• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HGSS Legendary Pokemon Discussion

Shadowedrival

Actually, this may be kinda stupid, but here goes nothing...

Maybe, after kicking Red's butt to heck and back, you can get a notice from Oak or somebody that a rockslide in Mt. Moon occured, causing a secret tunnel to be revealed that takes you into the Cerulean Dungeon.

I think that its highly unlikely to ever happen. Its a good idea to have a natural disaster happen to make legends catchable in the game. Natural disasters are major events and legends are too so you can tie the two together. An example is kyogre causing it to rain in saphire.

Cackles

Do you think that Mewtwo may become an event Pokemon or FR/LG only? I mean... This thing is rare. And powerful.

I could see it as an event a lot more easily than I could it just being stuck in the Unknown Dungeon again. Give it an island or something.

Rensch

Although it is just a rumor, I would not at all be surprised if Latios, Latias and Mewtwo would be available. Much like Ruby and Sapphire, they could just make Latias and Latios exclusive to each version and roam the grasses of Kanto like Raikou and Entei do in Johto.

They put the three legendary Kanto birds in the Platinum version even though they were obtainable via FireRed and LeafGreen. Since those two games are not available anymore, they put them in Platinum so you can still get them. The same now goes for Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza in HeartGold and SoulSilver. And Lugia, Ho-Oh, Entei, Suicune and Raikou are in there off course. Regice, Regirock and Registeel are obtainable via an event in Platinum as well.

That leaves only three legendary pokémon that are not obtainable through events, that they could put in and those are exactly Mewtwo, Latios and Latias. I'm particularly positive about the latter two. As for Mewtwo, they could at least have a Wi-Fi event or something for it.

As for Kyogre and Groudon, I like the idea of Groudon being on Cinnabar and Kyogre on Seafoam, especially since those places are pretty bland otherwise (given they are they same as in the GBC version which seems likely to me). The theme fits with them and you'd have something different than just the volcano and Pokécenter in cinnabar and the gym battle cave in Seafoam. On the other hand, it seems likely they are in the same place, like in Ruby/Sapphire's Seafloor Cavern.

I have no idea where they will put Rayquaza, though. Most likely they will put some new area in the game for it.

Calm PokeMaster

I could see it as an event a lot more easily than I could it just being stuck in the Unknown Dungeon again. Give it an island or something.

It would probably get stuck in the unknown Dungeon for ever............

Unless it is made available in-game or through an event.........

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
I have had another idea for Mewtwo.

All of us want Mewtwo to actually be in the games, in the Cerulean Cave, so that when you visit Kanto you can catch it. However, think of it this way. The games are remakes. They will probably keep the same storyline more or less. This means that, just as in the original games, the Cerulean Cave could have collapsed. Most people believe that if something like that happens, it will immediately mean that Mewtwo cannot be caught in the games. However, it could be that Mewtwo fled from the collapsing cave, and made its way to another location, possibly an island of some sorts. You could then travel to that Island from Olivine/Vermilion. It's a way they could deal with Mewtwo without changing the story.

Calm PokeMaster

Slowking[George];10076724 said:
I have had another idea for Mewtwo.

All of us want Mewtwo to actually be in the games, in the Cerulean Cave, so that when you visit Kanto you can catch it. However, think of it this way. The games are remakes. They will probably keep the same storyline more or less. This means that, just as in the original games, the Cerulean Cave could have collapsed. Most people believe that if something like that happens, it will immediately mean that Mewtwo cannot be caught in the games. However, it could be that Mewtwo fled from the collapsing cave, and made its way to another location, possibly an island of some sorts. You could then travel to that Island from Olivine/Vermilion. It's a way they could deal with Mewtwo without changing the story.

Thats bad.They can't make it so easy and take you to an island just like that.

Maetch

No, third.

100-Magikarp
80-Arceus
70-Mewtwo, GS non-box birds, Rayquaza, etc.

Never met Arceus, and a Lv. 100 Magikarp isn't exactly useful for much. Still, thank you for filling me in.

Actually... can a Lv. 100 Magikarp actually evolve?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Okay, let's stop spamming about high-levelled Magikarps now.

How do you think one will obtain the non-box birdie in these new games? Do you think they'll keep the old system of the random Pewter City guy, or pull something completely different on us?

neokumamon

Akward, but powerful
If they are removing the Pewter City Guy; it's possible Eusine might have a part in giving you the other wing, considering his expanded role in the games.

How did that guy have the other bird Feather again?

Slowking[George];10076724 said:
The games are remakes. They will probably keep the same storyline more or less. This means that, just as in the original games, the Cerulean Cave could have collapsed.

That's like saying Safari Zone can't be reopened because the developers didn't have enough space on those game carts for it. We never had a confirmation in GSC that the whole cave collapsed. If anything, only the former entrance to Cerulean Cave collapsed, but now there's another way to get in there. Who knows, Mt. Moon is pretty close to it...

DarkZBoy

POKEMON
I think the Silver Wing or Rainbow wing should be a item on the ground or map, it makes more sense, I mean the old guy you JUST happened to rescue had the wing.

or how bout this?

You fight your Boxed Birdie, catch it or kill it, and it leaves an item where it was standing, that being the wing? ;O

You fight your Boxed Birdie, catch it or kill it, and it leaves an item where it was standing, that being the wing? ;O

Then you can have both birdies before the E4? No thanks. I think the best is to have that old guy in Pewter giving the other Feather, really. And one of the Kimono Girls giving the Clear Bell, if it ever becomes necessary (as it's already known Eusine is hunting Suicune in HGSS).

I think the Silver Wing or Rainbow wing should be a item on the ground or map, it makes more sense, I mean the old guy you JUST happened to rescue had the wing.

or how bout this?

I like that idea, although I think that they will leave the storyline for that part the way it is, they might add something to it, but I think they will leave it though.

DarkZBoy

POKEMON
Does anyone think that suicune might be in the spots you encountered it in crystal? like the Cianwood city spot?

I mean, in the map of the PokeGear, I can only see Raikou and Entai, no suicune?

Fight it in the Tin Towers or is it a roaming pokemon?

Ammako

I think Latias should be in Heart Gold and Latios in Soul Silver. As for Mewtwo, if they make a Colo/XD game featuring it, they should as well make a Wi-Fi event giving out the Berserk Gene as a key item, wich you would bring to Cinnabar Lab. Upon being ressurected, Mewtwo would rampage and flee, breaking it's way through Cerulean Cave. You then go catch it in there.

Just like they did with Lugia/Ho-oh, they made Colosseum and XD to get them, but there was also the Navel Rock to catch them.

Stupid idea.

The WHOLE point of the feather is to have access to the legendary.

Last edited:

Rensch

Does anyone think that suicune might be in the spots you encountered it in crystal? like the Cianwood city spot?

I mean, in the map of the PokeGear, I can only see Raikou and Entai, no suicune?

Fight it in the Tin Towers or is it a roaming pokemon?

It seems likely since that was basically what the side-story involving Eusine found its climax with and Eusine is back in HeartGold/SoulSilver. It will probably be the same storyline as in Crystal.

Last edited: