• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*~ HG/SS Speculation / Idea Thread 4.0 ~*~ [READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxic Pyro

Hard-Core Battler
Exactly. But i doubt they'll take out contests...The people that like contests (which oddly seems to be no one on this fourm lol.) Made a huge complaint about LG/FR not having a contest hall. LG/FR was really just a test to see what would happen if they remade an older version. I Think they'll hopefuly make the right descisions this time.

I hope contests are in, as it one of the only ways to get a star on your trainer card, and plus it was an interesting mini-game were you could earn accessories and stuff.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Well because the old contest weren't that um like fruity with the dancing, and the dress up game. It was more stright foward. I like the D/P/Pt type contest though, I think there intresting, and waste alot of time.

As for the whole Jessie, and James situation. Let me just point this out, without trying to make an arguement. Rocket Grunts, and Rocket Executives never had names, and I doubt they will now, they are only seen as " Rocket Grunt " or " Rocket Executive ". The two executives never had Weezing, or Arbok, as there signature Pokemon. They had Houndoom , and Murkrow. As pointed out, just cause they may look similar can be the same said, about Mars and Silver. Or Agatha and Bertha. Maybe gamefreak put them there as an easter egg, maybe not. Also to point out, there was a pair of Grunts, in FR/LG who had similar Pokemon to the Executives, and there were plans of the Lake of Rage in there computer, maybe that was just another easter egg too ;)

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist
Exactly. But i doubt they'll take out contests...The people that like contests (which oddly seems to be no one on this fourm lol.) Made a huge complaint about LG/FR not having a contest hall. LG/FR was really just a test to see what would happen if they remade an older version. I Think they'll hopefuly make the right descisions this time.
i like contests as well, almost as much as battling. but i really dont see contests being in.

I hope contests are in, as it one of the only ways to get a star on your trainer card, and plus it was an interesting mini-game were you could earn accessories and stuff.

i am pretty sure that instead of needing contests to get a star, you will use the pokethlon. but what intruigues me is, what are accesories for? i dont think there will be any contests so what for? wait, were there any printing stations in gsc? you may be able to take pictures of your pokemon like in dppt wearing their accesories. it would be cool if you could give your pokemon acual attire to wear, like accessories, that you could wear in battle! XD
please dont take that last bit as me thinking that that will actually happen.
As for the whole Jessie, and James situation. Let me just point this out, without trying to make an arguement. Rocket Grunts, and Rocket Executives never had names, and I doubt they will now, they are only seen as " Rocket Grunt " or " Rocket Executive ". The two executives never had Weezing, or Arbok, as there signature Pokemon. They had Houndoom , and Murkrow. As pointed out, just cause they may look similar can be the same said, about Mars and Silver. Or Agatha and Bertha. Maybe gamefreak put them there as an easter egg, maybe not. Also to point out, there was a pair of Grunts, in FR/LG who had similar Pokemon to the Executives, and there were plans of the Lake of Rage in there computer, maybe that was just another easter egg too ;)
mars an silver are not the same character though, and niether are agatha and bertha. you cant compair the two. houndoom and murkrow where their highest leveled pokemon, not their signature pokemon. houndoom only appeared once on the males team while the weezing line is always present. arbok is at the same level as the rest of the pokemon on the females team. but yeah lets not start this up again.

Last edited:
i like contests as well, almost as much as battling. but i really dont see contests being in.

i am pretty sure that instead of needing contests to get a star, you will use the pokethlon. but what intruigues me is, what are accesories for? i dont think there will be any contests so what for? wait, were there any printing stations in gsc? you may be able to take pictures of your pokemon like in dppt wearing their accesories. it would be cool if you could give your pokemon acual attire to wear, like accessories, that you could wear in battle! XD
please dont take what i just said as me thinking that that will actually happen.

And if you have an DSi and SD Card, you could save the image.

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist

ijea4444

It would actually make more sense to e-mail it, since right now Nintendo (which gamefreak is a part of. I'm referring to the entire nintendo franchise, not the pokemon franchise) doesn't want to put too much DSi exclusive things in many games until there are more DSi's being sold.

