• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*~ HG/SS Speculation / Idea Thread 3.0 ~*~ [READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icup

I wonder what is going to happen to the contest..I hope that they get rid of the whole dress-up and dancing. I liked it on how it was back in R/S/E..but in HG/SS it would be nice if they replaced the dancing with the Pokethlon.

Waterpokes

If they like to use the Stylus thing, why not make a contest where you make own combos with the stylus. Use Bubble and feeze them with Ice Beam.

The Pokethlon looks rather...cool!
Guess I'll do that a lot, wait, can you use any Pokemon you want?
If you can, I will rule the place with Groudon and Snorlax!
Jumping Groudon, here I come!

Waterpokes

So if you are right, so I guess middle weight Pokemon like Pichu, Marill, Snubull, Elekid and many others can be used, while Pokemon like Snorlax and Gyarados cannot?
That ruins the fun, but since you mention it, maybe Pokemon like Torkoal and Ponyta, those with four legs, cannot be used? And no flying types? Since they can jump a long way up in the air.
Running Pidgey! Looks weird.

And I who wanted to see a jumping Gyarados.

Mawile412

Problem
So if you are right, so I guess middle weight Pokemon like Pichu, Marill, Snubull, Elekid and many others can be used, while Pokemon like Snorlax and Gyarados cannot?
That ruins the fun, but since you mention it, maybe Pokemon like Torkoal and Ponyta, those with four legs, cannot be used? And no flying types? Since they can jump a long way up in the air.
Running Pidgey! Looks weird.

And I who wanted to see a jumping Gyarados.

they'll be used. ponyta would be awesome in a race !

well every pokemon has an overworld sprite, so maybe everyone can enter? after all, in contests every pokemon can enter.

superdonut

GaGa Ooh Lala
As fun it would be to see a Snorlax try and run, I doubt they will allow it :B

I can almost guarantee they will not allow certain pokemon. (Snorlax, legendaries, things that cant run)

Bardische

Elegance.
As fun it would be to see a Snorlax try and run, I doubt they will allow it :B

I can almost guarantee they will not allow certain pokemon. (Snorlax, legendaries, things that cant run)

Poor Snorlax. He'll never get thinner XD

All I want to see "run" is a Wailord XD

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
I really wonder what they're going to do with the Safari Zone in Kanto. I think that they might bring it back, since there's no fear of having a Missingno glitch anymore. My only problem would be having both the National Park and the Safari Zone at the same time, kinda awkward.

Bardische

Elegance.
I really wonder what they're going to do with the Safari Zone in Kanto. I think that they might bring it back, since there's no fear of having a Missingno glitch anymore. My only problem would be having both the National Park and the Safari Zone at the same time, kinda awkward.

National Park could be mostly on Bugs.

Safari Zone could actually just be things that were available back then, and maybe some 3rd and 4th Gen in the future.

I don't know abou Scyther and Pinsir, because they were in the Safari Zone back then, but they could just take them out of that zone and put them in the park. But that's just me XD

Ammako

items like a heal bell
Heal Bell is a move.

most likely they will since this is a sequel to FR/LG not R/B/Y.

I'm sure it'll be Green instead of Blue, since it was Red and Green in Japan. I'm not sure if Gary was named Green in the japanese G/S/C, though. They remade R/G into FR/LG, and the US got a remake of red and green instead of a remake of red and blue.

To me, if Gary was named Green in the Japanese G/S/C, it'll be Green. If it was Blue, it'll be blue in HG/SS.

BCVM22

To me, if Gary was named Green in the Japanese G/S/C, it'll be Green. If it was Blue, it'll be blue in HG/SS.

That makes no sense. The international name change for the rival character was the result solely of no other region besides Japan getting a 1st generation game titled "Green Version".

Leaf Green spread that concept internationally eight years later, people are now fully cognizant of a Kanto game with "Green" in the title and thus there's no longer any reason to change the character's name from "Green" to "Blue", even if some of the less-informed might not quite understand why it was changed in the first place.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
National Park could be mostly on Bugs.

