• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HGSS Legendary Pokemon Discussion

DarkishOne

I'll just make a list.
Nonevent Legends
Ho-oh/Lugia - in the same places they were in. Except if KOed they move to Navel Rock, if Kanto get's the Sevi Island upgrade again.
Legenday Dogs - roaming Johto after being awakend.
Latias/Latios - Depending on the Version you buy Latios or Latias can be found Roaming Kanto after you defeat the eight Kanto gyms.
Kyogre/Groudon After Defeating Red and Leaf (yes I know she's not said to be in the game, I just thought it would be cool if she was added do to her being in LG/FR) 2 areas open up One south of Cinawood called Deep Abyss the other at Cinnabar Island called Cinnabar Valcano. Fly to Cinnawood and you'll see it's raining. Everyone you talk to says there normal lines except a couple add a small statment about the rain. You find Chuck at the southeast corner saying "It never rained like this, I bet it has to do with that whale like pokemon over there." Use Surf, head to the right untill you notice a passage that opened up allowing you to go south. you enter a huge area of water with nothing there except the water getting darker as you go further south (the water getting deeper) this is Deep Abyss. when you see that it stops getting darker you notice a black shadow on the surface. (save lol) Ineract, the text say "Something is down there, would you like to disturb it?" Yes, screen shakes and Kyroge cry is heard as it crashes through the surface starting the battle. once finished it stops raining at Deep Abyss and Cinawood. Next is Cinabar where blane is scene at a new opening in the volcano that destroyed the city. talk to him "The volcano is acting up again, do you hear it? A pokemon can be heard inside, it's cries fill me with anger. Why? Because this pokemon is what cause the volcano erupt destroying my home, my gyme... my life. It came here from far away and made this volcano it's home... I want it gone, it pushed me out of my home and now I'll do the same" Blaine rushes in. You navigate the volcano fighting fire type and rock type pokemon, some not found in the regeion until now. You reach the center where Blaine stands at the edge of a pool of lava "I... couldn't win, it's to powerfull but maybe you can. You defeated me aswell, maybe you have a chance. Will you do this?" choose no so you could save then choose yes "Thats what I wanted to hear, GO! Burn that pokemon with the fury of a true expert trainer!" Groudons cries are heard as it rises from the lava and aproches. After you catch or defeat it blane says "Thank you... now the Volcano can finally settle back to it's calm nature allowing us to rebuild our home. I hope you will visit in the future and see Cinibar as it use to be, a living breathing city full of people... Ah I can't wait" Blaine leaves.
Event Legendaries
Jirachi - You get an item from an event "Telescope" With it you go hope and talk to your Mom she then says "Wow I bet you can see many stars up close with that, why don't you try it out at night" Then you have to wait untill nightfall to talk to her again this time she's outside with the telescope "Ok I set it up for you, I couldn't wait for you so I had a peek hehe sorry." You then use it and see different sights, The top of Mount Silver, the stars in the sky but somehow one manages to be scene infront of Mount Silver for some odd reason. Then you stop mom already went back inside and profeser elm just walks out of his lab "Ah -players name- perfect timing, I just got a call from Prof. Oak. He said that a trainer he gave a pokedex to that's been traveling Johto latly says he found an area west of Mount Silver but didn't check it out yet. How would you like to check it out for me, who knows what kind of pokemon resign there." Travel to Mount Silver but instead of entering you head to the left where you notice a place where you can use Rock climb. after climbing travel around untill you reach a new area called "Silver Passage" follow it the only way you can at a dead end you find an item ball with "Star Peice" Jirachi cry is heard and it flies around from the tome of the screen untill it lands where the star peice was. nothing happens meaning you can save here (lol) now you can battle it if you want.
Celebi - You get the GS ball in an event or is awarded to you for winning a double battle between Red and Leaf (since she was added in R/B remakes). Then placed in the shine for Celebi to be battled.
