• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HGSS Legendary Pokemon Discussion

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
What do you mean first event? It's an event pokemon in D/P/Pt

It's in D/P/Pt, but it's in the Hall of Origin, which you can't get to without cheating, so the 12th Movie Arceus is the first Arceus Event.

Edit: Beaten...oh well.

Hm...I like how they gave the Lv. 1 Legendaries interesting moves. Escpecially Metal Burst.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Hmm, Latis and Mewtwo, huh? That takes care of the Legendaries, as far as I know, so all we need is for the Hoenn and Kanto starters to be made available, and the 3rd Gen games will officially become obsolete, and GameStop will stop charging ridiculous prices for them.

I'm not too thrilled over the moves the level 1 Legendaries get. But then, I don't use Ubers (in-game Garchomp excluded) or even battle competitively.

Vault-Boy

I hope they give Groudon and Rayquaza new sprites. Especially Groudon. One where he's not just standing there with his arms open.

Ampy

Light The Stars
I hope they give Groudon and Rayquaza new sprites. Especially Groudon. One where he's not just standing there with his arms open.

I can agree with you on the Groudon sprite... the Emerald one was way better then his new one... but Rayquaza's sprite in Emerald looked horrible in my opinion... yeah but it would be nice if there were new sprites for the legendaries... hopefully we can get a shadow lugia as an extra form... and maybe a temporal dialga (I highly doubt it... but it might be cool)

Wigglytuff FTW!

Oh hi thar
So, Lati@s and Mewtwo are interesting, but getting Ho-oh, Lugia, Jirachi (by event), the weather trio, and the aforementioned pokes,
it all semms kinda overwhelming.

And I'm kinda steamed that I transfered all my lengendaries from FR/Emerald for NOTHING!
I undestand their trying to reduce dependency on GBA games, but it's kinda LATE!

How many legendary Pokemon do we have now?

Mewtwo (uncomfirmed)
Lugia
Ho-Oh
Suicune
Raikou
Entei
Latias (uncomfirmed)
Latios (uncomfirmed)
Jirachi
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Shaymin (uncomfirmed)
Arceus

At this rate, we will have no need for D/P/Pt, you can get most of the legendaries here apart from the Lake Trio, Darkrai, Cresselia and Heatran.

Last edited:

Steelia

forever.
How many legendary Pokemon do we have now?

Mewtwo (uncomfirmed)
Lugia
Ho-Oh
Suicune
Raikou
Entei
Latias (uncomfirmed)
Latios (uncomfirmed)
Jirachi
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Shaymin (uncomfirmed)
Arceus

At this rate, we will have no need for D/P/Pt, you can get most of the legendaries here apart from the Lake Trio, Darkrai, Cresselia and Heatran.

...Getting Arceus? In HG/SS?
I know you need the movie Arceus to unlock its event (much like Notched-Ear Pichu, Jirachi), but I've never heard talk of actually obtaining Arceus IN the game.

Also, don't forget to add Celebi to that list (unconfirmed). Hey, if this is featuring Eusine, the Suicune chaser from Crystal, and in Crystal you could obtain Celebi via the GS Ball... ;)

If anything, it should look a little like this:

Mewtwo (uncomfirmed)
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Lugia
Ho-Oh
Celebi (unconfirmed)
Latias (uncomfirmed)
Latios (uncomfirmed)
Groudon / Kyogre
Rayquaza
Jirachi (?)
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Shaymin (uncomfirmed)
Arceus (?)

DPPt had 20 out of 35 legendaries. We only have 11 confirmed in HGSS, with other six (Mew (I know you can get one in Ranch, thank you), Latios, Latias, Mewtwo, Celebi, Deoxys) on the hold, for a grand total of... 17. While having, at least for now, only three legendaries DPPt already have.

How can you say we may "not need" DPPt for legendaries?

Last edited:

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
I thought I should basically summarise everything out.

