u a more friendly feeling towards your pokemon and id like it if a lot of pokemon could follow you around not just your starters i mean feraligator ?
but maybe they could do that i mean traiiners in the anime have been shown to be traveling with big pokemon alongside em
and also some epic unown event or a quest to gather knowledge about ancient culture susing the unown like in the movie

edit : also id like some ingame npc to tell u ur exact pokemon IVs and, or Evs

Last edited:

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
m
I tihnk your forgetting Pokemon ranger. they move via stylus and D-pad. Just press the up and left at the same time to go diagonal.

I think YOU'RE forgetting that this is not Ranger. Ranger has a completely different set of mechanics than that of the RPG series. Completely different, in fact. There was a video where all Gold did was move with his Chikorita behind him, as I'm sure you've seen by now. he moved left and right and up and down like someone doing the Macarena. This does not necessarilly disprove 8-way movement, but seriously, get real here. It isn't going to happen. And why bother? A two-step combination rather than one awkward diagonal one isn't going to kill you.

Spriter2

Pikreeko!
nah, i wasnt getting at anything by it. I was just saying, Ranger is a DS game with 8way movement. I really dont want them to be in the Main series, i like it the way it is lol

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
nah, i wasnt getting at anything by it. I was just saying, Ranger is a DS game with 8way movement. I really dont want them to be in the Main series, i like it the way it is lol

Ah, I see. It's possible if you use the touch screen, yeah, but I agree: not in the RPGs.

@tehcip:
I doubt there will be an NPC to tell you your exact EVs and IVs. Maybe they'll implement another NPC like the one in Platinum's Battle Tower who gave you code (for lack of a better word) as to what they were. But since EVs and IVs are supposed to be hidden values to uninformed players, I doubt they will tell you directly what they are.

tehcip

meh i guess ur right
there still are a lot of players that have no idea what EVs are and will immediately accuse u of cheating and so on and s forth...
btw a nice idea would be scenery events like seeing a sunset , a flying ho-oh or lugia shadow across the sky during ur game before u catch it , legendary dog sightings and so on like they made them in fr lg or they could make some nice ingame movies like in emerald

Status
Not open for further replies.