• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*~ HG/SS Speculation / Idea Thread 2.0 ~*~ [READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh you don't have to agree with me.
I know it's cool and you don't have to
agree with me. It's called an opinion.

And, one last thing, I think the trees
around that "mysterious" building everyone is
arguing about are trees that recently started to bloom
after a fire. Kinda like fireweeds in Alaska, but yellow and are on trees.

No, it's not cool, and anyone in their right mind would disagree with you. No one wants three tiny regions. And that's not Azalea Town, it's obvious it the Burned Tower.

And would you stop typing like that? Do you see anyone else doing it? You're making it incredibly difficult to read.

Ekypsekim

@ BVCWhatever

You're right its not a **** wall idea thread, but who are you to sort between whats "common sense" and crap...oh thats right, you're ****in nobody, get of your high horse, your on a Pokemon forum.

And also at the guy waaay up above, I agree with you that Kanto will be improved. There was a guy flaming you or something saying you're stupid for thinking Kanto was small?

I disagree. I think Kanto was pretty limited, but it was understandable because of the size of the GB Cart, and anyways the whole idea of going to another huge area was pretty sick anyway lol.

If Kanto was built upon nicely, but subtley, I wouldn't be surprised. Think added side missions, Move Tutors, new areas etc. (by new areas I mean, idk a Spa or something. A new area as in something we saw in Fr/lg)

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~
BCVM22 essentially said what I was going to in his post but with a cooler and edgier slant. However, I'll still post my say anyways, since I'm sick of the summation of so many posts being "you big old meanie head! waaah" when people try to apply logic & reasoning.

m190049 you need to STFU. your stupid NAGGING posts at EVERY DAYMN POST in this thread is pissing me the **** off

Why, because your scared of the adult perspective?

If it weren't for people like m190049 this thread would have probably flown straight off course and become a giant fanfic by now.

is your life that pathetetic that you bone off on everybody

Are you insinuating that he gets off on this stuff? Because I found no sexual undertones in his posts.

Or maybe it was just a Freudian slip...

Ekypsekim

@ BVCWhatever

You're right its not a **** wall idea thread, but who are you to sort between whats "common sense" and crap...oh thats right, you're ****in nobody, get of your high horse, your on a Pokemon forum.

And also at the guy waaay up above, I agree with you that Kanto will be improved. There was a guy flaming you or something saying you're stupid for thinking Kanto was small?

I disagree. I think Kanto was pretty limited, but it was understandable because of the size of the GB Cart, and anyways the whole idea of going to another huge area was pretty sick anyway lol.

If Kanto was built upon nicely, but subtley, I wouldn't be surprised. Think added side missions, Move Tutors, new areas etc. (by new areas I mean, idk a Spa or something. A new area as in something we saw in Fr/lg)

Ekypsekim

So, we all know that Whirlpool probably wont be an HM move here, unlike G/S/C who used it to get to the Whrilpool Islands. My idea is to treat Whirlpool just like Teleport, Softboil, dig, ect. Where you can use it outside of battle despite it not being an HM. That's the best solution I can think of...

Wrong. If it was something like Secret Power in ruby, you could just delete the move like NUTHIN, (you know without move deleter for HMs) so therefore you would be STUCK in places you needed to get into Whirpool with.

theres no problem with having HMs skip. Like HM01, then HM03 etc.....all they need to do is give Whirpool a new number, and badabing bada boom you're good.

K, and for the people whining about being mature or whatever, you can act mature and calmly tell people your contrary opinions without coming off as a ***head/know it all/giving OVIOUS answers that make me go ADUH, it leads me to believe you are basically just looking to attack anything that moves, which I think is pretty lame.

And for whoever used "Adult Perspective" lol....
Close your face. This is discussion about a childs video game, on a childs video platform system. No adult issues here. (maturity yes, a different subject)

Last edited:

hevver

Heart of Darkness
No, it's not cool, and anyone in their right mind would disagree with you. No one wants three tiny regions. And that's not Azalea Town, it's obvious it the Burned Tower.

And would you stop typing like that? Do you see anyone else doing it? You're making it incredibly difficult to read.

Can you comprehend English very well?
Because you are not understanding what I am typing very well.
It's called an OPINION. I think you'll understand
now. If you don't, I don't know what your brain is processing.

And as you can clearly read from my statement before, I did
not mention any names of any towns. I said "mysterious building."
Do you know what that is? I sure hope you do. And if you haven't
already noticed, I was foreshadowing the Burned Tower. Notice
the "after the fire" statement.

