• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*~ HG/SS Speculation / Idea Thread 3.0 ~*~ [READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
Well if you're fine with GameFreak saying "**** you and all the work you put into the games you bought from us" to you, then good for you, BCVM. I seriously doubt that the majority of players would feel the same way, though.

I'd add more to this, but I've gotta go eat; I posted in some thread about Hoenn remakes in the 4th Gen Discussion subforum, and what I was going to say is basically all outlined in there...

What BCVM is saying is that the incompatibility between games isn't GameFreak's fault, but Nintendo's. So blame them instead of gamefreak.

Yeah, Mario is a big Franchise, but the Pokemon Franchise is big aswell, especially considering that the show has been here for over a decade.

But Mario been through that, and realized that it didn't need all that publicity to stay alive. That is what made it Nintendo's Biggest Franchise of them all.

Last edited:

BCVM22

Well if you're fine with GameFreak saying "**** you and all the work you put into the games you bought from us" to you, then good for you, BCVM.

Whether I'm fine with it or not is tremendously immaterial, though I am in fact fine with it because in the end it's just a video game. When the 2nd gen-3rd gen split came, I said a farewell prayer to my old critters and set about collecting new ones. The point is that it's not Game Freak's doing at all. I'm sure if it were up to them, they'd make every game they ever made compatible with every other game. It's not up to them, however; Nintendo develops the hardware for which they make software and therefore they are limited to whatever backwards compatibility Nintendo's hardware development teams determine it feasible to include in their hardware.

I seriously doubt that the majority of players would feel the same way, though.

You can doubt it, but in the end its probably true. Let's take the children currently occupying the target demographic - that's boys ages 6-11 for those of you taking notes - and age them a few years. The kids at the older end of that spectrum will be beyond the target demographic, i.e. Nintendo and Game Freak say "we appreciate your business but can't hear you talking." And kids who are only 2 or 3 or 4 years old or perhaps even not born now will take their place as the 6-9-year-olds of that era. Again, that's the wonder of the human race. To us, kids are like potato chips, i.e. we'll always make more. Some sections of the fanbase might be alienated, but the vast majority will either not care or take it in stride and the games will still rewrite sales charts in every territory.

By programming language, I meant the complexity of the softwares of the next generation. GBA can play GBC and regular Gameboy games the same way DS can play GBA games, It's that the 1st and 2nd generations of pokemon games are incompatible with the 3rd generation, manly because the coding between the two are different.

I think there was an article on this very site that explain the reason why we can't transfer R/G/B/Y/G/S/C pokemons to Ru/Sa/Em/FR/LG.

Which is well and good, and differences in programming may well have proven prohibitive, but the fact that there was no way to allow 2nd and 3rd gen titles to interact effectively was probably the #1 factor in breaking the compatibility chain. I maintain that had such connectivity been possible, Game Freak would have found a way to allow the 3rd gen titles to receive data from the 2nd gen titles.

Josiah

is your favorite
And I agree, Nintendo don't care about pokemon mainly because it not their #1 Franchise; Its Mario Bros that they care about.
Mario isn't the reason why. It's been around for about twice as long as Pokemon, and Pokemon has already sold 9/10ths the games it has. Not to mention, the majority of Pokemon's sales are handheld and the majority (if I'm not mistaken) of Mario's sales are console. The reason they don't make everything backwards compatible is because Pokemon is just a few titles among thousands.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I found something interesting (maybe).
http://www.filb.de/kaihou/content/20090612_corocoro01.jpg
If you look at the picture on the right, above the Larvitar-following-you picture,
and on the right of the Steelix-following-you picture,
You can see an image of Gold with a pokemon.

It looks like they're in Cherrygrove City.
What are the tree-looking things on the left
of the PokeCenter?

Yes, it's Cherrygrove. Those are just pink flowers inside a fence. Nothing special, just aesthetics.

SoulHeart

The picture with the pink houses if you notice something(Cherrygrove City I think)...where the pokemon center is to the left of it you see the pokemart I think it is..if you notice there is a pole there and I expect there to be a flag at the top of it just like the flag thingy near the slowpoke well

hevver

Heart of Darkness
Yes, it's Cherrygrove. Those are just pink flowers inside a fence. Nothing special, just aesthetics.

So you're saying that they're basically
nothing but "aesthetics"? Looks interesting.

EDIT:
Nevermind, they're just cherry flowers.
I looked at the map, and Cherrygrove City is
covered with them.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
So you're saying that they're basically
nothing but "aesthetics"? Looks interesting.

