• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*~ HG/SS Speculation / Idea Thread 4.0 ~*~ [READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 11515

Welcome to the Ideas for the Heart Gold/Soul Silver Thread.

I'm restarting this because well, the rules weren't enforced much in the last thread. However, in this thread, the rules will be enforced heavily!
We want you to put thought in your ideas, not make some retarded one liner just for postcount+ :\​

Rules.

1. Don't spam!
  2. No "Oh that's a good idea" posts.
  3. All posts must be at least three sentences long. Elaborate on your idea, please.
  4. Also, make sure ideas are reasonable. - Posting unreasonable ideas, especially the last two, may get you an infraction (
    redcard.gif
    )!
    • None of this "Calling out attacks" crap
    • There likely won't be trainer customization
    • No, this game won't be completely in 3D
    • No, this game will not have all four regions, or more than 3. It's a remake, not a new game.
    • NO THERE WILL NOT BE ORANGE ISLANDS IN THIS GAME.
  5. Use the SEARCH feature to see if your idea has already been posted! We don't need the same idea posted OVER and OVER and OVER again.
  6. No 5th Gen Speculation. It doesn't go here. :|
  7. No further remake discussion, either.
  8. Don't post fake crap.
    English guy on gamefaqs summarise for me,
    my language very bad! sorry -

- New images for Kanto/Johto Pokemon, DPP images for Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokemon.
    - New PokeGear with phone, radio and new apps. DSi-exclusive camera app you save image to dsi memorys. Gold-Silver versions, you can change at Silph Co. It's backwards compatible with Poketch apps (!).
    0248.png

0252.png

- New DSi app: Pokebox. It's a mini-Pokemon Ranch.
    - Little changes on the story and some gameplay differences. Bug catching, fishing. Sweet honey replaces headbutt.
    - Ho-Oh, Lugia, and the three dogs, just like in the original games.
    - Kanto is available, you can obtain Kanto starters, Mewtwo and the birds. Safari Zone and Cinnabar Island are present.
    - Secret islands and locations for event pokemons: Mew, Deoxys. GS Celebi event is back, though maybe it'll be removed from non-japanese versions...
    - Underground, secret bases, fossils, gems. You can obtain the fossil pokemons at Cinnabar Island.
    - Battle Frontier. After you finish it, you can obtain a Hoenn starter.
    Worth to note there no new pokemon but all pokemon so far available
    and you see but not catch red gyarados this one!
  9. IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.
  10. If you see a post that doesn't follow the rules, use the report button (
    report.gif
    )!
Failure to comply with the rules will result in you receive a warning ([img139]http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/buttons/yellowcard.gif[/img139]) ~

If you have any questions, PM a moderator of the section.

ijea4444

Reposting due to new thread.

I too believe that Drizzle should stay exclusive to Kyogre, but unless your playing UBERs Thunder isn't really a common move in the average team.The only reason Red Gyrados would be good with Drizzle, is if it had a counterpart with Drought. And I don't see any other pokemon similar to Gyarados in the Johto dex that could have Drought. I think it would be too gamebreaking for there to be removal of Damp Rock/Several Rain Dance move slots on a Rain Dance team.

TBH If someone just saw that there was rain out side could easily make that false statement. I truely believe that they just put there for a feel of danger or to make Gyrados a possibly harder fight because it would be low-level compared to the Levels that your pokemon would be.

Bardische

Elegance.
One of the mini-games would be swimming in my opinion. We have yet to know the identity of the remaining seven mini-games, but this idea couldn't hurt :D
Basically, it would just be racing except for the Water-type Pokemon themselves. Since obviously most Pokemon that can run have legs and other appendages, and aquatic Pokemon have fins and things that can really have them run on land, I think this is fitting.

Also, another separate for Flying-types as well. It will just like the Poke Ringer Contest XD
Nah, not like that. Anime =/= Games.
But I'm against Flying-types partaking in the race, because they can fly for crying out loud :mad:

But I also have a feeling some Pokemon won't be included in these mini-games if ever they revealed these games, and maybe even some Pokemon can't participate in any mini-game altogether. But I also have a feeling if any of the remaining mini-games are revealed, at least any Pokemon can join in one of them. It maybe GameFreak's way of showcasing the new overworld sprites for each Pokemon. I have the feeling :D

I've been thinking...the ability that is Pressure which is shared by Ho-oh and Lugia seems so much like a placeholder ability. I really hope Ho-oh and Lugia get new, unique abilities. I was thinking Flash Fire for Ho-oh and maybe Water Drain for Lugia. Hmm what others could fit?

Bardische

Elegance.
I've been thinking...the ability that is Pressure which is shared by Ho-oh and Lugia seems so much like a placeholder ability. I really hope Ho-oh and Lugia get new, unique abilities. I was thinking Flash Fire for Ho-oh and maybe Water Drain for Lugia. Hmm what others could fit?

Is this about the so-called "hidden ability" that was announced for Ho-Oh and Lugia? Then this is what I think.

Just because it had ability doesn't mean it's actually an in-game Pokemon ability. It could be something that affects the storyline barring HM moves to something really different that hasn't appeared in any other Pokemon games so far.

