• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HG wifi team.

slugger57

I smell a Lawsuit...
Hello everyone. Just want to thank you all for taking the time to look at this team. This will be my first time EV training, but I have studied it for a while, and should be able to do it without any mistakes. (then again, I always find a way to screw things up. XD) I want to make this team for 3 purposes. 1: To do good in PBR (pokemon battle revolution) as well as against my sister, and 2: To be able to fight through the in-game trainers, all they way up to red, and 3: To do somewhat well in the battle frontier. I also want to center the team around heracross, since he is one of my faveorite pokemon, and has amazing potential if used right. Now on to the team!

Well, here is what I have so far.

Heracross @Salac berry
Jolly / Swarm
252 Atk/ 252 Spd /4 HP
-Megahorn
-Close Combat
-Substitute
-Swords Dance

This set is desinged to come in on something that can't damage Heracorss, or the he threatans, and then sub on the switch. This allows Heracross to repediatly sub down to the salac berry range, and then get an SD up as it's broken. A +2 Swarm boosted Megahorn is not only extremely powerful, but no type in the game is Immune to it, making it an awesome main move. CC is for most things that DO resist Megahorn, like Rock, Steel, Fire, and more.

Rhyperior @Leftovers
Brave / Solid rock
252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Sp.Def
-Rock Slide
-Avalanche
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake

Not only does Rhyperior provide near perfect synergy with Hera, but also is a solid sweeper in his own right. Capeable of taking hits and firing them back, as well as acting as an awesome physical wall, Rhyperior also has solid rock to reduce the damage of any super-effective attack against him by 25%, which could mean the differance between a win or a loss.

Bronzong @Leftovers
Modest / Levitate
252 HP/ 252 Sp.atk/ 4 Def
-Calm mind
-Iron defense
-Substitute
-Flash cannon

Bronzong is to help ease the blows from powerful psychic types that can punch through Rhyperior and Heracross, and also can prove to be an incredibly annoying wall/sweeper if allowed to set up.

Flareon @White Herb
Rash / Flash fire
252 HP/ 174 Sp.Atk/ 78 Atk
-Overheat
-Superpower
-Fire fang
-Return

Flareon can now come in and help out by abusing it's ability to absorb fire type attacks, not only making it a great addition to the team synergy wise, but also a very devistating sweeper with Superpower and Overheat working in tandem with the White Herb. If switched in on a fire move, flareon then has access to an amazingly powerful Overheat, which will deal massive dammage even to things which resist it.

Politoed @Life Orb
Timid / Water absorb
252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
-Surf
-Ice beam
-Psychic
-Hypnosis

Once again we have another pokemon with an ability giving it an awesome immunity. Politoed can not only act as a special sweeper, but also take a few hits itself. And when switched in on a Water type move, politoed restores 25% of it's HP, meaning it can keep sweeping even longer.

Dragonite @Lum berry
Mild / Inner focus
252 Speed/ 178 Sp.Atk/ 74 atk
-Dragon claw
-Draco meteor
-Waterfall/Aqua tail
-Fire blast

Now last but not least, we have a good old fashion D-nite, no set up required. D-nite not only raps up a few loose ends in the team's synergy, but also is an awesome mixed sweeper/wall breaker, paving the way for the rest of the team to clean up afterwards.

Well, that's it for now. But even though I have six pokemon now, I would still love to hear any other ideas/improvements anyone may have, and much thanks to Aura Sensai for helping me come up with an aweosme team!

Last edited:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
ohi.

The first one is the best imo.

Rhyperior @Leftovers
Brave / Solid Rock
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Sp.Def
• Rock Slide
• Earthquake
• Fire Punch
• Avalanche

HP maxed for some extra Bulk. Rhyperior can take a hit and hit back hard if we're not talking a Grass / Water Type Move.

slugger57

I smell a Lawsuit...
Sweet! I couldn't find anything that had good synergy with heracross except for maybe magnezone, but Rhyperior fits the bill. Now all I need is something to handle the Psychic types. Also, do you think it might be viable to switch the 252 HP EVs into Sp.Def? Then again, I guess I could always just get a special wall. Lol. Thanks for he idea! I will definately be raising Rhyperior! And the first Heracross set is my favorite too. XD. I guess I know wich one to go with.

Last edited:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Don't use Bold on Rhyperior unless you are forced to since Bold lowers Attack by 10%.

And btw investing into HP is better for Rhyperior.

