• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*~ HG/SS Speculation / Idea Thread 2.0 ~*~ [READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
I don't think that we'll be given an option to hear the original tunes. Personally, I like what I heard so far (I'm talking about the New Bark Town's theme from the trailer). Even if it is now revamped, I don't think that utilizing the style from DPPt would dramatically affect the original melody. I'm pretty sure that they'll sound the same, only that there would be changes in tempo.

Yeah I know that we won't be given the option to hear the original music, I would have more hope for that feature if they had added it in FireRed and LeafGreen, but they didn't.

I just do not like the sounds they used for Diamond. I much prefer the G/S/C sounds. I know that is weird, preferring the simplistic sounds of the old Gameboy music, but it made it what it was for me. Along with the coloring of the game.

But then again it could be that the music in Diamond just sucked in general. =P

Anyway, on a different note, do you remember these lines?

"Hi, GOLD! How are you? I found a useful item shopping, so I bought it with your money. Sorry! It's in your PC. You'll like it!"

Yes, it's your mom. Remember how your mom used to buy items when you have saved enough money? I wonder how it will work, now that you cannot store/withdraw items on your PC.

Couldn't they just let you store/withdraw items on the PC again? That may have just been a Diamond/Pearl/Platinum thing, you know?

And I do hope that they keep it just like that. I always loved when Mom bought dolls and stuff!

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I hope you get the running shoes earlier than you did in Fire Red and Leaf Green. If I have to walk all the way to Goldenrod City just to obtain a faster mode of transportation I will be very disappointed. Goldenrod is very far away from New Bark.

If the female trainer lost the hat then I would like her more. I hated Lucas' hat and I hate her hat too.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I hope you get the running shoes earlier than you did in Fire Red and Leaf Green. If I have to walk all the way to Goldenrod City just to obtain a faster mode of transportation I will be very disappointed. Goldenrod is very far away from New Bark.

If the female trainer lost the hat then I would like her more. I hated Lucas' hat and I hate her hat too.

I bet the Running shoes will be given by your mom once you return home after your errand for Prof. Elm.

Speaking of the new female trainer, I like her. Only that she looks like a staff from a local burger joint. I'm sure we'll get used to it.

reveh

花の声
I bet the Running shoes will be given by your mom once you return home after your errand for Prof. Elm.

Speaking of the new female trainer, I like her. Only that she looks like a staff from a local burger joint. I'm sure we'll get used to it.

:O I like her.
The main character in these games
are so much more different than the other
games. LOVE IT!

m190049

Local psychopath
They should have made her a red head >.> since im one and im kinda waiting to finally get a female red head character.
But than there'd be too many theories that SHE is "Giovanni's kid".
Rarguh.

Just think of Silver as a girl, and you can let the dirty thoughts begin...
...What the...
... o_O

YO anyone remember this picture

Shiny_charizard_from_%28pokemon_pokedex_colecters_edition%29.JPG

in the FireRed/LeafGreen strategy guide? It was before the front page, I'm not saying that I think Black Charizard will take a role in hggs but I think this was another hint so heck yea at this
That was promotional art. "Encounter with a Shiny Pokemon", it was titled, IIRC. Just a fun drawing.

ATTENTION ALL POSTERS IN THIS THREAD

Remember to post 3+ sentences of detail per post, and no making stupid posts/repeating over and over again/adding nothing/etc.

And also remember, do not minimod. If you see someone breaking the rules, use the report button or some other way to tell a moderator, and move on. Do not say "I'm reporting you!!" or tell them to stop it. It is not your job.
Why are the mods stressing this rule so much?
Even Serebii himself has blatantly broken this rule, multiple times.
I can understand not wanting useless posts, but I think that two (and SOMETIMES one) sentence should be acceptable if it's long enough, ala we use a lot of commos and such to explain the post we were trying to bring across.

For example, the explanation I just wrote above this was only two sentences.
We should be able to use our judgment on whether or not it's acceptable.
Because sometimes it feels like your dragging out an answer.

Say someone posts this "I think there will be this. This can happen in this situation. Than that can happen" (Not literal sentence.The sentence is generalized...)
A reply will probably be "No, that will not happen, as that is not there, for this to do that."
But, that's only a sentence. If you try to make it three...
"No, that will probably not happen. The reason is because that is not there. Therefore, this can't do that there."
...It just sounds like it's dragging it out. =/

And again, Serebii has blatantly broken this rule as well.

Forgive the "arguing about a rule", or such... But I think the strictness of the rule is kind of annoying. I think something such as "No useless comments. Usually three or so sentances is good, although less can be acceptable sometimes. Just use your judgement. :)" would be a better rule...
...I guess that's kind of down to opinion though, but... Eh...

"Hi, GOLD! How are you? I found a useful item shopping, so I bought it with your money. Sorry! It's in your PC. You'll like it!"

