• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HGSS Legendary Pokemon Discussion

Darth Floe

Sith Lord
I would like that Ho-Oh and Lugia flee when you encounter them, or after u do what u need to do (like in emerald) then u battle them in a area at lv.70

Grei

not the color
I expect

Lugia @ lvl 55, 70 in HeartGold
Ho-oh @ lvl 55, 70 in SoulSilver
Raikou @ lvl 50
Entei @ lvl 50
Suicune @ lvl 50
Latias @ lvl 40
Latios @ lvl 40
Mewtwo @ lvl 70

As for the last three...I dunno. Out of all of the Legendaries we have, those two seem to make the most sense for appearing in HG/SS to me...Mewtwo, we would probably get when we went to Kanto; however, if HG/SS happen three years after the events of FR/LG, then the Mewtwo will have been gone, and the cave gone as well, much like in GSC.

DarkZBoy

POKEMON
I think it would be better for Trainers if the Lugia and Ho-OH's were Level 40, that way you could teach the moves you wanted it to learn, unless there is a move tutor in this version, then yes a level 70 is alright, if not then, that sucks, and you have to either -Trade to D/P/Plat- or -Get Soul Silver or Heart gold if you purchased Soul silver first (Hope that didn't sound confusing)-

DSDark

Breeder
for those who don't think celebi will be in the game, here's some logic. Celebi is one of the few pokemon to not have an in-game location in the past two generations, the other is Jirachi. So seeing how Celebi is a Johto pokemon it only makes sense that it would be in HG/SS.

As for in-game vs event and i'm going to say that nintendo will follow its wonderful trend of having the pokemon that are last of the generation (mew, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus) being both given out as an event pokemon (movie Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus) and being locked in the game by an event item (oak's letter, Member Card, Azure Flute). In this case the item would be the GS Ball as its not only an anime item but a manga item and an item from Crystal.

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram
I think it would be better for Trainers if the Lugia and Ho-OH's were Level 40, that way you could teach the moves you wanted it to learn, unless there is a move tutor in this version, then yes a level 70 is alright, if not then, that sucks, and you have to either -Trade to D/P/Plat- or -Get Soul Silver or Heart gold if you purchased Soul silver first (Hope that didn't sound confusing)-

Level 70's are no fun. Ever. They're 10 levels better than the strongest trainer in most games, and where's the fun in that? And they take forever to grow even one level. I vote for lv40-47 for version main.

League

Master Abra Catcher
The level 40 Cover pokemon should be available after clearing the Team Rocket activity in Goldenrod, with the dogs being wild anytime after awakening them in Ecruteak. The other Cover pokemon will be made available after recieving the correct feather upon beating Brock (IIRC, that's how it happened), at level 70.

After that, Mew, Mewtwo, Celebi, Latias, Latios, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Jirachi, and Deoxys all have yet to appear in the fourth gen. I don't know how or where to put them in, due to the fact that there are more than likely 16 gyms...

BurnBabyBurn

I didn't put to much thought into this.

Evolutions
Magneton / Nosepass - Mt. Silver
Eevee - Rocks in Johto / Kanto

Legendaries
Lv. 40 Ho-oh - Tin Tower
Lv. 40 Lugia - Whirl Islands
Lv. 10 Celebi - Ilex Forest (GS Ball Event)
Lv. 70 Mewtwo - Cerulean Cave (Defeat Kanto Gyms)

Other Legends
Lv. 30 Entei, Raikou, Suicune (Wild Encounter)

Unlikely Legends
Lv. 10 Mew (Complete Pokedex)
Lv. 20 Jirachi (Wild Encounter)
Lv. 50 Deoxys (Mt. Moon)
Lv. 60 Kyogre (Whirl Islands)
Lv. 60 Groudon (Cinnabar Island Volcano Gym)
Lv. 70 Rayquaza (Mt. Silver)
Lv. 40 Latios & Latias (Wild Encounter, One or the Other)

(No Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Regis, Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus)

Zalman

Master of Puppets
Okay, so this is an idea I got a week ago.

Wouldn't it be awesome if they made an "Unown Dimension", similar to the Distortion World in Platinum? Like, if you managed to catch every single of them, you would be able to go there, and one of the legendary dogs could be there. I'm thinking Entei, since it's in the movie.

