• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HGSS and the Beast.

Cassanova

aerodactyl.png

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide

Simple and straightforward and your standard suicide lead.It does not require further explaining as the moveset is understandable.Rock Slide over SE because of the flinch rate and the accuracy.Standard EVs to outspeed and tie with other Aerodactyls and leads while max Atk maxes its attack.

registeel.png

Registeel @ Leftovers
Impish
252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SDef
-Thunder Wave
-Iron Head
-Substitute
-Rest

With Thunder Wave,Registeel has no problem accomplishing the ParaHaxFlinch combo.With Substitute and Rest,Registeel has no problem healing HP without taking any direct damage,as its Substitute is very hard to break with 75/150/150 Defenses.Thunder Wave also allows Registeel to go first,sometimes fully paralyzing,making it better for Registeel,taking no damage on that turn,allowing 1 free turn of rest.Iron Head for the Flinch move.EVs allow equal Defenses and max HP.

rotom-heat.png

Rotom-h @ Leftovers
Bold
252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SDef
-Thunder Wave
-Overheat
-Thunderbolt
-Will-o-Wisp

My support pokemon,that helps my main sweeper sweep successfully after all its threats have been paralyzed or killed.My sweeper has a Fighting weakness which can be solved with Rotom-h,sporting an immunity to it.It helps take care of all Fighting types with Will-o-Wisp,and paralyzing all other pokemon that outspeed my Beast with Thunder Wave.By far the most important member of my team as it also takes down Scizor with Overheat.Thunderbolt over Shadow Ball as it has better coverage.EVs allow equal Defenses and 304 HP.

skarmory.png

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Careful
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
-Spikes
-Roost
-Brave Bird
-Whirlwind

Your standard Skarmory who sets up Spikes for my team,phazing away other stat up sweepers.With Extremespeed Dragonite back,Skarmory serves as a wonderful counter for it,resisting its STAB moves and Extremespeed.Spikes is standard and Roost allows everlasting survivability to Phaze away more threats.Brave Bird as a attacking move to prevent taunts,and to deal some damage.With Spikes and Stealth Rock on the field,it does not take long till all the pokemon are weak enough to die to my sweeper.

dragonite.png

Dragonite @ Yache Berry
Rash Nature
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
-Draco Meteor
-Extremespeed
-Fire Blast
-Thunderbolt

No,no,this is not the beast in HGSS.There is one more better one lurking out there...Draco Meteor serves as its STAB move,and can OHKO any pokemon bar Steels with Draco Meteor + ESpeed.Extremespeed also serves as a reliable priority move finishing off weakened foes.Of Course,Steel types are the bane to this combination.Fire Blast takes care of the Steel types,and the combination of FBlast+TBolt can KO those who are bulky enough to take one Fire Blast.It allows me to hit Ice types who I can usually survive an Ice Beam from due to the Yache Berry,OHKOing the bulkiest even with FBlast+ESpeed.Thunderbolt allows me to hit bulky waters,possibly 3HKOing them with 2TBolts + 1ESpeed,should they outspeed me.Extremespeed Dragonite is very useful in DNite and will increase in Usage.The EVs allow max bulk and max Special Attack.I do not invest in speed due to the paralysis support provided by 2 of my other bulky pokemon.

ursaring.png

Ursaring @ Sitrus Berry
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
-Belly Drum
-Earthquake
-Return
-Crunch

The beast sweeper I am talking about.
With 2364 Attack,it is capable of OHKOing every pokemon in the game.
Sitrus Berry allows me to lose 25% HP only for Belly Drum,and with 90/75/75 Defenses,it can survive one hit and Thunder Wave support is the key to Ursaring's sweep.I do not need to explain anymore as the moves explains themselves.EVs do too.

Godzilla

Banned
yeah we can't rate HGSS teams as they aren't legal on shoddy yet. thx.

sanjay120

?(???)?
you couldn't possibly have tested this.

that said, bellyring doesn't have a weakness to fighting necessarily. just a weakness to any priority ever. scizor shouldn't give you much trouble with rotom and skarm, but things like mach punch ape and aqua jet empoleon/feraligator might.