• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*~ HG/SS Speculation / Idea Thread 2.0 ~*~ [READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

FloofehKitteh

Dawnflower
Just my two cents, I think seasons is possible, but is unlikely to happen. I really don't get why people have been saying that catching Pokemon would be a nuisance. If for example, ice Pokemon became more common in winter, and perhaps ventured out further than the Ice Cave, it doesn't mean that other Pokemon will just disappear. The rarities would just move around. We put up with Pokemon who have 10% rarities of being seen right now, why aren't we whining about that? I think the graphics would be nice, too. And the location thing, at the start it could just ask you "What hemisphere do you live in? North/South" or something. Or input your country. If you go onto WiFi and such with the GTS, you can enter where you live anyway in DPPt, and no doubt there will be a GTS in HGSS somewhere. Goldenrod seems most likely. Back to the weather. You could have sun, snow, wind and rain for summer, winter, spring and autumn respectively, but they don't have to necessarily affect the battles. Perhaps the in battle effects only occur on certain routes in the middle of the season, i.e. hail outside Ice Cave in July/January. It sounds like a wicked idea to me, especially since they can change the tree sprites too for added effect, but I don't think it's going to be implemented.

Since they have replaced marina with a new female character (soul)

Do you think the E4 or few gymleaders will be replaced? :( i hope not as Karen and Will are a must

No, the Gym Leaders and Elite Members won't be changed. Marina was changed because she's the figurehead for Crystal, not Gold and Silver. It makes a lot of sense to make a new character.

Also, I think the new girl is Heart tbh. I saw a translation of the menu on the touchscreen which had SOUL for the trainer card (by yaminokame, I think), meaning the male trainer is Soul, leaving Heart for the female. Kinda makes sense when you think about it, new kids to Pokemon might not get why the guy is Gold and the girl is Soul, and then the rival is Silver. Then again, that might mean a new name for the rival too.

m190049

Local psychopath
It has been stated that G/S/C take place at the same time as DPPt while R/B/Y takes place the same time as R/S/E. Your arguement about Platinum is invalid because it does not even show the Gyardos report in the beginning of the game like Diamond and Pearl.

This has never been stated ANYWHERE. It's just fan speculation. Show me a statement by Game Freak, Nintendo, or related party, or I will be forces to see your claim as false.

Then again, that might mean a new name for the rival too.
...The Rival doesn't have a name, remember?
He's called ??? the first time you battle him...

I thought the girl's name was Kimi?

(does Kimi mean soul or heart or something)
^^ キミ (kimi) is just an emphasized way of saying you.
It was a misconception, before.

Last edited:

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
I think her name will be Soul, Gold is well Gold. Just like they named Leaf , Leaf after Leaf Green

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~
foofehkitteh said:
No, the Gym Leaders and Elite Members won't be changed. Marina was changed because she's the figurehead for Crystal, not Gold and Silver. It makes a lot of sense to make a new character.

No it doesn't, guy =gold, rival = silver, girl = soul?

If they'd stuck with Kris then it could've been, gold, silver, kris (asin crystal) the first three original games. I personally just think they did it because they cou;d, I mean there was no outstanding reaosn for them to make a new girl and you might say that Kris was a figurehead of crystal but in all honesty that means nothing. Leaf wasn't around for the original RBY games (although she did get a slight cameo in the pre-release art) but she was added anyways.

And I do hope they add seasons, it would be a great addition to the games, though I doubt they will.
Shadpw Lucario said:
It has been stated that G/S/C take place at the same time as DPPt while R/B/Y takes place the same time as R/S/E. Your arguement about Platinum is invalid because it does not even show the Gyardos report in the beginning of the game like Diamond and Pearl.

and where is the all singing all dancing piece of evidence that confirms this then?

Chimchar15

One thing that would be pretty cool is that they make the outsides of the gyms look different as well as the inside. Basicaly each gym has different looking outsides and insides.

Camby

< OH HAI!
Just my two cents, I think seasons is possible, but is unlikely to happen. I really don't get why people have been saying that catching Pokemon would be a nuisance. If for example, ice Pokemon became more common in winter, and perhaps ventured out further than the Ice Cave, it doesn't mean that other Pokemon will just disappear. The rarities would just move around. We put up with Pokemon who have 10% rarities of being seen right now, why aren't we whining about that? I think the graphics would be nice, too. And the location thing, at the start it could just ask you "What hemisphere do you live in? North/South" or something. Or input your country. If you go onto WiFi and such with the GTS, you can enter where you live anyway in DPPt, and no doubt there will be a GTS in HGSS somewhere. Goldenrod seems most likely. Back to the weather. You could have sun, snow, wind and rain for summer, winter, spring and autumn respectively, but they don't have to necessarily affect the battles. Perhaps the in battle effects only occur on certain routes in the middle of the season, i.e. hail outside Ice Cave in July/January. It sounds like a wicked idea to me, especially since they can change the tree sprites too for added effect, but I don't think it's going to be implemented.

