• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HGSS Legendary Pokemon Discussion

Phioneranchman

Brock was pushover!
It seems a bit dark for a family oriented game to have a "country" in mortal danger from a scary alien.

I can't wait to finally be able to obtain Lugia and Ho-oh in the advanced games, like the third generation and newer. :) I remember when my brother first told me about Ho-oh, I laughed at the name and was wondering what he was talking about. The same day, I caught it during a car trip with my family to some random store pretty far away. I most likely caught it with an Ultra Ball, since they are my favorite. I remember restarting my Gold version and catching it again with a Master Ball for fun, and for some reason it still got me excited lol. When I was trying to capture Lugia, I wasn't even sure if I was surfing the right way to get to its cave. Eventually I found it and battled it for a long time until its HP went down to red, but I don't remember having to use many Pokeballs on it. I loved having Lugia on my team even though I barely trained it; I just liked mostly everything about it. Suicune took me the longest to catch out of the second generation trio. I was so excited when I captured it that I decided I wanted train it to Lv. 100, which I did later.

In HG and SS, I expect Ho-oh and Lugia to be at Lv. 70. I really don't know what to speculate about the legendaries, but I wouldn't mind if no new ones were added. A simple graphical remake of Johto would make me happy, and it would be awesome if new areas were added to capture specific legendaries.

ForeverFlame

Here's my theory:

- Lugia and Ho-Oh will be version exclusive and will be at Level 47 (no Level 70 for the other, since it made the game too easy post-Elite 4 [like Level 70 Rayquaza])
- Celebi will be available summer 2010 by Wi-Fi Event (I'm guessing that Movie 13 will have Celebi in it)
- Mewtwo will be in Cerulean Cave at Level 70, which will be unlocked in a Wi-Fi event
- Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza will be on Navel Island, which will be unlocked in a Wi-Fi event
- Latios and Latias will likely be available in the same way as Emerald
- Shaymin will probably be on Route 25, which will be unlocked in a Wi-Fi event
- Deoxys will still be on Birth Island, which will be unlocked in a Wi-Fi event

And that will make Jirachi the only Pokemon not available in the fourth generation games (since you can get Mew in MPR). They may make an event for Jirachi, but it's a huge stretch. My personal theory is that Jirachi will be made available in the next Pokemon Wii Game, and they may make Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, and Deoxys available in the same way.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
(no Level 70 for the other, since it made the game too easy post-Elite 4 [like Level 70 Rayquaza])

You've got to remember, though, that most of the Trainers even post-Elite Four were severely underleveled. Ah, I remember it took me ages to find the Rainbow Wing. Sometimes you couldn't even really find the other legendary if you didn't have a guide or weren't very old yet. It was a challenge for me to finally get to Ho-Oh in Silver.

ThomBom(Pearl Fan)

Pro Pizza Eater
I was thinking:

Ho-Oh and Lugia exclusive lvl 47
Mewtwo lvl 70
Dogs lvl 50
Celebi lvl 30
Shaymin lvl 30
Jirachi/Deoxys at Mt Moon
No 3rd Gen legends (rayquaZa groudon kyogre) unless Hoenn added.
Arceus lvl 70
no regis
Maybe latis

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
HeartGold/SoulSilver Legendaries

Here is my speculation list on the legendary Pokemon that you can find in the upcoming games:

Ho-oh/Lugia Level 50 At their respective locations (Tin Tower or Whirl Islands) before the Elite Four fight and part of the storyline as version exclusives. The other Pokemon is at Level 70 and can be fought after the Elite Four.

Raikou/Entei/Suicune Level 40 At the Burnt Tower and roam around Johto after you see them.

Shaymin Level 30 At a second Flower Paradise in Kanto after a White Rock event.

Celebi Level 30 At Ilex Forest after a GS Ball event.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Ho-oh in normal place, level 70. Lugia in normal place, level 70. All three dogs are running around, level 40. Celebi event involving GS Ball, using the Shrine in Ilex Forest.