Or, it could just be a normal in-game ability that serves as a second ability for both of them. New abilities can never be, so it can be an already existing ability within the games. With that in mind, I have no idea what abilities can be used.

If it's an ability, in my opinion, it WILL have compatibility issues with Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. They will have an ability they can't learn in those games.

The "hidden ability" they are talking about seems more likely to be a special thing that could happen in HG/SS. If it was an in-game ability, it's not so hidden anymore since it could be any ability that already exists in the current generation...

R_N

So I just thought of something.
Rather then mark it to a specific building, what if the (let's say basic) GTS functions were implemented into the Pokemon Centers? Specifically, as a replacement for the the Time Machine.

It'd certainly be more convenient to just go into your nearest Pokemon center, and nothing has ever specified that the GTS' capabilities needs it's own building.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Lugia: Drizzle
Ho-Oh: Drought

Except those are Groudon and Kyrogre's abilities. They can't be given to other Legendaries.

If it's an ability, in my opinion, it WILL have compatibility issues with Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. They will have an ability they can't learn in those games.

I don't think it matters. You'd be catching them in HG/SS anyway. Pretty sure trading and battling don't matter once they have the ability.

Nny

Yeah, about that...
Yeah Sheimi-Shaymin, you're right. When I think of hidden abilities, I think of how some pokemon had "hidden effects." For example, isn't it the ability Flame Body which cuts the amount of time it takes to hatch an egg? Like how static was able to attract more electric pokemon. (atleast in Emerald)

Although I think I still prefer the idea of Drizzle/Drought. ;)

Snowyarticuno: Actually, I wish they could do that. x(

Skirgedot

So much fuzz about Drizzle and Drought. Don't we have Rain Dance and Sunny Day which actually does a limited-time but same effect?

I'm more interested in the wind. I could think of a billion side effects when activated, although its unlikely we'll have it. It'll end up being just another graphical addition.

Nny

Yeah, about that...
So much fuzz about Drizzle and Drought. Don't we have Rain Dance and Sunny Day which actually does a limited-time but same effect?

I'm more interested in the wind. I could think of a billion side effects when activated, although its unlikely we'll have it. It'll end up being just another graphical addition.
Yeah but in order to have one of the attacks, one must get rid of a perfectly good move slot. Not only that but Drought/Drizzle doesn't wear off in 5 or even 10 turns.

As for the wind, it isn't anything important. It is more of a reference to what Prof. Oak once said.

"Professor Oak tells Ash to head west, where he’ll find New Bark Town, where great things await him. Professor Oak remarks that that’s why it’s called "The Town Where New Beginnings Blow". Ironically, a strong breeze blows the window open. "

Last edited:

BCVM22

As for the wind, it isn't anything important. It is more of a reference to what Prof. Oak once called Johto.

No it isn't. The wind effect is in there because New Bark Town was always "where the wind of new beginnings blows" or whatever; not because of a line of dialogue in the anime.

The games affect the anime. Not the other way around, never the other way around.

Oh man, c'mon, did you forget Wondertomb already? Abilities were programmed in a different way in DPPt. You can have any pokémon with any existing ability, the only issue you have is that there's no legitimate way to do that, obviously. However, once they give you a certain way to make X pokémon have Y ability, the issue just vanishes (at least for that ability+pokémon combo).

Yeah Sheimi-Shaymin, you're right. When I think of hidden abilities, I think of how some pokemon had "hidden effects." For example, isn't it the ability Flame Body which cuts the amount of time it takes to hatch an egg? Like how static was able to attract more electric pokemon. (atleast in Emerald)

Although I think I still prefer the idea of Drizzle/Drought. ;)

Considering lv1 Kyogre/Groudon were deemed Uber in old Netbattle, I really don't want to see Lugia and Ho-oh getting those abilities for now. At most, a new Uber may get them, but obviously, that's something for 5th Gen. I'd prefer Flash Fire/Water Absorb, or Serene Grace at least for Ho-oh. Just imagine, having 60% PAR Thunder and 100% BRN Sacred Fire...

Did you just... said Drizzle and Drought aren't really that useful?

Nny

Yeah, about that...
No it isn't. The wind effect is in there because New Bark Town was always "where the wind of new beginnings blows" or whatever; not because of a line of dialogue in the anime.

The games affect the anime. Not the other way around, never the other way around.
Either way, the wind is there because of what New Bark Town symbolizes.

I only recall hearing New Bark Town being called that from the show; I don't remember if the game even said such a thing. That is why I mentioned the show.

I said it wasn't anything important because I doubt it'll appear anywhere else in the game. I also doubt it'll cause any changes in battles.

Considering lv1 Kyogre/Groudon were deemed Uber in old Netbattle, I really don't want to see Lugia and Ho-oh getting those abilities for now. At most, a new Uber may get them, but obviously, that's something for 5th Gen. I'd prefer Flash Fire/Water Absorb, or Serene Grace at least for Ho-oh. Just imagine, having 60% PAR Thunder and 100% BRN Sacred Fire...
Indeed... the birds would become much more powerful. Ho-Oh could easily do a Solar Beam and take advantage with Sacred Fire. Lugia with Thunder.