Maybe Bronzong could deal with Psychic Types by walling them.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Modest / Levitate
252 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 4 Def
• Calm Mind
• Iron Defense
• Substitute
• Flash Cannon

With a 4x resistance to Psychic Type moves Bronzong is a solid counter. Get behind a Sub and try to get to +6 in all three stats. Flash Cannon allows you to hit Psychic Types harder than Psychic and effects all Pokemon so it's surefire. If you can't get another Leftovers then just give Rhyperior Muscle Band.

Flareon could be a nice addition to this Team now that 2 / 3 of your Pokemon are weak to Fire.

Flareon @ White Herb
Rash / Flash Fire
174 Sp.Atk / 252 HP / 78 Atk
• Overheat
• Fire Fang
• Superpower
• Return

It can get switched in if you think a Fire Type Move might hit your way. White Herb allows you to use Superpower or Overheat without getting the Stat drop. Pretty simple set.

slugger57

I smell a Lawsuit...
Thanks for your help with this team. Sorry about that bold thing, that was ust a typo. A bold rhyperior would be just plain stupid. XD

Bronzong would work really well at rounding off the teams weaknesses, but I'm just a little concerned about using a mono-attacking set in game. Also, with the addition of flareon, I have 2/4 team members that are weak to water, and no one who resists it. I could always run something with water absorb also I guess. Something like vaporeon. I could also use it as a special attacker, since it actualy has a usable base stat in Sp.Atk. What do you think?

Aura Sensei™

User Title
^ Or Politoed for a more aggressive approach.

Politoed @ Life Orb
Timid / Water Absorb
252 Speed / 252 Sp.Atk / 4 HP
• Surf
• Ice Beam
• Psychic
• Hypnosis

You already have Bronzong who would give tons of Bulk. Surf is STAB , Ice Beam for Grass Types and Psychic adds a little bit of coverage. You can use Hypnosis to help Sweep. EV's for Max Speed to outspeed most things you'll run into.

And btw Bronzong works fine like that ingame , trust me. At +6 Flash Cannon 2HKO's just about everything (at least) besides other Bronzong's.

A Dragon Type could be nice for some Raw Power. How about Dragonite? I'll post my two favorite sets for it , pick one if you like.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Mild / Inner Focus
252 Speed / 178 Sp.Atk / 74 Atk
• Fire Blast
• Waterfall
• Dragon Claw
• Draco Meteor

Really a fun set to use. MixedNite.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Lonely / Inner Focus
220 Speed / 252 Atk / 48 Sp.Atk
• Dragon Dance
• Fire Blast
• Earthquake
• Dragon Claw

Pretty fun set too.

Thanks for your help with this team. Sorry about that bold thing, that was ust a typo. A bold rhyperior would be just plain stupid. XD

No problem.

slugger57

I smell a Lawsuit...
Awesome! I've been wanting to use D-nite for quite a while now, and am glad to see that it fits into the team quite well. I'll continue to think about it, but I'll probably just end up going with the exact members and sets as on the thread. Again, thanks for your help. I never realized how fun EV training could be when you really get into it. XD I've already got Heracross and Rhyhorn bred and EV trained, and next I'm aiming for Dratini. I was also wondering if the team needs to resist ghost, or if bronzong can handle that with CM. Becuase the team resists every type but ghost, and I'm worrying something like a gengar would tear through the team.

Last edited:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Awesome! I've been wanting to use D-nite for quite a while now, and am glad to see that it fits into the team quite well. I'll continue to think about it, but I'll probably just end up going with the exact members and sets as on the thread. Again, thanks for your help. I never realized how fun EV training could be when you really get into it. XD I've already got Heracross and Rhyhorn bred and EV trained, and next I'm aiming for Dratini. I was also wondering if the team needs to resist ghost, or if bronzong can handle that with CM. Becuase the team resists every type but ghost, and I'm worrying something like a gengar would tear through the team.

Gengar would not be a problem since it's frail and behind a Sub , Bronzong takes care of it after a few CM's. And Rhyperior (for example) , has some natural bulk so unless Gengar carries Energy Ball you should be fine.

No problem ^^

slugger57

I smell a Lawsuit...
Ok, that's good to know. I hope I'm not bugging you, but I have 1 last question. I'm a little worried about flareon. The set looks really good as far as offense goes, but with low defense and a nature that drops Sp.Def, will it be able to take enough hits while sweeping? I'm also concerned about using superpower/overheat in-game, but then again fire fang, return, and the ability to switch out without the AI perdicting it can help that.