Suicune could be at the same spot it was in Crystal, and Raikou somewhere else. Instead of having roaming beasts, I would like a roaming Latias and a Latios. But I mainly hope Raikou will have a big enough role so it can make it to the next movie - it never got one (beside Chronicles.)

Also, Mewtwo in Cerulean Cave would be damm awesome. That would make Kanto better.
Oh, and Celebi in the Ilex Forest, of course.

Shepard

metaphysician
for those who don't think celebi will be in the game, here's some logic. Celebi is one of the few pokemon to not have an in-game location in the past two generations, the other is Jirachi. So seeing how Celebi is a Johto pokemon it only makes sense that it would be in HG/SS.

Man I hope Celebi is in the game. Getting good-natured Celebis in trades (especially over the GTS and especially with good IVs) is like winning the lottery. I'm also looking forward to being able to catch the Dogs again (though I hope their IVs and natures aren't determined at the start of the game like Lati@s in Adv, or the dog that showed up in your game based on your starter in FRLG).

shadow_wolf

I'd prefer the box legendaries to be how they were in the original, in the sense that you obtain them both at different stages. Agree that they should be lvl 47 rather then 40 but the second one should be 70 ish if obtained later, similar to dialga and palkia in platinum. Would like to see an obtainable celebi in game that does NOT require wi-fi or an event as i cant get them. As for the 3 beast id say leave them as runners as its probably best but generally insure over other legends.

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram
The beasts will be runners, guys. They were the original runners, and this was the game they started it in. Aside from the one detour in Crystal, they always have and always will be runners.

SowrdXDance

Wish Upon this Star
I think Shaymin is going to be obtainable since in DP Professor Oak talks about how the white rock near the area where you catch shaymin is the similar to the ones found in the Kanto region, which is part of HG/SS.

Man I hope Celebi is in the game. Getting good-natured Celebis in trades (especially over the GTS and especially with good IVs) is like winning the lottery. I'm also looking forward to being able to catch the Dogs again (though I hope their IVs and natures aren't determined at the start of the game like Lati@s in Adv, or the dog that showed up in your game based on your starter in FRLG).

At least Latibros's IVs were determined in Emerald when you chose its color. Probably the dogs will be determined when you walk to wake them up.

I think we will get the same legendary pokemon from the old gold and silver but nintendo might add some new legendary pokemon from kanto reigion like zapdoz, articuno and moltres and regice, regirock and registeel.

They may add foreign legendaries, but not the birds/Regis. They are obtainable in Platinum already.

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram
I am sick to death of Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres, as well as those thrice smited Regis. I feel about them the way some feel about Kanto.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
I am sick to death of Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres, as well as those thrice smited Regis. I feel about them the way some feel about Kanto.

Actually I'd have liked them to include the birds once again, it would spice things up, especially if they can be found at the locations they were found in FR/LG. Simply having dogs/Lugia/Ho-oh and possibly Celebi would be rather boring, and I'd rather have some originals legends like the birds rather than the Regis/Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza. They were in Platinum, but nonetheless, hopefully they might as well appear in these games.

Zalman

Master of Puppets
Lugia is the master of the birds, and Ho-oh of the dogs, so it would actually make sense if they all were included.

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram
I'd be much more appreciative of the birds return if they worked it in to a story like the 2nd pokemon movie had, but I doubt it. I did feel like the games favored Ho-oh's legend over that of Lugia's, what with the Ho-oh/runners relationship.

Mitja

Veteran smartass
I have a feeling that a nonjohto legendary will be in the volcano on Cinabar island.
Mewtwo?
After all, Red chased the birds of (to Plat Sinnoh) so probably him out of the cave too.

Why do so many ppl want Shaymin in it?? Just because there is a special white rock in Kanto doesn't mean it's special purpose will be ingame event for the same legendary.
Jirachi would be alot better. Since it's the only one without ingame event location (beside celebi, who will definitely be in)

Lugia is the master of the birds, and Ho-oh of the dogs, so it would actually make sense if they all were included.

Dogs?

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
i think you may be able to trade with d/p/pt after obtaing a national dex maybe.and also pharps you can migrate.