Omigoodness. Learn how to read people.

EDIT:
And I can type whichever way I please.
Is there a rule in serebii about thyping like that?
No.

Ekypsekim

h0v0rs posts can be read just fine.

And @MegaNumNum, if I read right did you said you DONT want three regions? Why not? Or, well you said three TINY ones, but how about three huge ones?

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
h0v0rs posts can be read just fine.

And @MegaNumNum, if I read right did you said you DONT want three regions? Why not? Or, well you said three TINY ones, but how about three huge ones?
3 regions would make a too long and tedious game. 3 regions is not needed as Kanto and Johto suffice and if you haven't known the Sevii Islands are technically a region. Just the translation lost that part. So if you had Sevii Kanto and Johto there you go 3 regions. Hoenn being in is useless. Kanto benifits from being in this game as it is connected as they are on the same freaking landmass. And anyway find me a generation were there wasn't one region missing. Well you can't cause its too early in the series to say so. But look. In gen 3 gen 2 was missing. In gen 4 now gen 3 will be missing. In the next gen though I have no idea what will be missing. So please drop the whole 3 region thing and stop trying to break through the logical minds of meganium BVCM22 and M14009(or whatever) because you won't.

Atticus

Why must all gs/hg/ss forums turn into unwinnable fights? It's ridiculous. There's not even any creative criticism. Sorry. It's just disappointing to see.
Anyway, on topic:
Does anyone else notice the diagonal slants in the pic of slowpoke well? I think that could be a hint of having a skateboard available in game. Not that you could move diagonal all the time just in certain areas. Like the mudslides that need use of the Mach bike. Not only that, but both playable character are wearing short pants (kinda like skater clothing-not the baggy slacker kind obviously). I have no concrete proof but it makes me think there could be a chance.

Also, I know it's a remake and not redo, but I hope they put in contests. Contests are a nice time waster in between training. And I hope they put in a battle tower. It was originally introduced in gs afterall! So I'll be pretty disappointed if they don't. (even though that won't stop me from buying the game anyway XD)

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
Why must all gs/hg/ss forums turn into unwinnable fights? It's ridiculous. There's not even any creative criticism. Sorry. It's just disappointing to see.
Anyway, on topic:
Does anyone else notice the diagonal slants in the pic of slowpoke well? I think that could be a hint of having a skateboard available in game. Not that you could move diagonal all the time just in certain areas. Like the mudslides that need use of the Mach bike. Not only that, but both playable character are wearing short pants (kinda like skater clothing-not the baggy slacker kind obviously). I have no concrete proof but it makes me think there could be a chance.

Also, I know it's a remake and not redo, but I hope they put in contests. Contests are a nice time waster in between training. And I hope they put in a battle tower. It was originally introduced in gs afterall! So I'll be pretty disappointed if they don't. (even though that won't stop me from buying the game anyway XD)

If they do introduce he Skateboard it will be pretty amazing, but I don't want them to take away the Bicycle in order to do that. The Bicycle has been a standard thing in the games since they were introduced, and it should stay that way. However, the thing that makes skateboarding virtually impossible, is that we have indications that your starter will be out of its pokeball during the whole of the game, which means it'd be pretty difficult for them to show both you and your pokemon on a skateboard. I know, you will say that in Yellow the player could return Pikachu to its pokeball in order to use the Bicycle, but nonetheless, I don't see it happenning.
As for Contests, it'd be nice if they were included, just not at the expense of lower levels in the game though.

Olympichero191

Embraced by Hatred..
Jeez, it's like this thread turned into a hate crime. >.> [/end sarcasm]

Does anyone else notice the diagonal slants in the pic of slowpoke well? I think that could be a hint of having a skateboard available in game.

If I'm not mistaken, you don't go to Goldenrod, get the bike and then go into Slowpoke Well. So that's obviously not the case, because it'd be redundant.

While it'd be nice to see the skateboard, I honestly and sincerely believe it will not make it into the games. The bike has been useful since it's introduction. The bike is basically a staple. Adding a skateboard just seems... weird. I can't even imagine using a skateboard on grass. Not the tall grass that you can't even ride the bike through, just the normal grass.

*sigh* We really need to get at least a pinch of new information at least every other day. I know it's not going to happen, but it'd be nice to stop the un-constructive criticism because of some people's inane ideas.

