• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*~ HG/SS Speculation / Idea Thread 4.0 ~*~ [READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Also note there is no path to Kanto yet, and the Folder icon is blanked out!

What could this mean?

Maybe that folder icon is just used for switching between the maps of Johto and Kanto. That would make sense.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

What I'm wondering, is if for some reason Headbutt trees are removed - how will Pokémon such as Aipom, Pineco and Heracross be obtained? I can't see any other areas they could possibly be in.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
What I'm wondering, is if for some reason Headbutt trees are removed - how will Pokémon such as Aipom, Pineco and Heracross be obtained? I can't see any other areas they could possibly be in.

If they do remove Heabutt trees then they will be replaced by Honey trees where you will find those Pokemon. And if for whatever reason they include neither they'll probably be very rare in Ilex Forest.

Gokuzaru

GOLD, Master Of All
they cant do that! headbutt trees are way better than honey trees. i loved haveing to use headbutt and get immediet gradification instead of forgetting about it and not getting a pokemon at all.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
has it been confirmed what is on the west of cianwood? if not, then it shows that it is open when you get to cianwood, so what is it?

We still don't know.

Pineco and Heracross are always welcome to the Bug Catching contest. They may be rare, but catching them might net you first place, especially Heracross.

Aipom can always lurk around Ilex Forest.

m190049

Local psychopath
If they do remove Heabutt trees then they will be replaced by Honey trees where you will find those Pokemon. And if for whatever reason they include neither they'll probably be very rare in Ilex Forest.
There are no Honey Trees on the map...

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero

Well it would be Honey Trees, and all three would be on them, because Heracross and Aipom are on DPPt Honey Trees, and Heracross/Pineco weren't in the original Bug Catching Contests, then the only viable place IMO is sadly Honey Trees.

m190049

Local psychopath
Well it would be Honey Trees, and all three would be on them, because Heracross and Aipom are on DPPt Honey Trees, and Heracross/Pineco weren't in the original Bug Catching Contests, then the only viable place IMO is sadly Honey Trees.

*Points to post above yours*

they cant do that! headbutt trees are way better than honey trees. i loved haveing to use headbutt and get immediet gradification instead of forgetting about it and not getting a pokemon at all.

And I would like to pose the question, why not?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
So Folder, when used on Cities/Towns, gives us a map AND description! But what about the Magnifying Glass? Detailed maps of Cities/Towns AND Routes?

I'm pretty sure the Folder switches maps and the Magnifying class is for the details views. It would make sense would it not. you store maps in a folder and a use a magnifying glass to examine.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I agree, if Headbutt trees are for some bizarre reason taken out of the game, then Pineco and Heracross would make great additions to the Bug-Catching Contest and Aipom can be in Ilex Forest, or maybe just some bog-standard routes.

It would make sense, the folder switches the maps, because you take one out and one back in. And you can use the magnifying glass to see details a lot closer.

HERLS

LOLOLOL
Or they won't be included to encourage you to purchase other versions.

Are you trying to tell me that they'd exclude Johto Pokémon from a Johto game to convince us to buy other games? And at that, Johto Pokémon that aren't even particularly important?

You're wrong. 100% wrong. No doubt about it.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
This is all basing on the "if" that Headbutt trees will be taken out and Honey trees will not be put in, mind you.

Dragon Houou

ドラゴントレーナー

I agree. I still think that headbutt trees are in and honey trees are out. Sorry to any body that likes them but honey trees are a waste of time. Why wait several hours when you can get the pokemon you want right away? If hb trees are sadly replaced with honey trees(which I doubt), they should cut the waiting period in half or something.

Also, I want to bring this to everyone's attention. I found a video of a new trailer of hgss but you guys have probably seen this. If you have, then disregard it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnVdNKVXZwM&feature=related

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I agree. I still think that headbutt trees are in and honey trees are out. Sorry to any body that likes them but honey trees are a waste of time. Why wait several hours when you can get the pokemon you want right away? If hb trees are sadly replaced with honey trees(which I doubt), they should cut the waiting period in half or something.

Also, I want to bring this to everyone's attention. I found a video of a new trailer of hgss but you guys have probably seen this. If you have, then disregard it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnVdNKVXZwM&feature=related

I haven't used Honey trees at all, but if you complain so much about the wait, couldn't one just simply use their DS to advance the time? Honey Trees were going to be originally implemented in the games, it's not so farfetched to say that they could replace the headbutt trees. It seems logical to say that the honey trees could easily replace the headbutt trees. Personally I enjoyed the headbutt trees, but whatever. I don't mind if they're replaced.

The video is a few days old, but thank you for posting it. I'm sure some people haven't seen the trailer yet.

Are you trying to tell me that they'd exclude Johto Pokémon from a Johto game to convince us to buy other games? And at that, Johto Pokémon that aren't even particularly important?

You're wrong. 100% wrong. No doubt about it.

They removed worthless pokemon from emerald.

Status
Not open for further replies.