• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HGSS Legendary Pokemon Discussion

drake13

Ryukishi
Hmm do you think Lugia and Ho-oh will get any kind of plot involvement (I'm not talking TR btw) other than just "Oh here's this wing. Oh look, a bird!" I could see them maybe being tied in with the Eusine/Suicune plot somehow. On a similar note, do you think we'll receive the opposite wing (Silver in HG, Rainbow in SS) from the same anonymous guy in Pewter City? I think it'd be neat if you got it from Eusine in his house after you caught the 3 dogs.

great question!!!

first, just like in GS...if you caught ho-oh/lugia on GS respectively, later in the game, you'll get the silver wing/rainbow wing respectively on pewter city ('ya know, the old man....)....seems that this will also be implemented in HGSS....

it's in crystal where you'll get the rainbow wing from eusine after catching the three dogs...and silver wing from the old man in pewter city....

i do wish that ho-oh/lugia will give a very important plot now in the story....

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
great question!!!

first, just like in GS...if you caught ho-oh/lugia on GS respectively, later in the game, you'll get the silver wing/rainbow wing respectively on pewter city ('ya know, the old man....)....seems that this will also be implemented in HGSS....

it's in crystal where you'll get the rainbow wing from eusine after catching the three dogs...and silver wing from the old man in pewter city....

i do wish that ho-oh/lugia will give a very important plot now in the story....

I agree. I think it should be more about the plot and telling stories than just catchin' 'em.

silversymbol

<----Hunting
What I'd like to see is for Lugia to burst up from the bottom of the water when you engage it in battle.

HERLS

LOLOLOL
No point.

The legendary birds are alerady in Platinum!

The Sinnoh Trio are already available in DPPt. The Legendary Dogs from GSC were available in both Colo and FrLg, and the legendary birds were in both XD and FrLg.

Having a legendary be in two games of one generation isn't impossible, just unlikely.

drake13

Ryukishi
The Sinnoh Trio are already available in DPPt. The Legendary Dogs from GSC were available in both Colo and FrLg, and the legendary birds were in both XD and FrLg.

Having a legendary be in two games of one generation isn't impossible, just unlikely.

they were talking about the 4th gen...they're regardless about the 3rd gen games...we are talking about how the legendary birds, golem trio and lake trio are available in platinum and the beast trio missing...some players doesn't have 3rd gen games that's why nintendo made the trios catchable in 4th gen games...get it???

HERLS

LOLOLOL
they were talking about the 4th gen...they're regardless about the 3rd gen games...we are talking about how the legendary birds, golem trio and lake trio are available in platinum and the beast trio missing...some players doesn't have 3rd gen games that's why nintendo made the trios catchable in 4th gen games...get it???

Of course I get it, I'm just using 3rd gen examples to prove that there's no reason why a legend can't be in two games of one generation.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!

This correct. Too many people shouting at members when they suggest, or add they would like the birds in.

Yes it is unlikely because of Platinum, but it's not impossible and it hasn't been announced. So for those who keep shouting at members about it stop, as it's rather rude and may offend people.

I myself believe that the birds won't be in. But I guess we will have to wait and see.

LedZeppelin1

Expect theUnexpected
Yeah, and if you ask me they would fit so much more in HGSS than in DPPT

Gokuzaru

GOLD, Master Of All
Yeah, and if you ask me they would fit so much more in HGSS than in DPPT

well where would they be then? they had to leave seafoam and the power plant as well as victory road(rbgy) and if sevii isnt in then there wont be mt.ember either, so id like to know whered they be. cause if the story line is true, then they were in sinnoh during this time period. so they cant be roaming injohto/kanto as well. so tell me how they would fit them in?

HERLS

LOLOLOL
well where would they be then? they had to leave seafoam and the power plant as well as victory road(rbgy) and if sevii isnt in then there wont be mt.ember either, so id like to know whered they be. cause if the story line is true, then they were in sinnoh during this time period. so they cant be roaming injohto/kanto as well. so tell me how they would fit them in?