Yes, it's your mom. Remember how your mom used to buy items when you have saved enough money? I wonder how it will work, now that you cannot store/withdraw items on your PC.
They could easilly re-add the feature.
Or maybe, they could just buy items, and put them in your room. You can just pick them up there, or something. Or maybe she "mails them to you" or something. Perhaps, kind of like the Resort Area House in Platinum, you also get a house. And she "mails" you things.

...It's also somewhat likely that that feature may disappear, too...

I know it's a remake so we probably would, but I would still like something different because we got a togepi egg in platinum.
If the egg we get in the beginning wasn't a Togepi, that would mean there would be no way to get a Togepi in the game, without hacking (or trading with a D/P/Pt game. ...Or migrating, assuming it's included.)

I remember that Prof. Elm told you to go talk to her and tell her you were leaving. However, you could just go without telling her. She'd then end up calling you, a bit annoyed. It was quite humorous...
Perhaps that would be removed? Maybe the opposite gender support-character would not let you leave, like they did in D/P/Pt, until you told them.

Hm...

Grass Guardian

Rags to Riches
They could easilly re-add the feature.
Or maybe, they could just buy items, and put them in your room. You can just pick them up there, or something. Or maybe she "mails them to you" or something. Perhaps, kind of like the Resort Area House in Platinum, you also get a house. And she "mails" you things.

I for one miss being able to store items in the PC. It was a lot easier to keep things organized and you didn't have to scroll through an infinite list of plates, stones, and shards just to find your repels. It'd be nice to keep all the "use later" items like the plates, shards, stones, useless hold items etc. in the PC where they won't take up a bunch of space.

Macks

Macks Attacks
I think the idea behind HG/SS is not only to service the fans that have been dying for G/S remakes since the announcement of FR/LG, but to also eliminate the need for the GBA games. However, this leaves us with a bit of a problem:

How would we get the Hoenn-exclusive Pokemon? More specifically, the three starters and the legendary Pokemon? This could be remedied through something similar to Emerald version. Remember when you completed the Hoenn Dex, you were rewarded with one of the Johto Starters? I think that, should the Johto Dex be completed or another task (beating the Battle Frontier, should one be included) would reward you with the choice of a Hoenn Starter. As for Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza...Where would they go?

It could be possible that they return the caves that were in Emerald as well. The Terra Cave and Sea Cave (or whatever they were called) and place them in Johto/Kanto after beating the Elite 4. A third cave, or access to something similar to Sky Pillar could be added for Rayquaza.

-*-

Also, Elite 4 level-ups after clearing the 8 Gyms of Kanto. Honestly, level 50 isn't very becoming of a League Champion.

-*-

What about Whirlpool? As we know, the Whirl Islands are called such because of the Whirlpools that block off their entrances. If HG/SS run on the same TM/HM list as D/P/Pt, then that would mean Whirlpool would be nonexistent. Yet this is possibly remedied through getting rid of Rock Climb and replacing it with Whirlpool as HM08. This wouldn't cause a problem when it comes to trading because you can't equip HMs anyway, so getting HM08 Whirlpool in D/P/Pt would be impossible.

-*-

Speaking of HMs, what about the Bellsprout Tower? That's where we got Flash originally. I think he'll either give you HM05 DeFog or the Flash TM, which would be fine with me. That means I'd be able to teach Flash to someone, and delete it when I don't want it later.

-*-

And I don't want my Pokemon to follow me. I hope that's a feature that can be disabled.

dman_dustin

I for one miss being able to store items in the PC. It was a lot easier to keep things organized and you didn't have to scroll through an infinite list of plates, stones, and shards just to find your repels. It'd be nice to keep all the "use later" items like the plates, shards, stones, useless hold items etc. in the PC where they won't take up a bunch of space.

I really hated that because I was sick in tired of "Your bag is full, sucks to be you, now the super rare item you wanted is gone forever, buhahahaha." I'm exaggerating but still it was annoying.

I'd rather there be a compromise. you can keep the items you get but if you don't want the space cluttered then deposit in the PC.

Of course with the mom issue, I don't see anything wrong with changing it so you have to visit her to get the item.

Mom- Oh sweet, I got this cool item with the money you gave me, I know you were saving it but I had to buy it because it's so cool. What is it? Well if you came to visit your mother once in awhile you'd probably find out exactly what the item is.

That may have been too long but it would make mom get annoyed since technically you don't have to visit her at all, and it would be her revenge for not having you visit her.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Hopefully you can catch Pichu now somewhere in Johto. Like I said before I would like a Raichu before the League. Hopefully you can still give your Pokemon haircuts. I think that is more funny than a massage

dman_dustin

If the egg we get in the beginning wasn't a Togepi, that would mean there would be no way to get a Togepi in the game, without hacking (or trading with a D/P/Pt game. ...Or migrating, assuming it's included.)

And why can't they make Togepi a wild Pokemon? I'm not sure if I really care too much considering in the originals you got two eggs, one was Togepi and the other a random baby Pokemon with a unique egg move (dynamicpunch).

FloofehKitteh

Dawnflower
I agree with dman_dustin, my first thought was why not make it that you just go home and you know, actually VISIT your mom. Considering you're like, meant to be 10, it makes sense to go home eh?

