• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*~ HG/SS Speculation / Idea Thread 3.0 ~*~ [READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 11515

Welcome to the Ideas for the Heart Gold/Soul Silver Thread.

I'm restarting this because well, the rules weren't enforced much in the last thread. However, in this thread, the rules will be enforced heavily!
We want you to put thought in your ideas, not make some retarded one liner just for postcount+ :\​

Rules.

1. Don't spam!
  2. No "Oh that's a good idea" posts.
  3. All posts must be at least three sentences long. Elaborate on your idea, please.
  4. Also, make sure ideas are reasonable. - Posting unreasonable ideas, especially the last two, may get you an infraction (
    redcard.gif
    )!
    • None of this "Calling out attacks" crap
    • There likely won't be trainer customization
    • No, this game won't be completely in 3D
    • No, this game will not have all four regions, or more than 3. It's a remake, not a new game.
    • NO THERE WILL NOT BE ORANGE ISLANDS IN THIS GAME.
  5. Use the SEARCH feature to see if your idea has already been posted! We don't need the same idea posted OVER and OVER and OVER again.
  6. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.
  7. No 5th Gen Speculation. It doesn't go here. :|
  8. No further remake discussion, either.
  9. Don't post fake crap.
    English guy on gamefaqs summarise for me,
    my language very bad! sorry -

- New images for Kanto/Johto Pokemon, DPP images for Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokemon.
    - New PokeGear with phone, radio and new apps. DSi-exclusive camera app you save image to dsi memorys. Gold-Silver versions, you can change at Silph Co. It's backwards compatible with Poketch apps (!).
    0248.png

0252.png

- New DSi app: Pokebox. It's a mini-Pokemon Ranch.
    - Little changes on the story and some gameplay differences. Bug catching, fishing. Sweet honey replaces headbutt.
    - Ho-Oh, Lugia, and the three dogs, just like in the original games.
    - Kanto is available, you can obtain Kanto starters, Mewtwo and the birds. Safari Zone and Cinnabar Island are present.
    - Secret islands and locations for event pokemons: Mew, Deoxys. GS Celebi event is back, though maybe it'll be removed from non-japanese versions...
    - Underground, secret bases, fossils, gems. You can obtain the fossil pokemons at Cinnabar Island.
    - Battle Frontier. After you finish it, you can obtain a Hoenn starter.
    Worth to note there no new pokemon but all pokemon so far available
    and you see but not catch red gyarados this one!
  10. IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.
  11. If you see a post that doesn't follow the rules, use the report button (
    report.gif
    )!
Failure to comply with the rules will result in you receive a warning ([img139]http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/buttons/yellowcard.gif[/img139]) ~

If you have any questions, PM a moderator of the section.

Mitja

Veteran smartass
What do you guys think will be in the new areas behind Cianwood?

(I'm reffering to the stuff left of Prof.Elm, who is hiding Cianwood on the map http://nov.2chan.net:81/b/src/1244784671466.jpg
you can see a river, 2 bridges and some ponds in the north)

I think one of the Lati@s will be at the ponds (depending on either which version, gender or something else you choose)

The new place west of the NationalPark is IMO just the relocated Olivine Port, which you'd still reach by underground tunnel, just leading east instead of south. Or will it be something else?
What else I can think of would be a fishing contest, new Rocket HQ, Battle-tent... but they all seem odd.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Oooh... a new speculation thread.

In Gold & Silver, you cannot evolve any Pokémon that evolves through stones because most of them (excluding the Sun Stone) cannot be obtained Pre-E4. The only way to get evolution stones is purchasing them at the Celadon Dept. Store or if you've been utilizing the Mystery Gift.

However, seeing that the Mystery Gift's functionality now differs from the originals, what methods do you think they'll providing us on how stones will be obtainable before E4. Will it be obtainable via:

1) Underground (if it returns; as of now, this is unconfirmed)
2) Trainers who give out stones in Crystal are in these games
3) Stones will be available for purchase at the Goldenrod Dept. Store

I really hope that they at least provide us a method to obtain such stones early.

Last edited:

Mitja

Veteran smartass
IMO there will be some way of getting evolution items (excluding post 2nd gen ones of course). Not being able to evolve your Growlithe and such till reaching Bill's relative in Kanto is way too long.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
What do you guys think will be in the new areas behind Cianwood?

(I'm reffering to the stuff left of Prof.Elm, who is hiding Cianwood on the map http://nov.2chan.net:81/b/src/1244784671466.jpg
you can see a river, 2 bridges and some ponds in the north)

Cianwood is definitely expanded and revamped. Majority of the cities and few of the routes received a major makeover as well (see Route 45, a river now passes through). The area above Cianwood has some ponds which may be bogs or rain puddles. I don't think it has something to do with the Lati@s.