This is a very well thought out plan!
and I most certianley like to see this in HG/SS

Also I was thinking they might add in some new towns or expand on some old cities in Johto, surley one region cant stay the same forever. It would eventually have to change. Perhaps some of the mountians NRTH of johto being colonised. This would be a sure way to keep players interested!

: D

m190049

Local psychopath
People, please stop with the seasons thing. It's a crappy Idea and it most likely WONT be implemented. Think logically... Do you REAAAALLY. Think Game Freak is going to add this? Seriously. Do you REEEEEEEEAAAAAAAALLLLLYYYYY, genuinely believe Game Freak will actually implement seasons?

Come on now. It's confusing, it's complicated, and really, it's unnecessary.

Also I was thinking they might add in some new towns or expand on some old cities in Johto, surley one region cant stay the same forever. It would eventually have to change.
This would make sense if it was a squeal- but it's not, it's a remake...
If anything, they'll add new areas, along the same lines of the Sevii Islands.
But I can't imagine new towns.

Last edited:

R_N

This has never been stated ANYWHERE. It's just fan speculation. Show me a statement by Game Freak, Nintendo, or related party, or I will be forces to see your claim as false.
It's implied. DP has the Gyarados report, mostly. Red Gyarados only came about during the events of GS
I'm unsure of how RSE & RBYFRLG stay in the same time frame, but I think it's that it has no Time Machine-esque thing and just has you connect the two region's PC systems.

I think most people just go off the PokeSpecial names, and that the original protag & rival were named after the first games in GS.
& it makes sense that we don't know his name, since he's a stranger (Green we've known since birth, Birch tells you his kid's name, Rowan mentions his assitant (along with his/her's family in Sandgem) & we've known Rival since birth, too) & he doesn't, like, mention his name ever.
Still not sure why Leaf is being called Leaf but there you go!

^^ キミ (kimi) is just an emphasized way of saying you.
It was a misconception, before.
Ah, I see.

FloofehKitteh

Dawnflower

True. Everyone here has been calling him Silver though e__e;

No it doesn't, guy =gold, rival = silver, girl = soul?

If they'd stuck with Kris then it could've been, gold, silver, kris (asin crystal) the first three original games. I personally just think they did it because they cou;d, I mean there was no outstanding reaosn for them to make a new girl and you might say that Kris was a figurehead of crystal but in all honesty that means nothing. Leaf wasn't around for the original RBY games (although she did get a slight cameo in the pre-release art) but she was added anyways.

Like I originally stated, I think that the names are prone to being switched around. Yeah maybe if they -did- stick with Marina it would "make more sense" or whatever you're getting at. Technically ingame, the rival wasn't called Silver, like m190049 just said, he was "???". The anime probably gave him a name, but the games rarely correlate with the anime, otherwise we'd have a ton of extra towns popped into the regions. In Gold, the protagonist was Gold, and in Silver he was Silver, or also Hiro/Kamon. The manga doesn't have much relevance either I don't think. Don't hold me to that though, I personally didn't even know there was a manga until recently >_>

No, Leaf wasn't there in the original RBY games, but Marina wasn't there in GS either, which are the games being remade. Her being the figurehead of Crystal does mean something. If they remade Crystal, which is highly unlikely, then Marina would more than likely be the female protagonist. Also, there was another female protagonist around during the time of RBY, she just wasn't available ingame. That trainer was not Leaf, so why did they change her?

I can understand people not liking this new girl for HGSS because of her looks, but she hasn't replaced Marina in the slightest. It's more likely than not that they'll keep in the rival being "???", so really, he doesn't have a pre-set name.

Hell. The protagonists probably won't even be Gold/Silver or Heart/Soul, when translated into English they'll probably change.

People, please stop with the seasons thing. It's a crappy Idea and it most likely WONT be inplemented. Think logically... Do you REAAAALLY. Think Game Freak is going to add this? Seriously.
Do you REEEEEEEEAAAAAAAALLLLLYYYYY, genuinly believe Game Freak will actually implement weather?