Mewtwo and Deoxys - An event should be held that gives you "Broken switch" the Broken Switch will be given to you by Gold/Soul depending on the gender you pick he/she says "I tried flipping a switch I found in Celedon City game corner and it just popped right off, I cant seem to reatatch it, maybe you'll be albe to. I'm curious about what it does" You then travel to Celedon City where Gold/Soul it waiting at the game corner. After you fix the switch you then navigate the old Team Rocket hideout (Gold/Soul follows you the same way the starter does at the begining of the game) If you try to leave he/she says "When you're ready let me know, we'll see this through together!" Anyway if you continue you'll find a man, speak to him and he says "I remember the days when this place was filled with men and women willing to do my bidding no matter how dangerous it may be. That was untill they showed up." The man turns and faces the player "You... you two remind me of... No you aren't. Heh. I am Giovanni former leader of the disbanned Team Rocket. What? Those fools are still causing trouble, haven't they learned by now that my way wasn't the right way..." Giovanni then walks around the room getting angry "Grrr... HOW COULD I LOSE TO A COUPLE OF KIDS!!! HOW CAN 2 KIDS TAKE US DOWN LIKE... like we ... -sigh- because we were nothing more then a bunch of thugs going nowhere. I understand that now. What is your names?" Gold/Soul responds "I'm Gold/Soul and this is -Players name-" He then responds Soul? -Players name here- is it? Can you do me a favor if you ever see those 2 tell them thanks, thanks for everything. In return I'll tell you a secret, There once was a pokemon that was created from the DNA of a pokemon named Mew. The project went wrong and the Pokemon became a heartless beast crazy with power... like I use to be... this pokemon Use to live in a cave outside Cerulean City until it colapsed, the pokemon then had to move to an unknown location where it can be left alone with no human contact where it can hopefully calm it's savage nature. You see, I was to be the master of this pokemon untill it destroyed the pokemon mansion formaly located on Cinnibar Island killing everyon inside. So I happen to know where this pokemon went through a tracking device implanted in the back of his neck. It can now be found on Birth Island" Go there, and tame this savage beast, make it yours." The light goes out and Giovanni disapears. Now you can go to Birth Island by boat. Half way through the tripa cutscene plays like the one in DPPt but this shows 2 Auras clashin above Birth Island causing waves to crash, and causing Birth Island to split apart with a big gap between the 2 sides. The scene shift up close showing Mewtwo in one aura with text saying "Me-pant-Mewtwo..." Mewtwos KOed cry is used at the same timemaking it sound weakend. The sprite then disapears aura and all. Then the other aura is shown with Deoxys in the middle of it.Text says "Deo..." with Deoxys weakend cry heard as it's sprite disapears aura and all. the scene then turns back the one from before showing the sky clearing up and the waves calming down. Text is then shown on the screen from Gold/Soul "That was Mewtwo but what was it batteling?" boat drive says "I don't know but I'm turning back, what you're crazy if you want me to continue... Ok I'll drop you off but I'm not stepping foot on that Island" You then arive at a destroyed birth Island that looks alot bigger since to was shattered into peices. Gold/Soul then says "Ok I'm not sure if we really should ve doing this... You really want to do this... ok go ahead but I'm not moving from this spot." You have to Surf from peice to peice untill you find a "Y" shaped peice. Choose left to face Mewtwo, choose right to face Deoxys. Either way you can still go and face the other when done with the one you chose. When you see them in there spot they are flashing the same colors used by a pokemon that uses recover letting you know they are full health now. When finished return to the boat and speak with Gold/Soul. Depending on your actions you get 6 different lines "Are you ok? You managed to defeat/capture Mewtwo? If you want we can leave and come back to challange the other one." or "Are you ok? You managed to defeat/capture the other pokemon? Hm so that was Deoxys, If you want we can leave and come back to challange Mewtwo." or "Arwe you ok? You manage to capture Mewtwo and you defeated the other pokemon. So that's Deoxys. You really are a amazing trainer to pull that off." or "Are you ok? You manage to capture the other pokemon, that was Deoxys. You also defeated Mewtwo. You really are an amazing trainer." or "Oh my... You defeated both Mewtwo and the other pokemon? So that was Deoxys. All I know is if you could do that... I never want to face you in battle you will tear my team apart." or finally "Oh my... You manage tocapture both Mewtwo and that other pokemon? So that was Deoxys. Sheesh if I was a wild pokemon I'd fear running into you." after one of those lines you thes get back on the boats and return to one of the docks in Johto or Kanto. "That was something else, look I'm worn out and I'm going home for a while. See ya."