I LOVE the new girl. And gotta say, I am sooo glad they made her. It makes no sense whatsoever to have put Marina as the female trainer, she's the Crystal female trainer. She's really cute too. Kinda like a Marina/Whitney cross, hair-wise anyways. The outfit is so adorable too! :)

That 3D shot of Bellsprout Tower looks sweet as! I can't wait to see the other shots of the entrances, like the Ilex Forest. For those who wanted HGSS to stay "dark" (I personally don't think it was dark... seriously? Maybe a bit rustic seeming, but eh) it looks like you got that at least a bit.

Loving the Sugimori art too! Miltank and Gligar are by far my favourites at the moment :D Though, a bit old this, I don't like Cyndaquil's. It looks.. not new. idk. >_>;;;

The tree issue I could care less, I never used them tbh, in either generation hahaha.

Where is the proof or hints at a skateboard returning? Doesn't matter how hard I look at the Corocoro front cover, I don't see it. o_O Would be cute if you could do that and have your Pokemon ride on it too, like someone else mentioned earlier.

I don't really want it that the first Pokemon in your party is the one behind you, if all are allowed to follow. Considering my roster is constantly switching, I don't EV train, but I just have it so that my weakest is first and strongest last, with the rest in order in between. It would annoy me personally. I think there should be a list of Pokemon allowed to follow according to their movement abilities, and their size, and you should be able to choose which one to follow you.

The PokeGear looks nifty, if that's what's on the bottom screen. idk. Hard to see imo. I think that the menu should be on the bottom screen or something. I've always wanted the touchscreen to be used more in Pokemon. I mean, in DP, apart from the very start of the game, I think you can get through the whole game without touching the touchscreen, which I pretty much did. :/

I don't know much about the PCP or the NEP, so I'm just gonna wait and see how that pans out. (haha, when I first saw NEP I thought they meant the old Russian policy.. too much studying for me! |D)

Aeron

Bum Eyes
I read somewhere that Kanto is to be replaced by the Orange Islands in this game. But like I said it's probably just rumours.

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
I think that you should be able to store items in the computer again, it's so annoying having to scroll through stuff in the bag, it takes forever.
Also headbutt should be kept in the game as having to wait for several hours just to catch a Pokemon with honey is a dumb idea, i also hope they keep the bug catching contest (they better do).

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I read somewhere that Kanto is to be replaced by the Orange Islands in this game. But like I said it's probably just rumours.
That is a big falsitude

This is a remake, therefore kanto will be in it.

The Orange Islands are an animé created area and will not exist in the games

XyronTheFalcon

I'm Back? YAY!
Just to remind people, the September 11th date and skateboard stuff that came with it is FAKE.

However,

On Neogaf, someone reported the Info from Coro Coro that he translated and mentioned the skateboard. Still fake, Joe? I've only seen 6 Scans as I think everyone else has. Do any of those mention Skateboards?

Please?

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
However,

On Neogaf, someone reported the Info from Coro Coro that he translated and mentioned the skateboard. Still fake, Joe? I've only seen 6 Scans as I think everyone else has. Do any of those mention Skateboards?

Please?
No they don't. As I said, its fake.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I just do not like the sounds they used for Diamond. I much prefer the G/S/C sounds. I know that is weird, preferring the simplistic sounds of the old Gameboy music, but it made it what it was for me. Along with the coloring of the game.

But then again it could be that the music in Diamond just sucked in general. =P

Come on, how can you not be exited for remixed tunes that sound more like real music? I agree I loved the original G/S sounds, but I can listen to them whenever I want (the internet is a beautiful thing) but the new tunes will just sound a lot better.

Chances are you'll get the Running Shoes before you leave New Bark Town on your journey, like in every game other than FR?LG. And even if you don't you walked around the whole game in G/S so I think you can handle it again.

She looks the same as Crystal... o_O Different hair colour, and her hat is bigger. But pretty sure they borrowed heavily from her design.

Should make it so that when you go to Kanto you get cut off from all your Pokemon you got before you go to Kanto and you basically start with a starter from there and then after the Sevii Islands, if that's in here, you get reconnected with your Johto reserves.

No they shouldn't WHy the hell would you want that?

Why are the mods stressing this rule so much?
Even Serebii himself has blatantly broken this rule, multiple times.

Because that is the rule and we must follow it. Joe is exempt from said rules because he is the boss. It's hwo the world works, those in high places get more privileges than the commoners. You should be used to such a hierarchical system by now.

And why can't they make Togepi a wild Pokemon? I'm not sure if I really care too much considering in the originals you got two eggs, one was Togepi and the other a random baby Pokemon with a unique egg move (dynamicpunch).

Actually, that was Crystal. In G/S you only get the Mystery Egg. Which should stay Togepi, because there is no point in changing it anyway o_O

That is a big falsitude

This is a remake, therefore kanto will be in it.

The Orange Islands are an animé created area and will not exist in the games

Gah, I was beaten to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.