• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HG Team

Bossk

Like a champ.
I might get both HG and SS so here goes nothing...

Spr_4h_024.png

Arbok @Life Orb?
~Shed Skin~
-Gunk Shot
-Aqua Tail
-Seed Bomb
-Earthquake

Spr_4h_164.png

Noctowl @Leftovers
~Insomnia~
-Roost
-Reflect/Light Screen
-Feather Dance
-Hypnosis

Just guessing on him

Spr_4h_157.png

Typhlosion@Choice Specs
~Blaze~
-Flamethrower
-Overheat
-Focus Blast
-Extrasensory

Thought I'd try something a tad different

Spr_4h_185_m.png

Sudowoodo@???
~Rock Head~
-Double Edge
-Earthquake
-Sucker Punch
-Hammer Arm

Never used it before

Last two slots go to HM slaves

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
I might get both HG and SS so here goes nothing...

Spr_4h_024.png

Arbok @Choice Band / Leftovers
~Intimidate~
-Poison Jab
-Aqua Tail / Crunch / Glare
-Seed Bomb / Crunch / Glare
-Earthquake
A kind of Hybrid Arbok, I suppose. Firstly, the item that you chose depends on what moveset you want. With the Choice Band set, you should replace either Aqua Tail or Seed Bomb with Crunch for coverage. IMO, you should drop Aqua Tail because the game will play on the imperfect Accuracy of Aqua Tail, whereas there is nothing it can do about Seed Bomb.
With the Leftovers Set, you should not use Crunch, but drop one of the two moves for Glare. The reason that you should not drop both of them is that if you do, this team will be officially destroyed by Ground (Although it already struggles with it a lot).
In either case, Poison Jab > Gunk Shot because of the Accuracy. The game loves Evasion Hax so much.

Spr_4h_164.png

Noctowl @ Leftovers
~Insomnia~
-Roost
-Reflect/Light Screen
-Night Shade
-Hypnosis

I haven't got any experience with Noctowl, but I noticed that it completely lacked an Attacking move. This was really worrying, so I put on its most viable attack, which is Night Shade. I know it isn't great, but it's all I can do. Sorry about that. Everything else looks fine to me.

Spr_4h_157.png

Typhlosion@Choice Specs
~Blaze~
-Flamethrower
-Eruption
-Focus Blast
-HP[GRASS]

Nice. I was never aware that Typhlosion could learn Extrasensory, although you might want to consider rebreeding for HP[GRASS] because it gets far better coverage, and it also helps with this team's gaping Ground and Rock weakness.
IMO, you should be running Eruption > Overheat because Overheat hurts a Specs user too much, IMO. besides, at full health, Eruption hits harder and more consistently than Overheat can.
Also, you might want to consider Choice Scarf > Choice Specs. This is because it allows you to have an even higher chance of causing big damage with Eruption, although it hurts its firepower (no pun intended) a fair bit.

Spr_4h_185_m.png

Sudowoodo@???
~Rock Head~
-Double Edge
-Earthquake
-Sucker Punch
-Hammer Arm

Never used it before

Neither have I, which is why I'm going to replace it rather than rate it :p

Last two slots go to HM slaves

Right, I'm worried by the weakness this team has to Rock and Ground. I'll think of something else you could use, and put it in later.
Hope it helps :)

sasabe

I'm no real rater or so but just wanted to put in with sudowoodo there:

Adamant/brave
@Leftovers
Rock head

Wood hammer
Earthquake
Hammer Arm
Rock slide/Stone edge/sucker punch

Depends on what coverage you'd like, also flinch, crit etc.
I myself enjoy my sudowoodo because of it's nice physical sweeps and defenses, tho its a little slow.

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
QuakEdge weak Team is QuakEdge weak. Now, I'm not sure how much of a problem that is for ingame purposes, but if you meet something fast that has a Ground and Rock type move, you're screwed. I'm assuming that you're keeping this team to pogeys that you find before the Elite Four/without trading, which makes it difficult to suggest QuakEdge resistant pogeys, but considering changing something around.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
A bulky water could handle the QuakEdge problem well. Since you seem to like teams that are away from the norm, you could try Azumarril > Sudowoodo because it can take a hit or two, hit back harder, and it's obtainable inside HG.

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Arbok@Black Sludge
Impish (+Def, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Shed Skin
252 HP, 160 Def, 96 Sp. Def

~Stockpile
~Poison Fang/Toxic
~Rest
~Earthquake

Pretty gimmicky. Shed Skin give you a chance to Rest shorter after you Stockpile up to respectable defenses. Earthquake hits most of the pogeys that are immune to Toxic.