Cherrygrove City ~The City of Cute, Fragrant Flowers~

It's just normal to throw in pink-colored flowers. In GSC, there are only two flower patches. So, here, it's just normal to throw in more flowers. BTW, it's pink because it's the color theme of Cherrygrove.

Just look at why wind vanes and the breeze were added in New Bark. To add feel and ambiance to the place, and to abide by the town's motto.

hevver

Heart of Darkness
Cherrygrove City ~The City of Cute, Fragrant Flowers~

It's just normal to throw in pink-colored flowers. In GSC, there are only two flower patches. So, here, it's just normal to throw in more flowers. BTW, it's pink because it's the color theme of Cherrygrove.

Just look at why wind vanes and the breeze were added in New Bark. To add feel and ambiance to the place, and to abide by the town's motto.

Yes. That's what I was thinking.

hevver

Heart of Darkness
h0v0r, you've been here long enough to know not to double post. Come on now.

Ahh. Sorry about that.
I didn't notice. Thanks.

The picture with the pink houses if you notice something(Cherrygrove City I think)...where the pokemon center is to the left of it you see the pokemart I think it is..if you notice there is a pole there and I expect there to be a flag at the top of it just like the flag thingy near the slowpoke well

I think they are flags.
If you look at the Johto Map,
you can see that all of the PokeMart
have some sort of a flag material in front of
them.

Last edited:

SoulHeart

I'm already getting tired of seeing the same images over and over.I guess we'll all have to wait till' next month for amazing scans again.I know the stuff we've seen is amazing but I might as well not even get back to this forum till' July.If I keep analyzing things I'm going to make the game less exciting for myself.It's like how when the games come out there will be a whole bunch of gameplay videos on youtube that I might be tempted to watch and then I'll ruin the game for myself.Oh well I'll probably watch those vids anyways.

hevver

Heart of Darkness
We all make mistakes. :p

lol. I concur.

I'm already getting tired of seeing the same images over and over.I guess we'll all have to wait till' next month for amazing scans again.I know the stuff we've seen is amazing but I might as well not even get back to this forum till' July.If I keep analyzing things I'm going to make the game less exciting for myself.It's like how when the games come out there will be a whole bunch of gameplay videos on youtube that I might be tempted to watch and then I'll ruin the game for myself.Oh well I'll probably watch those vids anyways.

Yes. I do this as well.
I hate when I'm tempted to watch the gameplay videos
as it would ruin the game for me. You're right, I might as
well not use the computer until the month before the games
are released in the US. :]

SoulHeart

I think that if you wish to appreciate these games then you should just wait till' the game comes out in your area and you buy it and play it without knowing what's going on.I'm pretty sure you'll love the game more that way then already knowing what to do and then playing it.It's going to be hard for me but if I have to stay away from Hg/Ss sites just so I can love the game and say it's worth its money then so be it.See you guys when the game comes out...or not since I'll be playing it?

I think that if you wish to appreciate these games then you should just wait till' the game comes out in your area and you buy it and play it without knowing what's going on.I'm pretty sure you'll love the game more that way then already knowing what to do and then playing it.It's going to be hard for me but if I have to stay away from Hg/Ss sites just so I can love the game and say it's worth its money then so be it.See you guys when the game comes out...or not since I'll be playing it?

I say screw it, I know I'm not gonna be able to keep myself from spoiling the entire game, and I don't care. You say what you will, I want to know as much as I can about this game as possible. :D

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Trust me, he'll come back.

Anyway, I just noticed that there is now an arch on the entrance of Ecruteak.

Oh yeah, another thought occurred to me. Remember Olivine Café? I wonder if they'll put Trainers there asking for some double battles similar to the Seven Star Restaurant at the Hotel Grand Lake.

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~
Trust me, he'll come back.

Anyway, I just noticed that there is now an arch on the entrance of Ecruteak.

Oh yeah, another thought occurred to me. Remember Olivine Café? I wonder if they'll put Trainers there asking for some double battles similar to the Seven Star Restaurant at the Hotel Grand Lake.

Well, they didn't do so with Celadon's café in FrLg so I doubt it, since the cafes are basically the same one, aesthetically. Or maybe they will go with your idea and convert both establishments in to double battle arenas. Who knows.

I reckon they'll add in Kanto's safari zone as it will be a useful way to capture non-johto dex pokémon.

Also, I just want to say here and now (in regards to whether or not all pokemon would be able follow you) I told everyone so :) I love doing that.

[aka]

I wonder if the Sevii Islands will be included...then again it was mostly filled with Johto Pokémon iirc... not to mention I doubt they'd include two regions and extra islands... It's a possibility, though...right?

Status
Not open for further replies.