Firstly, there's more than one of each legendary bird, supposedly. Secondly, even if the birds in Sinnoh are the same birds as in Kanto, the legendary birds don't appear in Platinum until you get the National Dex - and if the Red Gyarados story airs at the beginning of the game, then HGSS's story would be long since finished when the birds appear in Sinnoh.

And if they were roaming in Sinnoh, there's no reason why the Kanto ones couldn't be roamers.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here. I don't have any strong opinion either way for the birds' inclusion in HGSS, but some of you guys have ridiculous reasoning for their exclusion.

Gokuzaru

GOLD, Master Of All
Firstly, there's more than one of each legendary bird, supposedly. Secondly, even if the birds in Sinnoh are the same birds as in Kanto, the legendary birds don't appear in Platinum until you get the National Dex - and if the Red Gyarados story airs at the beginning of the game, then HGSS's story would be long since finished when the birds appear in Sinnoh.

And if they were roaming in Sinnoh, there's no reason why the Kanto ones couldn't be roamers.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here. I don't have any strong opinion either way for the birds' inclusion in HGSS, but some of you guys have ridiculous reasoning for their exclusion.

i dont find my reasoning ridiculos. and since you do, how so?
and to go with it, the birds wouldnt appear for hgss til lyou got the national dex there either.
but i guess in the end it wont matter. i still say they wont be in, and my facts and reasoning are just as good as yours, so well just have to wait and watch.

LedZeppelin1

Expect theUnexpected
Easy, after you beat Red Moltres could be in Mt. Silver, Articuno in the Ice Path, and Zapdos in one of the other caves.

Gokuzaru

GOLD, Master Of All
red never moves, he stays up in mt. silver. he doesnt leave.

LedZeppelin1

Expect theUnexpected
I never said Moltres had to be in the same spot as Red.

HERLS

LOLOLOL
red never moves, he stays up in mt. silver. he doesnt leave.

Once you beat him, he disappears until you challenge the Elite Four again. Besides, Moltres could quite easily go in a different section of Mt. Silver.

You know, GF finally got it right in Platinum... Why the hell would rather large, legendary flying creatures (birds) hangout in caves... last time I looked at birds... they fly around a lot... The legendary birds have needed to always be roamers... I understand that was impossible in the 1st Gen... but, since they never showed up in GSC, if they would show up now, they should be roamers... like they were in Platinum... but, I hope they don't come into these games too... Then I'll have three copies in the 4th Gen... but, if they do... make them lvl 55... ( I have my reasons...)

People, you do realise that if these birds were going to be in those games, they would have been shown by now alongside Rayquaza, Kyogre and Groundon, Mewtwo, Lugia and Ho-oh, and also Raikou, Entei and Suicune on the board on Pokemon Sunday.

And plus wouldn't Coro coro have said something by now?
And come on, they were in Platinum, so they really wouldn't come back here.

That was my feelings, Arceus, but, so many people are convinced that I had to add my own two cents... as I said, I really hope they don't show up... just wanted to point out that giant birds in caves made no freakin sense in the first place....

People, you do realise that if these birds were going to be in those games, they would have been shown by now alongside Rayquaza, Kyogre and Groundon, Mewtwo, Lugia and Ho-oh, and also Raikou, Entei and Suicune on the board on Pokemon Sunday.

And plus wouldn't Coro coro have said something by now?
And come on, they were in Platinum, so they really wouldn't come back here.
Well, the Latis haven't been confirmed yet, and they're probably in. But I'm guessing they will be treated as one of those "surprise!" things.

waterballoon

Aspiring Coordinator
Okay, let's face up to reality. The birds are already in Platinum, so why on earth do they need to be in HGSS?

I rather see them spend the time on L@tias or whatever, than on 3 Pokemon who're already on a game of the same generation.

That is a fact.

And oh... I wish Lugia & Ho-Oh would hold more importance in the plot too... they were more like "oh look I'm here! come and catch me once you got my wing!"... it was fun but it was bland too, and it lost a certain 'epic' feel that the 3rd and 4th gens put in, haha.