The new place west of the NationalPark is IMO just the relocated Olivine Port, which you'd still reach by underground tunnel, just leading east instead of south. Or will it be something else?
What else I can think of would be a fishing contest, new Rocket HQ, Battle-tent... but they all seem odd.

You've got me thinking for a second there. It could be the port. But as speculation goes, this area is still unknown. It may also be GTS, or the Contest Hall.

Also, you're ideas aren't odd. A fishing contest would be nice. The Rocket HQ could used a major makeover at Mahogany, and seeing that they will not implement the Battle Frontier, Battle Tents or similar structures could be placed if not in Johto (Olivine), then probably in Kanto.

Last edited:

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
In Gold & Silver, you cannot evolve any Pokémon that evolves through stones because most of them (excluding the Sun Stone) can be obtained Pre-E4. The only way to get evolution stones is purchasing them at the Celadon Dept. Store or if you've been utilizing the Mystery Gift.

They might just leave the stones the way they have been for the past few games, and let them be found lying on the ground. If we go by FireRed/LeafGreen, though, then that's probably not going to be the case.

1) Underground (if it returns; as of now, this is unconfirmed)

If it is confirmed, then it would contradict the whole Department Store idea involving the stones. It would make the stones harder to obtain, though.

2) Trainers who give out stones in Crystal are in these games

I doubt it. After all, the most likely place to find the stones outside the Department Store and the Underground is just lying on the ground.

3) Stones will be available for purchase at the Goldenrod Dept. Store

If they do make it this way, then I'd guess that they would just put a few basic stones until you beat the Elite Four. This way you can't evolve ALL of the Pokemon before the Elite Four, but you can still evolve some of them.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Huh, this was recreated again?

Guess I'll join in on the critiquing this time around. I just finished Middle School for good (graduation if you don't get what that means) so I have a lot of free time.

I doubt the Underground will return. If it does though, it will probably only appear after you beat the E4 the first time in Pewter City (There are no Johto fossil pokemon, and we can assume the original Johto dex will remain the same.)

As for the evolution stones, I imagine we'll probably have it just like in the original games; certain trainers give you stones some time after you defeated them.

It's possible stones may be purchasable in the Goldenrod Department store, but still unlikely.

As for Mystery Gift, I believe it will behave exactly like it does in D/P/P, allowing for the Celebi and other pokemon events to take place.

Waterpokes

At that post, I could see a Pokemon picture between Keckleon and Steelix picture, what Pokemon is that? Teddiursa or something?
Anyway, since they are including lots of the Hoenn Legendaries, maybe the Lati@s depends on version, gender or what gender your starter Pokemon was?
And the where does the train stop again? They should make some more train stations, that would be cool.

Mitja

Veteran smartass
Yeah, the best way would be:
-you obtain 1 of each evolution item before E4
-there are unlimited evolution item sources, with reasonable requirements and restrictions (1 daily/weekly...) after beating the game.

The first could easily be the guys from Crystal
And for the source of the stones I have an idea:
Bill's grandpa (or whoever he is) would work like the newsguy in DPt that gives you Pokeballs. He tells you to bring him *insert fire pokemon* and gives you a fire stone. The next day it would be randomly 1 of the other types. =)?

The trade evolution items can be found from wild Pokémon already. King's rock, Metal coat, Dragon scale.
Up-grade can remain rare lol

@waterpokes:
http://nov.2chan.net:81/b/src/1244784671466.jpg
The picture between the Wobbuffet and POLITOED one is too unclear to be sure what it is. It looks like it could be anything from Pikachu to Psyduck, but considering the player is just in Cherrygrove City, it's a Sentret. That's the most probable but could be wrong.
Also the player owns a Sentret shown in the other pictures (box, team)

Last edited:
Since it is almost certain that the GTS will appear again, do you think the cloning glitch will still be present? I don't know if Nintendo cares enough to delete it or not. I would hope it would stay in.

Journeyman

…… …… …… ▼
Since it is almost certain that the GTS will appear again, do you think the cloning glitch will still be present? I don't know if Nintendo cares enough to delete it or not. I would hope it would stay in.

Well, was that issue (and others) addressed in Platinum, because if it was then there you go. If not, then still. What I'm excited is the appearance of Cynthia. I hope her inclusion is not just limited to that Arceus event. It would be awesome if she appeared at certain points in the Post-E4 adventure. Perhaps even seeing her battle Red as you enter Mt. Silver maybe... (that would be so epic)

Jacobxdaniel

I'm thinking that that area west of the national park holds a contest hall. Seeing as you can find accessories in this game, wouldn't you expect contests to make a return?

Also, could the pokemon being out of their pokeballs be in any way related to the pokewalker pedometer?

Last edited:

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
I see no reason not to have a Fire Stone, Leaf Stone, Water Stone and Thunder Stone put somewhere in Johto. Moon stones will be obviously, and you can always get them from Clefairy.