And we know that Gamefreak likes to do 'tests' and then go all out. Such as amity square in DP which had a limited amount of pokemon, then in Platinum more pokemon were available to use, to the point where they make an entire game with every pokemon possible to be out. I remember there was many of these but this is the only one I can remember off the top of my head.

We know that they 'tested' with email's with Mystery Dungeon rescue alerts, and Platinum's GTS alerts via e-mail. So it could be possible we will be seeing more e-mail oriented features. And sending pictures might be in there as well.

accept that its NOT based on the first generation as a whole. its based on all of the pokemon you are guarenteed you get in the latest (nost up to date)series game, yellow. im not going to list them because you can pretty much guess. and the only other differences in yellow to main series games are jessie and james (which is what is being argued over) and the surfung house, which is under construction in gsc, so its no longer there. thats all of the proof possiblely able to be extracted from yellow. everything else is generic between yellow and rbg. and yes, it IS based on an if, because it isnt fact, its speculation. im just arguing on why jessie and james being in here is a valid arguement. im not saying that it is, im just saying it could be. it isnt almost impossible like contests. this is pretty likely. why? because they have so much in common.

i dont understand.

oh my god. THEY ARE ONLY GRUNTS IN THE ANIME! in the games they are executives.

O_O
youre joking right? please tell me youre kidding. im not even going to justify that with an intelectual response. its posts like this that reminds me how dumb people on these forums can be sometimes.
Uh, excuse me?Jessie and James are in the games, or they are not in the games. It does not MATTER if they are in or not. That's what I was saying. Goodness.

And can you provide to me evidence beyond a reasonable doubt, no possible arguments against, Red's team is based 100% off Yellow? No, no one can.

You seem to have a very big problem with putting out your opinions and assumptions as cold hard fact, and refusing to accept any other idea as being possible. Really, I have no problem with you. You just need to realize you can't post everything as a fact. (Contests not being in, Red being based off Yellow, Johto not being small) because frankly, none of us know. GameFreak has not gone out anywhere and made official statements. Do I think contests may be in? Possibly. Do I care? No. The only reason I think they have a chance of being in is the fact that accessories are in. They serve no other purpose.

And the accessories being in is the only thing that makes me think that contests have a chance of being in. Seriously, there's no other reason for them to be in. Dressing up your Pokemon so you can take a picture? Yeah, that makes SO much more sense than their actual purpose.

Last edited:

BCVM22

And can you provide to me evidence beyond a reasonable doubt, no possible arguments against, Red's team is based 100% off Yellow?

I wouldn't think anyone would be able to do that, 'cuz it's not. Red's G/S/C team is based off the 1st generation as a whole.

Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard, Pikachu - Green, Blue, Red and Yellow Versions
Espeon - the evolved form of the Eevee that "Red" (you, the gamer, playing through a 1st generation game) received from Bill
Snorlax - the Snorlax that "Red" (see above) caught in Kanto "three years ago."

I wouldn't think anyone would be able to do that, 'cuz it's not. Red's G/S/C team is based off the 1st generation as a whole.

Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard, Pikachu - Green, Blue, Red and Yellow Versions
Espeon - the evolved form of the Eevee that "Red" (you, the gamer, playing through a 1st generation game) received from Bill
Snorlax - the Snorlax that "Red" (see above) caught in Kanto "three years ago."
Yes, exactly. Thank you, BCVM22. Red is supposed to represent the first generation as a whole...(The chance of that is as equal to it being based off Yellow)
Him (and later Leaf/Blue) are the face of that generation.

Last edited:

Toxic Pyro

Hard-Core Battler
Yes, exactly. Thank you, BCVM22. Red is supposed to represent the first generation as a whole...
Him (and later Leaf/Blue) are the face of that generation.

Exactly. But wouldn't blue also count?

(also, Carlisle, please check your PM's.)

Chaos Rush

Since this is the Speculation/Idea thread...

