• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*~ HG/SS Speculation / Idea Thread 3.0 ~*~ [READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samayowa

you amaze me.
Since is a poketlon there could be swimming,sports and other things like you said the possiblities are endless.Imagine pokemon cycling lol

haha. It'd be quite interesting to see them have Pokemon ride bikes.
That'd be craazzy actually.
lol.
But, I see them limiting the events to more simple, realistic things.
Not that anything about Pokemon has ever been realistic.
ha.

Samayowa

you amaze me.
Im thinking they will make the games childish obviously.Also what will be the prizes?They could be special prizes.

The prizes I suspect will be TMs, Potions, Dolls, helpful items, Apricorns or berrys, things of that manner.

Grei

not the color
I kind of want there to be a ferris wheel in that new area, like Arceus the Original One speculated. It could be a way to raise happiness by, say, two or three stages (though you'd be limited to one ride per day, or one ride per Pokemon a day).

I think it'd be neat. :Y I'm kind of sold on the idea of a Pokemon Carnival. :p

I'm liking the Red Gyarados sprite, looks a lot better than all of the others (since all of them show him with his tail zigzagging behind him, floating in the air)--it got really boring, and kind of annoying. This one looks more serpentine, and looks more like a boss rather than some random encounter.

Grei

not the color
Isnt the red gryrados sprite and a normal gyrados sprite would be the same in hg/ss

People are speculating that the Red Gyarados sprite may have it's own sprite, based on the Notched-Ear Pikachu having it's own.

It could be possible that all Gyarados look like that when encountered, by my point was that they looked better and more serpentine. Because the first Gyarados I've seen is the Red one, it looked to me like it was more like a boss, which is the only reason I said it.

Red Gyarados won't have a custom sprite. All it is, is a Shiny Gyarados. NEP, on the other hand, is a new and different forme, that is not available in previous games. Gyarados having a custom sprite would be out of place, and it isn't possible that the Red Gyarados would have a custom sprite while other shiny Gyarados would have the regular recolor.

R_N

Bringing this over from the other thread...
I have seen it mentioned on 2ch that the Red Gyarados in HGSS has a unique ability and moveset, which I think is a good idea to make it more special. Since the Red Gyarados seems to be covered in the latest CoroCoro, I think this sounds plausible.

The Red Gyarados is rumoured to have the move Fissure as well as the ability Drizzle. I was skeptical at first, but this could explain the rain at the Lake of Rage in the Pokemon Sunday video, as well as the 'flooding' in the map of Johto.
It'd certainly make it more special, and it would be nice to have another pokemon with the "Drizzle" ability...but that would get rid of Kyorge's gimmick, eh?

Regardless of ability, I could see it getting a move not normally known. Something to do with rage, so I guess giving it Outrage (move tutor, I know) or Thrash or something would make sense.

mudkipzz

Bringing this over from the other thread...

It'd certainly make it more special, and it would be nice to have another pokemon with the "Drizzle" ability...but that would get rid of Kyorge's gimmick, eh?

Regardless of ability, I could see it getting a move not normally known. Something to do with rage, so I guess giving it Outrage (move tutor, I know) or Thrash or something would make sense.

As I said there, Drizzle is most likely the ability, as it now has a rain effect in the town, something that wasn't there originally in gold and silver. The fact of the radio waves causing its mutation to a shiny, a mutation to the ability is highly probable.

R_N

As I said there, Drizzle is most likely the ability, as it now has a rain effect in the town, something that wasn't there originally in gold and silver. The fact of the radio waves causing its mutation to a shiny, a mutation to the ability is highly probable.

I can easily see it being possible, but don't forget that field weather didn't come about until generation 3, so using that as proof of anything simply because it wasn't there before can be a bit iffy.
Thought I'd bring that up so as to play both sides of the claim and perhaps future things.

Well they are adding a lots more weather effects, look at New Bark Town, they now have a wind effect, and if you look close enough, you can see leaves flying about the place.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
I wonder if they'll add mor eweather effect to more routes

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
But the artwork doesnt show rain in lake of rage and it is raining there.

RSE & DPPt have routes with rains, yet they never portrayed it in the maps. I think, if it was shown, clouds will certainly cover some places, so to avoid that, they didn't show it.

That, of course, is different from clouds purposely covering certain areas, such as clouds covering the Battle Tower west of Olivine.

What about mt.silver?Do you think it will be snowing there?

Definitely, the peak of the mount has snow. But regardless, we were never given the chance to climb outside Mt. Silver. On a different note, if Shinto Ruins lie atop Mt. Silver, then that answers the question.

I don't think that it has been brought up before, but I shall say it anyway:

Remember the Kimono Girls from Ecruteak?
Well they randomly pop up in Johto, and have a larger part in the story than before.

From Bulbapedia:

The Kimono Girls will have roles in the storyline and will be met several times, instead of just being battled in the Kimono Dance Theater in Ecruteak City.

This is apparently some of the information retrieved from the scan, I would have posted this in the Comfirmed Info section, but this hasn't been comfirmed though.

Last edited:

megaman12

Not Happy
I don't think that it has been brought up before, but I shall say it anyway:

Remember the Kimono Girls from Ecruteak?
Well they randomly pop up in Johto, and have a larger part in the story than before.

I think I brought it up before.Anyway, they could help you on your quest and maybe you will meet one in every city ontill you get all five in the dance studio.I hope they get two more sisters for leafeon and glacion post E4

I think I brought it up before.

Oh sorry, I didn't know, damn, I've been doing this alot. :mad:

Anyway, they could help you on your quest and maybe you will meet one in every city ontill you get all five in the dance studio.

That would be nice, but apparently they pop up, and assist you with advice and stuff, similar to the role of Dawn and Lucas from D/P/Pt.

I hope they get two more sisters for leafeon and glacion post E4

Same, they should really be cousins, visiting from a foreign land (Sinnoh)

Nny

Yeah, about that...
I am wondering... will EACH of the sisters be important?

I can imagine having newer sisters who have ice/grass eevee but not brothers.

Miss_Pocket_Monster

I hope they don't get some lame part... like replacing those people who gave you certain items on certain days. D:
Brownie points for remembering the Week Siblings! I hope they bring them back, and that they give you items *every* Monday/Tuesday/Whenever instead of just one item once.

Maybe the Kimono Girls have information about the legends of Johto? It might be kind of cool to battle each of them with an Eevee and then battle the evolved forms when you get to the Theatre. ;196;;197;

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Brownie points for remembering the Week Siblings! I hope they bring them back, and that they give you items *every* Monday/Tuesday/Whenever instead of just one item once.

Maybe the Kimono Girls have information about the legends of Johto? It might be kind of cool to battle each of them with an Eevee and then battle the evolved forms when you get to the Theatre. ;196;;197;

If they do come back, which I expect them to, they'll only give you the item once. They're all hold items that power up certain types. If they repeatedly gave them to you then you would be able to get infinite. It's not like you need more than one anyway.

Mawile412

Problem
I'm pretty sure they were. It doesn't really matter though.

So do you guys think we'll be awarded anything for competing in the Pokethlon mini games? Or is it just to amuse the kiddies?

maybe you can get medals? they're just like ribbons but exclusive to this minigame?

Edit: i looked it up on bulbapedia. the kimono girls were sisters in the anime but they never said they were sisters in the game

Last edited:

Jolesy

Sparky Jolteons(:
Just ribbons would suck unless you're a fan of them. I could see it being you participated you get something. If you lose you get a berry, and then maybe stones or other items like a heal bell or leftovers?

Status
Not open for further replies.