Come on now.

-giggles- Did you not read what I wrote properly? I said it was "unlikely to happen", even in the first part of my post, and then at the end again. There is probably no way in hell it would be implemented, not until fifth generation anyways. Having different weather effects across the region that aren't season related would be nice though, and not too hard to put in I think. I wouldn't know though, I'm not a programmer.

m190049

Local psychopath
True. Everyone here has been calling him Silver though e__e;
That's his given name, from the Manga. It's basically become his standard.
It's also based off the theme of the characters from the 1st gen.

The hero was Red, and the rival was Green (Blue in other languages). They copied such for G/S/C.
The hero was Gold, and the rival was Silver.

The manga supported this, so... Yeah.

No, Leaf wasn't there in the original RBY games, but Marina wasn't there in GS either, which are the games being remade. Her being the figurehead of Crystal does mean something. If they remade Crystal, which is highly unlikely, then Marina would more than likely be the female protagonist. Also, there was another female protagonist around during the time of RBY, she just wasn't available ingame. That trainer was not Leaf, so why did they change her?

I can understand people not liking this new girl for HGSS because of her looks, but she hasn't replaced Marina in the slightest. It's more likely than not that they'll keep in the rival being "???", so really, he doesn't have a pre-set name.

Hell. The protagonists probably won't even be Gold/Silver or Heart/Soul, when translated into English they'll probably change.
Would you PLEASE stop calling her Marina? That's the anime character's name. Like Ash is to Red... Marina is based off Kris, but thay are different characters, and not interchangeable.

Anyway...
...I have no idea whatsoever what you are saying there. o_O
Could you please re-explain yourself...?

-giggles- Did you not read what I wrote properly? I said it was "unlikely to happen", even in the first part of my post, and then at the end again. There is probably no way in hell it would be implemented, not until fifth generation anyways. Having different weather effects across the region that aren't season related would be nice though, and not too hard to put in I think. I wouldn't know though, I'm not a programmer.

I wasn't specifically talking about you. =/
I was talking about the concept in general.

Last edited:

FloofehKitteh

Dawnflower
That's his given name, from the Manga. It's basically become his standard.

Ah, okay. Thanks for telling me.

Would you PLEASE stop calling her Marina? That's the anime character's name. Like Ash is to Red... Marina is based off Kris, but thay are different characters, and not interchangeable.

Mm, sorreh. I actually didn't realize that. I kinda just picked out one of the few names I saw for her on here and used it. >_>;

Anyway...
...I have no idea whatsoever what you are saying there. o_O

Let's see if I can remember what I meant myself >_<

I kind of jumped around there.

"Kris being the figurehead of Crystal does mean something, because they're not remaking Crystal, they're remaking GS, where there was no female protagonist. Why should they include the protagonist of, what is essentially, another game in the HGSS games? No, Leaf wasn't around in RGBY. But in the third generation, the option of being a female protagonist was well established, why would they have reverted to only allowing players to solely be a male protagonist, especially when there is also a female audience?"

If you replace my the bigger paragraph with that, and ignore the second part I said (I don't really know what I was getting at >_<), does it make more sense?

I wasn't specifically talking about you. =/
I was talking about the concept in general.

Haha, I know. Just saying, cause I kinda brought it up again as it died off.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Note also that in the games for the Rival's name, although he gives it as '???', in Gold and Crystal if you input a blank name, it reverts to 'Silver'. In Silver IIRC it becomes Gold, it being reversed also for your character (which is the opposite - Gold in GC, but not in Silver). Or something like that anyway. At any rate, it is the name most fans use for him, so it sticks.

FloofehKitteh

Dawnflower
Note also that in the games for the Rival's name, although he gives it as '???', in Gold and Crystal if you input a blank name, it reverts to 'Silver'. In Silver IIRC it becomes Gold, it being reversed also for your character (which is the opposite - Gold in GC, but not in Silver). Or something like that anyway. At any rate, it is the name most fans use for him, so it sticks.

It does? I never did that with the rival's name so.

btw, what on earth does "IIRC" mean? I keep seeing it and can't figure it out. x.x

The hero was Red, and the rival was Green (Blue in other languages). They copied such for G/S/C.
The hero was Gold, and the rival was Silver.

Oh yes, because Ash is based off of Red, Gary is based of Green, and their hasn't been an anime counterpart for Leaf/Blue yet.
Jimmy is based off Gold and Marina is based on Kris.
May is based on Sapphire, Brendan is based on Ruby whilst Wally has some similarities to Emerald.
Dawn is based off of Platina Berlitz, Lucas is based off Diamond and Barry is based on Pearl.