I don't think a running Lati@s is gonna happen, mainly because there are 4 runners, although in PLatinum isnt there five, now that the Kanto birds are runners, so then it is possible.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Ho-oh in normal place, level 70. Lugia in normal place, level 70. All three dogs are running around, level 40. Celebi event involving GS Ball, using the Shrine in Ilex Forest.

I don't think a running Lati@s is gonna happen, mainly because there are 4 runners, although in PLatinum isnt there five, now that the Kanto birds are runners, so then it is possible.

Steelia

forever.
Lugia,
Ho-Oh,
Raikou,
Entei,
Suicune,
Celebi,
Mewtwo,
Shaymin.

Lugia, Ho-Oh, Raikou, Entei, Suicune are obvious givens.

Celebi... could FINALLY become acquirable without being 'sharked. Perhaps a GS Ball event?

Mewtwo... Now that we're in a new gaming era, games can hold up mass amounts of data. I expect the Cerulean Cave to be semi-constructed (rather than caved in as it was in GSC), Mewtwo still residing inside. We know the 3 Birds fled to Sinnoh... and Mew is now living on Faraway Island... but nothing was said about Mewtwo leaving anywhere. If he did, the only place he could've gone was Johto, as he didn't appear in Hoenn (Mew) OR Sinnoh (Birds). Hopefully so. Hopefully so.

Shaymin... Oak mentioned seeing a "white rock" similar to the one in Sinnoh in Kanto. Given Platinum seems to take place 3(?) years after the events of FR/LG, I'm sure we can expect to see that fabled white rock...

pit-fall

Angels Amoonguss
Exactly the same as the first game.

Johto:
Suicune, Entei, Raikou - Roaming
Lugia - Whirl Islands
Ho-oh - Tin Tower
Celebi - Ilex Forest (Event-only)
Mew - Faraway Island (Event-only)
Jirachi - ??? Island (Event-only)

Kanto:
Latios, Latias - Roaming (only one, same gender as the player)
Mewtwo - Cerulean Cave
Deoxys - Birth Island (Navel Rock would have no Lugia/Ho-oh obviously, and Sevii would be inaccessible due to unknown reasons) (Event-only)

- Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza will be on Navel Island, which will be unlocked in a Wi-Fi event

Ok, that's genious. Rayquaza would be on top and Kyogre, deep down. They'd have to revamp Navel Rock to include a place for Groudon, though.

Ryo

o rly?
Lugia/Ho-Oh
Raikou, Entei & Suicune
All obvious.
The others I'd like to see:

-Celebi : GS Ball wi-fi event
-Latias/Latios : Version exclusives (Latias for SS, Latios for HG). I'd like to see them roaming Kanto.
-Mewtwo:

Mewtwo... Now that we're in a new gaming era, games can hold up mass amounts of data. I expect the Cerulean Cave to be semi-constructed (rather than caved in as it was in GSC), Mewtwo still residing inside. We know the 3 Birds fled to Sinnoh... and Mew is now living on Faraway Island... but nothing was said about Mewtwo leaving anywhere. If he did, the only place he could've gone was Johto, as he didn't appear in Hoenn (Mew) OR Sinnoh (Birds). Hopefully so. Hopefully so.

Perfectly logical appeal for Mewtwo.

Considering how easily every single other legendary is obtained, I'd rather keep it that way.

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
With the GBA era being written out now it seems I could see these being in somehow:
Mewtwo
Mew (New event?)
Celebi (Event)
Lati@s
Jirachi (event)
Rayquaza
Kyogre
Groudon

last 3 are a stretch but they've yet to be released for DS games, same with all those actually. Deoxys, Regis, etc have been released on DS games so meh, I doubt we'll see them.