I speculate that Red will have a new team in HG/SS, since his team in G/S/C was supposedly based on Generation I as a whole, it would be logical to think that his team would be based on Generation III as a whole. Though that would screw up things, seeing as the main part of Generation III is Hoenn Pokemon, I believe that Red would receive a completely new team all together. I speculate that he will have a Kanto starter, two fire/water/grass Pokemon that act as substitutes for his starter, a random Pokemon, and then Espeon and Snorlax. Green would retain his post E4 team in FR/LG, meaning he would have a Kanto starter, then the 2 Exeguttor/Arcanine/Gyarados substitutes, Alakazam, Tyranitar, and then Heracross. If Blue (or "Leaf" as people refer to as) appears in the game, she would have a Kanto starter, 2 Fire/Water/Grass substitutes, and then 3 random Pokemon.

I'm only saying this because it doesn't seem reasonable for Red to keep his Generation I based team, and logically they would base it off Generation III, but there was no "Yellow" in Gen III, so it would be stupid for him to have a Pikachu.

ijea4444

I speculate that Red will have a new team in HG/SS, since his team in G/S/C was supposedly based on Generation I as a whole, it would be logical to think that his team would be based on Generation III as a whole. Though that would screw up things, seeing as the main part of Generation III is Hoenn Pokemon, I believe that Red would receive a completely new team all together. I speculate that he will have a Kanto starter, two fire/water/grass Pokemon that act as substitutes for his starter, a random Pokemon, and then Espeon and Snorlax. Green would retain his post E4 team in FR/LG, meaning he would have a Kanto starter, then the 2 Exeguttor/Arcanine/Gyarados substitutes, Alakazam, Tyranitar, and then Heracross. If Blue (or "Leaf" as people refer to as) appears in the game, she would have a Kanto starter, 2 Fire/Water/Grass substitutes, and then 3 random Pokemon.

I'm only saying this because it doesn't seem reasonable for Red to keep his Generation I based team, and logically they would base it off Generation III, but there was no "Yellow" in Gen III, so it would be stupid for him to have a Pikachu.
Yes but it would be ridiculous if he beat Kanto, and btw never went to Hoenn and recieved a bunch of Hoenn pokemon.

The new 'Red' will be based off of Red from FRLG (fire if you like), and still have his original Kanto-ish pokemon. Remake, not Makeover.

Waterpokes

Red should use his Gold/Silver team, while Cal should get a brand new team.
Feraligatr, Meganium, Typhlosion, ???, ???, ???
Wonder if Cal even will appear, he was worth fighting each day.

Rabidmunchlax

Why would red the gen 1 protaganist be based off a team unrelater to gen 1.
The two reasons that his pokemon are what they are is 1: the pokemon you recieve from people in yellow, evolving the eevee and adding the snortlax as it is compulsory to battle it or 2 the gen 1 mascots

Gokuzaru

GOLD, Master Of All
i agree. there is no point to giving him third gen pokemon.

Waterpokes

I agree, Red should have his team from Gold and Silver.
Pikachu, Blastoise, Charizard, Venusaur, Snorlax and Espeon should be Red's team.
If it's any changes I could think of, Red should replace Espeon with Umbreon if that ever happens.

hevver

Heart of Darkness
I agree, Red should have his team from Gold and Silver.
Pikachu, Blastoise, Charizard, Venusaur, Snorlax and Espeon should be Red's team.
If it's any changes I could think of, Red should replace Espeon with Umbreon if that ever happens.

He should. But we will never know if he will actually keep
his old team. It all rests on Gamefreak's hands. We will eventually
find out soon.

spareux

maldición
Whilst "Red's" team probably will be casted with the intention of reflecing the first gen, if these games are more aimed at being a sequel of Fr/Lg, the Hoenn Pokemon aren't entirely impossible. Unlikely, yes, but the events of Hoenn and Kanto were synched, and that Network Machine thing provided a link to Hoenn.

Waterpokes

If you like to have Red use Hoenn Pokemon, just include Brendan/May then.
Make him be in Kanto somewhere and use random Hoenn Pokemon.
Red is Red and he should use his team from Gold/Silver.

Status
Not open for further replies.