Safari Zone could actually just be things that were available back then, and maybe some 3rd and 4th Gen in the future.

I don't know abou Scyther and Pinsir, because they were in the Safari Zone back then, but they could just take them out of that zone and put them in the park. But that's just me XD

Well maybe at first they are just available in the park, and then when you trigger something back in Kanto, a new area of Safari Zone becomes accessible, where you can now catch them (just like in Emerald). Of course the trigger won't be defeating the Elite Four, as you need to do so in order to visit Kanto in the first place.

Nny

Yeah, about that...
Is their hidden ability even confirmed?

Also, we have no clue whatsoever. I'm assuming they will not have Pressure?

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
God, you guys suck.

Maybe you can't get this in your head.

3 OR MORE SENTENCES OF DETAIL PER POST

Seriously. I had to delete tons of posts on the last few pages that disobeyed this rule. If you can't think of 3 or more sentences' worth of stuff to post, then don't post.

This thread may end up being closed because you guys can't follow a simple rule. And even if it's not, punishments for not following this rule may get worse than just 3 teeny points.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
I wonder what these new abilities will be
Mabye they're completely new abilities
I could see Lugia with something like Magic Guard or Forewarn

Nny

Yeah, about that...
I think it would be amazing if they gave Lugia Drizzle while they gave Ho-Oh sunny day. It might not happen but it would be surprising. x)

Tyranitar Trainer... I don't really understand Magic Gaurd on lugia. Forewarm seems like a lame ability to give it aswell.

megaman12

Not Happy
I think it would be amazing if they gave Lugia Drizzle while they gave Ho-Oh sunny day. It might not happen but it would be surprising. x)

Tyranitar Trainer... I don't really understand Magic Gaurd on lugia. Forewarm seems like a lame ability to give it aswell.

The sunny day ability is called Drought.I was thinking of that as well since lugia can cause storms by falpping its wings and HO-OH is a fire legend.Also I agree that Magic Gaurd and Forewarm are bad to give to lugia and ho-oh.

Raichu_is_awesome

Surge loves Raichu
Do you guys think some people will have Shiny Pokemon?
I mean you can catch them why not other trainers?
You could battle a Youngster and him have an Albino Sentret.
Spr_4d_161_s.png

Also on what is the hidden ability that Ho-oh, Lugia, Red Gyarados has, here is what I think.

Ho-oh = Blaze
Lugia = Torrent
Red Gyarados = Drizzle

ijea4444

That makes no sense. The international name change for the rival character was the result solely of no other region besides Japan getting a 1st generation game titled "Green Version".

Leaf Green spread that concept internationally eight years later, people are now fully cognizant of a Kanto game with "Green" in the title and thus there's no longer any reason to change the character's name from "Green" to "Blue", even if some of the less-informed might not quite understand why it was changed in the first place.

Well personally I believe since this a remake all the names will remained untouched.Others might argue that Remakes don't mean things have to stay exactly the same. But major things such as regions (Kanto), necessary story plots have remained the same.

It just depends on wiether or not you consider names as a important to the game as the regions. As I've already said that in my opinon Blue will remain.

megaman12

Not Happy
Spr_4d_161_s.png

Also on what is the hidden ability that Ho-oh, Lugia, Red Gyarados has, here is what I think.

Ho-oh = Blaze
Lugia = Torrent
Red Gyarados = Drizzle

I dont think they will have trainers shinies since shinies are rare.Also Ho-oh with blaze is good but lugia with torrent is bad.Remember that lugia is a flying phycic.Also those abilities are for starters only.

Grei

not the color
Spr_4d_161_s.png

Ho-oh = Blaze
Lugia = Torrent
Red Gyarados = Drizzle

Ho-oh will not have Blaze, and Lugia will not have Torrent. Those are reserved for Starter Pokemon.

And since Kyogre's the only Pokemon with Drizzle, they won't give the Red Gyarados one. It'd be cool if it had it, but at the same time, think of how impossible it will be to even use the Red Gyarados, with Thunder, an electric type move, being 100% accurate against this Water/Flying Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.