Mewtwo - Beat all 8 Kanto gyms and it opens? I dunno. :3
Mew - Ticket to an island south of Johto where it appears?
Celebi - GS Ball wifi event
Lati@s - As already suggested, version exclusive. HG - Latios, SS - Latias
Jirachi - TRU event?
Kyogre - Reports of the sea rising in random areas like in Emerald. Go there soon enough and you encounter it.
Groudon - See above except for it'll talk about unusual droughts.
Rayquaza - Catch/defeat both Kyogre and Groudon and it'll appear somewhere. Dunno where. =/

Opinions?

TSL

Mischievous.
What's with this level 47 nonsense? The reason that Palkia/Dialga/Giratina were that level was because they directly played into the storyline, and the game forced an encounter with them, which pretty much every trainer catches. The level was most likely picked because it was right around the level of the player's party pokemon. In Gold and Silver, the game never directly leads you to Ho-oh/Lugia, especially in the case of your version's latter (Ho oh in Silver, Lugia in Gold). Sure, you hear about Tin Tower through rumors and stories and once you hear about Whirl Islands, but the games never really encourage you to go looking for them (this is what I liked about 2nd gen legendaries, it was sort of a trophy collection).

I think that Lugia/Ho-oh will follow the mold of the originals- level 40 Lugia/70 Ho oh in SS, lvl 40 Ho-oh/70 Lugia in HG.

And as everyone pretty much mentioned before, a Celebi event would be awesome and I don't think that they won't implement it, considering how unobtainable Celebi currently is.

A Mewtwo redux would be awesome and it can't take much effort to rebuild Cerulean Cave.
I don't really like the idea of Lati@s wandering around-something about them being Hoenn pokemon interferes with the validity of the games. Maybe wandering in Kanto, but I have a gut feeling about putting roaming Hoenn pokemon in Johto as unattractive.

A Jirachi event would be cool, and it would finally get its own unlockable mission, where in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald it could only be obtained by outside means.

And a Mew event could be cool too I suppose, it'd be a game where you can catch both Mewtwo and Mew-This appeals to me.

GengarNightmare

Everyone has interesting ideas on this thread. I'm impressed!

Let's see:
I'd be well and fine with just being able to catch Lugia, Ho-oh, and the three roaming legends, but of course, a Celebi event would make me (and many others) quite happy.

Now if I wanted to see one of the newer legends to be caught prior to getting the National Dex, I wouldn't mind if they allowed another chance at capturing Mewtwo in the Cerulean Cave (which was normally blocked off in G/S/C), or for one of the newer legends, perhaps Cresselia.
Celebi: Yes. I would LOVE to catch Celebi, as I've never owned a legit one.
Mewtwo: I thought about that as well. If they truly are getting rid of Gameboy games, that would eliminate Fire Red/Leaf Green (barring the Sevii island events)
Cresselia: Meh, probably a D/P/Pt only thing, but that would be cool.
I would have to place my bets on:
Lugia and Ho-Oh will be encountered on their respective versions at lv.47 (like Dialga, Palkia and Giratina in their respective versions), while in the opposite versions (e.g. Ho-Oh in SoulSilver) will be lv.70, just as Dialga and Palkia were in Platinum and Groudon and Kyogre were in Emerald, also weren't they lv.70 in the original Gold and Silver?
Actually, in the original Gold and Silver, the cover Pokemon was LV 40 and the couterpart was LV 70. In Crystal, they were both LV 60 (Which sucked, because you needed Stadium 2 to have Lugia re-learn Aeroblast, but it would be fine now)

As for additional legendaries, Celebi will 99% be in the game as an event. I would expect to encounter it at around level 30, as with the Faraway Island Mew and Flower Paradise Shaymin of past games.
Yup. Illex Forest Event, probably involving the GS ball as before.