I doubt the new stones will be around unless they let you evovle stuff like Misdreavus and Togetic pre national dex.

Mitja

Veteran smartass
I'm thinking that that area west of the national park holds a contest hall. Seeing as you can find accessories in this game, wouldn't you expect contests to make a return?

Also, could the pokemon being out of their pokeballs be in any way related to the pokewalker pedometer?

I'm convinced it's the contest hall now. The southern National park entrace is really wide so that's where you probably access the new area.

@Journeyman:
I have a feeling we will see Cynthia buying a Secret Potion in Cianwood at some point.

@Tyrannotaur:
We can see the Pokedex remained the good old 251 New Pokedex from GSC in the scan. So no of the new evos before national dex.

Jacobxdaniel

I'm convinced it's the contest hall now. The southern National park entrace is really wide so that's where you probably access the new area.

@Journeyman:
I have a feeling we will see Cynthia buying a Secret Potion in Cianwood at some point.

Yeah, I hope contests are included in this game. I couldn't stand FRLG in the sense that contests didn't exist. However, I liked it best when the contest halls were scattered throughout the country (like in RSE), and it was more of a journey to obtain five ribbons, not just a single trip to a city.

And yes, I would LOVE to see Cynthia (and many other DPPt characters) throughout HGSS. I always got so excited to see characters whom I knew from previous games. I nearly died when I saw Jasmine in Sunnyshore, haha.

Didn't Bebe mention being friends with Bill? Perhaps Bill or his Grandpa could mention Bebe at some point.

Mitja

Veteran smartass
I hope they'll open up the closed/missing areas in Kanto, there's no excuse now regarding space for data.
Especially the Cinabar volcano, so Slugma would get it's intended location instead of being found at the cycling road o_____O"

Safari-zone....oh, I just thought, hey the perfect place for some Hoenn Pokemon after National dex O:

Viridian forest - ok it's said it was cut down for wood or whatever, but at least make it it's own place xD

Museum - open pls whatever its going to be in there xD

Lavender radio tower - maybe something more than the basement?

Last edited:

23caterpie

pokemaster
Does anyone have an idea about how Nosepass and Magneton will evolve? There might be a new key item for that but I don't think that will happen. Maybe for the Other Shaymin form you can get another flower some how. And what about the Rotom forms? You needed an event for them in platinum so does that mean there will be another event for HGSS or will it continue to be Platinum exclusive?

Ammako

At that post, I could see a Pokemon picture between Keckleon and Steelix picture, what Pokemon is that? Teddiursa or something?
Anyway, since they are including lots of the Hoenn Legendaries, maybe the Lati@s depends on version, gender or what gender your starter Pokemon was?
And the where does the train stop again? They should make some more train stations, that would be cool.

No, because that would make Latias rarer. And most people want a Male starter (At least me, I think they look more male than female, except Meganium.)

23caterpie, why should thet absolutely make Nosepass and Magneton able to evolve? Feebas couldn't evolve and Eevee wasn't able to evolve into Espeon/Umbreon in FR/LG...

Why should Orange Islands be an unreasonable idea? (I would imagine your face if they actually added Orange Islands... All those infractions for nothing...)

Last edited:

Mitja

Veteran smartass
Does anyone have an idea about how Nosepass and Magneton will evolve? There might be a new key item for that but I don't think that will happen. Maybe for the Other Shaymin form you can get another flower some how. And what about the Rotom forms? You needed an event for them in platinum so does that mean there will be another event for HGSS or will it continue to be Platinum exclusive?

Highly probably Probopass, Magnezone, Glaceon and Leafeon will not evolve in any way in Johto, just like how you had to trade Eevee to RSE where there is a clock to evolve them.
The Pt formes should be left to Platinum.

All the new evos of old Pokemon were meant to be evolutions caused by the different climate of Sinnoh anyway (or something like that). So it wouldn't surprise me if they even left out some of the new evolutionary items like Reapers cloth....

Last edited:

SuperSilver

I hope they'll open up the closed/missing areas in Kanto, there's no excuse now regarding space for data.
Especially the Cinabar volcano, so Slugma would get it's intended location instead of being found at the cycling road o_____O"

Safari-zone....oh, I just thought, hey the perfect place for some Hoenn Pokemon after National dex O:

Viridian forest - ok it's said it was cut down for wood or whatever, but at least make it it's own place xD

Museum - open pls whatever its going to be in there xD

Lavender radio tower - maybe something more than the basement?

Yeah. I was very upset about not having those things in the original games. And maybe they could update all the gyms, and give them puzzles instead of just walking around to the gym leader. And about the Lavender radio tower, if it wasn't such an important part to the storyline, and Snorlax, I would just say to get rid of it. The radio tower in Jhoto is much nicer. And very easy to access with the train in Safron.

Status
Not open for further replies.