Or people just need to embrace the fact that these games are REMAKES of an old game, that sorely needed to be made for many reasons. It's Johto and Kanto. No other regions. They are pretty much attached at the hip, that''s why they were put together in the original games. Hoenn is across the sea and would make no sense. It would also probably be just as watered down as Kanto was in the original. Then after complaining about the fact that it should be in the game you'd complain about how Johto and Kanto were once again screwed over because you had to have Hoenn included. And after complaining about how small Johto and Kanto were you'd complain about how Hoenn was watered down.

It'd be a cycle of complaints because Johto was too easy, the Pokemon League was only at level 30 when you beat them, Kanto's gym leaders were weak as well. And then Hoenn was watered down to the point where the only thing in each town was a gym, Pokemon center, and one or two uninteresting town-goers.

And while we're at it, let's add Sinnoh and have everything in every town be locked except for the gym. Heck, who needs to buy items or heal their Pokemon?

I'm exaggerating but the fact is that in the original games Johto AND Kanto suffered because of the addition of Kanto and the lack of space that came along with trying to juggle a full blown story (which got muffed, again because of the addition of Kanto) and TWO regions. If we added a third region, that has no reason for being there other than the fact you want it, we'd suffer again with an amalgamation of crap we DO NOT NEED. And the cycle of complaining would begin again or continue, whatever the case may be.

You can't make every one person happy because there's always going to be something someone has to complain about sometimes relevant, sometimes not.

I don't see that many new features being implemented into these games like the originals did. And that's what made the originals so great, they added A LOT of what we saw in Ruby through Platinum to the series. While I'm sure we'll see one or two new features, they may not continue on through to the next generation. So, while I don't believe we'll see as many new elements, the games will bring back all the nostalgia of the originals and hopefully be just as great as Gold and Silver were.

Last edited:

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

Its just a simple hill.

BenMorrissey

Jeez, it's like this thread turned into a hate crime. >.> [/end sarcasm]

The / qualifies as the word 'end', so you have continued sarcasm and therefore your whole post is sarcastic.

If I'm not mistaken, you don't go to Goldenrod, get the bike and then go into Slowpoke Well. So that's obviously not the case, because it'd be redundant.

Yes, you're right.

While it'd be nice to see the skateboard, I honestly and sincerely believe it will not make it into the games. The bike has been useful since it's introduction. The bike is basically a staple. Adding a skateboard just seems... weird. I can't even imagine using a skateboard on grass. Not the tall grass that you can't even ride the bike through, just the normal grass.

It wont. It was even dropped in the original Gold and Silver, so I doubt that a concept not good enough 10 years ago will be good enough now. As well as the bicycle being the established method of vehicular transportation in Pokemon games.

*sigh* We really need to get at least a pinch of new information at least every other day. I know it's not going to happen, but it'd be nice to stop the un-constructive criticism because of some people's inane ideas.

I agree. It'd be nice to have a slow trickle of new information, maybe a screenshot of something miniscule (something that doesn't matter, e.g. Violet city gym). However, I understand that Game Freak and Nintendo want to create massive hype, so it makes sense the way that they're doing it.

Or people just need to embrace the fact that these games are REMAKES of an old game, that sorely needed to be made for many reasons. It's Johto and Kanto. No other regions. They are pretty much attached at the hip, that''s why they were put together in the original games. Hoenn is across the sea and would make no sense. It would also probably be just as watered down as Kanto was in the original. Then after complaining about the fact that it should be in the game you'd complain about how Johto and Kanto were once again screwed over because you had to have Hoenn included. And after complaining about how small Johto and Kanto were you'd complain about how Hoenn was watered down.

It would make sense to add Hoenn. Yes, it is across the sea, but it would add longetivity to the game, and the longer people play the game, the more time Game Freak and Nintendo have to make a new one. However, Johto and Kanto are obviously going to be the only regions in these games.

You can't make every one person happy because there's always going to be something someone has to complain about sometimes relevant, sometimes not.

QFT

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
No, it wouldn't, really. All the regions would be incredibly small and gimped.

No they wouldn't, at the very least they can fit three full regions quite nicely. They could probably do all four as well.

Hmm..Is it safe to assume that the Unown dex will be making a return? I wasn't all that happy with it then, and I kinda like the way that DPt uses the "See other Forms" feature.

I dunno if it will be called an Unown Dex, but it could be that we're just ableto view all it's forms.... Or wasn't that what the Unown Dex was?

I *PRAY* we won't have to go through a whole storyline to get something in order to trade with DPt. I can just see them doing the same thing where a friend of Bill's just *happens* to show up a be all "ZOMG! I maek awesome thing to trade with other region! Needs moar power, though. Get Diamond and Pearls to finish, not electrical Pokemon that could charge it...". I'd really like to have a nice team well thought ahead. That's what annoyed me about FRLG....and it didn't help that Gary MotherF-in' Oak was there...Now we're gonna deal with a Ginger? (Oh...I'm a ginger kid..wait..)