Yeah I know, I didn't have to write out a whole story for a dew of the pokemon pokemon but I felt like going in depth with detail on them just to get a feal on what I'm thinking.

Soul Hero

Olympic God
I for one would enjoy events that add on to the game. Basically, not making the other legendary Pokemon apart of the main story.
@ DarkishOne: Wow that's VERY detailed lol :D

dark_murasame

OG Trainer
I think lugia/ho-oh could possibly be like the old games between lv 45-70 and celebi may possibly be obtainable in-game instead of event. I also think a subquest to kanto would be good to to give you the chance to get the three birds and mewtwo.

Captain Noob

Feelin' Sleepy
Kanto would be neat and everything, but I've a funny feeling that Game Freak will probably leave Kanto out. I mean, they already remade the whole region before on the GBA and the three birds in Plat. Sure, it'd be possible to make it, but it'd take so darn long to add Kanto onto Johto again, and we won't get the game till 2015 :p. I reckon they'll make a new area similar to the Sevii Islands with some legends. Although, if they DId reinclude it, i'd see it as a nice surprise, but I wouldn't mind anyway. So, I think, then, that maybe Ho-oh will be found first (40-50) in both versions, and Lugia later (70?) because that's sorta the order you find the landmarks in (GF could easily push the Surf (Whirlpool?) HMs back to dissalow Lugia till later.) Also, the Celebii event is almost definate, because it's stoopid-hard to get outside Japan (and didn't Serebii mention a Celebi Shrine on the Notch-Ear Pichu page??.) Although, it most likely will be a Wi-Fi event, probably involving Kurt and the GS Ball. On top of this, Shaymin's White Rock Mk 2 is bound to happen somewhere in "Kanto", but I'm still unsure as to whether this will be the whole of Kanto or just some poxy islands again like the added stuff to LG/FR (I wonder where the Gracidea Flower could go?). And yes, I wouldn't be surprised either if the Latis made a guest appearence, seeings as they aren't in a 4th Gen Game.

Anyway, now that GF are getting better with their Wi-Fi events in Platinum, it's likely they could cram all the legends in and make a load of events. Its possible, but it may spoil the game a bit. We''l have to see how it pans out...otherwise people may be dissapointed.

Kanto would be neat and everything, but I've a funny feeling that Game Freak will probably leave Kanto out. I mean, they already remade the whole region before on the GBA and the three birds in Plat. Sure, it'd be possible to make it, but it'd take so darn long to add Kanto onto Johto again, and we won't get the game till 2015 :p. I reckon they'll make a new area similar to the Sevii Islands with some legends. Although, if they DId reinclude it, i'd see it as a nice surprise, but I wouldn't mind anyway. So, I think, then, that maybe Ho-oh will be found first (40-50) in both versions, and Lugia later (70?) because that's sorta the order you find the landmarks in (GF could easily push the Surf (Whirlpool?) HMs back to dissalow Lugia till later.) Also, the Celebii event is almost definate, because it's stoopid-hard to get outside Japan (and didn't Serebii mention a Celebi Shrine on the Notch-Ear Pichu page??.) Although, it most likely will be a Wi-Fi event, probably involving Kurt and the GS Ball. On top of this, Shaymin's White Rock Mk 2 is bound to happen somewhere in "Kanto", but I'm still unsure as to whether this will be the whole of Kanto or just some poxy islands again like the added stuff to LG/FR (I wonder where the Gracidea Flower could go?). And yes, I wouldn't be surprised either if the Latis made a guest appearence, seeings as they aren't in a 4th Gen Game.

Anyway, now that GF are getting better with their Wi-Fi events in Platinum, it's likely they could cram all the legends in and make a load of events. Its possible, but it may spoil the game a bit. We''l have to see how it pans out...otherwise people may be dissapointed.

Well, since Emerald, we've always basically had secondary regions. Adding Kanto to Johto would be akin to adding the Sevii Islands to FR/LG, or all the Battle Frontier to Emerald/Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

There's actually a whole lot of space that isn't used in the games just for adding stuff. And as Platinum just came out and makes a lot available, they wouldn't need bother adding all those events and extraneous information to HG/SS, when they could just make the game as it was before.

Odds are, in HG/SS, we'll see all of Kanto, Sevii Islands perhaps, and probably more. Don't expect things to shrink-- that doesn't usually happen when your technology allows you to make more information as you reduce the work needed to add that information.

But to keep on topic-
I believe Oak said something about Shaymin's rock being around Route 25. I don't really remember. But that kept in mind, it might just be a rock "similar" to Shaymin's rock. It doesn't mean that the rock will allow us to get Shaymin necessarily. It could be a Mew rock. Or a Jirachi rock. Or a Magikarp rock. Who knows?

chosen_one386

Angel of Chaos
I kind of wish that they would make Celebi available in-game. I know that it is basically an event Pokemon...but, there are just some of us that have never been able to get and event Pokemon, because we don't have Wi-fi and are secluded to an area where there are no Pokefans around us to trade with. I have played Pokemon games for 10 years, and I do not have a SINGLE event Pokemon.

Just saying that maybe this once...they could add Celebi?

But to keep on topic-
I believe Oak said something about Shaymin's rock being around Route 25. I don't really remember. But that kept in mind, it might just be a rock "similar" to Shaymin's rock. It doesn't mean that the rock will allow us to get Shaymin necessarily. It could be a Mew rock. Or a Jirachi rock. Or a Magikarp rock. Who knows?

