• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HG team help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slugger57

I smell a Lawsuit...
I am wanting to make a team that will do well in Pokemon Battle Revolution wi-fi battles. I am willing to do a little bit of EV training if you want to sudgest EV's. I am also willing to breed to get egg moves. I have come up with a few ideas, but I'm not so sure how good they are. I really want to build a team that works well together. Alright, here are my ideas.

Feraligatr @Muscle band Ability-Torrent
Nature:Adamant
Waterfall
Ice fang
EQ
Swords dance

Nidoking @Life orb/? Ability-Poisen point
Nature: A nuetral nature
EQ/Earth power
Ice beam
Thunderbolt
Stone edge

Forretress @Leftovers Ability-Sturdy
Nature:Careful
Toxic spikes
Stealth rock
Bug bite
Protect/Explosin

I have really been wanting to try forretress out. I'm thinking about bug bite because it would let him take out psychic types if it was in a double battle with nidoking and it also would make him easier to train in-game.

I was also thinking of dunsparce with a paraflinch set. Plz post up sudgestions for the last 3 pokemon and any changes to the current pokemon. Also, let me know if you think any of the above three shouldn't be on the team. Thx! :)

krizcillz

If you're doing this just for PBR, and thusly can't even train as well as everyone else, most people here will have trouble recommending anything; as they only play pokemon online and have no idea how hard it is to EV train 252 evs.

I should note that natures are VERY important, so make sure you breed the right one.

Without changing your pokemon:

Lead with forretress @Leftovers
Stealth Rock
Toxic
Protect
Spikes

Set up SR + Spikes, then stall with Toxic + Protect to grind away at them.

Turn 1 - Toxic
Turn 2 - Protect
Turn 3 - SR
Turn 4 - Protect
Turn 5 - Spikes
Repeat 4+5.

This will rape the next pokemon which comes out. Get as many S.Def + Def EVs as you can.

From there:

Nidoking @Leftovers
Poison Point
Adamant
As much attack and health as you can get (use Power items)

Earthquake
Poison Jab
Megahorn
Roar

Roar is to abuse SR/Spikes
Megahorn gives coverage of psychic types
EQ and Poison Jab are STAB.

OR

Feraligator @Expert Belt
Careful
As many Atk EVs as you can find him. Even split of def + s.def

Dragon Dance
Watefall
Ice Punch
Earthquake

Def + S.def is so you can't DD at least once. After that you'll hit pretty hard with up to 330 atk. You could also go for health, but he gets much better EV growth from these two. Other moves are for coverage.

Only use one of these two. These are your killers.

If you use Nidoking, you could use a baton passer to set him up.

Ninjask @Focus Sash
Speed Boost
Jolly

Protect
Sword Dance
Baton Pass
(some attacking move)

Sword Dance first turn. Sash will keep you alive. Protect the next. This puts you at +2 +2. Switch into Nidoking. These two share none of the same weaknesses, so this should be safe.

OR

Vaporeon @Leftovers
Careful
max def/s.def EVs

Substitute
Baton Pass
Acid Armour
Wish

This will let you set up and build up your defence more, so nidoking can kill for longer.

OR

Umbreon @Leftovers
Careful
max def, max s.def EVs

Sub
baton pass
Agility
Curse

This will let you buff up atk & def or speed AND protect yourself. Umbreon's high def + leftovers makes it a ***** to kill.
This will let you tailor what buffs nidoking gets.

If you use Feraligator you don't need to buff, so another killer is okay.

Preferably someone who resists electric & grass so you can switch into them when you need to.

Electivire @Leftovers / Choice Band
Motor Drive
Jolly
As much speed + attack as you can get.
Thunder Punch
Fire Punch
Earthquake
Brick Break

This will give you great coverage. Feraligator already has Ice Punch so Fire Punch will work better here. Switch in if you think your feraligator is going to get thundered, this will boost electivire's speed.
From there, you've got a good range of attacks, so kill them! Choice band is so you can get more OHKOs, though it's risky 3v3 as you can get easily walled.

Hope this helps. Don't run Nido + feraligator.
Nido needs buffs, then he'll work. He can also abuse spikes. Maybe swap him for a swampert though?
Feraligator doesn't need buffs, just needs someone to sweep for him if he can't buff. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.