• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HG team

Dark Latios

Beautiful Tragedy
Not sure where I should have posted this, but I need moveset help. Haven't even finished the game yet.. on Clair.

The moves listed are ones I have or plan to have. Ones with unlisted moves are where I'm not even sure what to put there.

I have every tm on Diamond so suggest, please and thank you. :)

Meganium
???
???
???
???

Houndoom
Flamethrower
Crunch
???
???

Donphan
Earthquake
???
???
???

Lanturn
Thunderbolt
Ice beam
Surf
???

Misdreavus
Shadow ball
Psychic
???
???

Skarmory
Fly
Steel Wing
Toxic
???

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Houndoom @ Leftovers / Life Orb
• Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot

Donphan @ Muscle Band / Choice Band
• Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide
- Seed Bomb

Lanturn @ Leftovers
• Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Thunder Wave

Mismagius @ Leftovers
• Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt / Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute / Thunderbolt / Hidden Power [Fighting] / Will-o-Wisp / Destiny Bond

Or something else in the last slot. Substitute is preferred but then you would have two SubNPers, so.

I'll leave the others to the other raters. Hope it helps.

Last edited:

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
i guess i'll do the others.

meganium@leftovers
impish / overgrow
-synthesis
-seed bomb
-toxic
-earthquake

offensive tank set, seedbomb for STAB and earthquake for steels

skarmory@leftovers / muscle band
adamant / keen eye
-swords dance
-drill peck / sky attack / brave bird
-steel wing
-roost

a SD set for skarm, drill peck for reliablility, or skyattack(which is more powerful than 2 drill pecks anyways but it's predictable), or brave bird for a powerful attack
Roost for recovery from recoil.

- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide
- Seed Bomb
- Thunder Fang / Filler
Did anyone else notice five moves?

skyattack(which is more powerful than 2 drill pecks anyways but it's predictable)
Actually, this is false. Sky Attack has a BP of 140, boosted to 210 by Stab.
Drill Peck is a base 80, raised to 120 with STAB. Double 120 is 240. Therefore Drill Peck>Sky Attack in all cases

Dark Latios

Beautiful Tragedy
Thanks! :D Does shadow ball have the same power as dark pulse? I taught my Misdreavus it instead of shadow ball and can't remember why..

So the other day I taught a lot of my pokemon random moves I thought would work before I checked this and ended up with movesets very similar to these, so I feel good about that.

Thanks again!

^Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse have the same BP, iirc. Shadow Ball benefits from STAB while Dark Pulse, which makes it the superior choice. Also, the moves shouldn't be used on the same set as they give very similar coverage.

Meganium@Leftovers
Adamant/Overgrow
~Seed Bomb
~Swords Dance
~Earthquake/Return
~Leech Seed.

Much more Offense oriented Meganium if wanted

Dark Latios

Beautiful Tragedy
Final movesets:

Meganium
earthquake
seed bomb
synthesis
toxic

Houndoom
flamethrower
dark pulse
nasty plot
???

Donphan
earthquake
rock slide
seed bomb
???

Lanturn
ice beam
thunderbolt
surf
thunderbolt

Mismagius
shadow ball
thunderbolt
will-o-wisp
substitute

Skarmory
steel wing
roost
fly
swords dance

I forgot to mention that I didn't plan on getting egg moves.. So yea. Any fillers for the ???s?

Houndoom could fuction as a SubNPSweeper, using Substitue on the last spot. It could also run TFang for coverage.

Donphan could use Poison Jab or Gunk Shot, as it has nothing else to hit Grass Types with, and has a rather limited movepool

Lanturn has two TBolts? I'm guessing one is TWave?

Dark Latios

Beautiful Tragedy
Oops.. yes, its meant to be thunderwave.

Edit: I went to the move tutor to teach Meganium and Donphan seed bomb and it wasn't listed. Do they have to be a certain level or does the pokedex mean that it has to be the tutor in platinum?

Last edited:

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
chances are you went to the wrong one. just outside of the battle frontier there is a house with 3 old guys(was it three? if forget) but they all have moves to teach so you probably just went to the wrong one