Articuno (DPPt)
Zapdos (DPPt)
Moltres (DPPt)
Mewtwo
Mew (DP - Pokemon Ranch)
Raikou (HGSS)
Entei (HGSS)
Suicune (HGSS)
Lugia (HGSS)
Ho-oh (HGSS)
Celebi
Regirock (Pt)
Regice (Pt)
Registeel (Pt)
Latias
Latios

Kyogre (HG)
Groudon (SS)
Rayquaza (HGSS)
Jirachi (New Jirachi event)
Deoxys
Uxie (DPPt)
Mesprit (DPPt)
Azelf (DPPt)
Dialga (DPt)
Palkia (PPt)
Heatran (DPPt)
Regigigas (DPPt)
Giratina (DPPt)
Cresselia (DPPt)
Phione (DP(Pt) - breed the Manaphy from the Manaphy egg and Pokemon Ranch)
Manaphy (DPPt - Manaphy egg that would be transferred to these games)
Darkrai (Pt)
Shaymin (Pt)
Arceus (Pt - at some point when Azure Flute is released)

Basically, all we have left are Mewtwo, Celebi, Latias, Latios and Deoxys. These are the only 5 legendaries that are inaccessible via any of the 4th gen games, whether those are DPPt, HGSS, Pokemon Ranger games, pokemon Ranch, or wondercard events like Jirachi.
Normally I'd say that it's impossible to have all of these 5 events on top of the in-game HGSS ones. However, Platinum proved the opposite, we can have as many as 21 legendaries in the game (obtainable in one way or another (no Mew, Platinum can't connect to Pokemon Ranch)), so this makes me believe that the rumours for Mewtwo, Latias and Latios being in the games must be true. And it wouldn't have been a remake without Celebi in (I almost sure it will be in), so all we have left is Deoxys. Maybe they will include it in the games too, or maybe they will distribute it in a way similar to Jirachi. What do you think?

Last edited:
I agree with you. Allowing those five to be in sets up a lot possibilities. Put Latias in HG, and Latios in SS. And then, pull a Southern Island where the other is located in each game, getting Nintendo money for an event. Mewtwo I guess will have an ingame location. Deoxys will either stay an event, or have an ingame location that requires an event item.

My guess is next summer they will release Celebi with the new movie, since it features Lugia and Ho-Oh, and then after a while in Japan the GS Ball will be sent over Wi-Fi.

CharizardFire6

Charizard Trainer
Slowking[George];10037179 said:

Articuno (DPPt)
Zapdos (DPPt)
Moltres (DPPt)
Mewtwo
Mew (DP - Pokemon Ranch)
Raikou (HGSS)
Entei (HGSS)
Suicune (HGSS)
Lugia (HGSS)
Ho-oh (HGSS)
Celebi
Regirock (DPPt)
Regice (DPPt)
Registeel (DPPt)
Latias
Latios

Kyogre (HG)
Groudon (SS)
Rayquaza (HGSS)
Deoxys
Uxie (DPPt)
Mesprit (DPPt)
Azelf (DPPt)
Dialga (DPt)
Palkia (PPt)
Heatran (DPPt)
Regigigas (DPPt)
Giratina (DPPt)
Cresselia (DPPt)
Darkrai (Pt)
Shaymin (Pt)

Basically, all we have left are Mewtwo, Celebi, Latias, Latios and Deoxys. These are the only 5 legendaries that are inaccessible via any of the 4th gen games, whether those are DPPt, HGSS, Pokemon Ranger games, pokemon Ranch, or wondercard events like Jirachi.
Normally I'd say that it's impossible to have all of these 5 events on top of the in-game HGSS ones. However, Platinum proved the opposite, we can have as many as 21 legendaries in the game (obtainable in one way or another (no Mew, Platinum can't connect to Pokemon Ranch)), so this makes me believe that the rumours for Mewtwo, Latias and Latios being in the games must be true. And it wouldn't have been a remake without Celebi in (I almost sure it will be in), so all we have left is Deoxys. Maybe they will include it in the games too, or maybe they will distribute it in a way similar to Jirachi. What do you think?

Regirock, Regice, and Registeel are only in Platinum.

Flamer

My predictions: I reckon Latios in one, Latias in the other. Probably stick Mewtwo in Cerulean cave like he was in R/B/Y. Celebi will probably have some event that you need a specail item to access, (avalible over wifi at some point maybe) and Deoxys similar to Jirachi.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
My predictions: I reckon Latios in one, Latias in the other. Probably stick Mewtwo in Cerulean cave like he was in R/B/Y. Celebi will probably have some event that you need a specail item to access, (avalible over wifi at some point maybe) and Deoxys similar to Jirachi.