Oh, we definitely will have to do something in order to trade with D/P/P. That is inevitable.

Now, I question what's gonna be the fate of a lot of items that were in GS? Namely, the Slowpoketail, Gold/Silver Leaves (anyone remember them? XP..), and my favorite item The Berserk Gene. Obviously, they aren't important to the gameplay or anything, but they couldn't be tradeable..right?

The Berserk Gene is in FR/LG I think. So that's not a problem, I don't think you can ever actually get SlowpokeTails, can you? Basically, anything that isn't needed probably just wont be included.

m190049 you need to STFU. your stupid NAGGING posts at EVERY DAYMN POST in this thread is pissing me the **** off, is your life that pathetetic that you bone off on everybody, holy ****.....ANYWAY

Can't handle some criticising your ideas? People are entitled to tell someone they are wrong, especially when they post stupid ideas. If you can't accept that, then leave.

[/quote]
1. I believe....that we can walk around with fully evolved starter.

2. Correct me if I'm wrong (m1904900, you ugly sack) but arent you allowed to bring in fulled evolved starters in the Amity Square? So yea the sprites are BUILT in heck yesh
[/quote]

Yes, they're built in to D/P/P, for one area. But that doesn't mean that in this game, one entirely different with DIFFERENT sprites, that we'll be able to do the same thing.

So yes. I think the rule at the beginning of this thread (where it says youll be get banned for even mentioning visited Hoenn) is a retarded *** rule. This is a SPECULATION thread, where ANYTHING can happen. Cmon moderators, give me a break that you know for sure we ARENT going to hoenn, its possible.

We do know for sure. this is a remake of G/S, not R/S. There will be no Hoenn. It's very obvious, and comments like this is what make people respond in a manner you seem to hate so much.

Also, can someone fill me in on the size of the DS kart? I heard somewhere it was 12 MB? But that seems SO SMALL, so I justed wanted a lil clarifacacion yaddidimean

256 Megs is the biggest I believe.

Who is he to sort through common sense and crap? An intelligent individual, which you are obviously not.

Wrong. If it was something like Secret Power in ruby, you could just delete the move like NUTHIN, (you know without move deleter for HMs) so therefore you would be STUCK in places you needed to get into Whirpool with.
And then, like SecretPower, you could just go get it again. But regardless they can't do that, because it would mean adding another TM. It makes more sense to make it an HM again.

Close your face. This is discussion about a childs video game, on a childs video platform system. No adult issues here. (maturity yes, a different subject)

I would enjoy seeing someone close their face. That would be a feat indeed.

This is a discussion about a game targeted at children. That does not make it solely for children. Also, platform and system are the same thing. The DS is certainly not aimed at any age in particular. Quite the contrary, it is targeted at everyone of all ages and genders.

There is no chance that something removed from a Beta will make it back into the game. Why do people not see this? Why would you need a skateboard to go down what looks like a thirty degree incline? Can you not walk down that? It's just a hill. There will be no skateboard.

And I hope they put in a battle tower. It was originally introduced in gs afterall! So I'll be pretty disappointed if they don't. (even though that won't stop me from buying the game anyway XD)

Technically it was introduced in Crystal, and has been in every subsequent game since. Therefore it will also be in this one.

Johnny Hudson

Call me Johnny.
The skateboard rumour is way overhyped. It isn't coming, guys. First of all, it's just a simple hill. You can walk on it, just like you can walk the stairs in several places.

Casimir

Good boy.
Psst: That hill, going down to slowpokewell? You can walk on that just like you could in any other game.

Just because the character wears clothing, doesn't mean he's a skateboarder. This is Pokemon not Skate 2.
They have a bicycle, and that's all you need to get around faster.

Anyways, back on track;
BTW guys you see that concrete walkway in that one town? I think we're gonna get roller blades.

Back on REAL track:
I wonder if they're going to add the Wi-Fi room like they did in platinum with maybe new minigames to go play. That would be fun. :)

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I think that feature will stay. Pokémon Centers will likely feature a Wi-Fi Club upstairs and Wi-Fi Plaza downstairs similar to Platinum.

Seeing that GameFreak blog post (translated by yaminokame), though not mentioned, I can presume that few introduced features in Platinum will be making its way in HGSS. Apart from the Wi-Fi Plaza, I feel that the Battle Recorder will return as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.