Oak never stated what part of Kanto in particular. Most people speculate it'll be in Route 25, but nothing has been confirmed.

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram
Kanto would be neat and everything, but I've a funny feeling that Game Freak will probably leave Kanto out. I mean, they already remade the whole region before on the GBA and the three birds in Plat. Sure, it'd be possible to make it, but it'd take so darn long to add Kanto onto Johto again, and we won't get the game till 2015 :p.

I agree that there is no need for the birds to be included since we got them in Plat, but I do not think they'll exclude Kanto. I think you are seriously overestimating how much effort it will take to revamp a region they have mastered many times. And I dont know if you have read translations of the project lead's blog that one of the members on here has in their sig, but in that blog the man says that they have been working on these two remakes since the release of Diamond and Pearl, so there as been ample time to get kanto put in.

Sodomized

Kanto for sure will not be excluded in the remakes. Silver and Gold were amazing because of the fact that after finishing your journey in Jhoto you could go on and expirirence Kanto on a whole other journey. This was a major draw to the game. Leaving Kanto out would completley ruin these remakes.

Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark

Galaxy Trainer
I think Ho-oh and Lugia will be ontainable in only one of the two games (Ho-oh in HG and Lugia in SS) and I think they three dogs will be roaming again across Jotho.

I hope (and I think) that they'll put Kyorge and Ground (and maybe Rayquaza) somewhere in the game, maybe on a new Island or something.

I also think Kanto will be included in the game and I hope that (in contrast with G/S/C) you'll be able to catch the three birds + Mewtwo in the caves/places where you had to catch them in RBY and FRLG (except Moltres in FRLG, wich you had to catch one Island 1)

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
I think Ho-oh and Lugia will be ontainable in only one of the two games (Ho-oh in HG and Lugia in SS) and I think they three dogs will be roaming again across Jotho.

I hope (and I think) that they'll put Kyorge and Ground (and maybe Rayquaza) somewhere in the game, maybe on a new Island or something.

I also think Kanto will be included in the game and I hope that (in contrast with G/S/C) you'll be able to catch the three birds + Mewtwo in the caves/places where you had to catch them in RBY and FRLG (except Moltres in FRLG, wich you had to catch one Island 1)

Thing with Ho-oh and Lugia is that the legend that is focused around them includes BOTH of them, as in "There were two towers, and each tower was the home of one pokemon". In a way when you catch them/encounter them, you actually see what happened to them after one of the towers was burned. Having only one would seem incomplete, as you wouldn't actually be able to see what happened to the other one. They will probably both be in the game, but one of the two will be after you defeat the Elite Four (just like it was in the original games).

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
I think Ho-oh and Lugia will be ontainable in only one of the two games (Ho-oh in HG and Lugia in SS)

Adding on to what Slowking[George] said, being able to capture both legendaries no matter which game you had was a big part of the original Gold and Silver. It wouldn't make much sense for GameFreak to throw this aspect of the games out during the remakes. This is something along the lines of Kanto; something they won't exclude from the games.

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram
I always thought that the lore about Lugia and Ho oh was a bit weighted in Ho oh's favor. There was much less legend regarding Lugia. The three beasts were tied to Ho oh, especially in Crystal, and Ecruteak mainly focuses on Ho oh. Lugia basically just had a few NPC's talking about how it prowled Whirl Islands and created a few storms.

chosen_one386

Angel of Chaos
I always thought that the lore about Lugia and Ho oh was a bit weighted in Ho oh's favor. There was much less legend regarding Lugia. The three beasts were tied to Ho oh, especially in Crystal, and Ecruteak mainly focuses on Ho oh. Lugia basically just had a few NPC's talking about how it prowled Whirl Islands and created a few storms.

I guess they decided to make up for that outside of the games by centering the 2nd movie around Lugia, but I agree with you: Lugia didn't get much folklore in the games.

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram
I guess they decided to make up for that outside of the games by centering the 2nd movie around Lugia, but I agree with you: Lugia didn't get much folklore in the games.

The movie was awesome and if they had not put the three birds into Platinum (what a waste), then I would have been clamoring for them to be in the remakes with a similar relationship.

MKFC

Shade of Blue
Probably no other legends besides version legends/dog runners and Celebi. Celebi will probably have a full event in Ilex Forest or something, in a giveaway.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
The movie was awesome and if they had not put the three birds into Platinum (what a waste),

I'm pretty sure HeartGold and SoulSilver were being worked on while Platinum was being worked on at the same time. If they wanted the birds to appear in these games, then they would have checked with the Platinum team.

Besides, anime =/= games. I doubt they would have put the birds - Lugia relationship into the games.