I think it would be neat to have in game events for Celebi, Mew, Shaymin, and Jirachi. That would be all the event legendaries and then they could end it there. I don't see the need to flood it with legendaries ala Platinum.
I certainly hope so. The only one I have is Shaymin. :(

I swear if they pull a FR/LG on us and change the where-abouts of a legendary I may have to punch somebody >_>
(Moltres)
I know! The big one wasn't Moltres for me, it was Ho-oh and Lugia being made events. At least Moltres was obtainable through regular play. (not a fan of Collesium/xd)

Here's my theory:

- Lugia and Ho-Oh will be version exclusive and will be at Level 47 (no Level 70 for the other, since it made the game too easy post-Elite 4 [like Level 70 Rayquaza])
- Celebi will be available summer 2010 by Wi-Fi Event (I'm guessing that Movie 13 will have Celebi in it)
- Mewtwo will be in Cerulean Cave at Level 70, which will be unlocked in a Wi-Fi event
- Latios and Latias will likely be available in the same way as Emerald
- Shaymin will probably be on Route 25, which will be unlocked in a Wi-Fi event
- Deoxys will still be on Birth Island, which will be unlocked in a Wi-Fi event
I agree with all of these. Route 25 is where Bill's house is, for people who don't know, which is the northernmost part of Kanto, thus a similar spot to where the current rock is.

As for the others, you're probably right about them being on the different islands. If they do all this, that will remove the need for the Gameboy Advance games (yay!).

Last of all, my personal idea: Though I doubt it, it would be cool if the roaming pokemon would show up randomly on a route and you could see it standing there. It'd be nice if they were life-size sprites (like Palkia and Dialga). You would have to talk to them before they run away or something.

I dunno, that's just my dream.

Oh, and I'm more excited about this game than anyone!!!! G/S were the best!!!!

ray236

skatin` in East L.A
does anyone know if the beserker gene is going to be in the game?
you know the one next to mewtwo's cave

it would totally kill on wi-fi

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
I think Lugia and Ho-oh will stay the same, for there respective games 40/70. I think the runners will be upgraded to lv 50 as I'm assuming that levels will be increased to fix the underlevel problem in the past games. I woul like to see Mewtwo return to the Cave, Lati@s running wild after you beat the KANTO E4. And as an added twist, I would like for when you get to kanto, when you get to the legendary birds spot, a quick cut sceen happens and you see them flying away, then battle a TR admin.

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
Cover Legendaries -- Lugia & Ho-oh:
Should be handled exactly as in G/S. There should be a complete pair of them in each game. Th version's cover legendary is found at Level 40 (?) before facing the Elite Four. The opposing version's cover legendary is found at Level 70 after finding its Wing in Kanto.

Roaming "Catdogs":
I had an interesting idea for this, hybridizing Crystal's and FR/LG's behaviour for them. One of the catdogs--the one who's strong against your chosen starter, will participate in the Crystal version sequence where it's seen in the field a few times before you face it in front of the Tin Tower. The other two roam as usual.

Lati@s:
A lulzworthy idea: Include a ticket to go to Alto Mare to embark on a mini-quest to catch Latias and Latios. *is shot*

Shaymin:
Oak recounts seeing another similar rock to Shaymin's white rock, only in Kanto. I'm thinking this rock should be found in some corner nearby Bill's Lighthouse or something. There should be an Oak's Letter item in HG/SS which enables the Shaymin event as in D/P/P.

Celebi:
Wi-fi event to give out the GS Ball. (The very same vector as the Oak's Letter or D/P/P's Member Pass.) Give it to Kurt. He tells you to stick it at Celebi's shrine. Stick it there. A Celebi attacks!

Mewtwo:
The Cinnibar Volcano should have a cave you can enter. Inside, it starts off like a cave, but you eventually find yourself in a lava-encrusted, torn-apart version of the Cinnibar Mansion basement. A hole in the floor reveals *another* basement level you never saw in Red/Green! Inside are more research papers on Mew/Mewtwo, answering long-pondered questions about their origins. Also down here is a key item of some sort which opens up Cerulean Cave. Inside lies our favourite mutated kitty.