Hmm, Serene Grace would also seem like a very powerful ability for them. 100% Burn, ouch. x(

ijea4444

Hmm, Serene Grace would also seem like a very powerful ability for them. 100% Burn, ouch. x(

It would become almost Heat wave + W-o-W. :(

But since when is Ho-oh known for starting droughts and creating lands? Lugia teeny tiny tency bit sounds like Drizzle fits because he creates storms, but as far as I've seen he creates it with his psychic abilties, and he does that just create storms and typhoons, not rain or oceans. Drizzle/Drought should remain exclusive moves.

megaman12

Not Happy
Guys,the winds are thre because of the towns logo.Since we now have better technology then when g/s/c came out,the creators added wind to make the logo true.Also I believe the abilities for lugia and ho-oh would be new ones.

Shinx_the_Sphinx

Staravia Trainer
Anything is better than Pressure!

Since Eusine is in, I definitely think the new Dragon Den will be in, although I'm not sure about the Extremespeed Dratini. And I hope this time around the "test" you are given is a little harder.

I think you will be able to obtain Murkrow, Misdreavus, Larvitar, Houndour etc. before the Elite 4 because Game Freak has probably seen the mistake of putting Johto Pokemon in Kanto etc.

I only recall hearing New Bark Town being called that from the show; I don't remember if the game even said such a thing. That is why I mentioned the show.

There was a sign in the middle of the town saying that, IIRC.

I said it wasn't anything important because I doubt it'll appear anywhere else in the game. I also doubt it'll cause any changes in battles.

It could be an endless Tailwind, but that's a really long shot.

Poor Ho-oh has so much against it (Kyogre with its Drizzle, Palkia with a 4x resistance, higher speed and STAB Water-type moves, other dragons resisting its Sacred Fire, faster Ubers like Darkrai and Deoxys-S, Heatran even) and Lugia always had all the cool things for so long (speed, defenses, decent defensive typing (I mean, he can stall even ESpeed Arceus!)), that a guaranteed damaging Burn move (ok, not guaranteed as Sacred Fire has 95% accuracy) would be a much needed boost.

Anything is better than Pressure!

For Ho-oh, that is. Lugia actually likes its Pressure as it's a stallish pokémon, and draining Arceus's Extremespeed's PP just by sitting there and Roosting all day long is just too awesome to give up for Pressure (unless its possible new ability, if it's really going to get one, is something even more amazing).

Last edited:

ijea4444

Poor Ho-oh has so much against it (Kyogre with its Drizzle, Palkia with a 4x resistance, higher speed and STAB Water-type moves, other dragons resisting its Sacred Fire, faster Ubers like Darkrai and Deoxys-S, Heatran even) and Lugia always had all the cool things for so long (speed, defenses, decent defensive typing (I mean, he can stall even ESpeed Arceus!)), that a guaranteed damaging Burn move (ok, not guaranteed as Sacred Fire has 95% accuracy) would be a much needed boost.

Well seeing as W-o-W is a 75% accuracy move, we don't really have a guaranteed burn move let alone a damaging burn move with that much chance of burn happening. The closest we have to that right now is a serene grace pokemon with flamethrower, and off the top of my head the best one is togekiss.

My only issue with the new ability is that we won't see much more Groudon/Kyogre, or a chance for a pp-stalling Lugia, which I had in mind. Groudon would become almost useless, Kyogre would still remain up there with Scarfspout. But I <3 Groudon more than Ho-oh, so I guess that is why I'm more inclined to not want the new abilities.

The best compromise IMO would be to give either you games bird(lugia in SS/Ho-oh in HG) the 'new ability' and the other bird pressure, or vice-versa.

My only issue with the new ability is that we won't see much more Groudon/Kyogre, or a chance for a pp-stalling Lugia, which I had in mind. Groudon would become almost useless, Kyogre would still remain up there with Scarfspout. But I <3 Groudon more than Ho-oh, so I guess that is why I'm more inclined to not want the new abilities.

That would only happen if Lugia/Ho-oh's abilities become Drizzle/Drought, of course.

The best compromise IMO would be to give either you games bird(lugia in SS/Ho-oh in HG) the 'new ability' and the other bird pressure, or vice-versa.

Exactly what I have in mind. Actually, that's the best way to include some "version-exclusiveness" to them, as Game Freak's way of doing Uber duos nowadays is always having each one in only one version.

Nny

Yeah, about that...
There was a sign in the middle of the town saying that, IIRC.
If only I could replay Crystal... stupid battery.

It could be an endless Tailwind, but that's a really long shot.
It would be a nice touch of they actually included the wind in a thunderstorm/heavy storm.

Don't forget Stealth Rock.

I think it would be nice if Ho-Oh got Serene Grace... Ancient Power, Thunder, Secret Power, Charge Beam, and other moves that may cause flinching. It can become way too powerful.

But again, I am now starting to doubt the weather ability for them... instead they'll get a "hidden" effect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.