So characters from the anime are based off of characters from the game and manga.

Prat

Okay, I really didnt read alot of the olderposts in this thread, but here goes:

You know when its raining/hailing/sandstorm-ing and after each turn you see a small animation that displays that, before damaging you? what about instead of that, it was integrated into the actual battle?

i.e: your battling in a rainy area.. so.. the entire battle has rain pouring down! i know it aint a big deal, but it kinda pisses you off when your in sandstorm/hailing/rainy areas. Plus, I think its pretty easy to implement.. its just a graphical filter.. ? right?

Also.. I said this before somewhere I think.. how bout a tournament style system? as in knockout rounds and such, BEFORE you can challenge the E4? battle an oponent and then wait for a while.. the lady calls you, you go next round.. etc etc, and also there would be other winners other then you? much like the contests.

which raises another point.. please please please need some spectators at big battles, like gyms/e4/battle frontier etc.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Okay, I really didnt read alot of the olderposts in this thread, but here goes:

You know when its raining/hailing/sandstorm-ing and after each turn you see a small animation that displays that, before damaging you? what about instead of that, it was integrated into the actual battle?

i.e: your battling in a rainy area.. so.. the entire battle has rain pouring down! i know it aint a big deal, but it kinda pisses you off when your in sandstorm/hailing/rainy areas. Plus, I think its pretty easy to implement.. its just a graphical filter.. ? right?

Also.. I said this before somewhere I think.. how bout a tournament style system? as in knockout rounds and such, BEFORE you can challenge the E4? battle an oponent and then wait for a while.. the lady calls you, you go next round.. etc etc, and also there would be other winners other then you? much like the contests.

which raises another point.. please please please need some spectators at big battles, like gyms/e4/battle frontier etc.

I really can't see them doing that it would be rather annoying
Also with the knock-out rounds in the battle dome, its good for the battle frontier but not the elite four
With the spectator thing that would look terrible in battle and really wouldn't work

When your battling in a rainy area.. so.. the entire battle has rain pouring down! i know it aint a big deal, but it kinda pisses you off when your in sandstorm/hailing/rainy areas. Plus, I think its pretty easy to implement.. its just a graphical filter.. ? right?

I think I get what your saying, so instead of having a a piece of text saying the following 'the rain is pouring down' or whatever, it just constantly rains in the battle instead.
I'm kind of liking that idea actually, it would save a lot of time during battles.

ninboxstation

Game&Animé Hedonist
what I about to write is a general thing I could imagine to happen in one of the next Pokemons Gens.....(impossible to happen in HG/SS, und even unlikley to happen even in the next Gen, but in one off the next Gens possible and woul be coool!

=> you know the moves: Stockpile, Spit up and Swallow => those three moves are all conected to each other somehow (actuelly Spit up and Swallow are conected to Stockpile)
=> those kind of moves are really cool, give the game a new statagie, wish there were more moves, that were really like those somehow conencted
=> problem: Pokemon can only learn 4 moves, wich makes it difficult to be able or to want a all to make or use such moves
=> if pokmons could finally learn 5 moves it would be cool
=> but just like that, beeing able to learn 5 moves instead of 4, thats a bit boring (and to powerful..)

=> I hope/wish/and maby expect that they would maby make the Items (protect against 1 hit KO's, rise Attack, rise accuracy, ect....) that Pokemon can carry just a tiny bit more powerful
=> then the Pokemons, wich all can learn now 5 Moves, if they carry such an Item, they could only fight with 4 moves => the Item would take a "Moveslot" away, you could chose wich moves can not be used temporarely, if carring an Item
and the Item could only be take away after the fight..
=> so one would have more Moves zu chose from (5 moves), and there could be more stratagie moves like Stockpile, Spit up and Swallow
=> but if one would prefer to use an Item, they would have to make a comprimise and would have to block one the moves
=> that would also give the game an extra stratagie element: 5 Moves without Item or 4 Moves with Item (and maby some Items would have to be made a tiny bit more powerful..)

=> I hope/wish/expect something similar is some future Pokemon Gen (not in HG/SS, but some time from now), it would be time by the next or after the next Gen to do something like that, since most moves are slowly just reaping itself, and there cant be to many stratgie moves like Stockpile, Spit up and Swallow, as long as the pokemon can only learn 4 moves..., right now it's no needed yet, but in one or tow generatios it might be

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.