Most likely. I think Latias will be in Heart Gold and Latios in Soul Silver. As for Celebi, they'll probably give you the GS Ball over Wi-fi.

ijea4444

Slowking[George];10037179 said:

Articuno (DPPt)
Zapdos (DPPt)
Moltres (DPPt)
Mewtwo
Mew (DP - Pokemon Ranch)
Raikou (HGSS)
Entei (HGSS)
Suicune (HGSS)
Lugia (HGSS)
Ho-oh (HGSS)
Celebi
Regirock (DPPt)
Regice (DPPt)
Registeel (DPPt)
Latias
Latios

Kyogre (HG)
Groudon (SS)
Rayquaza (HGSS)
Deoxys
Uxie (DPPt)
Mesprit (DPPt)
Azelf (DPPt)
Dialga (DPt)
Palkia (PPt)
Heatran (DPPt)
Regigigas (DPPt)
Giratina (DPPt)
Cresselia (DPPt)
Darkrai (Pt)
Shaymin (Pt)

Deoxys was available for download in japan for a 10th aniversary or movie(or some event with a 10, I just know it was nicknamed the 10th deoxys. and IIRC was given NeverMeltIce as viewer's pick item.People got to vote on the item, and then it was given the signature moves or each Deoxys form. Recently america and even Europeon/Austrailian places too, have been recieveing similar Japanese Events. I don't know about Austrailian/Europeon events, but I know that the US recieved the same exact wondercard, just translated, at gamestop.

The only problem is that they want to give out pokemon for everyone. So people who are joining pokemon recently, or couldn't make the event need a way of getting deoxys without trading. There is a chance that because of Kanto making a return, we could see a return of Birth Island.

Mew although is technically available, gamefreak doesn't expect families to buy a total of about 280 (wii with tax) game and a $20 worth of points(as far as I know wii points can't be purchased in 10's). Thankfully I have a wii and have access to the game, but again Gamefreak is trying to make this easy and not complicated for the newcomers/or people who will be thankful that they don't have to spend almost $300 to get a mew, which btw is unresetable :(. Since the old sea map event was in Emerald I don't see how they could at it here, unless the ferry can go to Hoenn waters. I could see mew being a runner since in the Lucario and the Mystery of Mew(I am completely aware of the fact that Games=/= Anime, but in the Anime we see humans drinking Miltank milk, is it fair to say that because it isn't in the games we have to assume humans can't drink Miltank milk? As long as it isn't storyline or attacks/abilities pokemon can have its fair to debate), Mew was traveling all through Kanto and in the Movie's case, where ash and co were. And it just roamed transforming into other pokemon. Because we know that Mew doesn't tend to want to stay in the same place, imo its fair to say it could be a roamer.

Since the old sea map event was in Emerald I don't see how they could at it here, unless the ferry can go to Hoenn waters.

Wrong, my friend. There's never been any confirmation that Faraway Island is in Hoenn. Actually, if you opened your Town Map while on it, it would say "Faraway Island" but not show where you were. It also happened with Navel Rock and Birth Island, which we know are Sevii islands already (a little far away from the others, but still from the archipelago). One could say Faraway is closer to, say, Johto than it is to Kanto (while it's closest to Hoenn). Which would mean we CAN go to Faraway in HGSS, while would also justify not having the island on FRLG (while Emerald had it along with Navel and Birth).

Note that I said it "could mean". I'd obviously love having the island accessible so I could finally have a shiny Mew (I saw a friend with one in 2005 and never got a copy of it. And that was Pokémon Crystal, the a*shole could have given me a copy of that Mew :/), but it's as Carliste said, Mew is the original event pokémon. If I recall correctly, the Old Sea Chart was distributed only ONCE, and in Japan. They probably realized it was utter madness to have the original event pokémon to be so easily accessible.

Last edited:

Chrono

\:D/
They're adding in so much legends right now @.@

XD Watch the next Gen pokemon series be all new pokemon and not the old pokemon starting at at 1-151 pokemon